The World Is New: Chapter 9, Harmony Through Oneness with God
- ... I am also interested in such teachings, and I have been carrying your ad around with me for a whole week, but only today did the urge come to me to answer it." The truth is that probably he had a higher sense of love than she had and was hoping or expecting to carry love to someone who was ready to express love, but not to someone who was just seeking ten dollars a week. This love which you and I are to express cannot be expressed only to one another, for even the scribes and the Pharisees showered love on their families and friends. No, the love that we are called upon to express must be given to our enemies, to those who despitefully use us as well as to those who come within the range of our friendship and our home. The essence of love is oneness with God, and oneness with God makes inevitable the conscious expression of the qualities of God. There is nothing mysterious or occult about this. It is something we can do right where we are-in a bus, an automobile, or on an airplane. As long as we are looking out on this world with love and forgiveness and with joy that all who open their consciousness to the presence of God will in some manner bring It forth, that is all that is necessary. Within us, there are greater capacities for joy than any of us have ever known in the external world. I myself have always been a voracious reader, but today I can find just as great a joy welling up within me as I can find outside in any book. Though I still enjoy good books, I find that if I am in a place where there are no books, all that could be found in books can be found in my individual consciousness. And so you would find it, too. Peace, joy, power! "My peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you." 15 Money, home, automobiles, theaters, dances, and good food-that is the kind of peace that we get from the world. But My peace, the peace that I give which the world cannot give, is the peace we are seeking. That is the grace of God, and it is not outside of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ny Through Oneness with God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:44- 120K
Find Similar Documents
The World Is New: Chapter 10, The Prayer of Understanding
- ... God is infinite intelligence, and we are one with God in proportion as we open our consciousness to be led by that infinite intelligence-"not my will, but thine, be done." 14 If I have made it clear only in a tiny measure-a measure as small as a grain of dust-that our concept of God must be changed and that we individually have to begin the work of conscious at-one-ment, my whole life will have fulfilled itself. To catch a really higher concept of God than I have now, so that I can feel just a bit closer to this almighty Spirit which is the reality of my being, is the great purpose of life. I know It will use Itself through me for some good end, but I also know right well that I cannot go out on street corners and preach this. I feel very, very fortunate if the few who are drawn to me can catch one little glimpse of what I am trying to say, and if in them I can bring to life a little bit of the Spirit that will speak to them in these words, "Change your idea of prayer; do a little higher praying and have a little higher concept of God than to believe that He began a war or that He is ever going to end one or that He is ever going to forgive anyone his sins while he is still in his sins." Forgiveness is accomplished only by the forsaking of the sin. There is no other way. It is no more possible to be forgiven while indulging in the sin than it is to continue believing that 3 x 3 is 8 or that 4 x 4 is 19 and expect the principle of mathematics to take the gentle and forgiving attitude, "Well, after all, you are a charitable soul, so we will give you the correct answer." It is not done-not in mathematics, not in music, not in painting, art, sculpture, or writing. Those who turn to science and the arts must turn to them fully open to their principles. Those who turn to God must turn to God with a complete openness of consciousness to It. Does that mean, if we are indulging some sin or sickness or hate, envy, or jealousy, and we cannot humanly stop it, that we are ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...The Prayer of Understanding.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:44- 128K
Find Similar Documents
The World Is New: Chapter 12, Spiritual Freedom
- ~ 12 ~ SPIRITUAL FREEDOM THE SPIRITUAL WAY OF LIFE leads to spiritual freedom, which is a quality or condition of being that comes as the result of the attainment of Truth Itself. In the material sense of life, the world is in bondage-in bondage to hundreds of different thoughts and things. There is no denying this, although metaphysicians are very likely to claim that there is no bondage in God. That, of course, is true. There is no bondage in God, but it is also true that if you were living in God, you would not find it necessary to read a book on this subject. It is only because you and I have not yet reached the life which is God that we are interested in the way to achieve it. The term "way" has a long and interesting history. Jesus said, "I am the way." 1 Lao-Tzu's teaching six hundred years before the time of Jesus was called "The Way." The way refers to that spiritual path that gives us freedom, but the very use of the word freedom implies a freedom from some form of bondage. In reality, there is no freedom in Spirit or Soul because there is nothing to be free of: There is only divine Being. It is not easy for anyone to understand or even to explain the subject of spiritual freedom. In fact, it might be possible to grasp the Einstein theory more easily because this requires the developing of the human mind to the degree of grasping and understanding higher mathematics. No one, however, can ever develop his thinking human mind or intellect to the point where he will be able to understand Spirit and spiritual activity. There is a Power greater than any of the powers with which we are familiar in the human sense of life, a Power that we can never see, never hear, taste, touch or smell. It is a Power that we can discern only with our spiritual senses, and if we cannot be lifted up to the point of spiritual discernment, we shall never know the meaning of spiritual freedom. We are, therefore, touching this subject from the standpoint of opening our consciousness ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...apter 12, Spiritual Freedom.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:44- 119K
Find Similar Documents
The World Is New: Chapter 19, God - the Omnipresent Reality
- ~ 19 ~ GOD, THE OMNIPRESENT REALITY FREEDOM OF HEALTH IN CHRIST and freedom of supply in Christ are entirely different from freedom in the body and freedom in the purse, and yet health in Christ manifests itself as physical freedom, just as freedom of supply in Christ manifests itself as an abundant purse. We lose all sense of tension when we realize that our health, wealth and happiness are not in these forms, but that our freedom is of the Christ as we open our consciousness to Its inflow: Christ is imparting Itself eternally as my consciousness and I am receptive to Its consciousness which is the embodiment of all that is. All that is, is good, and since God made all that was made, I am the very embodiment of that good. I am the state of receptivity as which that infinite Being is expressing Itself. As individual consciousness, I am responsive only to the Christ, and nothing can enter that consciousness to defile or make it a lie. There is only one Consciousness, God, and that is my individual consciousness now. As we meditate on this truth of receptivity to the Christ, we shall find that all the Christ is pours Itself forth as our individual consciousness. "And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was." 1 It makes no difference whether it is a truth- message, whether it is selling or buying, manufacturing or farming. The thing that counts is that what we are doing is animated by the Spirit and carries with it the life and vitality of the Soul. If what we are doing carries with it this spiritual spark, it will prosper, it will succeed, it will make glad, it will make happy, it will satisfy and it will be of good report. Spirit always satisfies. Spirit always fulfills Itself; Spirit always completes Itself in success. The important point is not what work we are doing, but whether we are doing it from our own limited sense of self or whether there is a Spirit permeating the activity and carrying it ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...d - the Omnipresent Reality.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:46- 126K
Find Similar Documents
The World Is New: Chapter 1, Creative Meditation
- ... Everyone in the human world is faced with the belief of a physical body as well as with the belief of the need for material supply, and right now we are all being faced with the fear of atomic bombs and rumors of war. In the human picture, there is no way to avoid these experiences or to rise above them. There is only one way to find safety and security, and that is the spiritual way, the way whereby the Christ becomes the reality of our being. When we begin to look out from the standpoint of God, then we are living the Christ-way and fulfilling the greatest law ever revealed by Christ Jesus, the law of forgiveness, which is possible only as we live in obedience to the two great Commandments: "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. . . . And . . . thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself." 3 That neighbor is every human being on earth, every animal, and every plant, but there is no way in which we can love them while holding them in condemnation. We must see and understand that God is the life, Soul, and mind, not only of our friends but of our so-called enemies. In that way, we eliminate all enemies. The answer to enemies or enmity of every form, whether appearing as man, sin, disease, or lack, is found in Jesus' reply to Pilate: "Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above." 4 The law of forgiveness, that is, the ability to see God as the mind, the life, and Soul of enemies as well as of friends, is the real law of demonstration. Not only in the Old Testament, but throughout the teachings of Jesus, the first Commandment is recognized as the secret of life-only one God, only one Life, the Life of every one of us, enemy or friend. God is the only mind, and therefore God must be the mind even of those we call enemies-only one God, only one creation, and all spiritual. As long as our consciousness is filled with this oneness-one God, one creation, all one-our ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter 1, Creative Meditation.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:42- 112K
Find Similar Documents
The World Is New: Chapter 18, God, Omnipresent and the Only Power
- ~ 18 ~ GOD, OMNIPRESENT AND THE ONLY POWER MOST PEOPLE COME TO A STUDY OF TRUTH seeking release from the cares and the ills of the world, and for a while it is a very satisfying experience to know that all manner of problems can be met through spiritual power by means of prayer. To receive healings, especially if materia medica has declared the disease to be serious or fatal, is a never-to-be-forgotten experience by those who have had them. I know what this means because, after the First World War, I was told that I had less than three months to live. There was no known cure for my trouble and there was nothing that materia medica could do to save me. As a matter of fact, in all the years that have passed since then no cure has been found for that particular disease. Nevertheless, in spite of this verdict, in three months I was so completely healed that there has never been a sign or trace of the trouble in all the years since 1921. I have had many other healings through the Spirit and I have witnessed thousands of healings-true, many of them minor claims, but also some very major ones according to materia medica. Undoubtedly, many of you have had similar experiences with disease or with sin. It was in 1928 as I was sitting with a practitioner that all my smoking, drinking and card-playing habits disappeared. These were not great vices, but nevertheless they were errors according to the spiritual way of living, yet they all disappeared in that one two-hour experience, never to return. Not only did a healing of smoking, drinking, card playing and a few other minor human errors take place, but illumination came-a lifting of consciousness above what we might call the earth plane, and never in all the years that have gone by since that time have I completely come down to earth again. This does not mean that there have not been many problems during that time-many. But I have learned that all of them were a part of my own development. As the years unfolded, there came a ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ipresent and the Only Power.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:46- 129K
Find Similar Documents
The World Is New: Chapter 2, Unfolding the Healing Consciousness
- ~ 2 ~ UNFOLDING THE HEALING CONSCIOUSNESS WHEN JOHN WAS IN PRISON, he sent word to Jesus, "Art thou he that should come, or do we look for another?" 1 In other words, he was asking, "Is this the promised Messiah?" Jesus did not answer him by saying that he had been authorized or ordained or that he had received a license to be a rabbi. He said, "Go and shew John again those things which ye do hear and see: The blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the poor have the gospel preached to them." 2 The work of healing through the Spirit, however, is never the healing of a body or of any physical condition, even though it appears as the healing of the problems of human existence. That is the result, but it is not the work. The real work is the spiritualizing of consciousness and of thought, and the opening of consciousness to the receptivity of God. The Infinite Way does not teach that there are no human problems: it teaches that in the presence of God there are no problems, and so when we stand in the conscious awareness of the presence of God, there is no poverty, sin, disease, or death to overcome. One of the greatest of all Jesus' statements is, "Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." 3 The kingdom of God-the realm of God-is consciousness. The spiritual atmosphere of God is the Kingdom, and when we are in the spiritual atmosphere of God, all the harmonies of heaven and of earth are added unto us. There are many approaches to the subject and practice of healing work, but I can speak only of that which has revealed itself to me, which is that healing is accomplished entirely through silence. Treatments, oral explanations, and the written word are merely little ladders which we use to climb up to the point of silence. Sometimes they are necessary; more often they are not. After one has been in this work for a while, it is almost ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...g the Healing Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:42- 115K
Find Similar Documents
The World Is New: Chapter 11, Spiritual Living
- ~ 11 ~ SPIRITUAL LIVING SPIRITUAL LIVING is not a way of life that will separate us from our present experience, nor will it take us out of our present activity except as we progress. True, it may lift us up into the practice of spiritual healing, or into teaching and lecturing on spiritual subjects, but it will not necessarily remove us from our present life-experience. It will merely enhance the beauties and increase the safety and security of the life we are now living. Jesus taught-and it is on his teaching that The Infinite Way is based-that we are not to leave this world, that we are to be in the world but not of it. We are to be in the world and enjoy liberty, freedom, happiness, contentment, peace, joy, and dominion. He did not say anything about going out into the wilderness and becoming an ascetic; he did not teach going apart from the world and living in the universe removed from the problems of everyday life. Rather, he increased the very loaves and fishes that the people were accustomed to eating. He brought forth gold from the fish's mouth, the same gold that was used as currency in those days. So is it with the spiritual way of living. It is not meant that we should live in poverty, but rather that we should live in infinite abundance without any limitations except the limit of our own ability to accept that abundance. There is no sin in money or in wealth: the sin is in the love or hate of it. It is right for us to be abundantly supplied, but in the spiritual way of living, the concept of wealth must be changed from the material to the spiritual. Suppose we assume that our income comes from our work. The spiritual way of life does not interfere with our income, whether from work, investments, or marriage; but it does prevent our believing that such a source is really the source of the supply. It may be the avenue of supply to us, but not the source. In the spiritual way of living, our reliance is not on the money, the job, the investment, or the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 11, Spiritual Living.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:45- 105K
Find Similar Documents
The World Is New: Chapter 17, Wholeness of Spirit
- ~ 17 ~ WHOLENESS OF SPIRIT IF THE UNIVERSALITY OF THE CHRIST were understood, one church would never be judged as better than another or as nearer the kingdom of God, nor would anyone think that belonging to a certain group, sect or organization in some way entitled him to benefits of God which others could not enjoy. To an enlightened state of consciousness, that is nonsensical. The Christ is as available to sinner as to saint. He "sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust." 1 The Master exemplified this teaching by his willingness to heal the woman taken in adultery and the boy born blind. In no wise, did the Master distinguish between saint and sinner, except to caution the sinner to "sin no more." 2 The Master's teaching does not encourage anyone to sin. It merely reveals that the Christ is ready and omnipresent to lift us out of wherever we may be, whether in sin, in disease, in lack, or in prison. And the activity of the Christ which can lift us out of these conditions would so change our consciousness that never again could we return to that same state of sin or disease, lack, or limitation, or a life of crime. Once a person has received the benefits of God, that which caused him to sin should have been eliminated. Understanding the manner in which the Christ acts to transform consciousness and therefore our experience, calls for quite a different capacity than being able to grasp the value of thousands of dollars worth of property or investments, or to be aware that we have a healthy body and are able to enjoy it. A recognition of the Christ requires a different state of consciousness because here we are dealing with that which is invisible and intangible to the finite material, human sense, what Job referred to when he said, "He . . . hangeth the earth upon nothing." 3 A doctor can easily understand how he can remove a pimple or a growth, and he knows of course what medical steps are necessary to remove infection from the blood. But it is a very difficult ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter 17, Wholeness of Spirit.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:46- 101K
Find Similar Documents
The World Is New: Chapter 6, Be a Beholder
- ~ 6 ~ BE A BEHOLDER WE WERE NOT BORN INTO THIS WORLD just to do healing work, any more than Jesus came to earth to cure people's ills or raise them from the dead. Lazarus, even though raised from the dead, passed on some time later and probably only a change in the date on his tombstone was involved. The more clearly we can perceive the unreal nature of any form of error and understand that what appears to us as error in any form is not error at all, that there is not really either a sin or a disease that has to be overcome, but that both sin and disease exist only as illusory experience or mental beliefs, the closer we shall come to being free of them and attaining spiritual consciousness, which is of course far more important than the healing work which we are doing in this age and at this period of our unfoldment. It was in 1928 that I lost all desire for the things of the earth in the sense of their having any attraction for me or making any demands upon me. Good music, good friends, good books, and good food still give me pleasure, but these are no longer a necessary part of my experience. I have learned to be in the world but not of it, to enjoy the good things of this world, but not to miss them when they are not a part of my experience. I have become aware of something in people with which I can commune and tabernacle. It makes no difference what their educational, financial, or social background is, I can enjoy mental or spiritual companionship with them. There is nothing of any nature they have that I desire or want or would go out of my way to get. I cannot be too happy when they are with me or too sad when they are away from me. We are just good friends at all times because I have touched a place in their consciousness which makes this possible, and therefore I know them more or less as they really are. I can love everyone on this earth. In fact, I had a very hard time hating Adolph Hider-it was not easy for me to hold harsh feelings even toward him. ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...w_ Chapter 6, Be a Beholder.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:44- 124K
Find Similar Documents