The World Is New: Chapter 4, Conscious Oneness
- Therefore, the only way I can ever really know you is through spiritual consciousness. That is the real sense of communion, and that is where healing takes place-not in calling a person either a human being or a divine idea, but in reaching through the appearance to the reality. When through spiritual sense we have contacted the reality of a person, we find that God is all the reality there is to him. God, the universal Good, is his individual life, mind, and Soul. Beginning with God then, we come down to Its individualization and find it to be you and me. It is a great temptation, however, to look at people as human beings and find something in them that needs changing, altering, or improving. Oftentimes we become self-righteous when we find someone doing something we think is wrong and piously state, "I can forgive him." This is all part of the human picture and will heal nothing. But when we know that every person is the individualization of God, we can then apply the great law of forgiveness which is not sitting in judgment on a person, first finding him to be wrong and then deciding to be magnanimous and forgive him for being wrong. True forgiveness lies in closing our eyes and in going within to the spiritual sense of things, and there touching the reality of that individual and finding that all reality is God, and that there never has been a sin, a mistake, or anything to overcome. Even if we could correct the sins and faults of our friends or loved ones-and did-we still would not have accomplished much in a spiritual way. But when we blot out the picture of all humanhood, the good as well as the bad, and come close to the center of being, close to God, we find that sooner or later that friend or relative is no longer the erring individual he seems to be. In healing work, we have what appears to be a patient, a practitioner, and God. According to the popularly accepted idea, the patient goes to a practitioner, and the practitioner goes to God, and then God ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 4, Conscious Oneness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:43- 99K
Find Similar Documents
The World Is New: Chapter 2, Unfolding the Healing Consciousness
- ~ 2 ~ UNFOLDING THE HEALING CONSCIOUSNESS WHEN JOHN WAS IN PRISON, he sent word to Jesus, "Art thou he that should come, or do we look for another?" 1 In other words, he was asking, "Is this the promised Messiah?" Jesus did not answer him by saying that he had been authorized or ordained or that he had received a license to be a rabbi. He said, "Go and shew John again those things which ye do hear and see: The blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the poor have the gospel preached to them." 2 The work of healing through the Spirit, however, is never the healing of a body or of any physical condition, even though it appears as the healing of the problems of human existence. That is the result, but it is not the work. The real work is the spiritualizing of consciousness and of thought, and the opening of consciousness to the receptivity of God. The Infinite Way does not teach that there are no human problems: it teaches that in the presence of God there are no problems, and so when we stand in the conscious awareness of the presence of God, there is no poverty, sin, disease, or death to overcome. One of the greatest of all Jesus' statements is, "Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." 3 The kingdom of God-the realm of God-is consciousness. The spiritual atmosphere of God is the Kingdom, and when we are in the spiritual atmosphere of God, all the harmonies of heaven and of earth are added unto us. There are many approaches to the subject and practice of healing work, but I can speak only of that which has revealed itself to me, which is that healing is accomplished entirely through silence. Treatments, oral explanations, and the written word are merely little ladders which we use to climb up to the point of silence. Sometimes they are necessary; more often they are not. After one has been in this work for a while, it is almost ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...g the Healing Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:42- 115K
Find Similar Documents
The World Is New: Chapter 18, God, Omnipresent and the Only Power
- ~ 18 ~ GOD, OMNIPRESENT AND THE ONLY POWER MOST PEOPLE COME TO A STUDY OF TRUTH seeking release from the cares and the ills of the world, and for a while it is a very satisfying experience to know that all manner of problems can be met through spiritual power by means of prayer. To receive healings, especially if materia medica has declared the disease to be serious or fatal, is a never-to-be-forgotten experience by those who have had them. I know what this means because, after the First World War, I was told that I had less than three months to live. There was no known cure for my trouble and there was nothing that materia medica could do to save me. As a matter of fact, in all the years that have passed since then no cure has been found for that particular disease. Nevertheless, in spite of this verdict, in three months I was so completely healed that there has never been a sign or trace of the trouble in all the years since 1921. I have had many other healings through the Spirit and I have witnessed thousands of healings-true, many of them minor claims, but also some very major ones according to materia medica. Undoubtedly, many of you have had similar experiences with disease or with sin. It was in 1928 as I was sitting with a practitioner that all my smoking, drinking and card-playing habits disappeared. These were not great vices, but nevertheless they were errors according to the spiritual way of living, yet they all disappeared in that one two-hour experience, never to return. Not only did a healing of smoking, drinking, card playing and a few other minor human errors take place, but illumination came-a lifting of consciousness above what we might call the earth plane, and never in all the years that have gone by since that time have I completely come down to earth again. This does not mean that there have not been many problems during that time-many. But I have learned that all of them were a part of my own development. As the years unfolded, there came a ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ipresent and the Only Power.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:46- 129K
Find Similar Documents
The World Is New: Chapter 7, Make Life an Adventure
- ~ 7 ~ MAKE LIFE AN ADVENTURE IF THERE IS NO CHANGE in our consciousness today, there will be no change in our outer experience tomorrow. In proportion as some change takes place in our consciousness, in that proportion is there an improvement in our outer affairs- either in health, personal relationships, or supply. If we maintain truth actively in consciousness, it would be as impossible for us to be in the same place today that we were a week ago as it would be to toss raisins into bread dough and not have raisin bread. That which goes into consciousness must come forth as manifestation. That which becomes a part of consciousness as truth must appear as manifestation. There is no such thing as truth and manifestation: Truth itself appears as manifestation. Spirit is not something separate and apart from the forms it assumes. Spirit is the substance, and the form is Its manifestation. Therefore, if truth appears in, or as, our consciousness, if truth appears in, or as, the Spirit of our being, it must also appear as manifested form. All improved states of consciousness must appear as improved experience, but unless we consciously make the decision to act and live in a higher way and on a higher level, we are not going to have the manifestation on a higher level. Just as we have learned not to believe in an evil law or an evil power, so we cannot sit back passively and believe that there is a God or a law that is going to do something good in us, through us, for us, or to us. There is no such thing as a law that acts upon us except as we give it power through our belief in it. We can accept any belief and thereby make it a law unto ourselves. There is no power in the stars to act upon us, but it is possible for us to make a god of anything. We can pick up a piece of metal or a penny and call it a good-luck charm, and in the measure of our faith derive some benefit from it, but that is not the law of God, and it is not permanent. There is no law of evil or of good ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...r 7, Make Life an Adventure.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:44- 103K
Find Similar Documents
The World Is New: Chapter 8, Tithing
- ~ 8 ~ TITHING SOONER OR LATER, we all have to learn the meaning and importance of tithing because this practice carries us to our highest sense of gratitude, and gratitude is one facet of the vast subject of love. Tithing is usually understood to mean that if ten per cent of our income is given to some charitable or spiritual purpose, we will in some mysterious way have pleased God and so will be rewarded. Personally, I think that this teaching is entirely incorrect. There is no virtue in giving when there is any sense of a future tense connected with it. If our giving, whether in contributions to a charity, a church, or to a teacher, carries with it any thought that we will receive some benefit from it, it is best not to give. Giving should always be from the standpoint of gratitude for that which already is-health, wealth, happiness, and peace. We cannot get health and we cannot get wealth, we cannot get happiness, we cannot get peace. Those things were established from the beginning. They are a part of the divine Consciousness, and they will unfold as our individual consciousness in proportion to our turning within for that unfoldment, and in proportion to our devotion to the spiritual sense of life. It is perhaps true that many of us are not yet at that point of consciousness where we are able to realize our oneness with God sufficiently to receive a spiritual message without mediation. And yet God needs no mediator. Because of our oneness with God, truth can reveal itself in our consciousness without any person talking to us or without our reading a book; but inasmuch as we have not reached that state of communion and conscious oneness, truth interprets itself to human consciousness as a book, a church, or a teacher, until the time comes when our conscious oneness with God enables us to accept truth without any human means. God knows nothing about human teachers or teachings, or human places of worship. If God had made our churches, none of them would ever have ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Is New_ Chapter 8, Tithing.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:44- 89K
Find Similar Documents
The World Is New: Chapter 19, God - the Omnipresent Reality
- ~ 19 ~ GOD, THE OMNIPRESENT REALITY FREEDOM OF HEALTH IN CHRIST and freedom of supply in Christ are entirely different from freedom in the body and freedom in the purse, and yet health in Christ manifests itself as physical freedom, just as freedom of supply in Christ manifests itself as an abundant purse. We lose all sense of tension when we realize that our health, wealth and happiness are not in these forms, but that our freedom is of the Christ as we open our consciousness to Its inflow: Christ is imparting Itself eternally as my consciousness and I am receptive to Its consciousness which is the embodiment of all that is. All that is, is good, and since God made all that was made, I am the very embodiment of that good. I am the state of receptivity as which that infinite Being is expressing Itself. As individual consciousness, I am responsive only to the Christ, and nothing can enter that consciousness to defile or make it a lie. There is only one Consciousness, God, and that is my individual consciousness now. As we meditate on this truth of receptivity to the Christ, we shall find that all the Christ is pours Itself forth as our individual consciousness. "And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was." 1 It makes no difference whether it is a truth- message, whether it is selling or buying, manufacturing or farming. The thing that counts is that what we are doing is animated by the Spirit and carries with it the life and vitality of the Soul. If what we are doing carries with it this spiritual spark, it will prosper, it will succeed, it will make glad, it will make happy, it will satisfy and it will be of good report. Spirit always satisfies. Spirit always fulfills Itself; Spirit always completes Itself in success. The important point is not what work we are doing, but whether we are doing it from our own limited sense of self or whether there is a Spirit permeating the activity and carrying it ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...d - the Omnipresent Reality.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:46- 126K
Find Similar Documents
The World Is New: Chapter 12, Spiritual Freedom
- ~ 12 ~ SPIRITUAL FREEDOM THE SPIRITUAL WAY OF LIFE leads to spiritual freedom, which is a quality or condition of being that comes as the result of the attainment of Truth Itself. In the material sense of life, the world is in bondage-in bondage to hundreds of different thoughts and things. There is no denying this, although metaphysicians are very likely to claim that there is no bondage in God. That, of course, is true. There is no bondage in God, but it is also true that if you were living in God, you would not find it necessary to read a book on this subject. It is only because you and I have not yet reached the life which is God that we are interested in the way to achieve it. The term "way" has a long and interesting history. Jesus said, "I am the way." 1 Lao-Tzu's teaching six hundred years before the time of Jesus was called "The Way." The way refers to that spiritual path that gives us freedom, but the very use of the word freedom implies a freedom from some form of bondage. In reality, there is no freedom in Spirit or Soul because there is nothing to be free of: There is only divine Being. It is not easy for anyone to understand or even to explain the subject of spiritual freedom. In fact, it might be possible to grasp the Einstein theory more easily because this requires the developing of the human mind to the degree of grasping and understanding higher mathematics. No one, however, can ever develop his thinking human mind or intellect to the point where he will be able to understand Spirit and spiritual activity. There is a Power greater than any of the powers with which we are familiar in the human sense of life, a Power that we can never see, never hear, taste, touch or smell. It is a Power that we can discern only with our spiritual senses, and if we cannot be lifted up to the point of spiritual discernment, we shall never know the meaning of spiritual freedom. We are, therefore, touching this subject from the standpoint of opening our consciousness ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...apter 12, Spiritual Freedom.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:44- 119K
Find Similar Documents
The World Is New: Chapter 13, Solving Individual Problems
- ~ 13 ~ SOLVING INDIVIDUAL PROBLEMS WITHOUT A KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING of God, there is no spiritual message, there is no spiritual mission, and there is no spiritual life. Throughout the ages, the worship of God as something or someone far-off and the worship of a God who must be appealed to, petitioned, or told our needs has prevented us from experiencing the presence and power of God. Today, we have made a real advance spiritually because we are beginning to understand that God is divine consciousness, life eternal, and even more than this, that God is the life and the consciousness of individual you and me. God is not only principle, Soul, or consciousness, but the consciousness and Soul of each and every one of us, the very Spirit, animating principle, and law of our being. Unless a person clearly perceives the truth of Jesus' statement, "I and my Father are one," 1 he will not understand why and how it is that all that the Father has is his. The longer we perpetuate God as something separate and apart from ourselves, the longer will we be seeking to get our allness from a God somewhere outside of us. In proportion, however, as we realize that God is closer to us than breathing, and that Jesus knew what he was talking about when he said, "The kingdom of God is within you 2 . . . I and my Father are one 3 . . . Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine," 4 will we understand that all that the Father has is ours. In that realization, we are able to give up fear. We all know the terrors of fear, so it is natural to ask, "How can I lose fear? How can I give up my fear?" There is only one way, and that is to know God as the very reality of our being. If we know God to be our life, how then can we fear for our life, for our supply, or for our security? It is our realization of our oneness with God which constitutes our safety and security, our health, longevity, immortality and eternality. In no way can we overcome fear as long as we believe that we ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Solving Individual Problems.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:45- 117K
Find Similar Documents
The World Is New: Chapter 1, Creative Meditation
- ... Everyone in the human world is faced with the belief of a physical body as well as with the belief of the need for material supply, and right now we are all being faced with the fear of atomic bombs and rumors of war. In the human picture, there is no way to avoid these experiences or to rise above them. There is only one way to find safety and security, and that is the spiritual way, the way whereby the Christ becomes the reality of our being. When we begin to look out from the standpoint of God, then we are living the Christ-way and fulfilling the greatest law ever revealed by Christ Jesus, the law of forgiveness, which is possible only as we live in obedience to the two great Commandments: "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. . . . And . . . thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself." 3 That neighbor is every human being on earth, every animal, and every plant, but there is no way in which we can love them while holding them in condemnation. We must see and understand that God is the life, Soul, and mind, not only of our friends but of our so-called enemies. In that way, we eliminate all enemies. The answer to enemies or enmity of every form, whether appearing as man, sin, disease, or lack, is found in Jesus' reply to Pilate: "Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above." 4 The law of forgiveness, that is, the ability to see God as the mind, the life, and Soul of enemies as well as of friends, is the real law of demonstration. Not only in the Old Testament, but throughout the teachings of Jesus, the first Commandment is recognized as the secret of life-only one God, only one Life, the Life of every one of us, enemy or friend. God is the only mind, and therefore God must be the mind even of those we call enemies-only one God, only one creation, and all spiritual. As long as our consciousness is filled with this oneness-one God, one creation, all one-our ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter 1, Creative Meditation.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:42- 112K
Find Similar Documents
The World Is New: Chapter 10, The Prayer of Understanding
- ... God is infinite intelligence, and we are one with God in proportion as we open our consciousness to be led by that infinite intelligence-"not my will, but thine, be done." 14 If I have made it clear only in a tiny measure-a measure as small as a grain of dust-that our concept of God must be changed and that we individually have to begin the work of conscious at-one-ment, my whole life will have fulfilled itself. To catch a really higher concept of God than I have now, so that I can feel just a bit closer to this almighty Spirit which is the reality of my being, is the great purpose of life. I know It will use Itself through me for some good end, but I also know right well that I cannot go out on street corners and preach this. I feel very, very fortunate if the few who are drawn to me can catch one little glimpse of what I am trying to say, and if in them I can bring to life a little bit of the Spirit that will speak to them in these words, "Change your idea of prayer; do a little higher praying and have a little higher concept of God than to believe that He began a war or that He is ever going to end one or that He is ever going to forgive anyone his sins while he is still in his sins." Forgiveness is accomplished only by the forsaking of the sin. There is no other way. It is no more possible to be forgiven while indulging in the sin than it is to continue believing that 3 x 3 is 8 or that 4 x 4 is 19 and expect the principle of mathematics to take the gentle and forgiving attitude, "Well, after all, you are a charitable soul, so we will give you the correct answer." It is not done-not in mathematics, not in music, not in painting, art, sculpture, or writing. Those who turn to science and the arts must turn to them fully open to their principles. Those who turn to God must turn to God with a complete openness of consciousness to It. Does that mean, if we are indulging some sin or sickness or hate, envy, or jealousy, and we cannot humanly stop it, that we are ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...The Prayer of Understanding.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:44- 128K
Find Similar Documents