Invisible Supply: Chapter 4, Overcoming Our Sense of Separation from God
- ... It has no more power to discriminate saint from sinner than the law of gravity can discriminate a one-dollar object from a thousand-dollar object. However, one cannot violate the law of God without producing discords-not because God withholds His Grace or because He is punishing the sinner, but because by violating the law of God we withhold ourselves from Grace. "Though your sins be scarlet, you are white as snow." The Master said to the thief on the cross, "I will take you into Paradise with me tonight." That was not a very long punishment for the crime, was it? Mary Magdalene's sins were forgiven as soon as she repented and indicated that her sins were behind her. Throughout the New Testament you will not find that Jesus ever held anyone in bondage for sinning. "Neither do I condemn thee. Go and sin no more lest a worse thing come upon you." Worse things befall you, not through God's punishing you, but because you reap what you sow. If you condemn yourself for a past fault-a sin of omission or commission- and believe that you are being punished for it, realize that the nature of God is Love and Forgiveness. God's memory of your sins is short. You are the only one bringing your past offenses to your consciousness. You cannot live yesterday. There are no yesterdays in your experience except the yesterdays you carry over in your memory. God is not doing it. You are. God Cannot Be Deceived Always remember that the Spirit is closer to you than breathing. You can't deceive It because It is your self, It is your intelligence, It is your wisdom, It is the very guiding instinct of your being. Therefore, you cannot steal something and think God will not see you. God is right at the center of your being, and the moment you violate a spiritual principle, you are out of tune with It. Acknowledge the Presence of God Many people near death or suffering from disease believe that in some way they have become separated from God. Then they struggle and strive to find God. That is ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ense of Separation from God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:39- 116K
Find Similar Documents
Invisible Supply: Chapter 5, The Fruitage of Knowing God Aright
- ... In the moment we are enfolded in His love, His love permeates our being. His love is the central theme of our being. His love is our life, and the nature of love is forgiveness. Who loves and holds in condemnation? Who loves and holds a memory of something to be forgiven? In the heart of the lover there is no condemnation; there is compassion. There is no condemnation from parent to child, no condemnation from lover to beloved. There is no condemnation wherever there is love. We do not hold those we love in condemnation. God's love is all-inclusive and takes under its wing all of being, your being and mine, saint and sinner alike. Until you understand that this is the nature of God, you cannot know Him aright. On one wall of every Christian Science church is a sign that states, "Divine Love always has met and always will meet every human need." As I sat in a Christian Science church one evening, I looked around at all the people I knew there and thought, "It isn't so! I know too many who have waited years for that Divine Love to meet their needs, and it just has not happened." Then I pondered on Mrs. Eddy's reasons for choosing those words, because she must have had a special reason. As I pondered, it suddenly dawned on me that Mrs. Eddy was right but that the people had not interpreted the words correctly. Divine Love is not something in outer space; Divine Love is inside. Therefore, it is the Divine Love that we express that meets our human needs. Unless we are expressing an impersonal, impartial, universal love, there is no love meeting our needs. That evening I saw that there is no Divine Love out there somewhere; God is not out there somewhere meeting our needs. God and His Divine Love are within us; but as long as we are not expressing it, it cannot meet our human needs. Divine Love constitutes forgiveness, charity, benevolence, kindness, cooperation, sharing. All of these, and any others you can possibly think of, constitute Divine Love. If we do not express ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...itage of Knowing God Aright.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:39- 98K
Find Similar Documents
Invisible Supply: Chapter 6, The Armor of Oneness
- CHAPTER 6 THE ARMOR OF ONENESS The foundation of all Truth teachings-whether it is Christian Science, Unity, New Thought, or The Infinite Way-is that we live and move and have our being in God. All of them agree on that point. Some orthodox traditions may teach that we will live in God at some future time, but Truth movements agree that now we are the children of God, now we are in the secret place of the Most High, now we live and move and have our being in God. But Truth teachings (whether organized or unorganized) cannot make us live as if we were living and moving and having our being in God; they can do something for us only in the proportion that we permit it. I would like to tell you about a minister and his wife, both of them very serious Truth students, whom I met in London. In World War II during the German blitz of London, those who could were building bomb shelters in their gardens. But these two people had dedicated their lives to the understanding that they lived in God and that their lives took place in the secret place of the Most High; therefore, how could any form of discord or inharmony come nigh their dwelling place? They decided to have nothing to do with bomb shelters, but to serve as fire wardens in their neighborhood during actual bombings. Their neighborhood, situated between the largest London airport and a major railway, was constantly bombarded. Not a single night went by that their section of the city was not bombed. The airport and railway were often severely damaged and each time had to be repaired so that the railroad and air force could resume operations. The bomb shelter of one of their neighbors received a direct hit, and the whole family was wiped out. Through out this entire time, the minister and his wife were never even scratched and not a window of their home was blown out! To human sense, this was indeed one of the miracles of the war. But to this couple, it was the most natural thing in the world because they lived in God ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter 6, The Armor of Oneness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:39- 101K
Find Similar Documents
Invisible Supply: Chapter 3, The Principle of Contemplative Meditation
- CHAPTER 3 THE PRINCIPLE OF CONTEMPLATIVE MEDITATION Most religious teachings tell us that the Spirit of the Lord is everywhere. If that were true, everybody would be free, healthy, wealthy, independent, joyous, and harmonious, and there would be no slavery, bondage, lack, or limitation. But that is not the condition of the world, so that teaching cannot be true. It is like saying that electricity is everywhere. However, until it is connected to your particular use, it does you no good. So it is with the Spirit of the Lord. In an absolute spiritual sense, the Spirit of the Lord is everywhere; but if you do not realize God, if you do not make contact with God, if you do not feel the actual presence of God, then as far as you are concerned, it is not there. The Infinite Way principle is that the Spirit of the Lord is only where it is realized. God-Realization The whole secret lies in the word consciousness. If you are conscious of the presence of the Lord, if you are conscious of the activity of God, then it is so unto you. To develop this consciousness we meditate or reach out to practitioners for help. Until we ourselves have realized the Spirit of the Lord, we turn to a practitioner who has the capacity (either inborn or developed) to realize God. If you can contact the consciousness of a Jesus Christ or of a John or of a Paul, your troubles are over and harmony is instantly restored to you because you have touched the consciousness of one who has attained God-realization. It makes no difference whether the practitioner is an Infinite Way student, a Christian Science student, or a Unity student as long as the practitioner is of a realized God- consciousness. On the other hand, if the practitioner is not of realized God- consciousness, regardless of what teaching he or she follows, you will get no benefit except possibly a little human comfort. You will have no demonstration of health, harmony, wholeness, completeness, or perfection. The Infinite Way practitioner has ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...of Contemplative Meditation.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:38- 101K
Find Similar Documents
Invisible Supply: Chapter 10, Temporal Power is Not Power
- CHAPTER 10 TEMPORAL POWER IS NOT POWER To the transcendental consciousness, temporal power (whether it is of a physical nature or of a mental nature) is not power. The only power is the realized consciousness of the One Power and recognizing the nonpower of all else. When Hezekiah's people came to him and said, "The armies of the enemy are upon us and they are greater in number than we are," he replied, "Be not afraid! They have only temporal power, the arm of flesh. We have the Lord, God." The Master could say to Pilate, the great temporal power of that time, "Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from the Father." Take unto yourself the task of understanding what these two passages mean. Could you, right now, turn your face toward a hostile country and in your honest, open heart say, "You have no power over me," or, "You have only temporal power, the arm of flesh"? Could you say that and actually feel completely and perfectly safe? Of course not, and you will not be able to until you understand that temporal power is not power. To the degree that you attain a confidence and assurance in Omnipotence, you will know that temporal power is not power. The Principle of No-Power Some of you who have done healing work have achieved to some degree this transcendental consciousness. None of us has achieved the fullness of it, but everyone who has done spiritual healing work has been able to say to infection, contagion, or disease, "You have no power," and has seen them dissolve. Everyone who has been an instrument for healing has proven that in the Presence of God temporal power is not power. There is no power but the realization of God's Presence, and we have proved it in the knitting of fractured bones, in the healing of blindness and deafness. We have proved again and again that temporal power is not power. In the human world there are many temporal powers: those of disease, sin, money, politics, war, and so forth. If you pray in the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Temporal Power is Not Power.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:39- 131K
Find Similar Documents
Invisible Supply: Chapter 8, Three Principles of Healing
- CHAPTER 8 THREE PRINCIPLES OF HEALING There are three specific principles of The Infinite Way that we are to apply in meeting the problems of our everyday living. They also constitute the healing principles of The Infinite Way. Probably the most important principle in the message of The Infinite Way is that we never use God for any purpose. We never use God nor do we use Truth to overcome sin, disease, or death. On the contrary, in The Infinite Way we seek to become the instruments of Truth. We open ourselves so that we may be used by God, by Truth. In other words, we seek to become the instruments through which God may manifest Itself as our individual being and live Its life as us to guide, direct, govern, sustain, maintain, support, and supply. God Uses Us to Heal When we in our silence and stillness become in body and mind the instrument of God-the Infinite Love, the Infinite Wisdom, the Infinite Life-It can manifest Itself as us and perform Its functions through us. God or Truth can use us and can manifest Itself through us as healings if we have chosen the healing profession, as inventions if we are inventors, as music if we are composers, and so forth. Since God is Omniscience (Infinite Wisdom), all emanations are of God, whether they appear as engineering designs, scientific discoveries, literary works, or art works. Whatever form they take, they must be emanations of God since He is Infinite Wisdom and we are merely the instruments through which the Infinite Wisdom is manifested. Therefore our approach to life is not learning how to use Truth or God, but how to be so receptive and responsive to the Divine Impulse that Truth can use us. Life can flow through us as our life, and Wisdom can flow through us as our wisdom. But it is not ours; it is God's. God Is the Only Power Afflictions, discords, diseases, and inharmonies exist in the human experience because of our ignorance of the basic Truth that God alone is Power. It is a universal ignorance, which takes ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Three Principles of Healing.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:39- 102K
Find Similar Documents
Invisible Supply: Chapter 2, Secrecy, The Primal Mystical Principle
- ... If we keep our needs locked up secretly within ourselves, before long the fulfillment comes, because the Father within us, who sees in secret, rewards openly. Virtues Are Shouted from the Housetops As you hold "I and my Father are one" in sacredness and secrecy within yourself, remember that it also means that "I and my neighbor are one," because we are children of the same Father. We are branches of the same tree. We are united in the tree of life. When you abide in this within yourself, you will never have to voice it. It will be shouted from the housetops that love, compassion, helpfulness, mutuality, and cooperation govern your relationships with others. It is the same thing as being honest or moral. You do not have to tell anyone that you are honest or moral because, as Emerson tells us, "What you are shrieks so loudly I cannot hear what you say." Therefore, if there is integrity in us, let us not tell each other about it. Let the other person find it out. If there is mortality in us, let us not tell anyone about it; let them find out for themselves. If there is charity or forgiveness in us, let us not tell anyone about it. Let them find out about it. By our very secrecy, God will in some way make our character known to the world. We will never have to voice it, and we will have the benefit that accrues to us from holding within ourselves our secret good and our relationship with God. One of the evils of talking is that we "leak" our good. It is as if you had invented something and told everybody about it and by the time you applied for a patent, someone else would have already patented it. It is like the woman who waited months for the sales to buy a heavy winter coat with fur trimming at half price. When the coats were on sale, she immediately phoned her friends and relatives to tell them about it. When she went to the store, she found that the coats had all been sold. Our outer experience is the externalization of our state of consciousness. We do not have ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...e Primal Mystical Principle.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:38- 98K
Find Similar Documents
Invisible Supply: Chapter 1, The Principle of Supply
- ... Being grateful for the fish in the sea, the birds in the air, the cattle on a thousand hills, the trees that bloom, for all that we witness from waking until sleeping, for the fact that the principle of life is at work for us even while we are sleeping is to me the highest form of gratitude, because there is nothing personal in it. It is a sense of gratitude that the infinity of God is omnipresent for all of us to share. The fact that so few receive from this infinite abundance has nothing at all to do with God. There is no favoritism on the part of God. God does not give more to one than to another. God has no favorite children, no favorite race, no favorite nation, nor does God reward the virtuous and punish the sinful. It is difficult to accept the doctrine of God's rewarding the virtuous and punishing the sinful when one sees so many sweet, virtuous people suffering disease or lack while so many rascals abound in health and supply. Our supply is in direct proportion to our receptivity; that is, the degree of gratitude that we express, the degree of bread that we place upon the waters in the form of benevolence, forgiveness, praying for our enemies, and so forth demonstrates our receptivity, because then we are expressing the spiritual principle of supply. Tithing Years ago gratitude was expressed by tithing to the church, the source of spiritual food and spiritual comfort. The church was also often the only source of material help. When tithing was directed to the church from a sense of gratitude for its benevolence, it was a blessing to both the giver and the receiver. However, eventually some shrewd individuals figured out that by giving 10 percent they might get 90 percent in return, and tithing became a percentage deal. Because of this, tithing lost its effectiveness and eventually disappeared as a general custom, although it continued among the Mormons, the Quakers, and some minority groups. But, on the whole, tithing is no longer recognized, as it once ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... 1, The Principle of Supply.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:38- 115K
Find Similar Documents
Invisible Supply: Chapter 7, Practicing Spiritual Truth
- It must be buried deep in your consciousness and nurtured, fed, tended, cared for, and allowed to take root, to grow, to blossom, and to fulfill itself as fruitage that you can share. Do not look out the next day expecting to see a full-grown, fruit-bearing tree. Keep these gems of Truth locked up within yourself and witness how they develop and expand and come forth as fruitage. The seeds of Truth that we take within our consciousness, live with, and practice over and over are our gratitude to God or to each other, our benevolences, forgiveness of our enemies, and praying for them. When these seeds of Truth come to fruition-when the Truth has been demonstrated within us -then we can begin to share the fruitage. The Truth has become a power to heal, to increase supply, and so forth. We have the example of the Master who kept Truth locked up within Himself until the age of thirty. During that time He did not try to preach or teach or heal. He just pondered these Truths within Himself, ... All- Power is of God, and All-Power is good. Too often we want to share the Truth we have with others when we see them in their distress. We feel that what we have could be so important to them that we rush out and try to share it with them. But when you are so tempted, please remember this principle of secrecy. Remember that you may gain your neighbor's goodwill but you will forfeit Divine Grace. Keep Truth within yourself until it has come to fruitage. Do not give forth the Truth that you know, but give forth only the fruitage: forgiveness, prayers, tithes. The secret is to keep it within you until it is so clearly established in you that you can share it freely and liberally. Practice Truth in Every Activity The trend of one's life can be changed within a year by studying, practicing, and living spiritual Truth. Practitioners can heal us once, twice, three times, even ten times and can feed us both spiritually and physically. But if we ourselves do not rise sufficiently in ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Practicing Spiritual Truth.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:39- 96K
Find Similar Documents
Invisible Supply: Chapter 9, Principle of Treatment
- CHAPTER 9 PRINCIPLE OF TREATMENT To receive or give treatment, you must consciously know and apply the principles of Truth. In order to do this, you must first establish dominion over your mind and your body. Dominion over Mind and Body We identify ourselves as "I." There is an "I," Joel; an "I," Mary; an "I," Bill-an "I," whatever your name is. But "I" is neither your body nor your mind. Your body and your mind are not the "I" of your being. They are merely the instruments through which you perform your functions on earth. Your mind is the instrument through which the "I" of your being thinks, reasons, knows, and makes decisions and judgments. It is used for any purpose of awareness. Your body, on the other hand, is the physical instrument, which takes its orders from you (the "I") through your mind. For example, when I wish to raise my hand, "I," Joel, through my mind give that order to my hand and my hand obeys. "I" govern my mind, and my mind instructs my body. Therefore, "I" have dominion over both my mind and my body. But suppose I do not exercise that dominion, which was given to me by God in the very beginning? If "I" exerted no control over my mind but let it make its own judgments, or if "I" let my body control its own conduct, I would be in all kinds of trouble, as are those who have not learned to accept and exercise their dominion. Your mind and your body, as well as dominion over them, were given to you, and you must learn to exercise that dominion. When you sit in meditation, your mind does not wish to be still and come under control-not because it has a will of its own but because it is accustomed to doing what it wants if you have not been assuming dominion over it. The mind is much like some horses I have ridden, which did not acknowledge my control one bit! They just took me where they wanted to go because I did not know how to assume dominion over them, and so they had their way with me! So the mind has its own way with us unless we learn to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...r 9, Principle of Treatment.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:39- 100K
Find Similar Documents