The Altitude Of Prayer: Chapter 5, God Is Omnipotent
- ~ 5 ~ GOD IS OMNIPOTENT IF WE EVER HOPE to reach the height of prayer, a further preparatory step must be taken, without which there is no way to receive God or to remove the barrier that has heretofore separated us from the kingdom of God. That step is to know that God is the only power and that there is no more power in mind or thought than there is in matter, and we must know why. We can use the mind for good or we can use the mind for evil-it all depends upon our nature. We can use our thoughts to heal or to malpractice. We can use the power of mind to give a person his freedom or to dominate him and hold him in slavery. Look around the world and see if there are not some persons being held in religious ignorance and superstition. And are not whole nations being held in slavery through the mental power of false ideologies? Does not the advertising world in many cases use the power of mind and thought falsely and ignorantly to catch our unwary dollars? When we begin to see these things, then we can understand that mind and thought with their good and evil are not of God. Because they are not of God, they are not power. Only God, Spirit, is power, and besides Spirit there is no other power. All of us have probably given treatments and watched colds, flu, and dozens of other things dissolve just by knowing that there are no material powers. Now go further and release people from cancer, tuberculosis, and polio by knowing that the son of God is not held in any mental bondage, and that there is no superstition, fear, or ignorance to hold him in slavery. This universe is governed by law; Spirit is the only lawgiver; and the only law with real power is spiritual law. Thank You, Father, that You are Spirit and that Spirit is the only power. There are no powers on earth for You to destroy, for You to overcome, for You to remove. Your law alone is power, and Your law is a spiritual law governing all creation. I am not turning to You to destroy evil: I am turning to You in ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 5, God Is Omnipotent.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:25- 118K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Discernment: Chapter 4, Immortality Unveiled
- Chapter Four Immortality Unveiled It is not possible to enter into the Christ-consciousness while you are trying to change appearances. Evil becomes less operative in your life, however, as you rise to a place in consciousness where you recognize that God is Spirit, that Spirit alone is power, and that there is no power aside from Spirit-not that there is not a claim of material and mental power in the human world. But you cannot change that until you rise above the material and mental levels into the spiritual, and it is there that you will recognize the illusory nature of all so-called powers. Actually, it is impossible for an illusion to create any real thing. All it can create is a mental image in thought. The world is the temple of God. It is not an illusion even though some Oriental teachings claim it is. The illusion is in our sense of the world. But what has happened to those who have accepted this world as an illusion? "By their fruits ye shall know them."1 Has there been clearly identifiable fruitage? God never created an illusion, and God did create the world which to human sense is seen "through a glass darkly."2 If only it could be seen face to face, this very universe would be the temple of God, as your individual body would be. Your body is the temple of God, but you are seeing it through the universal belief in two powers, and the sooner you come to some measure of realization of one power, the sooner will your body begin to respond. As you learn this principle of the Infinite Way, you will disregard appearances, knowing that you are witnessing these appearances through the illusory sense of the belief in two powers. Impersonal Nature of Error Makes Healing Relatively Easy Infinite Way work is carried on entirely from the standpoint that all evil, regardless of its name or nature, is impersonal and has its source in a universal belief in two powers. It is for this reason that you never take the name of the patient or the disease into your treatment. ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter 4, Immortality Unveiled.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:14- 121K
Find Similar Documents
The Early Years: Chapter 11, Consciousness
- ~ 11 ~ CONSCIOUSNESS All that exists in the objectified realm is the creation or emanation of consciousness. Consciousness is the basic substance from which all manifestation issues forth. All that is, is the expression or formation of consciousness. It is consciousness that is the creative and governing principle of all forms and expressions, whether animate or inanimate, and which maintains and sustains its creation now and forever. We must learn to view life from this standpoint, and then we will not too highly value anything in the manifested or objectified universe, knowing as we do, that the power of manifestation and jurisdiction is not in the objectified realm, but in the consciousness which has objectified itself as the universe. "Destroy this temple, and in three days I (consciousness) will raise it up." 1 As there can be but one intelligence, one consciousness, it is your consciousness which is continually creating and re-creating your world, your experiences, your activity, your supply, and your environment. Your consciousness is the principle of your universe, and your universe is harmonious and successful in proportion to your realization of this truth. Conscious thought is not God, is not creator. Conscious thought is but the tool with which consciousness operates. "Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?" 2 Taking thought is not the way of consciousness. Affirmations and denials are in the realm of human thought and do not express Deity. Consciousness alone is God. However, it is made known to human sense through thought, but thought itself is not the actor. It is the activity through which we become aware of the action and its effects, which is creation. We must realize that our existence is the continuous and harmonious expression of spirit only in the degree that we learn to "be still," learn to "take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat; neither for the body, what ye shall put on." We must "consider the lilies" ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..._ Chapter 11, Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:44- 124K
Find Similar Documents
Invisible Supply: Chapter 10, Temporal Power is Not Power
- CHAPTER 10 TEMPORAL POWER IS NOT POWER To the transcendental consciousness, temporal power (whether it is of a physical nature or of a mental nature) is not power. The only power is the realized consciousness of the One Power and recognizing the nonpower of all else. When Hezekiah's people came to him and said, "The armies of the enemy are upon us and they are greater in number than we are," he replied, "Be not afraid! They have only temporal power, the arm of flesh. We have the Lord, God." The Master could say to Pilate, the great temporal power of that time, "Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from the Father." Take unto yourself the task of understanding what these two passages mean. Could you, right now, turn your face toward a hostile country and in your honest, open heart say, "You have no power over me," or, "You have only temporal power, the arm of flesh"? Could you say that and actually feel completely and perfectly safe? Of course not, and you will not be able to until you understand that temporal power is not power. To the degree that you attain a confidence and assurance in Omnipotence, you will know that temporal power is not power. The Principle of No-Power Some of you who have done healing work have achieved to some degree this transcendental consciousness. None of us has achieved the fullness of it, but everyone who has done spiritual healing work has been able to say to infection, contagion, or disease, "You have no power," and has seen them dissolve. Everyone who has been an instrument for healing has proven that in the Presence of God temporal power is not power. There is no power but the realization of God's Presence, and we have proved it in the knitting of fractured bones, in the healing of blindness and deafness. We have proved again and again that temporal power is not power. In the human world there are many temporal powers: those of disease, sin, money, politics, war, and so forth. If you pray in the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Temporal Power is Not Power.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:39- 131K
Find Similar Documents
The World Is New: Chapter 18, God, Omnipresent and the Only Power
- ~ 18 ~ GOD, OMNIPRESENT AND THE ONLY POWER MOST PEOPLE COME TO A STUDY OF TRUTH seeking release from the cares and the ills of the world, and for a while it is a very satisfying experience to know that all manner of problems can be met through spiritual power by means of prayer. To receive healings, especially if materia medica has declared the disease to be serious or fatal, is a never-to-be-forgotten experience by those who have had them. I know what this means because, after the First World War, I was told that I had less than three months to live. There was no known cure for my trouble and there was nothing that materia medica could do to save me. As a matter of fact, in all the years that have passed since then no cure has been found for that particular disease. Nevertheless, in spite of this verdict, in three months I was so completely healed that there has never been a sign or trace of the trouble in all the years since 1921. I have had many other healings through the Spirit and I have witnessed thousands of healings-true, many of them minor claims, but also some very major ones according to materia medica. Undoubtedly, many of you have had similar experiences with disease or with sin. It was in 1928 as I was sitting with a practitioner that all my smoking, drinking and card-playing habits disappeared. These were not great vices, but nevertheless they were errors according to the spiritual way of living, yet they all disappeared in that one two-hour experience, never to return. Not only did a healing of smoking, drinking, card playing and a few other minor human errors take place, but illumination came-a lifting of consciousness above what we might call the earth plane, and never in all the years that have gone by since that time have I completely come down to earth again. This does not mean that there have not been many problems during that time-many. But I have learned that all of them were a part of my own development. As the years unfolded, there came a ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ipresent and the Only Power.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:46- 129K
Find Similar Documents
Awakening Mystical Consciousness: Chapter 9, The Mystic & Healing
- ~ 9 ~ THE MYSTIC AND HEALING MANY persons wonder if attaining the awareness of God makes one an instrument for healing. There is no categorical answer to this question. Attainment of awareness may bring forth a healing consciousness, but it does not necessarily do so. If the awareness attained is deep enough, it can be a mystical experience, which means conscious union or a conscious at-onement with God; but even that does not always enable a person to do healing work. The healing consciousness is the consciousness that has the spiritual discernment to see through "this world" to "My kingdom." This discernment or ability to perceive Reality is not reserved for those who have had mystical illumination. It is possible for almost anyone who is willing to become a student of spiritual truth to attain a measure of spiritual discernment. There are those who achieve it in one day; there are those who achieve it in a few weeks or a few months; and there are others who work for years to achieve it. One deciding factor in the length of time it takes to develop this awareness is the desire for it. Spiritual discernment is not to be had for spare change or spare time. It requires a greater devotion than would be necessary in trying to learn a new language or to play a musical instrument. There must be the desire of the heart. Given that, and the willingness to study and practice, it will be only a short time before a person can achieve some measure of spiritual awareness and show it in actual work. THE DEARTH OF SPIRITUAL HEALING It should surprise everyone that more religious leaders are not doing spiritual healing work because there can be no question but that the vast majority of them are honest and sincere lovers of God, seekers of God who live their life close to God, at least as close to God as their understanding permits. That, in most cases, is in a great measure. If God, as God is usually understood, were a healer of disease, why in these hundreds of years since the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter 9, The Mystic & Healing.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:09- 123K
Find Similar Documents
Conscious Union with God: Chapter 3, States & Stages of Consciousness
- ~ 3 ~ STATES AND STAGES OF CONSCIOUSNESS Even though for many years the metaphysical world has believed that mental and spiritual healing are synonymous, actually they are as far apart as are material and spiritual healing. Mental and material healing are much the same except that they operate on different levels of consciousness. The mental is a little higher and finer than the material, but essentially they are two strata of the same belief. On the other hand, to use the terms, "mentally spiritual" or "spiritually mental," is exactly the same as saying, "a godly devil." The spiritual and the mental are just that far apart, not that one is right and the other is wrong, but they function on such different levels of consciousness that they are as far apart as the poles. The present day mixture of the spiritual and the mental stems from the beginning of modern mental practice, which originated in the last quarter of the eighteenth century in Germany with Franz Anton Mesmer, a reputable and learned physician, who named his discovery animal magnetism. He it was who discovered that there is a vital fluid-invisible and mental-which passes from the practitioner to the patient and which acts hypnotically through suggestion. One of Mesmer's students, the French mesmerist, Charles Poyen, migrated to Portland, Maine, and there found an apt student named Phineas P. Quimby to whom he taught mesmerism, then known as hypnotism, or animal magnetism, and for some time these two engaged in this activity primarily for entertainment purposes. Mr. Quimby, later known as Dr. Quimby, however, had a young patient, or student, who worked as his assistant and who developed the faculty, under hypnotism, of discerning the mental causes for the physical diseases of people coming to him on the platform. Dr. Quimby, then, by recognizing the nonpower of the mental thought, erased the disease. As a result of some remarkable healings which took place, he gave up the entertainment phase of his work ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...s & Stages of Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:16- 149K
Find Similar Documents
The Joel Goldsmith Reader: States and Stages of Consciousness
- States and Stages of Consciousness Even though for many years the metaphysical world has believed that mental and spiritual healing are synonymous, actually they are as far apart as are material and spiritual healing. Mental and material healing are much the same except that they operate on different levels of consciousness. The mental is a little higher and finer than the material, but essentially they are two strata of the same belief. On the other hand, to use the terms, "mentally spiritual" or "spiritually mental," is exactly the same as saying, "a godly devil." The spiritual and the mental are just that far apart, not that one is right and the other is wrong, but they function on such different levels of consciousness that they are as far apart as the poles. The present day mixture of the spiritual and the mental stems from the beginning of modern mental practice, which originated in the last quarter of the eighteenth century in Germany with Franz Anton Mesmer, a reputable and learned physician, who named his discovery animal magnetism. He it was who discovered that there is a vital fluid-invisible and mental-which passes from the practitioner to the patient and which acts hypnotically through suggestion. One of Mesmer's students, the French mesmerist, Charles Poyen, migrated to Portland, Maine, and there found an apt student named Phineas P. Quimby to whom he taught mesmerism, then known as hypnotism, or animal magnetism, and for some time these two engaged in this activity primarily for entertainment purposes. Mr. Quimby, later known as Dr. Quimby, however, had a young patient, or student, who worked as his assistant and who developed the faculty, under hypnotism, of discerning the mental causes of the physical diseases of people coming to him on the platform. Dr. Quimby, then, by recognizing the power of the mental thought, erased the disease. As a result of some remarkable healings which took place, he gave up the entertainment phase of his work and became ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...and Stages of Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:21- 156K
Find Similar Documents
The Government of Eden: Chapter 6, When We Are Tempted To Argue ...
- VI when we are tempted to argue or fight: "don't fight 5!" A S LONG AS there are persons fighting evil conditions, there will be evil conditions to fight because the mind that believes in two powers is still creating conditions of good and evil. Only when we withdraw power from them, when we cease fighting them, will these evil powers cease to be. The moment that you can be tempted to fight a person or a sin or a disease, you are engaged in a battle that, in the end, will destroy you. Why? Because in and of itself, it has no power, but you are giving it the power against yourself. We may be confronted with evidence of misunderstanding, hate, envy, jealousy, or malice. What difference does it make? It's an appearance. And right where the appearance would seem to be, God is. God is. God is. God is. God is all that we deal with. We do not deal with beliefs, with persons, or with conditions. We deal only with the word "God." In illustrating this, I have brought to your attention these beliefs which appear to us as appearances, which ordinarily we would seek to overcome through God, through treatment, and prayer. But don't make that mistake. Don't try to overcome material law, mental law, moral law, any law. Always recognize that you are dealing with one law. Anything else may be there as an appearance, just as 2 x 2 is 5 may pop up in your checkbook some month, but that doesn't mean you have to believe it. It isn't true, and you don't have to work against it. You have to merely recognize that 2 x 2 is 4, and the 5 goes of its own accord. Don't fight that 5! Don't try to overcome it. Don't set up mental warfare against it. Just recognize 4, and 5 will disappear of its own accord. As you recognize spiritual law as the only law, all other claims of law disappear. So it is that we in The Infinite Way have left behind the theological belief that there is a God-power that does things to error or evil, a God-power that fights the devil or fights sin or fights disease, and we ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...overnment of Eden_Chapter 6.pdf
Modified: 2021-01-25 13:32:06- 103K
Find Similar Documents
The World Is New: Chapter 2, Unfolding the Healing Consciousness
- ~ 2 ~ UNFOLDING THE HEALING CONSCIOUSNESS WHEN JOHN WAS IN PRISON, he sent word to Jesus, "Art thou he that should come, or do we look for another?" 1 In other words, he was asking, "Is this the promised Messiah?" Jesus did not answer him by saying that he had been authorized or ordained or that he had received a license to be a rabbi. He said, "Go and shew John again those things which ye do hear and see: The blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the poor have the gospel preached to them." 2 The work of healing through the Spirit, however, is never the healing of a body or of any physical condition, even though it appears as the healing of the problems of human existence. That is the result, but it is not the work. The real work is the spiritualizing of consciousness and of thought, and the opening of consciousness to the receptivity of God. The Infinite Way does not teach that there are no human problems: it teaches that in the presence of God there are no problems, and so when we stand in the conscious awareness of the presence of God, there is no poverty, sin, disease, or death to overcome. One of the greatest of all Jesus' statements is, "Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." 3 The kingdom of God-the realm of God-is consciousness. The spiritual atmosphere of God is the Kingdom, and when we are in the spiritual atmosphere of God, all the harmonies of heaven and of earth are added unto us. There are many approaches to the subject and practice of healing work, but I can speak only of that which has revealed itself to me, which is that healing is accomplished entirely through silence. Treatments, oral explanations, and the written word are merely little ladders which we use to climb up to the point of silence. Sometimes they are necessary; more often they are not. After one has been in this work for a while, it is almost ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...g the Healing Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:42- 115K
Find Similar Documents