The Master Speaks: Chapter 12, God Consciousness
- ~ 12 ~ GOD CONSCIOUSNESS To know our true identity is to solve every problem of so-called human existence. Actually, we are not living a human existence. Our existence is spiritual and divine, but because we do not know our true identity, it has become filled with discord and inharmony. If I know that I am I, and that that I is infinite Being, there can never intrude a thought of lack, limitation, discord, inharmony, jealousy, malice, or lust. When I know that I am I, and that this I is the infinity, the allness of God's being made manifest, the Word made flesh, then only can I realize that I am Self-sustained and Self-maintained. Some day all of us will admit that I is Self-created: I, the very consciousness of my being, formed me before ever I was in the womb. I would not have been there at all if I, the divine consciousness of my being, had not been expressing Itself in just that way. I, the divine consciousness of my being, formed my body after its own image and likeness, as my vehicle of expression. I can no more be separated from my body than I can be separated from my life. My body is the form in which my life is appearing. My body is an expression of my identity. My parents did not create it. I created it. My consciousness created it and my consciousness is maintaining it now in its present form. If my consciousness were to change, my body would change. If my consciousness of supply were to change, my supply would change. Always, consciousness is forming its own body, its own image and likeness. My consciousness of home has made my home whatever it is. My consciousness of business, of a practice, of health, expresses as my home or business or practice, my health or my wealth. Those who understand this principle and who have seen some of the slums or ghettos of New York City will understand that only the state of consciousness of the people living in them created those ghettos. In the city of Chicago, where not too many years ago there were open plains, and ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...apter 12, God Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:29- 127K
Find Similar Documents
A Parenthesis in Eternity: Chapter VIII, The Mystical I
- CHAPTER VIII THE MYSTICAL I The search for God must be conducted within, but this does not mean within our body because no amount of mental or physical probing has ever revealed the kingdom of God in any person's body. Therefore, we can quickly put aside any idea of searching for it in the spinal cord, stomach, heart, or even in the brain. The Kingdom is to be found within-within us. This leads us to the questions: Who are we? What are we? Where are we? Most of us already know that we are not confined to our body, and once we know that, we have taken a tremendous leap forward on the spiritual path, because if we are convinced that we are not in the body, it should not take very long or involve overmuch reasoning to establish the truth that being out of the body and invisible, we must be incorporeal and spiritual, something other than body. So, when we seek the kingdom of God within, we are not seeking for it inside the body, not even in the mind: we are seeking within ourselves. To understand the nature of life as consciousness reveals how it is possible for the kingdom of God to be within us, within our consciousness, within that part of us which knows, but within no particular part of our body. Consciousness alone constitutes the Self. When we have realized ourselves as consciousness and can look at our body in a mirror and thank God that we are not there, thank God that we have a body, but that we are not in the body-we are invisible-we shall begin to understand the Master's great teachings which are the "open sesame" to progress on the spiritual path. "Call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven." How can the son of that Father be other than spiritual being, spiritual entity and identity, incorporeal and invisible being? How can that son of God be seen walking the earth? The truth is that our real Self is never seen by anybody: it is completely invisible. True, our body is visible, but we are not. We are hid with the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter VIII, The Mystical I.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:59- 143K
Find Similar Documents
Beyond Words & Thoughts: Chapter 2, Building a Consciousness of Grace
- ... Peace is a state of Grace, and it functions in that moment when you are demanding nothing of another, when you are realizing that God's grace is your sufficiency in all things and that there is a sufficiency of God's grace omnipresent to meet the need of this and of every moment. In that realization, you free every person, and he can feel that you have freed him. He is at peace with you because the only reason for a lack of peace is fear, the fear of what the other person may want of you. Individually and collectively, nationally and internationally, that is the one fear, and the only antidote is the realization: I have a hidden manna. I have a hidden source of supply that is not dependent on "man, whose breath is in his nostrils." 11 It is not dependent on anyone's good will. * New Light on Forgiveness People are at war within their own families-not over money particularly or over land, but because there is nearly always something that one is demanding of another that is causing a breach. The healing can take place only in release, and you can release every person only when that state of Grace has come to you and you realize that you no longer need power. Your oneness with God is your assurance of omniscience, omnipotence, and omnipresence, and because of that you can release anybody and everybody. This might be called forgiving, but it is a far better way of dealing with the whole subject of forgiveness than the traditional approach. To forgive is difficult because forgiveness has always implied the forgiving of an actual wrong done, which in some way one is supposed to forget. This is rather difficult to do. It is far easier to forgive if you can see that the reason that you think a wrong has been done to you is because you were expecting something from someone, and you had no right to expect anything from anybody. So in the beginning it was your fault; you brought it on yourself. You expected something of someone; therefore, that person did to you what you are ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ng a Consciousness of Grace.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:10- 136K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness In Transition: Chapter 3, States & Stages of Consciousness
- ~ 3 ~ STATES AND STAGES OF CONSCIOUSNESS THE READING ASSIGNMENT TONIGHT will begin in "States and Stages of Consciousness" in Spiritual Interpretation of Scripture, and continue to the end of the book. The reason for this assignment is this: I want to tell you tonight that the mental and the spiritual are not synonymous. In the metaphysical world, it has been believed for many years, that mental and spiritual healing are the same thing, whereas they are actually as far apart as material and spiritual healing. What is mental healing? Mental and material healing are the same thing on two levels of consciousness. The mental is a little higher and lighter than the material. But they are two strata of the same belief. You have heard the terms "mentally spiritual" or "spiritually mental." That is exactly the same as saying "a godly devil." They are that far apart, not that one is necessarily right and one is wrong. They are different levels of consciousness and they are as far apart as the North and South Poles. The reason for this mixture of the spiritual and the mental goes back to the beginning of mental practice. Mental practice was originated in Germany by Franz Anton Mesmer, the physician who discovered animal magnetism. He discovered that there is an invisible vital fluid, a mental fluid that passes through the practitioner and the patient and that it acts hypnotically through suggestion. One of Mesmer's students came to New England, landed in Portland, Maine, and found a student there named Quimby. Mesmer's student taught this mesmerism, then known as hypnotism or animal magnetism, to Mr. Quimby and for many years they engaged in this activity for entertainment purposes. Mr. Quimby later became known as Dr. Quimby, and came to have with him a young patient, or student, who worked as assistant. This boy developed the faculty, under hypnotism, of discerning the mental cause for the physical diseases of people coming on the platform. He passed this on to Mr. Quimby ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...s & Stages of Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:19- 118K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: January 10, 1964, Three Lost Secrets
- THREE LOST SECRETS January 10, 1964 GOOD EVENING. For your meditation will you please ponder this: You have not come here to hear me, nor to receive a message from me. You have come here to be instructed by the spirit that is within you, to hear the still small voice that is within you, and my part is merely that you may be lifted up to the point of spiritual apprehension or spiritual discernment-not discernment of what I say but discernment of what is revealed within you. It is possible that something may come through my lips that may be the message that you will receive, but do not be surprised if you hear something tonight and discover later that I never said it-if you are not here to see or hear a man but to receive the grace of God. Because if two or more of us unite in this meditation, we will be lifted up to that point of spiritual discernment; then the voice can speak, either through my lips or it may speak directly through your consciousness. I would like to talk tonight about three lost secrets. They are not lost in the sense that they have been lost to consciousness, but they have been lost from mankind. The only reason you have them in active form today is through revelation because, although they exist as written words, they are passed over as if they were not major factors-and they are sadly misinterpreted. Let us take first, secrecy. Secrecy is one of the lost principles of life. What we call benevolence or charity or brotherly love is the second lost secret and, through these, we will come to the third. You must remember that there are two major forms of life, just as there are two major forms of religious life. One form is that which you meet in all religions; it is the religion of the Old Testament, the moral law, the Ten Commandments. It is the Old Testament teaching of "love the lord thy God" and "love thy neighbor as thyself" -to which has been added ceremonies, rituals and rites. This, you might say, is a beginning form of religion, ideally ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...0, 1964, Three Lost Secrets.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:13- 102K
Find Similar Documents
God The Substance of All Form: Chapter 3, Individual Consciousness as Law
- ~ 3 ~ INDIVIDUAL CONSCIOUSNESS AS LAW Thus saith the Lord, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches: But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the Lord which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth. Jeremiah 9:23, 24 This statement from Jeremiah can be carried out in practical experience. We are not to glory in the world of effect, whether that effect appears as person, place, circumstance, condition, or thing, because the substance, the reality, does not lie in any effect. The power and the glory, the substance and the reality, the cause and the law lie in the spirit which produces all that appears to us as form, circumstance, or condition. We can enjoy and use the things of this world, but our faith and confidence must not be centered in the world or in the things of the world. Our faith and confidence must be in the spirit which produces, forms, and animates all that exists. No Power Acts upon Us The Infinite Way teaches that man is consciousness and that that very consciousness is the cause of body, business, and home. Many people believe that a discordant body, business, or home is due to a power outside of themselves, acting upon them. As long as we accept the belief that there is a power outside of us, just that long will we be seeking to get in touch with a good power to do something for us. If the belief is accepted that a law of time is acting upon our bodies and mentalities, our experience will be on that level. There is no power operating in our experience separate from our own consciousness, but as long as we believe that there is such a power and as long as we are trying to get in touch with it, we shall never contact it. The world has been praying to God for things. It is no more sensible to pray to God for things than it is to pray to the principle of electricity to light your house. ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...vidual Consciousness as Law.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:34- 113K
Find Similar Documents
I Stand on Holy Ground: Chapter 7, A Lesson On Grace
- Chapter Seven A Lesson On Grace Many persons turn to truth primarily for the purpose of finding a way to solve their human problems and then proceed to measure their spiritual progress by how many problems they do not have. This is a false measuring rod, although there undoubtedly does come a time when the complete absence of problems may mean spiritual demonstration or harmony attained. Jesus attained that after the Crucifixion and the Resurrection. Too many students, however, are trying to attain it before the crucifixion and before the demonstration of resurrection. It cannot be accomplished. It must be understood clearly that the demonstration over the beliefs of what we call the human or carnal mind must be made before complete liberation can be attained. It is always a cause for rejoicing, therefore, when we are presented with problems and are able to resolve them. There was a time when I dreamed of having $100,000. I wanted that amount because the income from it would make me independent, and then I could be a practitioner without any worries. The day I became a practitioner I had exactly $250 in the world, and no human way of getting any more. That has been my salvation because now when I speak about demonstrating supply, I am not speaking from some textbook I have read or even passed an examination on. I am speaking from the experience of having proved the principle of supply. When I speak about health, I am not speaking from the pages of a book that I have read. I am speaking out of personal experience. In 1921 I was given three months to live by physicians in St. Luke's Hospital in New York City, and many years later I was given only a few hours to live. So twice I have come back from the experience of imminent death, and both times through spiritual demonstration. What I have not experienced myself, I have experienced in the lives of my patients and students. Almost every problem of human existence has come to my experience directly or indirectly, and in ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 7, A Lesson On Grace.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:37- 127K
Find Similar Documents
Leave Your Nets: Chapter 10, Inasmuch as Ye Have Done It Unto One of the Least
- ... So, too, in that realization, you would never be tempted to defraud, wrong, injure, or harm another, or to benefit personally at someone else's expense. Within you is a deep pool of spirit, and it is the source and fountain of your good. Pray, knock, ask. Only when you pray, when you knock, when you ask, be sure that you are asking and praying only for the spirit, knocking at the door of spirit for spiritual unfoldment. Do not attempt to mold spirit into the human form of companionship, gratitude, or physical improvement. It will interpret itself on whatever level is necessary, and if the need is for some physical or material thing, the fulfillment will come in that way because "I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." 6 But contact that Me, since before Me and besides Me there is no other God. Reach into this deep pool and feel the abundance, the gentleness, and the power of that spirit, and let it flow; and when it flows, it will come out as in a mold. That mold may be money, home, companions, forgiveness, justice, mercy, kindness, or benevolence; but do not attempt to pour spirit into a mold, do not attempt to provide a mold in which to hold it. Go to this pool, this infinite pool of joyous substance; commune; feel it as it fills your consciousness, as it circulates within your being. By this I do not mean a physical or an emotional feeling, but an inner awareness of the divine. That is all! That is seeking the kingdom of God, and then the things are added, because it pours itself forth, not as ephemeral nothingness or substance, but in molded form, and the mold is always fulfillment. When supply of whatever name or nature comes out of the depths of I, out of the depths of the Soul, when your life is lived in that fourth dimension of the spirit, there is never just barely enough, and there is never too much. There is bounty, abundance, affluence, but not extravagance, because everything comes as the gift of God, and is ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ne It Unto One of the Least.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:41- 113K
Find Similar Documents
Leave Your Nets: Chapter 5, Hidden Manna
- ~ 5 ~ HIDDEN MANNA Ours is a new dimension. We do not seek the world: we abide at the center of our own being, behold the glory of God, and let the world come to us. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna. Revelation 2:17 "He that hath an ear"-he that hath an inner ear, he that hath a spiritual ear, he that can hear what is not audible-let him hear. Let him hear what the spirit says-not what I say, not what the book says, not what you would like to say to your neighbor, but what the spirit says-"To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna." The whole import of the message of The Infinite Way could well be summed up in that term "hidden manna." Hidden manna! How like that expression is to that other statement of the Master's: "My peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you" 1 -not physical health or material wealth, a home or an automobile, not anything that the world gives, but My peace. My peace is something that the world would not recognize if it came face to face with it, and would not realize even if it experienced it. My peace: a peace that comes, not because the body is healthy or the purse is full, not because the home is happy, prosperous, or joyous! No, no, no! My peace is a state of peace that is experienced within, regardless of outside conditions, but which ultimately changes the outside conditions. Here you have a hidden mystery. Peace, such as the world gives, comes to you because of external circumstances or conditions. If you have more health or wealth, a bigger home, or a longer vacation, that may induce a temporary state of peace, but this good that comes to you from the external world today may be taken from you tomorrow. My peace is different from that. My peace is an inflow and an outflow from within your own being, and so it is never dependent on anything: it is self-created, self-maintained, and ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ts_ Chapter 5, Hidden Manna.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:40- 111K
Find Similar Documents
Living Now: Chapter 11, Transcending Karmic Law
- ... The word of God that is received in my consciousness is sufficient for my every need of the moment, whether it be a moment of work, a moment of rest, a moment of feasting or fasting, or a moment of play. Every moment of every day and of every night is filled with a sufficiency of Thy grace to meet every need, and always with those twelve baskets full left over to share with even "the least of these my brethren." 17 As I go to my rest I remember: This night will rapidly pass into day, with Thy grace continuing always throughout every moment, because I am receiving Thy manna when I sleep, as well as when I am awake. I am receiving Thy manna at rest, at work, or at play, for Thy grace is a continuing experience, and there is this sufficiency of manna unto every moment. If knowingly or unknowingly, human temptation has touched me, nevertheless, I offer myself as I am, knowing that Thy grace forgives and resurrects into newness of life, and Thy manna nourishes that life. I cannot wait to be better than I am to offer myself to Thee, and I need not be better than I am to receive forgiveness, Grace, manna. It is now, here, just as I am, that I relax in Thee and receive Thee: Thy word, Thy presence. ACROSS THE DESK Have you ever been faced with a problem and wondered how to meet it? In that moment, then, you forgot that there was only one power, and that your understanding of that made it unnecessary to meet anything. Have you ever been called upon to meet some problem for someone and wondered if you had sufficient understanding, or if you had sufficient God-power? If so, in that moment, you revealed that you did not know the truth. It is not your knowledge of truth that meets problems or is God-power: it is the realization that God is the only power. In that realization, there are no problems to be met, there are no laws to be overcome, there are no evils to be surmounted. All these constitute the illusion of sense. If you have been reading Infinite Way writings even for ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...11, Transcending Karmic Law.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:51- 149K
Find Similar Documents