Leave Your Nets: Chapter 4, Open Out a Way
- ~ 4 ~ OPEN OUT A WAY Since there seems to be a sense of separation between the Father and us, and between all those who are to play a part in our life's experience, our work is to realize our oneness with the Father, the one consciousness, and then we automatically become one with every spiritual being. There is but one consciousness, and that consciousness, functioning as your consciousness and as mine, is the connecting link between you and your world and me and my world, establishing us in oneness with all those who are a part of our fulfillment. Unless we wish to engage in a daily battle of competition, a daily battle of trying to work with persons antagonistic to our ideas, unless we wish to take our chance with whether we will have the right employer or right employee, or whether we will deal with those who are the right people for us or the wrong- unless we wish to do that, we must establish firmly our oneness with the Father before we leave our home in the morning to embark upon any enterprise, commercial, social, or ministerial, realizing that the consciousness of the Father, which is our consciousness, is the consciousness of every individual. Therefore, all those ready for the experience of association with us, by the attraction of that consciousness, are brought to us, and in the same way, we are led to everyone we can serve or bless. When we understand our connection with the vine, we do not compete with any man. We do not fight, we do not war with him or sue him because we have access to the infinite source of our being, and it is this source that feeds and supplies us even while it is feeding and supplying all the other branches on the tree. So instead of looking to one another for our needs, we learn to look to the one universal life that is flowing through all of us, and receive our good from it. Then everything works together for good, and we are led to where we can work with others, benefit from and cooperate with them, and yet not live off them. ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..._ Chapter 4, Open Out a Way.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:40- 117K
Find Similar Documents
Living Now: Chapter 7, Living Divine Sonship
- ~ 7 ~ LIVING DIVINE SONSHIP The word "consciousness" sums up the teaching of the Infinite Way. It is what we are conscious of that operates in our experience as law. "Ye shall know the truth," 1 and then the truth functions as the law. "Come out from among them, and be ye separate" 2 -give up ignorance and superstition. The Infinite Way teaches that there is only one power, and that we are never to use one power over another or to protect ourselves from a power. Our protection is the realization of our Self as the only power. When we make the statement that God is the only power, unless we realize that the God we are talking about is the I of our own being, we can be led into the false hope that there is some God out in space who can be prevailed upon to protect us. There is no such God. There is no God protecting anyone because there is nothing to be protected from. If we want to be free, we have to leave "this world" and enter God's kingdom. Only in proportion as we can recognize the impersonal, universal nature of error and then realize it as nonpower, only then are we protected, and only then can we do healing work. There is no God and disease. There is only God, and every thing that happens to us as sin, disease, lack, or limitation is an appearance. The recognition of that truth destroys the appearance. God Constitutes Individual Being "Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." 3 In the presence of God, there is liberty. In that Presence, there is no entity called sin, disease, or false appetite. We do not heal them: they are illusory concepts, but the illusory concept is always in the mind. There is no such thing as an externalized illusion. When we know the truth, the illusory concept is gone, but nothing has really gone with it. Sin and lack do not go anywhere. We merely prove that they were not there. It is on this point that many metaphysicians lose their way. They believe God is some sort of a power that they are going to use over ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...er 7, Living Divine Sonship.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:50- 136K
Find Similar Documents
Living The Infinite Way: Chapter Three, God Is
- CHAPTER THREE GOD IS Prayer is our contact with God, the infinite Source of our being, of which we can have no actual intellectual knowledge, and for which we have used such terms as Mind, Life, Truth, Love, Spirit, and the Infinite Invisible. God is the only creative Principle of the universe, the creative Principle of all that is; and since this creative Principle operates from the standpoint of supreme intelligence, without beginning and without end, it becomes necessary to know how to make contact or to become one with it. Unless we learn the way, we cannot avail ourselves of the omnipresence, omnipotence, and omniscience of God. Prayer, sometimes called communion, is the avenue through which we make our contact, find our oneness, or realize God. Prayer is the means of bringing into our individual experience the activity, the law, the substance, the supply, the harmony, and the all-ness or that which we call God. This is one of the most important points for all students of spiritual wisdom to know, to understand, to practice, and to live. In understanding the infinite nature of God, we understand the infinite nature of our own being. "I and my Father are one" assures the infinite nature of your being and my being. This fact is not dependent upon one's being a student of truth, but is dependent solely upon one's relationship to God, and that relationship is oneness- oneness. We shall hear much more about that word oneness as we progress. We must accept anything that is spiritually true of any individual, saint or sinner, as being true of you and of me, since the relationship of God to its creation is a universal one. When the Master taught that I and the Father are one, he was very careful to assure us that he spoke of your Father and my Father. He was revealing a universal spiritual truth. What, then, separated the demonstration of Christ Jesus from that of the Hebrew rabbis of his day? Or, what separated the demonstration of the Master from that of his students ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Way_ Chapter Three, God Is.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:56- 92K
Find Similar Documents
Living the Illumined Life: Chapter 8, The Fourth Dimension
- ... As a matter of fact, some of the greatest spiritual lights of the world were not among the best of human beings when they began. Sometimes being a very good human being is a barrier to being a spiritual light, because it takes a great deal of humility to attain spiritual realization. The first step in that humility is when the recognition comes that man can be neither good nor evil. That is a very difficult thing for good human beings to accept. They love to dwell on their own goodness and to feel that it is a virtue for which they are entitled to great credit. Furthermore, good human beings are very prone to criticize, judge, or condemn the sinner, or the one who is somewhat less perfect than themselves. Right there they create a block through which the spirit of God cannot penetrate. It is true that God's rain falls on the just and the unjust. It is true that the Master held no one in condemnation. To him there was no waiting for punishment, no waiting to be purged, no waiting for forgiveness. It takes a great deal of humility for a good person to recognize that he is not good but that whatever goodness is manifested in him is really the spirit of God trying to find outlet. If that were more clearly understood, we could then more rightfully enjoy goodness by realizing, "This is not my goodness. This is the goodness of God finding an outlet through me. It is not that I am generous, but that God's gift is being sent out into circulation through me." With such an attitude, we understand more readily the person who for any reason or in any way has fallen from Grace or is away from the path of Grace, because it is only the belief that that individual of himself can be good or bad, and at this particular moment being bad seems the most satisfactory way or the most profitable one. The Remnant, Those Who Attain Conscious Union Those who are seriously directed to the spiritual path should understand that their work at this moment is not to concern themselves with trying to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter 8, The Fourth Dimension.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:53- 124K
Find Similar Documents
Our Spiritual Resources: Chapter Three, The Practicality of Spiritual Living
- ... On the other hand, can you picture the joyful experience of going through life being friends with anybody and everybody in the whole world, knowing that no one has anything you need or want and you have nothing anyone else needs or wants, that all you require unfolds to you from within your own being? That makes sharing a double delight because it is a heartwarming experience to share with those who do not expect it of you or feel that you are under any obligation to them. There is no room in spiritual living or in a spiritual activity for selfishness. The law of God is a law of love and cannot be utilized for selfish purposes. Love is one of the great attributes of God and must be expressed in our daily experience if we are to live in accordance with God's law. We are expressing love in proportion as we release the world of men and women from every form of bondage. When we hold an individual responsible for his sins, we hold him in bondage; but when we loose him and let him go in forgiveness, if necessary in the realization that he knows not what he is doing, we are fulfilling the law of love. There are those in our experience who humanly owe us an obligation, and we express our love by inwardly releasing them from that obligation, but love does not mean that human obligations can be ignored or responsibility shirked with impunity. In fact, sometimes the highest form of love is to require someone to fulfill his responsibility, thereby helping him to fulfill the law of love and giving him an opportunity to grow and live according to the high ethical standards the spiritual life demands. That does not mean, however, that spiritually we hold him in bondage to his debt or obligation, or in any sense are tempted to believe that our own demonstration can ever be affected by the attitude or actions of anyone else. For example, according to all standards of business ethics, partners have obligations to one another, but spiritually, inwardly, each should release the other ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...icality of Spiritual Living.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:00- 109K
Find Similar Documents
Realization of Oneness: Chapter 12, Infinite Way Principles and World Affairs
- 12) Infinite Way Principles and World Affairs For the most part, those who have been interested in a metaphysical or spiritual approach to life have thought almost entirely in terms of what it would do for them. They have been primarily interested in whether it would heal them or their families, prosper them, or perhaps be the means of their finding some happiness, a home, or better health. I know that you realize that those days are past. It really is not going to make any great difference whether we are sick or well, rich or poor, happy or unhappy if the world does not stay in one piece. This, therefore, is the time when it should be comparatively easy to follow the Master and take no thought for our life because suddenly our life as an individual entity is of secondary importance. The thing that is of greatest importance now is the life of this world. We can very well accept the fact that if the world and its people survive we too will survive, but if they do not, what difference would it make if we were able to demonstrate our health and supply and the rest of the world were not around to help us enjoy it? Today everyone who is embarked on a spiritual way of life should have a concern far greater than the demonstration of his own daily harmony, and that concern should be for the survival of the entire world. The question now is: Is there a principle of life, a spiritual principle, that will govern the world? Is there a principle which can now be relied upon to prevent the destruction of civilization and the extermination of mankind? There can be no question but that an individual can rise so high above the immediate circumstances on earth as to make himself immune to the disasters of this world, but if that is all that is concerning him, he may find the world a lonesome place to be. This is the age in which everyone who is seriously on this Path should forget his own problems and be willing to lose his life, if need be, in the search for, and the demonstration ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...rinciples and World Affairs.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:05- 160K
Find Similar Documents
Rising in Consciousness: Chapter 11, Spiritual Freedom
- ~ 11 ~ SPIRITUAL FREEDOM YOU KNOW THIS IS NOT THE EASIEST SUBJECT in the world to talk about, and I approach it always with a little bit of hesitancy. Always we have been talking about the spiritual way of living and of course, the subject "spiritual freedom" is a part of the spiritual way of life. Spiritual freedom is a result of the spiritual way of living; it is one of the results, but it has to be understood in order to be demonstrated. It has to be understood in order to be lived. In our material sense of life we are in bondage to hundreds of different thoughts and things-there is no denying it. We are so apt in the metaphysical world just to say, "There is no accident in divine mind," or "There is no bondage in divine mind." Of course it is true. There isn't bondage in divine mind. It is also true that if we were living in divine mind we would not be here speaking or listening to this subject. It is only because we haven't yet reached the life of divine mind that we are interested in a way or a path to achieve it. The term "path" or "way" is an interesting one. Jesus said: "I am the way." 1 But 600 years before Jesus, Lao Tzu's teaching in China was called "The Way." The term "way" refers to that spiritual path that gives us freedom. If we are to achieve freedom, it must be freedom from some form of bondage. Actually you know there is no freedom in spirit or soul because there isn't anything to be free of. There is only divine being. When we talk about spiritual freedom, we are talking really about a quality or condition of being that results from our search for and attainment of truth itself. I am coming to this very, very slowly, because I am-and I know that I am-on a delicate subject. You will appreciate as I go along, how delicate it is. What I am leading up to is the fact that there is a power greater than any of the powers you are familiar with in the human sense of life and yet a power that you never will see, never hear, taste, touch or smell. It is a ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...apter 11, Spiritual Freedom.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:07- 128K
Find Similar Documents
Rising in Consciousness: Chapter 12, God Consciousness
- ~ 12 ~ GOD CONSCIOUSNESS NOW, YOU HAVE FOLLOWED ALONG with me in these talks and have heard the foundation of the message, namely, that everything begins with the understanding of God, and without the knowledge of God, there is no spiritual message, there is no spiritual mission, there is no spiritual life. The worship of God as something or someone afar off has separated man from his spiritual life throughout the ages. This worship of a distant God that must be appealed to, must be petitioned, or must be told our needs; all of this has separated us from the actual presence and power of God. In these "latter days" we are beginning to understand that God is, as the poet said, one who hears: "Closer is he than breathing, nearer than hands and feet." 1 In other words, in confirmation of the teaching of Jesus, the kingdom of God is within you. We have learned that God is divine mind; that God is life eternal; that God is more than all this-God is the life and the mind of individual you and me. And this is where we have made our first gain over the ancients: We have not merely learned that God is principle, we have not merely learned that God is soul or consciousness, but we have learned that God is the consciousness and soul of me, the very spirit, the animating principle and law of my being. Unless one clearly perceives this truth that, "I and the Father are one," 2 he will not understand why it is or how it is that, "All that the Father has is mine." 3 The longer you perpetuate God as something separate and apart from yourself, the longer you will be seeking to get your allness from that God. In proportion, however, as you realize that God is closer to us than breathing, that Jesus knew what he was talking about when he said, "The kingdom of God is within you" 4 and "I and the Father are one," to that degree will you realize that all that the Father has is yours. Therefore you do not have to pray for it. Prayer becomes not an asking of God but a realization of the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...apter 12, God Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:08- 115K
Find Similar Documents
Rising in Consciousness: Chapter 9. Prayer of Understanding
- ... I hope this is clear because if it is so only in a tiny measure, a measure only so large as a grain of dust, if you can see that you have to overhaul your concept of prayer and your concept of God and you've got to begin the work of conscious "at-one-ing"- attuning-and that it's your individual job; if only as a grain of dust I can make you see that, my whole lifetime will have fulfilled itself. If I can catch a higher concept of God than I have now so that I can feel just one bit closer to this almighty spirit which is the reality of my being, I have no other purpose in life. I know it will use itself through me for some good end. And in the same way I know right well that I can't go out on street corners and preach this. I feel very, very fortunate if the few who are drawn to me of their own at- one-ment with this type of consciousness can catch one little glimpse of what I am trying to say and what I always so poorly say and write. Someday it will be said better and written down far better than it is now but if I can bring to life only one tiny little bit of spirit that will say, "I must overhaul my idea of prayer; I must do a little higher praying and have a little higher concept of God than to believe that he began a war or that he is ever going to end one or that he is ever going to forgive anyone his sins in his sins," I am fulfilled. Forgiveness is accomplished only by the forsaking of the sin. There is no other way. We can no more be forgiven than to keep on in mathematics saying 3x3 is 8 or 4x4 is 19 and expect the principle of mathematics to say, "Well, after all, you are a charitable soul so we will give you the correct answer!" It isn't done. Not with mathematics and not with music, nor with painting, art, sculpture, or writing. Those who turn to those arts and gifts must turn to them with a full openness to the principles of them. Those who turn to God must turn to God with the full openness of consciousness to it. Does this mean that if we are ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... 9. Prayer of Understanding.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:07- 132K
Find Similar Documents
Showing Forth the Presence of God: Chapter 5, God, the Substance of Universal Being
- Chapter Five God, the Substance of Universal Being Jesus' statement, "I and my Father are one," 1 must be ingrained in your hearts and minds as one truth never to be forgotten. Otherwise, you will have a God separate and apart from your own being, and you will be attempting to contact It, trying to be worthy of It, or praying to It. In the Infinite Way you begin your real unfoldment when you can understand not only that God is life, but that God is your individual life. Unless you understand that, you will always be meditating to get health, whereas the life which is God needs no healing. The life which is God can never age or change. One Individual Mind and Consciousness All the error, all the mistakes, all your ills come from the ancient belief that there is God and man, that there is God, eternal life, and your life. The only reason a person has mental upsets or a nervous disease is because of the universal belief that God is mind but that man has a mind separate and apart from God. The mind of God is indivisible and is a facet or instrument of the God- consciousness you are. Understanding that, your mind and mine would continuously show forth the glory of infinite intelligence. If you accept the universal, world belief that there is a God somewhere to be reached, to be prayed to, or to become at-one with, you lose your demonstration. I and the Father are one. I and the Father have been one "since before Abraham was."2 I and the Father will be one until eternity. I and the Father are one, now, always, and throughout all time. Whatever there is of treatment or prayer in our work is the realization of the truth of that I Am-ness. To forget that would be to lose the entire sense of spiritual demonstration because it would leave you in a state of having to achieve that oneness or attain it; whereas it is already the truth. Your World, an Expression of Your State of Consciousness God is the substance of which this universe is formed, but when you understand that God ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ubstance of Universal Being.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:12- 127K
Find Similar Documents