Beyond Words & Thoughts: Chapter 11, His Rain Falls
- ~ 11 ~ "HIS RAIN FALLS" Most thinking persons would be willing to admit that the majority of religious teachings of the world have not gone beyond seeking truth through the mind; but until you arrive at that place in consciousness where you realize that you never are going to find truth through the mind, you have not even begun your spiritual journey. Your journey begins only when you come to the realization that going on as you have been, you never are going to learn the truth-what lies behind this universe-because it is not to be known with the mind. Think back a few years in your experience and try to remember what it was that first brought you to the spiritual path. Was it primarily for a healing or for some other aspect of better humanhood? Or was it an actual desire, a search, a reaching out for Reality, for Truth, for God? Since that time, to what extent has your attitude changed? Do you realize that merely improving health or increasing the amount of your supply is insignificant in comparison with the goal of finding the mystery of that Life that is behind the appearance, behind what you see, hear, taste, touch, and smell? True, there are times when it is discouraging, because inevitably the realization comes: "Am I never going to discover God or Spirit? Is my search to be completely frustrating? What have I to look forward to?" Reaching that point may be a good start on your spiritual journey because you will have arrived at that place where you can say, "Speak, Lord; for thy servant heareth," 1 and mean it, really mean that if God does not speak and if you do not hear what He says, there is going to be no answer. When you reach that place, it means that you have come to the end of faith and hope and any belief that the human mind is ever going to reveal spiritual truth to you. At that point in consciousness, you do know that God is not going to be revealed to you in the words that you read or the words that you hear. The only opportunity for God to be ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Chapter 11, His Rain Falls.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:12- 133K
Find Similar Documents
Beyond Words & Thoughts: Chapter 6, Measuring Spiritual Progress
- ... Once you have chosen the mystical or spiritual path, you have no power to be either good or evil because when you meditate and make contact with the Spirit within, It performs that which is given you to do. It lives your life, and It is neither good nor evil: It is just spiritual, perfect, and infinite. There is no such thing as good or evil in Spirit; there is no such thing as rich or poor in Spirit: there is infinity. There is no such thing as health or sickness: there is immortality. When you are not living by bread alone, by exercise or diet, when you are not depending solely on money, property, or investments, but when you are living by the word of God that you contact in your meditation, you are no longer living according to your will to be good, to be charitable, or your will to be moral. This is no longer your choice; this no longer lies within your power. Every time that you go within, touch the Spirit, and feel a release, that Spirit is performing the functions of your life, and whatever function you have to perform will be infinitely good, and it will be for eternity, not just for today or tomorrow, and not torn down next week or next month by a depression, a boom, or a war. In other words, the evils of this world will not come nigh your dwelling place because it will no longer be your dwelling: it will be the Father within doing the dwelling. Do you see why it is that when you go to God, it can be only in a complete surrender? Progress on the spiritual path seems to come slowly and imperceptibly, but years of devotion, dedication, and persistence inevitably bring the goal of conscious oneness with God closer and closer. Your pure motive leads you to where there is less and less reaction to the appearance-world; forgiveness and a lack of condemnation mark your attitude toward your fellow man; the fear of death diminishes; and the ego or personal sense is superseded by a recognition of the divine Self of you and of all men. "He that seeth me seeth him that ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...easuring Spiritual Progress.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:11- 144K
Find Similar Documents
Beyond Words & Thoughts: Chapter 7, World Work For All Infinite Way Students
- ~ 7 ~ WORLD WORK FOR ALL INFINITE WAY STUDENTS Most persons in the world are confident that ultimately there will be a good world, and that either the evolution of human consciousness or just the passing of time will make it so. In this belief they are "barking up the wrong tree," because human consciousness is built on self-preservation as its first law, and therefore, the longer human consciousness evolves, the more ways it is going to find of preserving itself at somebody else's expense. As you well know, the world has not been saved in all these thousands of years; and if it is to be saved, it will not be by human consciousness evolving to the point of making bigger and better bombs or forming bigger and better organizations. No, if the world is to be saved, it will be by the activity of the Christ in human consciousness, and this activity will eventually erase human consciousness, so that no longer will self-preservation be the first law of human nature. Certainly all those on the spiritual path are discovering that they are experiencing fewer of the world's problems and that they are better enabled to meet those problems. But Infinite Way students who engage in prayer and meditation for themselves and for their families must go beyond their immediate circle and set aside a little time for the rest of the world. Probably some students may not have thought this important because they are so certain that the world is going to be saved. The world, however, is really a world made up of individuals, and just as each one of us could go on being a human being from the cradle to the grave and still die a human being, so, too, can the whole world go on the same way. It is because the activity of the Christ has touched our individual consciousness in some measure that we find ourselves to a degree free of the world's problems. It is only when a person has been touched by that which is transcendental, by that which is spiritual, that he can even begin to approach the goal ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...r All Infinite Way Students.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:11- 125K
Find Similar Documents
Collected Essays of Joel Goldsmith: Prayer
- Prayer YE ASK, and receive not, because ye ask amiss," says the Apostle James. Have you ever thought of this when you have prayed for some time, and then found no answer to your prayer? "Ye ask amiss." There is the reason. Prayer, when based on the belief that there is a need unfilled, a desire unsatisfied, is never in accord with true scientific prayer. A prayer for God to do something, send something, provide or heal, is equally without power. It is sometimes believed that God requires a channel through which to fulfill our prayer; and this leads us to look outside ourselves for the answer. We may believe that supply can come to us, and therefore we watch for the person or position through which it is to come. We may be depending on a healer or teacher as the channel through which the healing is to come. "Ye ask amiss." Any belief that that which we are seeking is anywhere but within us, within our very own consciousness, is the barrier separating us in belief from our harmony. True prayer is never addressed to a Being outside ourselves, nor does true prayer expect anything from outside our own being. "The kingdom of God is within you," and all good must be sought there. Recognizing God to be the reality of our being, we know that all good is inherent in that Being, your being and mine. God is the substance of our being and therefore we are eternal and harmonious. God is Life, and this Life is self-sustained. He is our Soul, and we are pure and immortal. God is the Mind of the individual and this constitutes the intelligence of our being. Rightly speaking, there is not God and you, but God is ever manifest as you and this is the oneness which assures you of infinite good. God is the Life, Mind, Body and Substance of individual being, therefore nothing can be added to any individual, and true prayer is the constant recognition of this truth. Conscious awareness of our true being-of the infinite nature and character of our only being-this, too, is prayer. In this ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...s of Joel Goldsmith_ Prayer.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:14- 94K
Find Similar Documents
Collected Essays of Joel Goldsmith: The Easter of Our Lives
- The Easter of Our Lives IT IS THE DAY of the Crucifixion, and the Master is seated by himself somewhat apart from the people in the courtyard. Outside the gates the crowd has gathered. These are the multitudes whom Jesus fed when they were an-hungered; these are the people whom he healed of their diseases, of their sins, and of their infirmities. Some of them he even raised from the dead. Now they have gathered to make sure that he is crucified. They have been lulled to forgetfulness of the good that they witnessed in his ministry, and evidently their ecclesiastical authorities have convinced them that Jesus meant to destroy their temple, their religion, even their God. The fact that they saw the healings and experienced them is forgotten in the cry, "Crucify him! Crucify him!" The Roman authorities are much concerned, because they have nothing against the man Jesus; they have nothing against his teaching; and they have no liking for the work of the day. This the Master understands. He knows that on one side are the representatives of the Roman law, who have no desire to perform their unpleasant task, while on the other side are the ungrateful people whom he has blessed. So he has a right to do a little thinking, and we have the right to look into his mind and to speculate as to what he is thinking. Could it be as he sits there waiting for the inevitable that he is saying to himself, "What a great spiritual victory has been given me! What a great revelation from on high, a revelation so great that I know that the words which I have spoken will never pass away. Some day men will remember them and repeat them, and these words will lift those who hear out of the grave of sin, disease, and death. "What a wonderful light God has given me! What grace I have received from on high that I should know the meaning of all things, past, present, and future. With this great light I have brought healing, consolation, and comfort, not only to those of my present age, but even ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...th_ The Easter of Our Lives.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:15- 118K
Find Similar Documents
I Stand on Holy Ground: Chapter 3, Meditation, the Door to Fulfillment
- ... If you cheat, steal from, or defraud another, which is certainly sowing to the flesh, that is what must inevitably return to you. But if you sow to the Spirit, if you permit love, justice, mercy, benevolence, and forgiveness to flow out from you, you reap life everlasting. It is the karmic law of ancient scripture. The bread that you cast on the waters returns to you. That is why you have to be careful not to send forth stale bread. Had we accepted the teaching of Jesus Christ on this score literally, we would have known hundreds of years ago that we dig our own graves by our conduct, by the atmosphere we carry with us, and by our attitude to others. What you do to others is the measure that returns to you pressed down and running over. You can think of it this way: the I of me is the I of you. When I take money from my pocket and give it to you, it is just as if I took it out of my right-hand pocket and put it into my left-hand pocket. It is earmarked for return, and usually with interest. The forgiveness that I ... Work, Not for a Living, But for the Joy of Serving With this assurance we can go out into the world, thinking only of how well we can do the job, of how many ways we can serve and be useful, whether to our employer or the public, of how many ways we can bless. If we can do nothing else, we can bring with us the power of forgiveness, so that wherever we see sin, disease, or death, we do not condemn but forgive. If we can do nothing else in our work, we can be a benediction at every step, by realizing, "God is with you. Immanuel, peace be unto this household. Peace be unto this business office. Peace be unto this customer. Peace be unto this client." Since supply is spiritual, we can give everybody an infinity of supply: a supply of life, gratitude, forgiveness, commendation, and a supply of peace on earth. Because we are the sons of God, we are heirs of God, heirs to all the heavenly riches. That is why we do not work merely for a living but for the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...on, the Door to Fulfillment.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:36- 124K
Find Similar Documents
I Stand on Holy Ground: Chapter 9, Cast Thy Bread on the Waters
- ... Everyone Has Something To Give There never has been an excuse for continued poverty, for lack or limitation. Look out at this world and see how much wealth there is on every hand. Many persons do not think so, but there is only one reason they are not expressing abundance. They are not giving enough, or they would be partaking of that wealth because nothing can be withheld from those who give. Lack or limitation is the experience of those who for one reason or another withhold or who accept the belief that they have nothing to give. There is no one who has nothing to give. Everybody can give forgiveness; everybody can give companionship; everybody can give some unselfed service. I do not mean service to your family. There is nothing unselfed or giving about that. That is personal and selfish, for your own good. I am talking about impersonal giving, impersonal service. With the exception of those who have been hospitalized with a long costly illness, there is no one in the world who ... You came into this world with nothing, and whatever comes to you comes from God, and whatever you have to give, share, and pour out is from God's storehouse, not from yours! Once you begin to perceive this, you will never be satisfied to tithe merely ten percent. It will increase to fifteen percent, twenty, and twenty-five percent, until the day comes, as it has already come in the experience of some persons, that you may be tithing eighty percent. God's law is giving; God's law is outpouring; God's law is expressing. You are violating God's law when you fail to do that. I am not referring only to money. Money is but one of the facets. Pour out forgiveness; pour out understanding, cooperation and, above all, be sure that you are not seeking to get something. You have to learn to do whatever you are doing without ever entertaining the thought of a return. In marriage a husband usually contributes one thing and a wife some other thing. It is a mutual giving. Everyone has a different idea ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ast Thy Bread on the Waters.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:37- 122K
Find Similar Documents
Invisible Supply: Chapter 10, Temporal Power is Not Power
- CHAPTER 10 TEMPORAL POWER IS NOT POWER To the transcendental consciousness, temporal power (whether it is of a physical nature or of a mental nature) is not power. The only power is the realized consciousness of the One Power and recognizing the nonpower of all else. When Hezekiah's people came to him and said, "The armies of the enemy are upon us and they are greater in number than we are," he replied, "Be not afraid! They have only temporal power, the arm of flesh. We have the Lord, God." The Master could say to Pilate, the great temporal power of that time, "Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from the Father." Take unto yourself the task of understanding what these two passages mean. Could you, right now, turn your face toward a hostile country and in your honest, open heart say, "You have no power over me," or, "You have only temporal power, the arm of flesh"? Could you say that and actually feel completely and perfectly safe? Of course not, and you will not be able to until you understand that temporal power is not power. To the degree that you attain a confidence and assurance in Omnipotence, you will know that temporal power is not power. The Principle of No-Power Some of you who have done healing work have achieved to some degree this transcendental consciousness. None of us has achieved the fullness of it, but everyone who has done spiritual healing work has been able to say to infection, contagion, or disease, "You have no power," and has seen them dissolve. Everyone who has been an instrument for healing has proven that in the Presence of God temporal power is not power. There is no power but the realization of God's Presence, and we have proved it in the knitting of fractured bones, in the healing of blindness and deafness. We have proved again and again that temporal power is not power. In the human world there are many temporal powers: those of disease, sin, money, politics, war, and so forth. If you pray in the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Temporal Power is Not Power.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:39- 131K
Find Similar Documents
Leave Your Nets: Chapter 2, Knowing the Unknowable
- ~ 2 ~ KNOWING THE UNKNOWABLE Truth is infinite. Yes, truth is infinite, but that truth is within you. Then, how great is your capacity? How big are you? Infinite! Infinite, because infinity cannot be confined in anything less than infinity. Because of that, the true nature of your being is infinite, and from the depths of your being, infinity must flow. Nothing can be added to you: not even truth. Therefore, the only truth of which you can ever become aware is the truth that is already within your own being. There are many ways of bringing truth to awareness and to conscious realization, bringing it into expression and activity. It is possible to retire to a mountain or a valley somewhere, take a little cabin for a month, six months, or a year or two, and just meditate day and night, and day and night, and day and night, remain alone, away from the world, carrying perhaps only a book of scripture, meditating, abiding in quietness and in peace, and praying and praying and praying. Eventually the truth that is within your own consciousness will begin to flow, to unfold, to come forth, and to reveal itself. In the end, if you are faithful and persevere, you will know all the truth that has ever been revealed since the dawn of civilization. That is one way. Another way is through following some system of spiritual teaching in which there is a teacher with a measure of spiritual consciousness who, through his written or spoken word, is able to open the consciousness of those who come to him. One state of enlightened divine consciousness can be to thousands desiring illumination what the sunlight is to the bud, opening it into the flower. "I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me." 1 "I, if I be lifted up" can draw all those who are searching and seeking to my level of consciousness. To no one does this apply more aptly than to the teacher of spiritual wisdom. The spiritual teacher can be a teacher only in proportion as he has received some measure ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...r 2, Knowing the Unknowable.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:40- 117K
Find Similar Documents
Living by the Word: Chapter 4, Easter - An Experience of Consciousness
- Chapter Four Easter: An Experience of Consciousness To think of Easter as commemorating the resurrection of a man who died or was crucified two thousand years ago is not experiencing the real meaning of Easter; it is not being conscious of its great significance. Resurrection is an experience. It is an experience of truth, and the purpose of the Master's resurrection was not merely to prove that he could raise himself up from the dead, because of what value would that be to us? No, it was to exemplify his basic teaching that the dead are to be raised, whether "dead" in sin, "dead" in lack, "dead" in ignorance, or "dead" in disease. The dead are to be resurrected, raised up into life again. As a matter of fact, the idea of resurrection is a part of the teaching of all mysticism, all religious teachings, and all truth-teachings. There are persons who are sick, sinning, dying, and dead, and without resurrection, that is where they remain. There are persons in the prison of their mentality, and without resurrection, that is where they are left. Eventually, all mankind must be resurrected, must be raised out of the inertia of humanhood which in itself is death. Simply continuing on and on in the same old pattern, this is inertia, this is "death." The Master proved that to be resurrected took something more than having twelve disciples around him, or eleven, and asking them to pray with him. There is more to resurrection than that. Probably many of those disciples were very good practitioners or healers, and although Jesus did ask them to stay awake and to pray with him, this did not result in his resurrection. In the end, he had to pray alone; in the end, he had to realize his own resurrection and ascension. Why was that? To understand the reason, we must begin with the premise that the crucifixion, resurrection, and ascension took place within his own consciousness. It is true that part of our resurrection comes because of the Master's experience and the experience of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Experience of Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:47- 123K
Find Similar Documents