The Early Years: Chapter 26, Universal and Specific Belief
- ~ 26 ~ UNIVERSAL AND SPECIFIC BELIEF Universal and specific beliefs must be handled until we reach a state of consciousness in which the continuity of good has been realized. Then our mental work will be lessened, as spiritual revelation takes its place. Outside of Christian Science, humans are born, mature, age, decompose, and die. (All in belief, under the mesmerism of the Adam-dream). In Science, we annul the beliefs and claims of mortal existence one by one, as they appear until, in a measure, the ordinary experiences of mortality leave us untouched. There comes a time in our experience when spiritual inspiration reveals to individual consciousness a state of being free of mortal conditions and beliefs. Then we no longer live a life of constant mental denial and affirmation, but rather receive constant unfoldments of truth from mind. Sometimes this comes through no other channel than our own thought. It may come from a lecture, or in a published article, or it may be revealed through a statement in metaphysical writings. Regardless of the channel through which it may come, it is mind revealing itself to individual consciousness. Then, be sure that until this light comes, you handle whatever universal beliefs present themselves to you. As individual consciousness, we contain within ourselves all that is necessary to our well-being. There can be no sense of personal responsibility, when we know that God, divine love, completely provides within us all that is necessary for our unfoldment. As we give up personal responsibility, we receive divine strength, desire, and ability to help all those who for the moment may seem to need us. It is the divine "I or us" that fills the need of the patient, families or friends. Never do they need the personal you or me. As to our being ready to work from the point of spiritual revelation, that is never a matter for human decision. You just work as it comes to you to work, remembering that the human mind is not the healer; that ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...iversal and Specific Belief.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:47- 59K
Find Similar Documents
1954 Infinite Way Letters: Chapter 2, Life of the Soul
- ~ 2 ~ LIFE OF THE SOUL There are two foundations upon which to build a House of Life; rock or sand. The house built upon rock is sturdy and enduring: a fortress, a refuge, a haven of peace. The "rock" is the constant recognition of the Presence of God, and this recognition is attained through the faculty known as Soul. The house built upon sand is always in danger of collapse. Living out from the level of the material senses, which shift and change as often as do the sands, is to live in constant peril of having the whole structure crumble about us. Living out from the level of the human mind, which is nothing more nor less than a state of hypnotism, is the source of anguish, repetition and failure. There is only one Mind, Divine Mind, infinitely manifest, but those who are ignorant of this try to limit the Mind within the mesmeric boundaries of the five physical senses. The human mind, which can only think in terms of good and evil, beginnings and endings, is the sandy foundation, the false premise. Those who seek solely in the outer senses are continually in a turmoil of unhappiness, restlessness and indecision. The mind must seek ever more and ever different plots, jingles and jangles, which quickly become stale and frustrating. It is living at this level of mind which compels them to force the creation and stimulation of pleasure, satisfaction and supply, and because these are always artificial, they are not lasting or real, and must be repeated again and again, until they no longer satisfy or profit. Living at the level of the mind, there must be a continuous round of new pleasures, new faces and scenes. There is never a truly joyous moment, nor are there periods of rest, relaxation, satisfaction or completeness. Until one reviews all this in his thought and realizes the continuous mental effort and strife there has been to attain a peace and satisfaction that has never come, one cannot change from the merry-go-round of the mind to the joyous realm of the Soul. ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Chapter 2, Life of the Soul.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:53- 82K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: August 17, 1963, It Is I: Nullifying the Carnal Mind
- IT IS I: NULLIFYING THE CARNAL MIND August 17, 1963 GOOD AFTERNOON. The work last night should provide you with a tremendous principle in the functioning of every detail of your life: in your family, in your business, in your profession. You cannot get away from the fact that the carnal mind is operating in every department of your human affairs. Therefore, just realize that it is operating, but always impersonalize it. In other words, do not try to find the carnal mind in "Bill Jones." It is always an impersonal operation even when it is appearing as an individual. On the human level it really is not possible to be perfect or to be all we are supposed to be. Therefore, when we are nullifying the carnal mind we are really nullifying whatever degree of it is still operating in us. If you were to receive a warning that, at 12:00 o'clock tonight, there was going to be a tidal wave, you would have to admit frankly that you would not know what to do about it. The fact is that you do not know, nor does anybody else know. If such a warning came, the only thing you could do would be to get very quiet "in this minute," go within, and keep listening until something within you acknowledged itself. There would be no possible way of knowing how or in what way it would appear; in fact we might all receive different answers. For one it might come as "it is I; be not afraid," or "I will never leave thee nor forsake thee," or "Fear not, I am with you." It might even be that you would not get a message at all, just a feeling of inner peace. Then, whatever was necessary would follow. It might be that the tidal wave would not happen; it might be that you would be led in some way to move to another part of town; it might be that the tidal wave would be dissipated. In some way the situation would be resolved. The point I am trying to bring out is this: When you are faced with a condition which you are not able even humanly to meet, there is nothing you can do except wait for the voice of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Nullifying the Carnal Mind.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:09- 104K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Healing: Chapter V, What Did Hinder You?
- CHAPTER V WHAT DID HINDER YOU? As children you have all played the game where you make chalk marks, little squares, on the sidewalk. Somebody chases you until you are inside one of the square boxes and you cannot get out until you pay a forfeit. Who says you cannot get out? There is only a chalk mark there to keep you in, but the rules of the game say you must remain there, and so you do. That is good fun as long as it is a game, but would it not be tragic if the other children went home while you were in that box and did not release you, and you felt that you could not get out of the box? And yet, all you would have had to do would have been to step across those lines. The Master, Christ Jesus, watched people imprisoned by "chalk marks"- multitudes of them. They sat crippled at the gates and in the streets, but he merely looked at them and said, "Wilt thou be made whole? . . . Rise, take up thy bed, and walk." And they arose and walked. They found that there was nothing hindering them: They were just obeying a rule of human life which says that under certain conditions or at a certain age a person may be paralyzed, and this they had accepted. Jesus saw the chalk mark there, and in his conviction that there was nothing hindering them, they got up and walked. To Lazarus, he said, "Lazarus, come forth," and Lazarus came forth. What was hindering him? The rules of the game of human life! So people will continue to suffer until somebody comes along who sees that the laws of sin, disease, and lack are chalk marks and, in his spiritual discernment, asks, "What did hinder you?" The Master told us that we must become as little children in order to accept the truth. Very often the reason for delayed healings is the spiritual healer's inability to be childlike enough to see a white chalk line where somebody else has seen a death date or has accepted a certain period as necessary for the disease to run its course. People see three chalk marks instead of one when it is an ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter V, What Did Hinder You_.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:32- 129K
Find Similar Documents
The Thunder of Silence: Chapter I, The Two Covenants
- CHAPTER I THE TWO COVENANTS For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman. But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise. Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar. . . . But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all. GALATIANS 4:22-24, 26 In our humanhood, we are sons of the bondwoman, in subjection to the flesh and its claims, in bondage to the things, thoughts, and activities of the flesh, whether it be this flesh of the body or the flesh called money or other forms of human living. Living in and through the flesh as the offspring of the bondwoman, we are under the laws of matter, the laws of economics, and the laws of race, religion, and nationality-under the covenant "which gendereth to bondage." The other covenant is that of our spiritual adoption, which comes through a conscious activity within our own consciousness and at a time when we are prepared for that transition, because the transition from humanhood to spiritual sonship is made only by Grace. When a person says that he would like to be a child of God and be free of the burdens of the flesh, usually he does not really mean it. What he means is that he would like to be free of the burdens of the flesh, but retain the pleasures and the profits of the flesh. It is for this reason that as human beings we cannot choose to be children of God. But there does come a time in the consciousness of every one of us-with some now and with some many lifetimes from now-when, through an inner Grace, we are able and willing not only to be rid of the ills of the flesh, but also of the pleasures and profits of the flesh, and to become acquainted with our spiritual identity or Selfhood, with that new creature-not the old one made healthy, not the old one made honorable, but a new creature which is born of the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter I, The Two Covenants.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:36- 85K
Find Similar Documents