The Government of Eden: Introduction
- Introduction H ISTORY SHOWS THAT the twentieth century was a time of both national and international upheaval marked by grave military, political, and social conflict of far-reaching consequences. While governments around the globe struggled at great cost with these overwhelming challenges, a few spiritually-illuminated men and women turned to a means of peaceful resolution, not on the level of strife, but on the level of grace and truth. One such enlightened individual was Joel Goldsmith: the mystic, healer, and teacher who traveled the world in the 1950s and 1960s revealing spiritual principles that he found to be practical and effective not only in political and social arenas, but also in the areas of health, relationships, finances, and business. Joel was not imparting theory, philosophy, or dogma, but divine laws proven to be universal and eternal, for the crises of his day were not unique to one generation or to one country. The issues facing the world in the twentieth century existed for eons and continue to confront us in the present age because, as Joel discovered, these are not problems in time and space, but discords in human consciousness. Joel never denied the difficulties of human existence, nor did he ignore the responsibilities of family life, career, or citizenship. He demonstrated a direct and successful way of dealing with our mortal challenges while fulfilling our secular obligations. Without overreacting to headlines, emergency calls, or personal commitments, Joel dealt with one demand after another-spiritually. Contrary to humanity's efforts to survive by force, Joel revealed a means to thrive by grace. This was a path to true freedom and lasting peace that was critically dependent on its starting point, which for Joel was always God. This God, however, was not a deity awaiting us in the hereafter. Nor was this God a supreme genie granting our prayerful wishes. Joel's constant and consistent starting point was the God of individual ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...rnment of Eden_Introduction.pdf
Modified: 2021-01-25 13:32:05- 34K
Find Similar Documents
1954 Infinite Way Letters: Chapter 3, Prayer
- ~ 3 ~ PRAYER Success in prayer comes only when we understand the purpose and nature of prayer. The centuries of believing that God sends gifts, and that God bestows those things for which we pray, has been the barrier to fruitful prayer. God is the gift we must be seeking. God is the substance of all form, and to pray for something or some condition as though it were apart from God, or something to be bestowed by God, is the very sense of separation which holds off our good. God cannot give health-God is the only health. God cannot send food and raiment, since God is the Bread, the Meat, the Robe. God does not give peace, security and safety-God is the only Peace, the true Security, the Fortress and the Tower. The Scriptures of the entire world say, "Seek Me." Seek not what ye shall eat or drink, but seek rather the Kingdom of God. Every mystic, seer, prophet, savior and revelator has revealed the secret of fruitful prayer, and yet, generation after generation, the world has prayed for things and conditions. We are entering upon the spiritual era of mankind when peace and plenty shall cover the land, even as mother-love enfolds the babe. The secret of life may be known through an understanding of the nature of God, since this understanding alone reveals the nature of true prayer-and prayer alone is the means of communion with God. To seek God as men usually seek Him is as futile as the worldly search for the Holy Grail or the pot of gold at the foot of the rainbow. The attempt to reach God through the prayers men have learned is impossible, since true prayer is not an activity of the mind, and therefore is completely outside the realm of words or thoughts. The secret of successful prayer is the understanding that prayer is the activity of the Soul and not of the mind. Prayers, recited, read, or thought by the human mind do not rise higher than their source, and any effect, even a seeming good, is but the effect of one mind upon another-a mental suggestion which has ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Letters_ Chapter 3, Prayer.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:54- 86K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: April 26, 1964, Access to Infinity
- ACCESS TO INFINITY April 26, 1964 Between Two Worlds Honolulu, Hawaii "TO BE POPULAR or not to be popular? That is the question." After a lesson such as we had this morning, it would be very easy to be popular because the message sounded so beautiful as it was coming through. It would be a simple matter to be popular by saying nothing more about it, but actually that lesson can only be of benefit in proportion to what you do with it now that you have it: "Between Two Worlds-Man of Earth, Man In Christ, Life By Grace," 1964 Oahu & Maui Series, Reel V , Side 2. Let us take the unfoldment about the source, divine consciousness, infinite consciousness being the consciousness of the men and women of the past, present, and future-going back six thousand years and looking ahead to the next six thousand years and to all the men and women who will appear on the surface of the earth. Then remember that the infinite consciousness of all the spiritual lights, inventors, composers, writers, is that same consciousness that has appeared on earth, will appear on earth, and is available to us on earth here and now. Remember that we, through our individual consciousness, have access to the infinite consciousness and that this includes not only spiritual wisdom but all of the wisdom of the ages: commercial, economic, artistic. If you go back to the wisdom schools of Egypt two thousand years B.C., you will read of the discoveries of mathematics, science, and all of the principles that govern navigation, and you will have to ask yourself, "Whence came this?" You will then discover that these men, living in monasteries with only blank walls and a very limited amount of writing material, brought forth these laws of mathematics through their hours and hours and weeks and months and years of inner searching. They were the very laws that were responsible for the road building, the palaces, temples, and pyramids which now exist in Egypt, India, China, Cambodia, and South America. Thousands of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...6, 1964, Access to Infinity.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:07- 97K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness In Transition: Chapter 14, A Word to the Wise
- ~ 14 ~ A WORD TO THE WISE ALL ERROR IS HYPNOTISM claiming to operate as your own thinking. As soon as you realize the error is not your thinking or that of your patient, you separate yourself from the suggestion and you become free. The act of recognizing the error-regardless of its form-as universal hypnotism or mesmeric suggestion claiming to act as your own thought or thinking, is the release. Only while the error is unrecognized as suggestion or imposed hypnotism, do you remain in the sin, disease or lack. Every claim of the body governing or controlling you, every belief of limitation, every appearance of sin or disease, lack or death, is but hypnotism claiming to act as your thinking. The realization of this truth is your remedy. Every claim or suggestion of mortality, even good mortality, must be handled in this way. These human appearances when seen as the activity of mesmerism must now be traced back to the one mind and understood as the finite sense of mind-life and mind's formation. This reversal of the picture and reinterpretation completes the treatment and reveals divine harmony where error seemed to be. To be a practitioner or teacher, you must in some measure have been released from this universal hypnotism so that you stand in back of this world as it were, and "see" with the un-hypnotized mind which is God. In this illumined consciousness it is evident that mesmerism, seen and recognized, is not power; it never was real power, but operated as both presence and power until detected and cast out through the realization of the Self as the all-power. Remember that hypnotism always appears as person, thing, or condition, circumstance or place. The wise practitioner is always able to see behind the false, finite appearance because he is beholding with the unfettered mind which is God. This is summed up for us in The Infinite Way, as follows: "The sense which presents pictures of discord and inharmony, disease and death, is the universal mesmerism which ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter 14, A Word to the Wise.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:21- 75K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Meditation: Part 2, Foreword - The Meditation of My Heart
- FOREWORD THE MEDITATION OF MY HEART Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer. PSALMS 19:14 Meditation is an experience, and inasmuch as this experience is an individual one, it can never be confined within the limits of any predetermined pattern. Meditate; pray; dwell in the secret place of the most High in quietness and in peace; and you will discover that the truth you are seeking already abides within you. Christ, the great light, is within you. Christ is the healer; Christ is the multiplier of loaves and fishes; Christ is that which supports, maintains, and sustains; but It is already within you. You will never find health, supply, or companionship by searching for them. These are embodied within you and they will unfold from your within-ness, as you learn to commune with the Father. You can draw on your Christhood for anything, and it will flow out from you to the extent of your realization of this truth. You are self-complete in God. Christ is your true identity, and in Christ, you are fulfilled in all your completeness. In this self-completeness in God, there is only one thing for which to pray; there is only one thing needful-spiritual illumination. Knock, and the door will be opened to you. Ask for spiritual illumination, for the gift of the Spirit, and God will reveal Itself as fulfillment. In moments of uplifted consciousness, the ensuing meditations unfolded from within, revealing the gifts of the Spirit. These meditations follow no established or prescribed pattern, but each one is an expression of the spiritual impulse flowing into form. They are not to be followed slavishly nor are they to be used as a formula. Their only purpose is to serve as an inspiration, so that you may glimpse the beauty and joy of this experience and be encouraged to undertake the discipline required to discover the unplumbed depths of your own within-ness and, in so doing, launch forth into ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... The Meditation of My Heart.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:31- 67K
Find Similar Documents
Leave Your Nets: Chapter 16, The Robe
- ~ 16 ~ THE ROBE As an initiate, you will wear the 'robe' of your 'degree' and carry the title of Initiate, leaving behind your family name, and your family and friends as well. Having pledged your allegiance to God and to the service of God, you have no other allegiance, obligations, or responsibilities. Having been accepted into the ministry of the spirit, you are released from the duties and works of the earth. In human existence, a man accepted into military service exchanges civilian clothes for a uniform, and gives up his name for a number. As a military man, he has but one obligation or duty, and that is obedience to orders. In return for this obligation of obedience, the man who wears a uniform drops all care and responsibility for his own support. Even the support of his family comes from the military treasury. Food, clothing, housing, reading materials, amusement, vacations: all these are provided for him. The soldier takes thought for only one thing: obedience to orders. All else is given to him and provided for him. In his obedience to orders, he forsakes family and community: mother, sister, brother, wife, and children, to obey the call and fulfill his duty of obedience. In the spiritual life, the initiate has been called to the service and life of the Master. Immediately, he is divested of the clothing of the earthly world and given the robe of his degree. He renounces family ties and obligations, civil duties and activities to be of the household of God, in service to the Most High. From this moment, the initiate is relieved of all responsibility for his personal care and support. No temporal power takes over this function. Now the infinite invisible which has called him provides all things. You now stand as the initiate, called to the service in the household of God, and you may look neither to man nor other temporal source for your care. Even as your spiritual meat, bread, wine, and water are supplied to you from the infinite resources of your Soul, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Nets_ Chapter 16, The Robe.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:42- 60K
Find Similar Documents
The GIft of Love: Chapter 10, Love Seeketh Not Her Own
- ~ 10 ~ LOVE SEEKETH NOT HER OWN Love has in it no desire for return or recompense, so if what you do has in it any desire for reward, recognition, or gratitude, it becomes trade, not love. When two persons who say they love each other take the attitude, "You do this, and I'll do that," that is not love. That is trade. Love is what a person feels and does without a single trace of hope or desire for reward. The best way to explain it is to think of what you do for your children. You certainly have no thought of doing for them, hoping for their gratitude. No, you do for your children because that is your function as parents. If you could extend that same attitude to all, you might very well find you would wipe all discord out of your human relationships. Does not the discord come because you expect something in return for what you do? In that expectation you are violating spiritual law. Everything that you are entitled to in life must come from God, not from man- everything. It should be your privilege and joy to do every job that is given you to the best of your ability, not for the reward, not for recognition, not for gratitude, but because the job is to be done, and the only way you can fulfill yourself is to do it to the best of your ability. Your reward, your compensation, and your life's harmony come from God, not from man. So if anyone withholds gratitude, recognition, or reward, he is not cheating you. He is cheating himself. Gratitude is one of the great attributes of love, and a person who is not filled with gratitude is devoid of love which means that he is devoid of God. A person who is not grateful, is not cooperative, or who does not share is never cheating the other person. He is cheating only himself. As far as you and I are concerned, what we do should be done for the fulfillment of God as ourselves. An employee who goes into his place of business, forgets about the boss, forgets about the amount of his salary, and does his job to the utmost of his ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...0, Love Seeketh Not Her Own.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:55- 69K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Interpretation of Scripture: Darkness to Light
- DARKNESS TO LIGHT UNLESS GOD shows forth our existence, we will labor in vain to make a success of life. So we take for a starting point the first verse of the 127th Psalm: "Except the Lord build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the Lord keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain." It is possible to achieve great things in life through human means. Men have become wealthy, risen to great political and military power, achieved great things with the human mind and will, but in many cases the results of human effort have not been permanent or have not given the happiness that was promised. Unless God produce for us, the product is apt not to be lasting or satisfying. When God produces for us our work is fruitful and brings happiness and joy with it. What is happiness? George Bernard Shaw writes: "This is true joy in life: the being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one. The being thoroughly worn out before you are thrown on the scrap-heap; the being a force of nature instead of a little clot of illnesses complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy." In his comment of Shaw's wisdom, John Mason Brown writes: "What happiness is, no person can say for another; but no one, I am sure, can be happy who lives only for himself. The joy of living comes only from immersion in something - anything - bigger, better, more enduring, worthier than we (humans) are. People, ideas, causes - these are for the one possible escape - not merely from selfishness, but from the hungers of solitude and the sorrows of aimlessness. Don't turn your back deliberately on the procession. Existence is a strange bargain. Life owes us little, we owe it everything. The only true happiness comes from dedicating ourselves to a purpose." Indeed, you are here as a part of a great cause. You are that place where God shines through. There is no way for God to express Itself finitely. You are infinite. In realizing your true identity, you have ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...cripture_ Darkness to Light.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:16- 88K
Find Similar Documents
Collected Essays of Joel Goldsmith: Business
- Business Business always seems to be dependent on certain conditions, circumstances and seasons, or on the good will of other persons. In the human picture business is affected by weather, finances, changing modes and fads, but turning from this picture we find that in reality business is the continuous activity of Principle; that this activity is infinite and harmonious, and that it is maintained and sustained by Principle itself. Christian metaphysics, revealing the spiritual nature of business, aids us to lift our thoughts regarding all commercial activity to the place where the true idea of business is apprehended. Every idea, and your business is an idea of Mind, is supported by the animating Principle of the idea. "When an idea begins to work in thought, it furnishes all that is necessary for its equipment, establishment and nourishment." -Adam Dickey BUSINESS IS AN INFINITE activity, is forever without limit, and is never dependent on person, place or thing. Right where you are, business is. It is a result of and resident in individual consciousness, because individual consciousness is the universal Consciousness individually expressed. If we go about our tasks doing those things that lie nearest at hand, with faith that there is an ever-present, invisible power which the Hebrews call Emmanuel, or "God with us," and which Christians call the Christ, our work will always bear fruit. This omnipresent and omnipotent power is the Presence of God prospering all right endeavor. It is only the degree in which we believe that it is either some personal effort of our own or another's, or that it is the good will of humans that prospers us, that causes apparent failure or lessening of fruitful activity. The prophet Isaiah clearly reminds us to "cease ye from man, whose breath is in his nostrils: for wherein is he to be accounted of?" The point to remember is that at all times, and in all places, there is an invisible and omnipotent power acting to support every right ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...of Joel Goldsmith_ Business.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:12- 81K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: September 21, 1963, The Adjustment Must be Made Within Your Consciousness-A Lesson in Secrecy
- THE ADJUSTMENT MUST BE MADE WITHIN YOUR CONSCIOUSNESS-A LESSON IN SECRECY September 21, 1963 Honolulu, Hawaii GOOD AFTERNOON. I would like to speak today about healing work. The minute you become aware of discords and inharmonies in any form, on the street or in the newspapers or in your family life, you begin to reach out for the healing ministry. You may not know how, but you are alerted, and from then on you will become aware of discords in the form of sins, diseases, lacks, inequalities, injustices and these are bound to annoy you. They cannot help but annoy you now, because you know something can be done about the errors and the inharmonies and the discords that you are witnessing. The question then arises, "Do I know enough to be able to help in this situation?" Actually, it is usually in this way that you are ultimately led into the activity of spiritual healing. In other words, you are becoming very much aware of the sins and the diseases and the deaths and the lacks and the inequalities and the injustices, and as students you long to be able to do something about it. I am speaking only to those students who have had the experience of witnessing the errors and discords in the world and then being puzzled about what to do about it. That is the beginning of the spiritual awakening. Until then, no matter how much a person is seeking truth, there is no spiritual awakening because the individual is only seeking a solution to his own problems. From the moment that a student becomes concerned about what he sees on the street or what he reads in the newspapers and wants to know what to do about it, at that moment the real spiritual progress begins. It is wise at that point to try to specifically do something about the errors of which you become aware, but it is important to remember that you are not to do anything outwardly, but you have to do something silently within your own consciousness. It might be compared to the experience of walking through a school ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...usness--A Lesson in Secrecy.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:21- 107K
Find Similar Documents