The Early Years: Chapter 21, Business
- ~ 21 ~ BUSINESS This is a word on business: "Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free," 1 and the truth that you must know is that you are already free. All business is God's business regardless of its nature. The only food there is, is the "bread of life" which God alone serves; the only water is the "water of life" which freely flows from God to man, and the wine of inspiration which has its fount in heaven. God supplies all these to his children (receptive thoughts), that he may be fully expressed. Drop the weight of responsibility from your shoulders. "Stand ye still" and let love provide the customers, the volume, and the profits. Allow no thought of competition to enter. You are not dependent on material conditions for your business. The lie of mortal mind is that you are dependent on weather, prosperity, surroundings, or no competition for your success. On the contrary, these are human thoughts and they are the weights which must be put aside. We are told to "lay aside every weight . . . which doth so easily beset us." 2 Prepare thought for the day's business and mentally invite the world. Know that love fills all space, that every corner of your world is filled with divine ideas that express joy, gratitude, and love. Keep thought away from transactions. Just hold to the truth that Christ has invited all to "come unto me"-be served of him. Do not give or receive "treatments" for the success of business, but know constantly that divine intelligence is continually expressing itself in your business; that divine love is eternally being manifested in it; that mind produces all the needed activity; that love supplies the currency; that principle is forever expressing itself in harmonious, active, and complete business. Let no thought of conditions, weather, competition, enter to mar your faith and trust in the fact that truth is now expressed as your business. As a matter of fact, truth is your only business, the embodiment of harmony, complete ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Years_ Chapter 21, Business.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:46- 89K
Find Similar Documents
The GIft of Love: Chapter 1, Love as Understanding
- ~ 1 ~ LOVE AS UNDERSTANDING We all want to be understood and to be understanding. Most of us wish that those we meet could see into the center of our being, could see what we have been from the beginning, but which no one has yet recognized-not mother, not father, not teacher. No one has ever seen what we really are, and it is because of this nonrecognition that we have worn a mask to hide ourselves from the world. If only the mask that is hiding you from me and me from you could drop from our faces, we would be like children, back in the Garden of Eden. Everyone longs to be understood, but most persons think that that means being known as they are humanly. That is not what it means at all. Those who believe that do so because they do not yet know that the Christ is their true identity and this is really what they would like to show forth. The Master Christ Jesus, too, longed to have his true identity recognized and understood. How obvious is his longing as he asks, "Whom do men say that I the Son of man am? . . . Whom say ye that I am?" He longed to be known as the Christ, but he could not walk out and say, "I am the Christ." Let us not hesitate, however, to say silently and secretly to everyone we meet, "Thou art the Christ, the holy one of Israel. I know thee who thou art." How do we know it? Flesh and blood have not taught us this, nor has the human mind revealed it. Only spiritual discernment reveals to us that God lives on earth as individual you and me. God has incarnated Himself as individual being. God the Father appears on earth as God the son. As we begin the practice of beholding the Christ in everyone we meet-in our household, our neighborhood, the market, the post office, the department store-the world will begin to present a different picture to us. People will act in a different way. The world will respond differently to us because the world will bring back to us what we have given to it. Whomever we meet, we meet in the spirit of letting God's grace ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...er 1, Love as Understanding.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:53- 80K
Find Similar Documents
Collected Essays of Joel Goldsmith: Salesmanship
- Salesmanship SCIENTIFIC CHRISTIANITY has revealed to human thought the present possibility of health and success. It has shown us how to think and live so as to individualize the power of Spirit, God, and how to utilize the laws of Mind with which to establish and maintain the harmony of mind, body and business. One of the outstanding facts learned through the study and application of Truth to human affairs concerns the subject of salesmanship. All our earthly experiences involve to some extent the ability to sell. Many are actively engaged in selling commodities or services as a means of earning a living. The understanding of Truth is of vital importance to these "ambassadors of trade," as salespeople are often called. We ordinarily think of selling as the disposition of goods or services to another for a sum of money or for some other form of trade. The best salesman is believed to be the one who can dispose of the most goods, or secure the highest prices for his product. These goals are attained in various ways, some of them ethical, others called "high-pressure salesmanship" which would not be considered in a business conducted according to the Golden Rule. The student of Truth would always be the most successful salesman if he rightly understood and applied the laws of Mind in his work. Christian scientific selling can never meet with failure. It knows no "bad seasons" or "rainy weather" or "unseasonable weather" or any other of the innumerable excuses or alibis that are frequently given instead of orders. The beginning of our understanding, or the starting point, is this: There is but one Mind, and this Mind is the Mind of individual man. Therefore the Mind of the buyer is the Mind of the seller; the Mind of the customer is the Mind of the storekeeper; the Mind of the designer, the manufacturer, the wholesaler, retailer and ultimate consumer is one and the same Mind, the ONLY Mind, individually expressed. The importance of this fundamental understanding ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...oel Goldsmith_ Salesmanship.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:14- 68K
Find Similar Documents
God The Substance of All Form: Chapter 6, Developing a Healing Consciousness
- ~ 6 ~ DEVELOPING A HEALING CONSCIOUSNESS Remember that the treatment is not the healing agency. The healing agency is the consciousness that is developed through the realization of the treatment. It is the Christ-consciousness of the practitioner that is the healing agency. Everyone has that Christ-consciousness as a potential, but it has to be developed, and its development is begun by overcoming in some degree the fear of disease and the fear or love of sin. Only that consciousness which has, in a measure, been purged of its hates and fears is a healing agency. People are drawn to the practitioner who has a realized Christ-consciousness, and that is why such a practitioner is so busy. Therefore, in the earlier stages of your work, treatment is necessary, or at least helpful, to lift consciousness up to the point of realization. By treatment, I do not mean any formula, any special words, but I mean realizing, no matter what the claim is that is brought to you, that right there is the wholeness, harmony, dominion, and perfection of the one God, and that harmony is, therefore, universal, impersonal, and impartial. God, the Only Activity When called upon for help where the substance of the human body seems to be involved, it must be clear that spirit, being the only substance, must be the substance and the form of the body, and spirit, being omnipresent, the perfect form also must always be present, regardless of the appearance. Spirit in all its infinite form and variety is omnipresent. While the senses say that the power or substance is in the form, spiritual illumination reveals that the power, substance, and law are ever in spirit. Let us assume that the claim is one of inaction or underaction. The bowels, the blood, or some other part of the body may be affected. Your first realization would be that all action is the activity of consciousness, that it would be an impossibility for the body to have either good or bad action because all action is the activity of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ing a Healing Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:34- 104K
Find Similar Documents
The Foundation of Mysticism: Chapter 12, Realizing the Principles
- ~ 12 ~ REALIZING THE PRINCIPLES Please remember, it is only in the first months or year that living the Infinite Way may seem a bit burdensome and difficult. Be willing, for the sake of its fruitage, to undertake some of the labor that goes with this work in the beginning. In living the Infinite Way you are doing two things all day long: You are doing protective work and you are doing treatment, or healing, work. You are engaged in those two activities throughout the day whether or not anybody asks you for help, and you are always using these three principles-the realization of one power, impersonalization, and nothingizing-as the major part of your work. From the moment you awaken in the morning, you are to do protective work. Now, don't think of protective work as protecting yourself from evil or protecting anybody else from evil. Remember, protective work is the realization that there is no power from which to protect one's self. Protective work is living in the realization that since there is only one power, there are no other powers to do anything or be anything. Any other suggestion is mesmeric influence, mortal mind, the arm of flesh, nothingness. Without protective work, even though you're not consciously thinking of accidents or discords or diseases or sins or temptations, you are permitting yourself to accept unconsciously, or subconsciously, the world's mesmerism, the world's hypnotic suggestions. In other words, this evil touches your life in very much the same way as subliminal perception operates. Something enters your consciousness which you do not see, hear, taste, touch, or smell; it enters in the form of suggestion, or mental imposition. You don't have to see a headline to know there is trouble in the world. You inwardly feel it. But even if you can't sense the trouble, you can tell it if you've awakened with a headache, or you've awakened with a dullness, or you've awakened with a sense of fear. None of this originates in you; none of this is part ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...2, Realizing the Principles.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:51- 107K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness In Transition: Chapter 6, Meditation
- ~ 6 ~ MEDITATION WE MUST CONSIDER MEDITATION at this point, because it will more and more play an important part in your life and, as a matter or fact, become very important. Meditation may be a practice that extends over a period of five minutes or five hours, or it can be an experience of seconds. To begin with, let us take up the subject of meditation as we would if we are not perfectly familiar with it. In other words, let's start in as if it were a new subject to us. Now, you remember that on the first night I spoke about beginning the day with that part of The Infinite Way that gives us instructions about waking in the morning, to be found in the chapter entitled "Meditation." I hope you have been religiously following this, because it leads to this idea of meditation. You see, the minute you awaken in the morning and realize, "I and the Father are one," 1 you are meditating. That is going within and realizing the inner reality of being, and that's meditation. Any form of going within is meditation, especially when you have something to meditate on, and you do: you have, "I and the Father are one." And even if you declare this only once with your eyes closed, you meditate on that particular idea. Now, if you sat down in your chair for a few moments and realized or pondered the idea that "the wave is one with the ocean, so I am one with God . . . as a sunbeam isn't something separate and apart from the sun, but really an emanation of the sun itself . . ." and so on, you were meditating. You see, there is nothing of a secret or occult nature about meditating- nothing of a secret process-nothing strange or mysterious. Meditation is nothing more or less than pondering some idea of universal truth. Now, let us suppose we are getting ready to leave home and go about our business but we want some meditation first. We are not going to take any of our problems into the meditation at all. Our meditation is merely the realization or conscious establishment of our unity ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...tion_ Chapter 6, Meditation.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:20- 108K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: February 24, 1963, Self-Surrender
- SELF-SURRENDER February 24, 1963 Halekulani Hotel SOMETIMES WE WONDER how it is that the message of the Master was lost. When we stop to think of the fact that he spoke to people who could not read or write for the most part, then we do not wonder any more. The miracle is that anyone remembered what is in the four Gospels, because they were written thirty years after the crucifixion. In other words, someone had to remember for thirty years in order to give us even the little that we have. I believe this is the reason we have so little of the Master's teachings. We today are in a different position. When anyone speaks today, their words can be preserved in writing, in recordings, and in so many different forms, that a message that proves good today should never become lost. For the past two weeks we have been on a subject, a principle of life really, that should change the nature of our lives- not because we have heard the message but because, in addition to hearing it, we have it on paper and this paper will serve as a reminder. The principle with which we were concerned last week is probably the most important principle in all mystical literature on mystical living. To hear it once is good but, unless it actually registers within us, it does not do too much for us. Therefore, the responsibility rests upon us to practice it, to work with it, and to meditate upon the principle until we are able to demonstrate it. Now let us go back to last week for just a moment. Remember that the principle revealed was the fact that spiritually we live in God, we are supported by God, we are sustained by God. I have an illustration. Some of you remember the hymn, "When All Material Streams Are Dry, Thy Fullness Is the Same." Many of us have experienced this. Through a deadly disease, or a period of lack or some circumstance of human relationships, we come to a place in our lives where there is no material help. Our back is against the wall. There is no human means of help available, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ry 24, 1963, Self-Surrender.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:12- 91K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Power of Truth: Chapter 6, My True Identity
- CHAPTER 6 My True Identity I AM INVISIBLE. You have never seen me. You have only seen your, or the world's, concept of my body. Me you haven't seen, for I am hiding behind my eyes. I have never seen you. I see out there only forms. I can't see you, because you're behind those eyes looking out at me, and I can't see behind your eyes. That's where you are-not inside your skull, but looking through those eyes. Now if you have pondered in meditation this idea: "Who am I? What am I? I do not exist in my feet. I do not exist in my knees, in my stomach, my chest, my head," then where do I exist? I search myself from toenails to the topmost of my hair and I cannot find me. I ponder and ponder, "What is this mystery of my true identity? Why is it I have always thought I was either of this body or in this body? Now I perceive that I am not of this body and I never was in this body. I never could be encompassed in a body." As you ponder that in meditation, sooner or later God will reveal to you the secret of that I-how you exist, and where, and when. Then you will know why I say, "Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God." It is not you that I am looking at but Thou, the I that you are-that which is looking out at me, that which is invisible. That is why I cannot visualize it and that is why I cannot imagine what you look like. I don't know what your form is. I do not know what your character or nature is as I look out. When I retire into the I that I really am, I can commune with you. I cannot see you with my eyes, and that is why I can't describe you. But I know you. I can tabernacle with you, I can commune with you, I can even talk with you. You may be ten thousand miles away, but I can still be communing with you because the I of you and the I of me Is all Omnipresence. Where I am, thou art. Wherever thou art, I am, for I am in you and you are in me, and we are in God, for we are One. You see, for all those difficult passages of Scripture, omnipresence is the word, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Chapter 6, My True Identity.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:21- 101K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: February 10, 1963, Beside God There Is No Other
- BESIDE GOD THERE IS NO OTHER February 10, 1963 The Halekulani Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii ARE THERE ANY QUESTIONS from the tape that you heard this morning? Are there any points that need clarifying? I know it was a very important tape. (1960 Denver Closed Class: Advanced Spiritual Healing Class: Protective Work.) Question: I am interested in what you said about the Christian attitude towards business. You said that John Wanamaker of Philadelphia started pricing at a set price and that this was a Christian way of doing business. Can you explain? Answer: There isn't anyone in the world who is not affected by business. When we speak of the right way of doing business, we speak of business on the basis of the Golden Rule, on the Christian-conducted basis. Before Wanamaker, no store ever had a set price. Everything was bargaining ability, so at first he nearly went bankrupt. People saw the price tags and then started to bargain. At first, when they were told there was to be no bargaining, they walked out. The closer you get to a spiritual way of conducting business, the more just and equitable a type of business would be conducted. In this present era, business is about as un-Christian as it could be; we have reverted to cutthroat business. Once you start humanly manipulating prices, you will find a hundred ways of manipulating them. V ery few people are paying a fair price for the merchandise they buy; they are either paying too much or too little. The same thing is true in the stock market where some stocks are too high or too low. It all comes to this: that individually we may attempt to live our lives in accord with a principle but not be permitted to while we are in an era like this where prices are determined by outside factors. If it is the law, then we have to conform to it. That is unfortunate for those who would like to live by principles. However, it would not prevent an individual's spiritual development. Everything takes place in consciousness, not what you do ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...eside God There Is No Other.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:11- 109K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: February 16, 1964, Your Door to Infinity
- YOUR DOOR TO INFINITY February 16, 1964 The Halekulani Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii IF YOU REMEMBER what we had this morning on tape number 4, side 2, Honolulu Infinite Way Study Center 1964, there is only one thing that can be added to that and I will not have to say too much about it because we had the subject recently, and that is secrecy. The vital art of this practice is the ability to keep it locked up within you and perform it and practice it without ever speaking of it to anyone. Never under any circumstances let it come through your lips until such time as you have completed the demonstration and are fully living in the consciousness that enables you to automatically turn within every hour of the day, every quarter hour of the day, and realize that right here where you are, in the midst of your meal, at any moment, you can turn within and you will be flooded with whatever you need: inspiration, light, wisdom, principles, courage, foresight, judgement, integrity. Whatever it is that may be the need of the moment, you just have to blink your eyes and immediately I have access to all that God has. When you are demonstrating this in your life and the fruitage is apparent, then you can begin to teach it and impart it to others, but not before. If you try to tell it or teach it before you have demonstrated it, you will be telling something to someone else that you have not proven; you will lose your self-respect by setting yourself up as a teacher of something you do not know, or pretending that something is a principle which you have not demonstrated. At first there will be those who will tell you that it is selfishness, that you must give everything you have. No! Just because you know about it does not mean that you have attained the consciousness of it. Spiritually, never give that which you have not attained. If you learn of a principle that seems reasonable to you, practice it until your life shows it forth. Then when someone is led to you, you can share it ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...1964, Your Door to Infinity.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:12- 95K
Find Similar Documents