Consciousness Transformed: April 19, 1964, Experience God
- EXPERIENCE GOD April 19, 1964 Between Two Worlds Honolulu, Hawaii WE ARE GOING to continue the subject "Between Two Worlds" and so, in your meditation, let thought go into that period between two worlds and see what kind of an unfoldment you can be aware of. The secret of the two worlds is buried within your own consciousness and, regardless of how much I may tell you about it, you still will not know it until you have received confirmation, instruction, or inspiration on it from within your Self. Please remember this: This Infinite Way message is unique in that it does not teach you to rely on the teaching, the books, or the revelator. The Infinite Way has a teacher and books and teachings only for the purpose of leading you back to the kingdom of God within your Self, so that you may be taught of God. Always remember that the world has lost truth because the followers of religious teachings have begun to let the Buddha or Jesus Christ or Paul carry on for them. Even in modern teachings there has been the acknowledgment that Mrs. Eddy and Mrs. Fillmore and Ernest Holmes were God- inspired, and then their followers took the attitude of sitting at the feet of the Master. To be instructed is right and as it should be, but you must not plan to spend your life there. The major problem in my personal life is that of trying to avoid any relationship between my students and myself or the students of our teachers, whereby the individual begins to believe that we are God-inspired and so "let us sit and partake of his or her light." That is good up to a certain point, but remember that we in The Infinite Way are not trying to develop a following, nor are we trying to develop fame or fortune. I at least, and some of the teachers who have learned from me, are trying (sometimes even against the pressure of students) to bring to you the awareness that you have just as much access to the kingdom of God as we have. If you want to heal, you can do as much as any of us have done. ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...il 19, 1964, Experience God.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:06- 98K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Unfolding: Chapter 7, Meditation
- ~ 7 ~ MEDITATION Meditation forms a most important part of our work. Although there are many ways of achieving silence and meditation, I have found only one way that meets my own need. I sit quietly, with my attention centered somewhere between the eyes and a little above, and take some word such as "life," or "God," or "Spirit," and ponder it. As my thought tries to wander, I come back gently to the same idea. I feel no sense of impatience with myself, no sense of frustration. No matter how many times the thought wanders, I bring it right back to that one word. If you try this method, eventually, you will find that outside, intruding thoughts do not come, and you are able to sit quietly in a peaceful state of meditation. It may take days or it may take months to acquire this steadiness of mind, but it will come if you have patience and perseverance. Do not try to remain quiet for more than from three to five minutes unless you feel like it. We are doing this only for a conscious realization of our oneness, or to make our contact with God. When we have achieved that, we have achieved our purpose. We are not trying to see "light," or to have "experiences." If they come, there is nothing wrong about them. The only thing wrong would be in becoming so fascinated with these experiences that we lose our way by making too much of them. After we have had our few minutes of meditation and have achieved the "click" or feeling of the presence of God, we get up and go about our business. If at noon, we find that we have a few minutes to use for this purpose, we repeat it; we do the same thing again at night, and in the middle of the night. Why? Because, ultimately, through providing these opportunities three or four times a day, meditation is going to become so much a part of our being that we shall be in meditation twenty-four hours a day whether awake or asleep. Then we do not have to go through a process of "healing" when someone calls upon us. We shall have been through all ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ding_ Chapter 7, Meditation.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:30- 98K
Find Similar Documents
Living Between Two Worlds: Chapter 11, Spiritual Supply
- ~ 11 ~ SPIRITUAL SUPPLY IN THE METAPHYSICAL WORLD, it is common practice to try to demonstrate supply, companionship, home, or transportation. In a mystical message such as The Infinite Way, however, this is an incorrect basis from which to work because a person is then working from the premise of I-have-not. That is virtually sin; it is acknowledging a sense of separation from God, from good, from completeness and infinity. We do not go outside our consciousness to demonstrate anything because the infinite divine Consciousness is our individual consciousness and embodies infinity. Therefore, we have nothing to do with drawing supply to us, but rather with drawing the indwelling supply forth from us. As long as we are living in a material sense of world, we will think of supply as purely material, which always consists of something external to us to be acquired: money, a home, automobiles. But in the real world of Spirit, supply is not external to us, nor is it ever to be acquired, attained, or sought after, because in the spiritual realm supply is what I am: I am the bread; I am the meat; I am the water. With no thought whatsoever of anyone or anything in the external realm, we turn within and commune with our inner being and abide in the realization of a completeness inherent in our Self. When we understand that, we can look at everyone and see how wholly independent each one is of the other because of the principle of Self- completeness. The one Life is caring for us and drawing unto us all that is necessary for our fulfillment. This Self-completeness which we are and which supplies us so abundantly is not really for us: it is poured into and through us as fruitage to be shared. Before we can begin to share, however, we must rise out of the material sense of life that thinks it must get. We do not have to acquire, strive, or struggle: we only have to stand still in the realization of Self-completeness and Self- containment. THE UNIVERSAL NATURE OF SUPPLY "I and ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 11, Spiritual Supply.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:45- 102K
Find Similar Documents
The Early Years: Chapter 22, Home
- Having no qualities underived from Deity, you have no traits, characteristics, faults, or habits to overcome, destroy, or change. Indeed, you are now the all-inclusive activity of mind, life, love. This is true of you and of all men. It must be equally evident to you that a collection of boards and bricks, even when formed into a structure called a house, does not make a home. That which makes a home are the qualities of life which we carry into it. Atmosphere makes a home, and atmosphere is created by our thoughts, our consciousness. A joyous home is one expressing the joyous thought and activity of those within its walls. To build the right sense of home, to secure a right home, to demonstrate home, is to begin within yourself. Ask yourself some questions: "What qualities must I express that will turn a house into a home?" "What qualities constitute the ideal home?" Soon you will realize that cheerfulness, joyousness, cleanliness, orderliness, brightness, hope, consideration of others, forgiveness, co-operation, beauty, grace, love, etc., these qualities expressed by individuals constitute and form that which makes a home. As you express these in your daily thoughts and acts, you are building within yourself home, and this will externalize itself in what we call our home. Whatever you wish to externalize or experience, must first be built within consciousness, then "consciousness constructs a better body"-a better home. Regarding civic duties, as students of truth we should be interested in city, state, and country, as well as international affairs. We should strive for betterment in every department of human existence, but I do not think (from our standpoint) that we are justified in directly engaging in crusades. Our spiritual and financial support, plus the moral help we give by attendance at meetings, is as far as it seems wise to go. We should keep our interests free from anything that impedes our spiritual growth. A period should be reserved each day to work ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...rly Years_ Chapter 22, Home.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:46- 87K
Find Similar Documents
The World Is New: Chapter 8, Tithing
- ~ 8 ~ TITHING SOONER OR LATER, we all have to learn the meaning and importance of tithing because this practice carries us to our highest sense of gratitude, and gratitude is one facet of the vast subject of love. Tithing is usually understood to mean that if ten per cent of our income is given to some charitable or spiritual purpose, we will in some mysterious way have pleased God and so will be rewarded. Personally, I think that this teaching is entirely incorrect. There is no virtue in giving when there is any sense of a future tense connected with it. If our giving, whether in contributions to a charity, a church, or to a teacher, carries with it any thought that we will receive some benefit from it, it is best not to give. Giving should always be from the standpoint of gratitude for that which already is-health, wealth, happiness, and peace. We cannot get health and we cannot get wealth, we cannot get happiness, we cannot get peace. Those things were established from the beginning. They are a part of the divine Consciousness, and they will unfold as our individual consciousness in proportion to our turning within for that unfoldment, and in proportion to our devotion to the spiritual sense of life. It is perhaps true that many of us are not yet at that point of consciousness where we are able to realize our oneness with God sufficiently to receive a spiritual message without mediation. And yet God needs no mediator. Because of our oneness with God, truth can reveal itself in our consciousness without any person talking to us or without our reading a book; but inasmuch as we have not reached that state of communion and conscious oneness, truth interprets itself to human consciousness as a book, a church, or a teacher, until the time comes when our conscious oneness with God enables us to accept truth without any human means. God knows nothing about human teachers or teachings, or human places of worship. If God had made our churches, none of them would ever have ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Is New_ Chapter 8, Tithing.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:44- 89K
Find Similar Documents
A Message for the Ages: Chapter 11, Guidelines for Spiritual Unfoldment Through the Infinite Way
- Chapter Eleven Guidelines for Spiritual Unfoldment Through the Infinite Way In most organizations there are rules which must be obeyed, even if at times better results might be accomplished in some other way. Since there cannot be one rule for one person and a different rule for another person, there has to be one rule which everyone must obey. In the Infinite Way, although there is no organization in the sense of a set of rules, it is possible to have a minimum number of rules and at the same time be flexible so that there are occasions when the rules can be disobeyed. To illustrate this, I have suggested that tape group meetings should be opened and closed with a meditation, with no discussion before or after. That is a rule, and if the leader breaks it, it will mean that he has no interest in a successful tape group activity because it is impossible to discuss truth. Truth is a subject that does not lend itself to discussion because truth is not human; truth is not something that is dependent on your opinion or mine. Truth Is God Revealing Itself In the class work there are times when a message comes through that I knew nothing about until the moment it came through. It may have sounded strange to students who heard it, and they probably would have liked to discuss it with me. There was nothing to discuss, however, because I had nothing to do with the message coming through except to be a transparency for it. There are many principles in the Infinite Way, but not one of them lends itself to discussion. I, myself, would not discuss them with anyone. I state them; the students take them or leave them, but I permit no discussion. This is because from the beginning of my work the principles that have come through have been proved practical and workable with me as well as with students. How then can I permit any argument about them? At one time a publisher wanted to publish one of my books and after having it read by a member of his staff handed me a couple of pages ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...nt Through the Infinite Way.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:57- 112K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness In Transition: Chapter 15, Seek the Answer Within
- ~ 15 ~ SEEK THE ANSWER WITHIN AS I TOLD YOU BEFORE, we are not here to have a good time; we are not here just to sit back and listen to a lecture on truth or to listen to a talk on truth. This is really classwork. This is really where you are supposed to go out knowing all that is to be known about the subject. I asked you, when we began, to release me from a sense of time and you have, so if it is necessary to stay here, that is all right with me. I want you to know that, so when we are through you do not feel that you are leaving with a lot of unanswered questions. There will be some unanswered questions in your thought and that is natural, because most of the answers are going to come to you in the weeks to come through your meditation. One of the things that you will learn here is that answers come through meditation. You can take almost anything you want into meditation and get the answer. You see, we know absolutely nothing about the meaning of the word God or Christ or truth or light or grace. What little we know we have read in dictionaries and books that men have written, and are merely faint tracings of tremendously deep subjects. Now, the individual who has had an unfoldment or revelation on some spiritual truth may be said to know that spiritual truth-at least as much as concerns that particular unfoldment or demonstration. But, when that individual comes to tell you about it, it is very apt to be secondhand except in some moments of our illumined consciousness when his impartation might reveal quite a bit to you. But to be on the safe side, let us assume for this moment that we know little or nothing about the Christ. Of course we know this much, that the Christ isn't a man. We know that the Christ isn't an historical figure; we know that the Christ wasn't born at a particular time or in a particular country or of a particular nation. We know that before Abraham was, the Christ is-and we know that even unto the end of the world, the Christ will be. We ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...r 15 Seek the Answer Within.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:21- 90K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: April 21, 1963, Resting In Consciousness
- RESTING IN CONSCIOUSNESS April 21, 1963 Halekulani Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii I THINK I AM GOING to make a suggestion. Mentally relax, and take the attitude that you are not going to try to understand what I will say. Instead, let my words be like seeds dropped into your consciousness and then let them mature. Get away from any mental efforts to understand, because I am going to try to say something that will not lend itself to being understood. Since this is just another in the long series that we have had, every one of these Sunday talks has been leading up to this, so that it will be a cumulative effect. It is not as if each one of these Sunday talks were separate and by itself, but they form a continuity and this makes a cumulative effect. Today should be a logical follow up and, since what has gone before has formed the consciousness with which you hear today, it will be better if you relax, let my words fall on your ears, and then let happen whatever may. You will not lose anything by it even if you do not remember, because when the seeds break open and take root, the message will reveal itself to you as if you had never heard it before. It is like a student who just wrote me that, after studying for ten years, he had had the most wonderful revelation that there is no power in effect. To him it was as though it was an original revelation and that is good, because it came from within and established itself. During all of these weeks, the nature of the message has been to reveal God as your individual consciousness. To be able to realize that enables you to sit back as comfortably, as joyously and confidently as a baby sitting on its mother's lap. You know the baby is in heaven because it has its only God right there. Its mother is that; mother is protection, food, clothing, housing, and she is love in every form. And so it is, to glimpse God as your consciousness enables you to relax and rest, and "live and move and have your being" in him. All the responsibility ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...3, Resting In Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:07- 99K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: March 9, 1963, Relationship of Oneness 1
- RELATIONSHIP OF ONENESS 1 March 9, 1963 I WAS JUST TRYING TO SEE if I could find any spiritual reason for celebrating a birthday or an anniversary. Emma and I have been celebrating ours with a little family group every year just as a matter of human enjoyment, but I have been trying to think if there would be any spiritual significance in a birthday or anniversary. For one thing, it does serve as an excuse for a group of people to get together, for it is a wonderful thing for people who are like-minded to be together in this way. Still the question is, is there a spiritual significance? The only answer that would come is for the sake of giving us an opportunity, just because we use numbers, to look back for a few minutes to see how we have developed spiritually in the last few years. What manner of unfoldment has taken place in that time, what sense of togetherness? It would serve a good purpose to see if the past years are unfolding in some beautiful way. I think the only purpose really, that I can see at this moment, is that you can ask yourself, if it is a birthday, "What use am I making of my years?" Yes, this just comes up in my thought: "Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon the earth, where moth and rust consume, and where thieves break through and steal; but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth consume, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: for where thy treasure is, there will thy heart be also." 1 From a spiritual standpoint it would make no difference in the passing of years, if we were using our time to lay up spiritual treasures. You can't take money with you, you can't take bank accounts with you and you can't take university degrees with you. It doesn't even matter if you have been president two or three times. The only thing we can carry with us is whatever measure of spiritual truth or spiritual consciousness we have attained. The same purpose is true on celebrating an anniversary. We would have ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., Relationship of Oneness 1.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:16- 95K
Find Similar Documents
God Formed Us For His Glory: Chapter 1, Introduction to the Spiritual Plane
- Chapter One Introduction to the Spiritual Plane The three dimensional world includes the physical and the mental planes of life, but the spiritual plane is the fourth dimensional. If we live on the physical level of life there are specific laws: laws of food, laws of diet, laws of exercise, laws of medicine, which must be observed or we may get into trouble. For example, if a person living on the physical plane of life were to remain sitting in a chair all the time, he would soon find himself losing the use of many of the functions of his body. On that level of life, it is important to follow some of the laws requiring intelligent diet, adequate exercise, and sufficient fresh air. Then there is the mental plane. The Master, Christ Jesus, admonished those on that plane that not only is the act of adultery a sin, but the very thought of it is, indicating that a mental activity is as much an error of life as the physical act itself. On the mental plane, too, there are mental causes for physical conditions, and mental science is largely based on that premise. If a person worries he gets ulcers, and if he is jealous, envious, or hateful, he may get a cancer, and if he is resentful, he may get rheumatism. An entire metaphysical practice grew up dedicated to the idea that if the mental fault could be discovered, physical ills could be cured. Later on, some forms of materia medica adopted the same premise that some mental activity within a person is responsible for a particular physical disorder in his experience. This idea has become the basis of much psychological and psychiatric practice, and has been so widely accepted that many metaphysical practitioners first try to find the error in a person's thought and thereby remove the effects from his body. If we are living out from the physical plane, it is wise to follow the laws of matter. If we have in some measure transcended the physical plane to where we have been able to accept life on a more mental level, it is wise to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...tion to the Spiritual Plane.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:31- 120K
Find Similar Documents