Leave Your Nets: Chapter 15, The New Discipleship
- ~ 15 ~ THE NEW DISCIPLESHIP There must come a time in the experience of every seeker when he no longer tries to gain anything for himself but rather tries to help reveal this Christ that he has beheld to those now seeking it who have not yet seen it. All those who are teachers or leaders have in a measure beheld the Christ, and the only reason they have turned to teaching or to the healing ministry is to reveal that Christ to the rest of the world. That is the function of everyone on this path. But it is not through the human mind that the revelation comes. There must be a deeper intuition, a deeper consciousness that says to us: "I behold the Christ. I behold the Christ, even though the world tried to crucify and place it in a tomb, put a stone there, and seal that tomb. Yet I see the Christ walking the streets." That is inner vision; that is spiritual vision; and that is the vision necessary for a complete and an utter reliance on the Christ. Nothing less will bring about healing, but when we have that, the Christ performs its function in the consciousness of both the teacher and the student. We cannot go out and give to the world what we have found of spiritual healing or spiritual living by talking or preaching it. The offering of the wine, the water, and the meat must be done gently and sparingly, permitting the other person to come in his own good time to his spiritual good. We cannot through preaching save the world, even though we have a principle that could and would save the world if the world could accept it. What we can give to the world, however, is our demonstration of God. By our fruits not only will we be judged, but will we create a hunger in the world for what we have: not by offering it to others, but by letting them see how we bear witness to it. If our faces show forth just a little bit of the glory of God, if our lives attest to the fact that we have found a principle to live by, then we may be assured that in the years to come we will reap ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...er 15, The New Discipleship.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:42- 105K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Power of Truth: Chapter 10, A Harmonious Universe
- CHAPTER 10 A Harmonious Universe THERE IS an ancient Hebraic belief that when the Messiah came, He would be a great and mighty king and general, that he would free the Hebrews from the slavery of Rome, and probably even free them from the horrible influences of their own Temple, their own ecclesiastical hierarchy. When the Messiah came-as Jesus-He said, "I have overcome the world." This must have been terribly mystifying to the Hebrews, because they were still under Rome and they were still under the hierarchy of the Temple. As far as they could see, the world was just as wicked as it had been before, and certainly it was just as rough on them as it had been before. The only things that He showed forth at all in His ministry to them were some individual healings and two or three feedings, which is not really great demonstration over a three-year period, if you are judging by these outer changes. So it is that we are very apt to think of God, or the Christ, as temporal power, and then try to send it out to do something for us, like changing the weather or stopping fires or bringing peace on earth. The longer we look in that direction, the longer we shall fail. The function of the activity of Christ is to transform consciousness. The outer world is only a product, or the added things, of the change of consciousness. In other words, if we have come to a place of peace with ourselves, between ourselves; if we have attained a state of consciousness in which we manifest love to each other-joy, gratitude, cooperation-it is only because we have had a change of consciousness to that degree. There could be no peace in the outer experience except in proportion to whatever change has taken place in our own consciousness. Instead of looking out and wondering what Truth will do for us or what this one or that one will do for us, if we are looking out in the sense of gratitude that we have a contribution to make in spiritual sharing, we have had a transformation of consciousness, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...r 10, A Harmonious Universe.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:22- 100K
Find Similar Documents
The Early Years: Chapter 15, One Infinite Life
- ~ 15 ~ ONE INFINITE LIFE We speak of "your" life, "my" life, or "his" or "her" life, whereas it is necessary for us to remember that there is in all the world only one life. This life is deathless, ageless, diseaseless, and changeless; it is the individual expression of that one divine life. In other words, our life is divine life individualized. It contains no element of matter, discord or inharmony, no decomposition or decrepitude. This life, of which we are the individual expression, is composed of the substance of spirit, is infinite, eternal and harmonious. "He that seeth me seeth him that sent me." 1 Whether we speak of you or me, we are speaking of divine life, individually expressed in all its harmony and perfection. This life is mind, and the faculties of mind are universally and impartially expressed through all of mind's ideas. Its faculties are never dependent on material conditions, or circumstances of birth, age or maturity. So let us learn to drop the "my" life, "my" vision, "my" understanding, "my" supply, and think in terms of life, vision, understanding and supply; and all of these as individually expressed through you and me. Intelligence, wisdom, vision, power, are not personal, but are impersonal, impartial and universal. In a universe governed by divine principle, man never leaves his state of peace, harmony, health and security. The law of spirit, divine principle, maintains man forever in his rightful place and condition of being. There are no material states or stages of consciousness for there is but one consciousness-spiritual consciousness-in which there is neither matter nor material beliefs. This is our only consciousness; there is no material substance, no material body, and in this consciousness man is found spiritual, incorporeal, harmonious and complete. Health, harmony, wholeness, is the direct result of consciousness. It is not dependent on mental manipulation but on our consciousness of the harmony, peace and freedom of all God's ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...apter 15, One Infinite Life.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:45- 80K
Find Similar Documents
The Mystical I: Chapter Four, "I Am the Way"
- CHAPTER FOUR "I AM THE WAY" One of the most important statements in the New Testament is the passage, "I am the way."1 The incorrect interpretation of these few words has kept the world in spiritual darkness for seventeen hundred years. On his understanding of that one passage hinges man's spiritual darkness or his spiritual enlightenment. That same passage of scripture correctly interpreted, however, can set the world free, but to accomplish this there must be the "ten righteous men" to show forth the correct understanding of the passage by their fruitage. The fruitage of spiritual enlightenment is freedom, peace, abundance-all that the Master meant to convey when he said, "I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly."2 When you personalize these words of Jesus and believe that they refer to a person, you are in spiritual darkness. Did not Jesus say, "I can of mine own self do nothing3. . . . If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true"4? Think of the degree of spiritual ignorance in which a person lives when he worships and prays to someone who frankly, openly, and honestly declares, "I can of mine own self do nothing. . . . If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true"! Rightly interpreted, the words "I am the way" mean what they say. The way, the truth, and the life more abundant are to be found in I-the I that I am, the I that you are, for you have been told that you and your Father are one. It is in that oneness that you find spiritual freedom, spiritual harmony, and spiritual grace, a life "not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit."5 I is the way, and that way reveals that "I and my Father are one6. . . . I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee7. . . . I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world."8 It is in this word I that you find the entire secret of the spiritual message given to the world by Christ Jesus, a message that is destined to set men free and break from them all shackles and all ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter Four, _I Am the Way_.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:31- 98K
Find Similar Documents
The Only Freedom: Chapter 10, Surrendering the Human Sense of Health Supply and Peace
- A Chapter Ten Surrendering the Human Sense of Health, Supply, and Peace lthough those of us on the spiritual path are to some extent the same persons we were when we first came to the study of spiritual wisdom, in some ways we have changed. We are now in a state of consciousness where we do not enjoy the same things we did before, nor are we understood by some members of our family and friends. As time goes on, this breach may widen until some members of our family become totally separated from us, and most of our friends will have gone their way. When that time comes, we either have no friends or we have made new friends on the spiritual path. When we are trying to live out from spiritual consciousness, we no longer see eye to eye with those deeply engrossed in material consciousness. They cannot understand us, and we cannot understand them. For example, at the first sign of a sniffle, some member of our family may say, "Oh, have you taken an aspirin?" Immediately, our inner response would be, "Now, what power would that have?" We forget that perhaps only a few months ago such appearances would have been all-power and fear might have arisen. Now we think, "I know those things are effect. How can one effect touch another effect? I have access to the source." How ridiculous that must sound to those who still believe that God is all wrapped up in an aspirin tablet! In the same way, many of the things of this world that formerly troubled us, no longer bother us. Many of the things which we feared, we no longer fear. Many of the things which we enjoyed, we no longer enjoy. Discord, Not God-Created We came to a metaphysical teaching of one school or another with a specific problem, and we learned a very strange thing. We learned that we had to deny that we had it. In other words, here we were very sick and in pain, and we were told, "Oh, but you must deny that. You do not have it." It seemed ridiculous at first, but after a while we came to understand what our friends ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... of Health Supply and Peace.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:35- 116K
Find Similar Documents
Collected Essays of Joel Goldsmith: The Easter of Our Lives
- The Easter of Our Lives IT IS THE DAY of the Crucifixion, and the Master is seated by himself somewhat apart from the people in the courtyard. Outside the gates the crowd has gathered. These are the multitudes whom Jesus fed when they were an-hungered; these are the people whom he healed of their diseases, of their sins, and of their infirmities. Some of them he even raised from the dead. Now they have gathered to make sure that he is crucified. They have been lulled to forgetfulness of the good that they witnessed in his ministry, and evidently their ecclesiastical authorities have convinced them that Jesus meant to destroy their temple, their religion, even their God. The fact that they saw the healings and experienced them is forgotten in the cry, "Crucify him! Crucify him!" The Roman authorities are much concerned, because they have nothing against the man Jesus; they have nothing against his teaching; and they have no liking for the work of the day. This the Master understands. He knows that on one side are the representatives of the Roman law, who have no desire to perform their unpleasant task, while on the other side are the ungrateful people whom he has blessed. So he has a right to do a little thinking, and we have the right to look into his mind and to speculate as to what he is thinking. Could it be as he sits there waiting for the inevitable that he is saying to himself, "What a great spiritual victory has been given me! What a great revelation from on high, a revelation so great that I know that the words which I have spoken will never pass away. Some day men will remember them and repeat them, and these words will lift those who hear out of the grave of sin, disease, and death. "What a wonderful light God has given me! What grace I have received from on high that I should know the meaning of all things, past, present, and future. With this great light I have brought healing, consolation, and comfort, not only to those of my present age, but even ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...th_ The Easter of Our Lives.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:15- 118K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness In Transition: Chapter 1, Spiritual Healing
- ~ 1 ~ SPIRITUAL HEALING PREACHING WITHOUT PRACTICE is one of the most deadly of sins, for we must practice what we preach. The first thing that we, as metaphysicians, preach is that without God there is nothing and we exemplify that with: "Except the Lord build the house they labor in vain that build it." 1 We do not use quotations in this work as quotations, and we must now break the habit of using them as such. You have heard people say, "I do not feel well." Then someone, maybe you, replied, "Oh, no! There is no illness." You did not mean it. You did not know it. They were sick insofar as their sense and yours were concerned. If you had had a consciousness of the truth that they were not sick, you would not have said a word, you would just have smiled. They would have said, "I Am well!" The same with the quotation, "Except the Lord build the house, they labor in vain that build it." A beautiful quotation, but it remains a quotation until you understand it. Here is what I mean by using quotations with understanding. We will start this class with that quotation: "Except the Lord build the house, they labor in vain that build it." Unless God is the mind of me there will be no truth expressing itself through or as me. Unless God is the mind of you, you will not even understand the truth that is being voiced. Since God is universal mind-since God is my only mind-the only thing that will be voiced in this room is truth expressing itself, God expressing and revealing itself. Since God is the mind of you, God will be revealing itself unto itself. Mind will be expressing its truth unto itself. Truth will not pass from me to you; it will not pass from God to you. The entire activity of truth will take place in the one Mind-the mind of me, which is the mind of you. Why is this the most important part of the entire teaching? Because I expect that from this moment on, every one of you will be called upon to do healing work. The first thing that you must remember is that you ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 1, Spiritual Healing.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:19- 129K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: February 9, 1964, Christ Coming Into Ascendancy
- CHRIST COMING INTO ASCENDANCY February 9, 1964 The Halekulani Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii IT IS PRESUMED that Jesus was admitted to the Order of the Essenes shortly after he was twelve years of age, or probably in coming to manhood in the Hebrew faith at the age of thirteen, and he was graduated when he was thirty. In all of the wisdom schools a normal period of study would be from six to nine years. You may wonder at that and why it is that our students go through a week or two of classes and then expect to be graduated as ministers or healers. The secret of course, is that it is not the knowledge that you acquire in class that qualifies you for a title or an activity, but the material that is given to you in class is meant to be the substance that forms the new consciousness, that which enables you to die and be reborn. This is illustrated in tape number 4, side 1 of this 1964 Honolulu Series, in which we have had a different unfoldment each week leading up to this last one-and yet all of this is meant only as the substance with which we are to work to form the new consciousness. In the First Degree, which consists of the earliest years in your wisdom school, you are taught a reliance on God. In fact you are really taught that there is a God, and you are taught the nature of God and the nature of your reliance. Then you are taught a moral code such as the Ten Commandments. Through this study and practice you learn how to love your neighbor as yourself by being honest in your dealings, generous, loyal, faithful, benevolent, forgiving. It takes several years of practice before you can really say, "There is greater integrity in my human relationships, family relationships, business and community relationships. There is a greater sense of benevolence and mutual helpfulness." It takes time to bring yourself to the top of that First Degree. Of old there was a Second Degree, which we can eliminate today because we are living in a state of society that embraces the Second ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...rist Coming Into Ascendancy.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:11- 93K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: January 26, 1964, Meditation: God Fulfilling God
- MEDITATION: GOD FULFILLING GOD January 26, 1964 YOU NOTICE THAT I have a meditation before I talk, and one thing you can be sure of is that I am not meditating for myself. Meditating almost day and night for some part of every hour, my own needs and the needs of The Infinite Way are well taken care of. Therefore my attitude is usually this: Whether there are just two or three or four of us meditating together, whether I am meditating for this Sunday noon group, for our Sunday morning group, or for any lecture or class, the object of meditation is the realization of the Presence. What I would like you to see is this: Right now there are twenty-four of you sitting here in front of me, and since I do not have the faintest idea of what you may need or desire, the only way in which I can pray for you, meditate for you, is to forget you individually and collectively as people-forget your needs or your desires-and turn in for a realization of the Presence, for the realization of divine grace. As I succeed in attaining that awareness, the presence of God is consciously realized and then every one of you who is receptive to the will of God must find yourself benefitted in some measure. This would probably not be true if you were outlining the form that God's grace should take. If you were expecting God to remove your pains, your sins or your lacks, perhaps you would not receive anything from my meditation. If your desire was also for divine grace and you had completely wiped out of your thought any form of grace that you wanted to receive, you would then be receptive to the Presence that I had realized, and you would receive God's grace in some form. It may not be in the form which you expect, because as a rule we entertain our own opinions or concepts of what constitutes fulfillment. We do not sufficiently believe that the kingdom of God is utterly different from what the Master called "this world," and even when our students pay lip service to the statement "My kingdom is ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...itation_ God Fulfilling God.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:13- 69K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: May 12, 1963, We Are Guests of Life
- WE ARE GUESTS OF LIFE May 12, 1963 Princess Kaiulani Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii THERE IS A PRINCIPLE OF LIFE not yet known to the world, but known to you through your studies of The Infinite Way. The effects of this principle have been known throughout all known time, but the principle itself has not been known. It is for this reason that, in reading history, you read of events that took place but you have no knowledge of what brought them about or how they came into being. An illustration of that is our Civil War. If you were to read the history books, you would believe that somebody so loved the Negro race that they were willing to die to free them, and somebody will point to Harriet Beecher Stowe and her Uncle Tom's Cabin. Others will tell you of the commercial war between New England and the Southern States and none of these are mindful of the fact that, starting with the Magna Carta of England on through the French, American, and Brazilian revolutions, consciousness had been aroused to this idea of freedom, liberty, equality, and justice. All of these events were but the out-picturing of a changed state of consciousness. You can go all the way back to Greece, the first country that ever experimented with the idea of freedom, and find how this longing in consciousness spread as if by subliminal perception and brought about the wars and agreements culminating in more and more freedom for people. The selfishness of the average human being who has been brought up on the theory that "self preservation is the first law of human nature" is such that each tries to struggle to hold onto what he has, and perhaps get a little bit more. Therefore, the process of consciousness coming into expression in changing forms-better forms-is a slow one; and in the field of religion, the world has been more backward than in any other field of human experience. Until after the middle of the 19th century, religion was a total state of darkness and ignorance, almost without even the tiniest ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...1963, We Are Guests of Life.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:19- 106K
Find Similar Documents