Consciousness Transformed: July 7, 1963, Meditation Is the Key
- MEDITATION IS THE KEY July 7, 1963 Princess Kaiulani Hotel GOOD AFTERNOON. The entire secret of The Infinite Way lies not in the books, but in meditation. In fact the secrets of life or the mysteries of life are not to be found in any book or in any message. If messages alone could give us the secrets of life, then Lao-Tzu, Buddha, Jesus, John, Paul, or Shankara have given us all of the secrets that have ever been revealed or perhaps ever could be revealed; but unfortunately, as Paul wrote: "The natural man receiveth not the things of God." 1 The natural man, the creature, is not under the law of God and that is why no message can reveal truth to you until such time as you are no longer the natural man, but have become the child of God-until you have attained spiritual discernment. There is not any message that can reveal its secret to you. There are people who have found a higher lifetime of joyous freedom through Christian Science, through Unity, through The Infinite Way. Why then has not everybody who has read their books attained this same freedom, and the answer is this: The secret is not in the books, the secret is within you and until you discover the secret within you, you cannot find it in any books. The kingdom of God is within you. What is the kingdom of God, the realm of God? The consciousness of God, God-consciousness-this is the kingdom of God, this is the realm of God. The kingdom is not a temporal one. It is not built with streets, houses, or temples. The kingdom of God is a "Temple not made with hands, eternal in the heavens." 2 The kingdom of God is "neither lo here nor lo there." It is not up above you, nor beside you, nor beneath you. It is actually your own consciousness. This is heaven-this is the kingdom of God-this is the realm of God-and it is the only place in which you will ever find God. Do not look for God in a book or in a holy temple or in a holy man or a holy woman. This is folly. The kingdom of God is consciousness, but there is no ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...1963, Meditation Is the Key.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:14- 111K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: May 10, 1964, Omnipresence
- OMNIPRESENCE May 10, 1964 RELAX AND LET the mental strain fall away, because we wish to be transparencies through which the Spirit can flow. Remember you are not here to get anything. When we have large lecture audiences, it is to be expected that many people come to receive something or to gain something or to learn something. This is legitimate, just as it is legitimate when we first come to a metaphysical teaching to seek something in the outer realm: better health or increased supply or improved relationships. However, in a small group of this nature, you have learned at least in some measure that anything you are going to get is only in proportion to the flow of the spirit. Therefore, your mind should not be on achieving something or on learning something, but rather resting in the assurance that there is a spirit in man. Let this spirit flow, and the spirit that flows through you will feed you; but it will do something far more than that, because it will feed each one of us. What feeds me will continue to feed you; what feeds you will continue to feed me. What feeds us will feed those in this room and, because the flow of spirit cannot be limited or stopped, it will continue to flow out of this room into the world. Just as the life of the tree not only feeds the tree but produces fruit on the tree, so it is in our spiritual life. We no longer think in terms of feeding "me and my family," but we let it produce enough fruit to feed the world. Relax and take this as a law to remember: The only tension there is in meditation is when you are trying to get something. The moment you release the desire to get, you will relax. A little now about our trip. In Portland, Seattle, and Chicago, Mrs. Daisy Shigemura of Hawaii, Mrs. Eileen Bowden of Canada, Miss Lorene McClintock of New York, Mrs. Virginia Stephenson of California, and Miss Lorraine Sinkler of Chicago will be conducting Infinite Way teacher classes on meditation, spiritual healing, and ways and means of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... May 10, 1964, Omnipresence.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:19- 115K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Unfolding: Chapter 6, Lifting of Consciousness
- ~ 6 ~ LIFTING OF CONSCIOUSNESS The knowledge of the letter of this message, alone, is valueless. The real value lies in spiritual realization, accompanied by healing. "By their fruits ye shall know them." 1 To be able to memorize and talk about the Infinite Way, and yet not to be able to perform a reasonable degree of healing work, serves little purpose. There is already too much writing and printing of books, and, according to Scripture, too much talking about truth. Those who carry on this work must be those who have some measure of realization, who are not afraid when called upon to give help, and who can bring out healings. The world does not need any more teaching: It does need more healing. Ours is, and will continue to be, a healing ministry, as long as those who are carrying on this ministry have caught enough realization of truth to do healing work. Some day people may read the Infinite Way books, and talk or preach about them, and then reply, when asked about healing, "Oh, that happened in Joel Goldsmith's own time, when he was still around." That is what we want to avoid. We want each one to catch the spiritual vision, and to go forth and do likewise. There is enough spiritual reading in your Bible so that no words of mine are necessary. The Gospel according to John is enough. No other book is really necessary. If you could catch the spiritual vision of that book, you would need no metaphysical books. It is the most spiritual writing known to man. There is enough truth in it for all the healing ministries that will ever be called forth by human need. But the writings of today, because they are in our language and of our day, clarify those older writings. For that reason, our study and practice are made easier if we utilize the more recent interpretations. When I say that only those should become active in this work, who are willing to be called upon for healing, I mean that we want to be doers; we do not want simply another generation of preachers. No ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...6, Lifting of Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:30- 121K
Find Similar Documents
Man Was Not Born to Cry: Chapter 7, The Power to Become the Son of God
- ~ 7 ~ THE POWER TO BECOME THE SON OF GOD Life is a matter of individual demonstration. Hundreds of persons may be exposed to the same truth, but only a few will benefit from it. The words each person reads may be the same, and the consciousness back of those words the same, but the difference lies in individual receptivity and individual responsiveness to the spiritual word. The benefit derived by any person results by virtue of some active receptivity within him. Those of you who have had experience in the healing work must realize this. If ten patients come into your orbit in a single day and you give the same degree of integrity to each one, the same understanding, consciousness, and faithfulness in treatment, one of them may receive an instantaneous healing; three, very quick healing; three, long drawn out and protracted healing; and others, no healing. Why is that? In every case, the treatment was equally able and faithful, so what is the difference? The difference is in the degree of spiritual receptivity in the consciousness of the person who is seeking your help. He may have it in great or slight degree, or he may have no spiritual receptivity whatsoever. That is no reason for criticism or praise because no one is responsible for the degree of his receptivity or spiritual integrity. That is a matter over which he has no control. Some people have come into this world more spiritually blessed and more spiritually receptive than others, whereas some have come into this world more materialistically inclined, and they, therefore, will have a greater struggle developing the necessary spiritual receptivity and responsiveness. When a practitioner begins to work with a patient or student, it is not possible to know whether he will have an instantaneous or a slow healing because the practitioner does not know the factors that are involved. He does not know what there is in the patient's consciousness that may be blocking the message or preventing the spiritual ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...er to Become the Son of God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:57- 128K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Interpretation of Scripture: Treatment
- TREATMENT NO ONE has a personal message. There is no such thing as a messenger of God. God is His own messenger and He appears to human consciousness at that moment's demonstration. He has appeared as many great thinkers and always in the way that you, as a human person, can comprehend. Every one of us, whether in the business or professional world or any of the arts is trusted with a doctrine not our own. Originality of ideas is not ours; it is God, individual Mind. There is a fullness and completeness awaiting each person. We are here as the presence of God, fulfilling God's destiny. Every one is an individualization of the infinity of God. No one can be without opportunity. One of the greatest lessons in this connection is found in the Bible, I Kings 19. Elijah, the only prophet not slain, has fled for his life and is hiding in a cave. The hopelessness of the situation seems to overwhelm Elijah. Here he is the only prophet of God left; his people have forsaken the covenant and have thrown down the altars. To Elijah there certainly seemed to be no opportunity left for him but to die. But in turning to God, what were his instructions? "Go, return on thy way . . . I have left me seven thousand in Israel, all the knees which have not bowed unto Baal, and every mouth which hath not kissed him." So it is with each one of us. There is never a lack of opportunity when it is seen as God's opportunity of presenting Himself to the "seven thousand" that He has saved out for Himself. Then there is no need for envy, jealousy, rivalry or competition, because there is an infinity of good which God has saved out for Himself. The moment you present God, the audience is universal. We learn to let good, let Mind, assume its responsibilities. As we learn to listen for that still, small voice, we, too, will be led to where our work, recognition and compensation are to be found. Cultivate the consciousness of the presence of God every moment. Until you begin to see God in every form ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ion of Scripture_ Treatment.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:19- 108K
Find Similar Documents
The Altitude Of Prayer: Chapter 5, God Is Omnipotent
- ~ 5 ~ GOD IS OMNIPOTENT IF WE EVER HOPE to reach the height of prayer, a further preparatory step must be taken, without which there is no way to receive God or to remove the barrier that has heretofore separated us from the kingdom of God. That step is to know that God is the only power and that there is no more power in mind or thought than there is in matter, and we must know why. We can use the mind for good or we can use the mind for evil-it all depends upon our nature. We can use our thoughts to heal or to malpractice. We can use the power of mind to give a person his freedom or to dominate him and hold him in slavery. Look around the world and see if there are not some persons being held in religious ignorance and superstition. And are not whole nations being held in slavery through the mental power of false ideologies? Does not the advertising world in many cases use the power of mind and thought falsely and ignorantly to catch our unwary dollars? When we begin to see these things, then we can understand that mind and thought with their good and evil are not of God. Because they are not of God, they are not power. Only God, Spirit, is power, and besides Spirit there is no other power. All of us have probably given treatments and watched colds, flu, and dozens of other things dissolve just by knowing that there are no material powers. Now go further and release people from cancer, tuberculosis, and polio by knowing that the son of God is not held in any mental bondage, and that there is no superstition, fear, or ignorance to hold him in slavery. This universe is governed by law; Spirit is the only lawgiver; and the only law with real power is spiritual law. Thank You, Father, that You are Spirit and that Spirit is the only power. There are no powers on earth for You to destroy, for You to overcome, for You to remove. Your law alone is power, and Your law is a spiritual law governing all creation. I am not turning to You to destroy evil: I am turning to You in ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 5, God Is Omnipotent.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:25- 118K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Meditation: Chapter XVII, Illumination, Communion, and Union
- CHAPTER XVII ILLUMINATION, COMMUNION, AND UNION Meditation leads to that illumination which becomes first, communion with God, and finally union. Illumination is an individual experience. In no way is it related to any outward observance or form of worship; it is entirely dependent upon the realization of our relationship to God. It is an experience which takes place within ourselves separate and apart from every other person. It cannot be shared with anybody-husband, wife, child, or trusted friend. It cannot be sought in the company of others. No two people can seek it together. Each must retire to the inner sanctuary of his own being and find his God-experience there. In a measure, it is possible to share our unfoldment with others who are either illumined or who are on the path of illumination, but let us always remember, a God-experience is an individual one. If it were to come to us in the midst of thousands of people, it would still remain a solitary experience. There can be no partner in this experience. We can share the unfolding truth which may lead others to the experience and, if we have a sufficient degree of enlightenment, we may help to lift them to the point where they also can experience God. Further than that we cannot go; the experience, itself, must take place within them. No one should attempt to teach or share the truth which has been revealed to him, until he has let it work within his own consciousness and has, thereby, achieved a measure of light. After that he will be directed as to how, when, where, and under what circumstances he should share this revelation. God will make known the part he is to play and the way in which he is to play it. Illumination is possible to every individual in proportion to the intensity of his desire for it; but while he is striving to make the God-contact, he would do well to keep that first spark hidden from the world, until it is kindled into a flame. After the first glimmerings of illumination, the wise ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ation, Communion, and Union.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:31- 76K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Healing: Chapter VIII, Treatment Is a Realization of Omnipresence
- CHAPTER VIII TREATMENT IS A REALIZATION OF OMNIPRESENCE Many people are puzzled as to how the patient, rather than one hundred million other people, receives the benefit of a treatment if it is not necessary to know his name or his condition and if neither of these is taken into a treatment. The answer is found in the basic principle of oneness. The particular patient who has asked for help receives that help because he has reached out to the consciousness of the practitioner who understands that there is not a patient-consciousness, a practitioner-consciousness, and a God-consciousness: There is only one Consciousness-God-consciousness. When a patient turns to a truly dedicated God-conscious practitioner, he makes himself a part of that practitioner's God-consciousness. Furthermore, a person may ask for help for his child, his parents, his pet poodle, or for his crops, and in so doing he brings them to the one infinite divine Consciousness which the practitioner is. Strangely enough, a person who does not bring himself to this Consciousness may sit with his ills in the same room right next to the practitioner year in and year out and receive no benefit. Jesus walked up and down the Holy Land for three years, every day encountering the sick and the sinning, but only to those who came to him begging, "Master, Master, heal me," did he rum and say, "Do you believe that I can do this?" Only those who brought themselves into the consciousness of the Master, only those who were a part of the multitude that sat at his feet, only they received the benediction of his great blessing. Nearly everyone is surrounded with people who are in need of healing of one kind or another, and this poses the question as to what responsibility rests with a person regarding those who come within his orbit. Should treatment be withheld until help has been specifically requested? What about those in the world he sees around him who are in need of healing? Is he his brother's keeper? Such ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Realization of Omnipresence.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:33- 109K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Living: Chapter 2, Remolding Consciousness
- Chapter Two Remolding Consciousness When the first railroad trains ran from New York to Philadelphia, their speed was about twenty-five miles an hour. In one of the medical journals of that day, a doctor wrote that traveling at such a speed should be stopped by legislation because the human body could not tolerate a speed of over twenty-two miles an hour and, by continuing such a practice, our population would be killed off. As short a time ago as in my boyhood days, Barney Oldfield made his reputation as a daredevil racing driver by driving an automobile at fifty-five to sixty miles an hour. Recently we have broken through to another dimension where it is taken for granted that men can fly three times around the earth in an afternoon. Each one of these steps involved a change of consciousness, first on the part of those who had the vision to go into uncharted areas of consciousness relative to time and space, and then on the part of the entire public in being able to follow them. We were born into a state of consciousness that accepted two powers, that accepted evil as a power and good as a power, and we have become accustomed to the idea that evil is considerably more powerful than good. We are not nearly as expectant of being healed as we are of being sick. We are not nearly as expectant of prosperity as we are of long periods of lack of prosperity. We tend to succumb to the belief that prosperity is too good to be true. What is too good to be true? That good should be greater than evil? Does this seem too good to be true? Through the newly-discovered mental sciences, there have been numerous proofs in this century that good is more powerful than evil. There probably are a million or more people in the world who believe that good is more powerful than evil and that good can overcome evil. Hardly had this state of consciousness been reached when along came the Infinite Way which teaches that we must leave behind the belief that good is more powerful than evil. We ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... 2, Remolding Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:35- 120K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: April 1958, The Message of Easter I Have Over Come The World
- ... It is essential that we do not hasten past this unfoldment until we have thoroughly learned that our health, our supply, and the harmony of our human relationships are not dependent on human effort alone or human wisdom alone or on physical power, as we have believed because of our experience in the human scene; but rather that every word of God, entertained in our consciousness, eventually becomes the harmony of our daily experience. Now we learn the true meaning of Jesus' words, "I have meat to eat that ye know not of." 6 Understanding the word of God, and abiding in this Word and letting this Word abide in us, we have an inner substance, an inner source of good, an inner healer and saviour- the meat that the world knows not of. We crucify human fears and doubts when, instead of rushing about madly and, with worry and concern, undertaking the tasks of each day, we can relax in the realization: "I am the bread and the wine and the water. All those things the world feverishly seeks through anxious thought and much physical labor are already mine." We relax in God's assurance, "Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine." 7 Here too, is crucifixion in another form, the crucifixion of unrest, distrust, and burdensome labor. Pondering the Master's message of forgiveness so often repeated in the Gospels-the message of forgiving "seventy times seven" all those who abuse us, and forgiving even to the extent of praying for those who persecute us and deal unjustly with us-we further learn that, in the degree in which we put this message into practice, do we crucify our hate, prejudice, bigotry, and our fear of our fellow-man. Meditating deeply upon the message of the Master, which reveals that it was his mission, the Christ-mission, to heal the sick, raise the dead, open the eyes of the blind, and open the ears of the deaf, we realize that this He, who says, "I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. 8 . . . I am with you alway, even unto the end of the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... I Have Over Come The World.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:57- 149K
Find Similar Documents