Consciousness Transformed: March 31, 1963, My Consciousness
- My CONSCIOUSNESS March 31, 1963 Halekulani Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii I WAS VERY MUCH SURPRISED when I came in today and saw so many of you greeting me as if you knew me, because I am not the same fellow I was yesterday. Appearances must be very deceitful because the Joel of yesterday is gone. So this may not be a talk but a soliloquy. Up to yesterday I had been saying in my correspondence with some who know me very well that all of the inner unrest in me is because my song has not yet been sung-but my song now has been sung. Last night I sat up reading the chapters of the new book and it is all there, so from now on I am a retired gentleman of leisure! As you again go over the tapes and the writings of the past fifteen years, you too will find that it is all there. You just have to separate the metaphysics from the mysticism, and you will find that it is all there on both subjects. To begin with, you note in the writings and in the recordings that attention is called over and over again to the statement that our principal task is to know the nature of God, "whom to know aright is life eternal." You cannot possibly realize how true this is until you catch the first glimpse of the nature of God, not intellectually but in your heart. Then you will be able to look up and out at this world and say, "No wonder you have had such horrible troubles all of these centuries because you have never known God." No one would ever pray to God if they knew God or knew the nature of God, and I mean pray in the way in which orthodox people have been taught to pray and the way in which metaphysicians have been taught to treat. What makes it so difficult is that regardless of what our religious background has been or has not been, we still think of God consciously or subconsciously or unconsciously as if there were a God separate and apart from our own being. It is only when you realize, "God is my own consciousness" that all of a sudden the shoulders relax and you breathe a deep sigh and ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... 31, 1963, My Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:18- 116K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: May 26, 1963, Spiritual Love
- SPIRITUAL LOVE May 26, 1963 Princess Kaiulani Hotel IN THE JULY Letter, you are going to have the first three of this series of talks, and in following letters there will be more. You will remember that we started with the unfoldment of God as infinite divine consciousness. Because this same God, this same infinite divine consciousness is individual consciousness, we therefore draw forth our good by "opening out a way for the imprisoned splendor to escape." We do this not from the consciousness in a holy temple, or a holy city, or a holy savior, but from our consciousness, from the divine consciousness which is your individual consciousness and mine. That is why meditation is the entire secret of harmonious spiritual living-because meditation is retiring into our innermost being, praying secretly within ourselves, and then letting spiritual good unfold. From this you catch a further glimpse that God never was a Jew, or a Christian, or a Mohammedan, or a Hindu-but rather that God is spirit and the spirit of God in you is the only God. Whether or not you were erroneously taught that you were a Christian, a V edantist, or a Buddhist, you have learned that it is absurd to have any racial or religious prejudice for the simple reason that we all have the one Father. "Call no man on earth your Father. There is but one Father, which is your Father and my Father." 1 We all have the same God and, fortunately for us, it is "closer than breathing, nearer than hands and feet." This understanding, and this alone, can make for the "Fatherhood of God and the Brotherhood of Man." Otherwise we live our lives on the basis of tolerance and, if you were ever tolerated by anybody, you would know what a terrible word that is. In all of the seventeen years that I have traveled with the message of The Infinite Way, only three men in the United States from the metaphysical world have come into spiritual fellowship with me. I have met only three with whom I could completely unite in spiritual ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ay 26, 1963, Spiritual Love.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:20- 100K
Find Similar Documents
I Stand on Holy Ground: Chapter 4, The Stature of Spiritual Manhood
- Chapter Four The Stature of Spiritual Manhood The original unfoldment or revelation given to me was that God is not in the human scene until God is admitted into our consciousness. In other words, all the evils that exist-individual, collective, national, and international-all these are possible because a human being as a branch of the Tree of Life is cut off and withers and dies. As human beings we are separate and apart from God. We are that "natural man"1 who knows not the things of God and cannot know them for they must be spiritually discerned. The things of God cannot be known with the mind; they cannot be known with the intellect; and this accounts for a great deal of the failure that many students experience in metaphysical work. Where there is failure, the reason is nearly always the same. It is not because of the particular message: it is that the individual is depending entirely on what he reads, on statements of truth and books, on hymns, or on church attendance, and none of these is God. None of these is spiritual power. The books, the teachers, and the churches, holy mountains, holy temples, and holy scriptures have their place, but they serve only as instruments whereby students develop the capacity of spiritual discernment. Spiritual Discernment Is Essential If the things of God could be known through the mind, everybody could read spiritual books and have access to God, but these do not provide that access. Access to God is attained only through spiritual discernment, and therefore, God does not enter your life or mine until we have developed some measure of spiritual discernment. True, just as the Master could heal, feed, and forgive, so today those of spiritual discernment can do some measure of healing work, some feeding and forgiving, and some breaking of bondage to karmic law. But that is only of temporary help. To be rid of one disease does not mean that a person will not have another one. To experience a demonstration of supply does not mean ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...tature of Spiritual Manhood.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:36- 123K
Find Similar Documents
Invisible Supply: Chapter 10, Temporal Power is Not Power
- CHAPTER 10 TEMPORAL POWER IS NOT POWER To the transcendental consciousness, temporal power (whether it is of a physical nature or of a mental nature) is not power. The only power is the realized consciousness of the One Power and recognizing the nonpower of all else. When Hezekiah's people came to him and said, "The armies of the enemy are upon us and they are greater in number than we are," he replied, "Be not afraid! They have only temporal power, the arm of flesh. We have the Lord, God." The Master could say to Pilate, the great temporal power of that time, "Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from the Father." Take unto yourself the task of understanding what these two passages mean. Could you, right now, turn your face toward a hostile country and in your honest, open heart say, "You have no power over me," or, "You have only temporal power, the arm of flesh"? Could you say that and actually feel completely and perfectly safe? Of course not, and you will not be able to until you understand that temporal power is not power. To the degree that you attain a confidence and assurance in Omnipotence, you will know that temporal power is not power. The Principle of No-Power Some of you who have done healing work have achieved to some degree this transcendental consciousness. None of us has achieved the fullness of it, but everyone who has done spiritual healing work has been able to say to infection, contagion, or disease, "You have no power," and has seen them dissolve. Everyone who has been an instrument for healing has proven that in the Presence of God temporal power is not power. There is no power but the realization of God's Presence, and we have proved it in the knitting of fractured bones, in the healing of blindness and deafness. We have proved again and again that temporal power is not power. In the human world there are many temporal powers: those of disease, sin, money, politics, war, and so forth. If you pray in the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Temporal Power is Not Power.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:39- 131K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Interpretation of Scripture: From Law to Grace
- FROM LAW TO GRACE "EXCEPT the Lord build the house, they labour in vain that build it." That which you receive through spiritual sense comes as the grace of God, and only this is important. Always, you must remind yourself of this because it is impossible to learn spiritual reality. The mind is not capable of digesting spiritual truth. Regardless of the words you hear or the statements you read, they are less than nothing in your experience until there is a realization within of the Truth of which the words can only speak. Literal interpretation of Scripture has created a God in a place called heaven, often pictured as if above the clouds over us; and likewise a God within some favored Son, such as Krishna and Jesus. This has brought about the belief of separation between God and you, making the sense of duality which is responsible for every sin, disease and discord on earth. "I AM THAT I AM," reveals Moses. "I and my Father are one" - "he that seeth me seeth Him that sent me," teaches Jesus. "I am that," insists the Advaita of India. The consciousness of the oneness of God and you, which we now interpret as God appearing as you, restores the lost truth of all Scripture, reestablishes health, harmony, completeness and thereby ends discord and limitation. Exalting any of the historical characters of the world Bibles prevents the recognition of the Christ Being which you are. Looking outside yourself for the source of grace, you lose the real presence within. There must, however, be a right appreciation of those men and women who attained so great a measure of Christhood as to become revelators of the truth of our being. These have all made great sacrifices of personal existence to reveal and teach the great Truth that I AM. There must be gratitude felt in the heart, not merely expressed as lip-service, for the modern Teachers and Practitioners who have renounced personal life for the ministry of Truth. There must be a recognition of the sources and avenues of good; ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...cripture_ From Law to Grace.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:17- 102K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Healing: Chapter XI, The Relationship of Oneness
- CHAPTER XI THE RELATIONSHIP OF ONENESS Your world and mine is an outpicturing of our consciousness: When that consciousness is imbued with truth, our universe expresses harmony, orderliness, prosperity, joy, peace, power, and dominion; when there is an absence of truth in our consciousness-an acceptance of world values and world beliefs-then our world takes on the complexion of the chance, change, and luck characteristic of world belief. All conditions reflect the activity of the consciousness of the individuals concerned. Your world is embodied in your consciousness; it reflects the state of your consciousness because your consciousness governs your world. Your awareness of truth is the law unto your world; but, on the other hand, your ignorance of truth likewise becomes a law unto it. For example, there is no law of darkness because you know that darkness can be dispelled by the presence of light. Yet in the absence of light, darkness would claim presence; and just so in the absence of truth in your consciousness, ignorance, lies, appearances, discords, and inharmony claim to be present. Therefore, in the absence of the activity of truth in your consciousness, your world will reflect chance, luck, human belief, medical belief, or astrological belief; but the activity of truth operating in and as your consciousness becomes a law of harmony unto everything in your world and makes everything concerning you reflect the harmony of your consciousness. Suppose that you find yourself in a situation where you are faced with a roomful of people with whom you must work in some capacity or other-talk to them, instruct them, or serve them. As you look at them, they present a variety of appearances-good people, bad, sick, well, rich, and poor. How can you establish a sense of oneness with all these people? To feel a sense of union with any other person means, first of all, that you must make your contact with the Spirit within and find your own completeness; you must make your ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...The Relationship of Oneness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:33- 118K
Find Similar Documents
The Master Speaks: Chapter 11, The Allness of God
- ~ 11 ~ THE ALLNESS OF GOD The primary purpose of our work is to bring forth our true identity as Spirit, as God made manifest, as Life, individually expressed in all of life's harmony and perfection. We, in our work, do not attempt just to turn sick people into well people, or poor people into rich people. Improving humanhood is not our main object. The fruitage of our work is improved health and supply, but the improvement of material conditions is not its prime object. These are only the "signs following." The primary object is to reveal God as individual being, to reveal that there are not God and man, but that there is only God, God appearing as individual you and individual me to reveal that "I and my Father are one." 1 There are not both a God and you, but since God is infinite, and God is all, then God must express Itself, manifest Itself, as you and as me. In this oneness, there is no room for sin, disease, lack, or limitation. There is no room for war or for unfair competition. There is no room for the evils of capitalism or the evils of communism. There is only room for the understanding of true being-the understanding of what it means to be God manifested individually, in all of God's glory. You will remember the prayer of the Master: "Father, glorify me with thine own self, with the glory which I had with thee." 2 Think what it would mean if we could stand forth here and now in all of God's glory. Think how impossible it would be to lack anything if we were showing forth the allness of God, if we were showing forth the truth of that statement, "Son . . . all that I have is thine." 3 According to Scripture, it is true that all that the Father hath is thine and mine. Once you and I begin to show forth that allness of God, how impossible it would be for any form of envy, jealousy, malice, or strife to enter into our daily experience. And that is the object of this work. The Infinite Way is not merely for the purpose of setting up better human beings, but to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter 11, The Allness of God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:28- 128K
Find Similar Documents
A Parenthesis in Eternity: Chapter XXV, Losing I-ness in I
- CHAPTER XXV LOSING "I"-NESS IN I There are very few persons in all the world who are really interested in living spiritually or in attaining the spiritual goal, and certainly there are even fewer who have any conception of what it means to "die daily" and be reborn of the Spirit. Many must inevitably fall by the wayside, but those few who understand that true greatness, true wisdom, and true success lie in the very opposite direction from that of glorifying the self or pushing forward the personality, and who remain and persist, will reach the highest degree of spiritual consciousness, spiritual awareness, and spiritual unfoldment. To submerge the personality and make it subservient to that which is greater than itself is well-nigh impossible for most persons and gives rise to inner conflicts which may deflect them from the path leading to the goal. Through meditation and the practice of the Presence, however, the mind is stilled, and an awareness of this Something greater than themselves is developed. Eventually, a state of complete quiescence in which there is no thinking or planning is reached, and the human will yields to the divine will. This surrender of the human will to the Divine can be more readily understood if we use the analogy of a cube of ice floating in a glass of water. The ice rests in the water, cradled in it: it has no power to move itself. Only the water can propel it from one place to another. The ice itself is inert, immobile, passive, its every motion dependent upon the movement of the water. Let us think of ourselves as the ice, and of Consciousness as the water, while we wait in silence and stillness for the movement of Consciousness. In other words, we must wait patiently for the will of God to make itself known; we must be as completely quiescent as the piece of ice. Such a state can be achieved only when all desire has been surrendered because desire nourishes the personal sense of "I"-ness. As long as there is a desire, there is a ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter XXV, Losing I-ness in I.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:04- 129K
Find Similar Documents
God Formed Us For His Glory: Chapter 11, Infinite Uncircumscribed Being
- Chapter Eleven Infinite Uncircumscribed Being Most persons, regardless of their religious background, have the idea that God's grace, God's blessing, or the givingness of God is dependent on some thing. Often it has been taught that the receiving of God's benefits is dependent on our obedience to the Ten Commandments or to church rules, regular attendance in church, taking communion, fasting, sacrificing, tithing, being grateful, or having faith. Releasing God An important part of our work is releasing God in the sense of realizing that we do not need God for anything except for God to be God, which God always is. We stop looking to God to do something for us now or in the future, since whatever God does, God has been doing from everlasting to everlasting. God never changes. God never inaugurates something now; He could not heal us now; He could not heal us tomorrow. We come to this awareness through the progressive unfoldment of Infinite Way principles. First, must come the realization that God is not a withholding God; therefore, if God is not a withholding God, God cannot be a giving God, because giving something now would imply having withheld it up to now. In God there is no such thing as giving or withholding: there is only God being God. But God is being God eternally; God has been God eternally. Our function is not to reach out to God as if we wanted something of God, but rather to tune in to God as if we had been disconnected, and as if we are now reconnecting ourselves with God. Then, another step to help us gain this awareness is to see that God is responsible for the rising and the setting of the sun, and that these are not dependent on anything that man does or does not do. God is responsible for the laws of nature, which are constantly in operation, whether or not man does anything to deserve or be worthy of them. What God is, God is, regardless of man. God's rain falls "on the just and the unjust,"1 and there is no such thing as God's blessings being ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...inite Uncircumscribed Being.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:33- 118K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Power of Truth: Chapter 14, God's Grace Is Yours
- CHAPTER 14 God's Grace Is Yours ABIDE IN this Word, "I am; all that God is, I am; and all that the Father hath is mine." Then you will understand all of the Infinite Way writings, because they repeat over and over the Master's words "I have meat the world knows not of. I have hidden manna. I will never leave me nor forsake me. I was with me before the world began. I will be with me unto the end of the world." Whatever it is that I even think that I need or want, I have only to go within my own being. If I am just still and patient, the assurance will come, "Be not afraid; it is I. I am thy bread, thy meat, thy wine, thy water. I will never leave thee nor forsake thee." It always comes from within. It always has come from within. Ever since my first spiritual experience, that has been my mode of life. Every time that I seem to be separated from any sense of good or any form of good, I have only to go within for the realization, and the assurance is given me. "I go before thee to make the crooked places straight." As you read the writings of The Infinite Way, you will see that the secret of The Infinite Way is in the word I. That is the secret! Even if you go back to my basic textbook, which is the very first book of all, The Infinite Way, you will see that it is founded on God appearing as man. It is not God and man, not man going to God. The whole of The Infinite Way is the revelation that God appears as man. Then all that God Is, I Am; all that the Father has Is mine. So the secret lies in going within to that I which I Am! You see, you do not know Joel at all. You are so far from knowing Joel that if you really do come to find out some day, you will be shocked at how little you ever knew him. You do not know him at all! Joel does not even know himself yet fully, and the reason is, I am Joel, and I have not yet solved the full secret of I. When I find the full secret of I, I will have the full name and identity of Joel. However, what has made The Infinite Way a ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...er 14, God's Grace Is Yours.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:23- 101K
Find Similar Documents