Spiritual Discernment: Chapter 4, Immortality Unveiled
- Chapter Four Immortality Unveiled It is not possible to enter into the Christ-consciousness while you are trying to change appearances. Evil becomes less operative in your life, however, as you rise to a place in consciousness where you recognize that God is Spirit, that Spirit alone is power, and that there is no power aside from Spirit-not that there is not a claim of material and mental power in the human world. But you cannot change that until you rise above the material and mental levels into the spiritual, and it is there that you will recognize the illusory nature of all so-called powers. Actually, it is impossible for an illusion to create any real thing. All it can create is a mental image in thought. The world is the temple of God. It is not an illusion even though some Oriental teachings claim it is. The illusion is in our sense of the world. But what has happened to those who have accepted this world as an illusion? "By their fruits ye shall know them."1 Has there been clearly identifiable fruitage? God never created an illusion, and God did create the world which to human sense is seen "through a glass darkly."2 If only it could be seen face to face, this very universe would be the temple of God, as your individual body would be. Your body is the temple of God, but you are seeing it through the universal belief in two powers, and the sooner you come to some measure of realization of one power, the sooner will your body begin to respond. As you learn this principle of the Infinite Way, you will disregard appearances, knowing that you are witnessing these appearances through the illusory sense of the belief in two powers. Impersonal Nature of Error Makes Healing Relatively Easy Infinite Way work is carried on entirely from the standpoint that all evil, regardless of its name or nature, is impersonal and has its source in a universal belief in two powers. It is for this reason that you never take the name of the patient or the disease into your treatment. ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter 4, Immortality Unveiled.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:14- 121K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Meditation: Chapter XI, For Love Is of God
- ... There is only one Person, since God is one and God is infinite. Just as there is only one life, the God-life, permeating our garden, even though that life may appear as twelve different species; so it is, that even though our friends and acquaintances may be numbered by the hundreds, there is only one life manifested in individual expression. We can never fear a person if we remember that God is one, that there is only One, and that that one Being is God. In that oneness, there can be no discord, inharmony, or injustice to anybody. Our sense of forgiveness is a realization that no one can harm us, because the grace of God maintains and sustains our relationship of oneness with the Father, under any and all circumstances. There is an invisible thread binding us all together: that thread is the Christ. If we are bound to one another by material ties of any nature, these ties soon become burdensome. Whether the tie be one of membership in an organization, some form of human obligation, or ... Then God fulfills Itself through us, as we fulfill our part, by bringing peace to individual consciousness. When we are consciously aware of our union with God, turning to the Father within as the source of all good, our relationship with one another is pure and completely free of any desire to get, to have, or to possess anything or anyone which someone else has. A spiritual relationship is a giving one, a sharing one, and a co-operative one. It is like giving gifts to our children, to husbands, wives, brothers, sisters, or friends: not for any return; not for any reason; not because they have earned or deserved them; but just for the joy of expressing love. When our relationship to one another is based, not on what we deserve or have earned from one another, but on what lies within our hearts to give or share with one another-not only money, but all the courtesies of life: co-operation; forgiveness; understanding; mutuality; trust; and helpfulness-then, and then only, will that ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter XI, For Love Is of God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:29- 86K
Find Similar Documents
The Foundation of Mysticism: Chapter 16, Know the Truth
- ~ 16 ~ KNOW THE TRUTH I'm going to digress for a moment to answer a very important question that came up during our break. In my former metaphysical training, we were told not to specifically treat anyone unless he asked for it, because it hurried him along too fast spiritually, like pulling a child by the arm. There were other reasons, too. But this would be absolutely true if you were working in the mental realm. In other words, you have no more right to enter a person's mental household uninvited than you have to enter his home. Each person should be permitted the integrity of his own mind, his own body, his own home, his own supply, without anyone intruding uninvited. If a person were ill-and for all you know he might be depending upon materia medica-you would have absolutely no right to try to heal him by your means, any more than if you were ill and relying on spiritual means, would you want somebody to stuff medicine into your mouth or take advantage of your being unconscious to otherwise medicate you. You wouldn't want that because you have determined your way of life, even to the extent that you would rather pass from this scene under your own principles of health rather than to remain here under medication or by surgery. I've known many cases like that. To give a person treatment through mental practice means you are entering the household of his mind and interfering with his mental processes, probably even disturbing him. You have no right to do that. If you are working from the mental standpoint of giving treatment to people, don't do it unless you are asked to. It is not your right. And as long as you are following the teaching of the Infinite Way, you will never give anyone a treatment, not only uninvited, but not even if you are invited to, because we do not give treatment to anyone. Never, under any circumstance, do we give treatment to anyone, even if they should ask for it. Why? That is not the procedure of the Infinite Way healing principles. The ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Chapter 16, Know the Truth.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:52- 150K
Find Similar Documents
The GIft of Love: Chapter 11, Be a Transparency for Love
- As we realize more and more that our function in our household is to be the instrument through which God is to find entrance, we purge our consciousness of its human qualities; we learn to forgive injustices quickly and to forget offenses, realizing that God neither judges nor condemns, and that neither must we. God's forgiveness is seventy times unto seven and so must ours be. Not only must we express love, patience, kindness, justice, cooperation, and generosity in our home, but we must love ... Because God cannot be limited in time or space, or by walls, the realized presence of God in this room is flowing out of this room, up and down the street, up and down the nation, and across the waters. I am an instrument and a transparency through which God's love blesses mankind-friend and foe. My consciousness does not condemn the sinner; my consciousness does not seek vengeance, but forgiveness. Through my consciousness of love, God enters my home, my business, my nation, and this whole ... But if God's love is not entering through the window of our consciousness, it is because our consciousness is soiled, soiled with the only kind of dirt that can soil it, a dirt that is spelled s-e-l-f, I, me, and mine. When we begin to cleanse our consciousness, when we begin to realize less and less of self, and more and more of love, more and more of forgiveness, more and more of praise, glory, and gratitude, more and more of a willingness for God to touch the consciousness of the sinner, the ... Let us do each day the task that is given us to do, regardless of how mundane it may appear to be; and if we fulfill that which is given us to do now, we shall find that more important things, and eventually what appear to be more spiritual things, will be given us to do-but not until we have done that which has already been given us to do. Our first and foremost task is to fill our consciousness with love, forgiveness, gratitude, praise, loyalty, and devotion, not only to God but to our ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Be a Transparency for Love.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:55- 94K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: October 1957, Bear Witness
- CHAPTER TEN: OCTOBER Bear Witness For thou shalt be his witness unto all men of what thou hast seen and heard. Acts 22:15 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe. He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. John 1:6-8 We speak what we do know, and testify that we have seen. John 3:11 If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true. John 5:31 And we are his witnesses of these things. Acts 5:32 Ye are my witnesses, saith the Lord, and my servant whom I have chosen; that we may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. Isaiah 43:10 IN a courtroom, a witness mounts the witness stand, not to interpret his observations, but simply to tell what he has seen. A witness bears witness to that which he has seen take place. At no point should a witness say, "I brought this about; I did this; or I helped this"; but rather, "This is what I saw, and I am repeating it as I saw it." That is what the Master meant by bearing witness to God. The Master bore witness to God's power. He claimed no power for himself, "I can of mine own self do nothing . . . 1 the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works," 2 that is, "I bear witness to that which I see the Father do." In The Infinite Way, we do not use God. Instead we sit in quietness and stillness, watching God do the work. Then we can say, "I witnessed a healing; I witnessed the activity of God in human affairs; I did not do it; I had no part in it, but I bore witness to God performing His work." Let us suppose that a call for help comes to us. Can I give the help or can you give it? Those of us who have been the instruments for healing know the answer to that question: No human being can give that help. If God does not answer the call, it will not be answered. But you say, "God is not answering all the calls that go out to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... October 1957, Bear Witness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:11- 153K
Find Similar Documents
The Joel Goldsmith Reader: Rising to Mystical Consciousness in Prayer and Treatment
- Rising to Mystical Consciousness in Prayer and Treatment In the spiritual life, you must never forget that you are not living your own life and that you have no right whatsoever to consider what you would like to do, when you would like to do it, or how. Always in the back of your mind is the reminder that it is God's life that is being lived, and it is your privilege to be at that state of consciousness where you can watch God live your life without interposing a wish, a will, or a desire of your own. The average truth student is not at the stage of development where he can do this because he has duties to his family or his business, and until such time as the Spirit Itself says, "Leave all for Me," 1 or "Leave your nets," no student should ever forget his responsibility to his family, his associates, and to his work. Rather should his study and his meditations become the foundation for the more harmonious functioning of these facets of his life. It is only to the few that the call to leave their "nets" eventually comes, and when it does come, it is unmistakable, and it compels obedience. After that, the nature of one's life changes. This change does not permit the neglect or desertion of one's business or family obligations, but it does make it possible to provide for their independent care so that one may be set free for whatever demands the call may make. Let no Infinite Way student believe, however, that the call to leave his "nets" is an excuse to desert or neglect his human duties or obligations. Those who enter the spiritual ministry because of a human desire to do good, or before they have heard the spiritual call, make little or no progress. This is because they have not yet learned to rest on the Infinite Invisible. They do not have the spiritual vision that makes it possible for them to know the Unknowable. The message of The Infinite Way did not come through the human mind, nor can it be imparted by or to the human mind. To the human mind, this message ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ess in Prayer and Treatment.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:21- 151K
Find Similar Documents
The Master Speaks: Chapter 18, The Infinite Way
- ~ 18 ~ THE INFINITE WAY The Infinite Way has two fundamental points which are basic to its teaching. One is the nature of God as individual being, which means God as your being. Unless we catch this idea of oneness, we miss this basic spiritual premise-that there are not both God and you. The only way we can realize oneness is to understand God as you. That is the first point in the teaching of the Infinite Way. The life which is God is your individual life; therefore, your life is just as immortal as the life we call God. That is the reason I am always so positive about saying that no one in the world has ever died or passed on at any time in the history of the world. If he had, he would have had a life of his own to lose, to give up; but God is life. God is life eternal, and God is one. Therefore life is one, and that means your life and mine. Old theological beliefs have instilled in most of us a sense of duality. All those who were not born into some metaphysical movement or other and all those who have any kind of church background have been taught to look up to a God in heaven to be worshiped, or to think of God as something separate and apart from their own being. Of course, to all these people, it is almost sacrilegious to say that I and the Father are one, that there is only one Being and that that Being is God-being. Nevertheless, if we catch that point, we have caught the entire message of the Master. That was the whole of his teaching-oneness. "I and my Father are one" 1 -the Father within me, not a Father afar off, but a Father within me. "The kingdom of God is within you." 2 Remember the meaning of "within" as used in this context. It does not mean like ink in a fountain pen or water in a glass. It really means that God is the life, the mind, the substance, the Spirit, the Soul of your being; yes, even the substance of your body. The question comes up, then, "How can that be?" Such a question is raised, of course, only because we are thinking of God in ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 18, The Infinite Way.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:30- 122K
Find Similar Documents
The Thunder of Silence: Chapter XVI, That Ye May Be the Children of Your Father
- CHAPTER XVI THAT YE MAY BE THE CHILDREN OF YOUR FATHER No part of the Sermon on the Mount is more challenging than its teaching of not only loving our neighbor as ourselves, but our enemies as well. How we react to that command depends upon our answer to the question: Are there two powers? Is there something or someone outside the range of God's power? How great a God do we have? What limitations do we place upon God? To what degree do we believe that God operates on this side of the street but not on the other side? According to the Master, we are to "call no man [our] father upon the earth: for one is [our] Father which is in heaven." Therefore, no one has an American, British, or Russian father; a white, black, or yellow father; an occidental or oriental father: There is but one Father-the Father in heaven who is the creative and governing principle of each one of us and of all that is. There may be those who because of their ignorance of this principle do not yet know this truth about themselves and therefore cannot demonstrate it, but that does not prevent our knowing it about them. If we go to the altar to pray, knowing in our hearts that we have not accepted all men as sons of the one Father and therefore brothers, we might as well stop praying for ourselves, get up from the altar, sit down quietly, and decide within ourselves that before we can hope to reach God, we must become reconciled with our brother. Insofar as we can keep from thinking of a person as a human being-from thinking of his parents, his education, the environment in which he has grown up and now lives, and the accumulation of other factors that may have contributed to his present discord or harmony-and keep our mind stayed on God, realizing that everything that is emanates from God and everybody that is lives and moves and has his being in God, in that degree can we love our neighbor even though he be an enemy. Let us acknowledge not only that there are sinners, whose offenses are as great ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...the Children of Your Father.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:42- 116K
Find Similar Documents
God Formed Us For His Glory: Chapter 8, Illumined Prayer
- Chapter Eight Illumined Prayer God is at the center of our being, and in one way or another It can make Itself known to us. It may be interpreted as sound or as light. Many persons, however, do not hear sound or see light: they merely have a feeling of the presence. But in whatever way It translates Itself to a person, It is an evidence of Immanuel, God with us. Whether we hear, see, or feel something, that something is an effect, not God. It is the effect of the invisible presence called God. I, myself, am neither clairvoyant nor clairaudient. I have no psychic gifts whatever, and never have had, so I have not had some of the experiences others may have had. Only Those of Spiritual Vision Can Witness the Ascension Had we been present when Jesus walked the earth after his entombment, following the crucifixion, we might have been one of the five hundred who saw Jesus and spoke with him, or one of the multitudes who said that Jesus had been buried and his friends had taken the body away, leaving the tomb empty. Had we been one of those five hundred who saw him, we would have been one of those of spiritual vision who became a follower of the Master. Had we been one of the multitudes who did not witness him walking the earth, we would have been one of those earthbound persons who sees only what he believes or believes only what he sees; one of those who, if he cannot see it, hear it, taste it, touch it, or smell it, does not believe. The Hebrews of those days saw only the body that was entombed; those who saw Jesus walk the earth again became the Christians. If those of us on the three-dimensional level of life had been present with Enoch, Elijah, or Jesus, we would most likely not have been aware that they ascended or were translated because unless we had the spiritual vision of the fourth-dimensional consciousness, we would not have witnessed it. Instead we would have seen what we call a corpse or the mortal remains right where everyone else in the third-dimensional ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Chapter 8, Illumined Prayer.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:32- 125K
Find Similar Documents
I Stand on Holy Ground: Chapter 12, The Ye-Shall-Know-the-Truth Way
- Chapter Twelve The Ye-Shall-Know-the-Truth Way The spiritual or contemplative life is a specific way of life that has a specific purpose. It is one on which a person does not embark unthinkingly or without a reason, nor is it something that one arbitrarily chooses. Furthermore, there is a specific method of introducing this way of life into consciousness and of applying it to daily life. Normally, human beings have very little control over their lives or their destiny. They are subject, for example, to weather and climate, to the limitations of their education, and they are usually subject to the mores of their particular world. So many circumstances outside and beyond their control govern their lives that it is almost ludicrous to say that any human being is master of his own fate. But it has been known throughout all time, and it is now being introduced again into the world, that this need not be so, although in this age, it is easy to be tempted by current psychological beliefs into believing that we are victims of circumstances beyond our control. It is not necessary, however, for a person to fall afoul of all the evils that beset humankind, because every individual, free or slave, has within himself the God-given capacity to rise above and out of his condition in life. Slave races from all parts of the globe have broken out of their slavery; downtrodden people of all races have attained emancipation, freedom, and sometimes great glory. Your Good Is Not Dependent on Time or Circumstances No one is born without an inner capacity for God-living and God- expression, but the one thing necessary is to know the truth. Because a thousand may fall at your left and ten thousand at your right, it does not follow that these evils need come near your dwelling place. It does follow, however, that you are the only one who can prevent them from touching you or your affairs. This is not something that anyone can do for you, not your parents, your family, or your children: it is ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Ye-Shall-Know-the-Truth Way.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:38- 119K
Find Similar Documents