God Formed Us For His Glory: Chapter 6, Spiritual Fulfillment Through Consciousness
- Chapter Six Spiritual Fulfillment Through Consciousness We can bring forth in demonstration only what we have attained in consciousness. A musician or an artist can give forth no greater degree of music or art than his acquired or attained musical or artistic consciousness. A pianist, even with a highly developed technique but without a musical consciousness, cannot ever give the performance of a Paderewski, nor can an amateur artist or painter produce the work of a master. We can express only the state of consciousness which we have attained. No life experience can ever be greater than the attained consciousness of the individual. There are thousands of attorneys in the United States, but only a few first ranking ones, because only those few have put into their work what they are now drawing out. In every walk of life a person brings forth what he has attained in consciousness. So, too, what we attain in this work is the direct result of what we have put into the work. If we have put in time, study, meditation, and pondering, we will attain a higher consciousness than those who casually read, rarely meditate, and hardly ever study. Do Not Try to Demonstrate Forms of Good: Demonstrate the Substance By the grace of God, one of the most profound truths has been revealed to me, not that I am the first one to whom it was revealed. That truth can best be explained with this illustration. If I did not have a glass tumbler and wanted to make one, I would realize that there could be no tumbler without first having the glass out of which to form it. Knowing that, I am no longer concerned with having a tumbler: I am concerned now with obtaining the materials with which to make glass, because once I have the material for glass, I can make a tumbler. Actually the tumbler was not my real need: glass was my need, for in having the glass I can have the tumbler. Let us suppose I need a table. How am I going to get one? Demonstrate it? Out of what? For a table wood is required. So ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...lment Through Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:32- 123K
Find Similar Documents
God The Substance of All Form: Chapter 11, States & Stages of Consciousness
- ~ 11 ~ STATES AND STAGES OF CONSCIOUSNESS And the Lord said unto me, Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth. See, I have this day set thee over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out, and to pull down, and to destroy, and to throw down, to build, and to plant. Jeremiah 1:9, 10 That was not said to a man; that was said to a state of consciousness, a state of spiritual consciousness. That state of consciousness not only roots out, but it also plants; it destroys, but it builds. The only thing that it tears down and destroys is a false sense, a false sense of God, a false sense of the universe, a false sense of your individual being and body: What it builds up is the realization of true identity-a knowledge of the world as it really is and of all that is in the world. There are states and stages of consciousness, however, and when we are working in the human world with our human resources, with our human wisdom and physical strength, we are living in and through a material state of consciousness. The world as a whole was for the most part in a state of material consciousness until the middle of the nineteenth century when it advanced into a more mental state of consciousness. Always, there have been a few people who have to some extent known the mental realm-the artists, writers, and visionaries of all time. When the power of the mind was first brought to the attention of the world at large during the middle of the last century, the world seemed ready to advance into a mental state of consciousness, and it began to do mentally what had formerly been performed physically. In other words, healings of the body which had formerly been accomplished by means of medicines, herbs, or plasters now were being brought about by "thinking thoughts," by mental suggestion, at times even auto-suggestion. All types of healing by mental means came into being, from the out-and-out hypnotic to that which was just a mild form of suggestion or auto-suggestion. The Mystical State ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...s & Stages of Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:35- 127K
Find Similar Documents
I Stand on Holy Ground: Chapter 8, Spiritual Supply
- Chapter Eight Spiritual Supply The entire subject of supply must be approached from the standpoint, not of your supply or mine, but of what is the principle of supply? In the spiritual realm we always deal with principles, and when we deal with principles, the truth about any principle is true of any and every individual. The only reason we do not all equally demonstrate a specific principle is that we do not know the truth. We can demonstrate only whatever of truth we know. "Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free,"1 but you must know it and I must know it, and any truth that we do not know we cannot expect to demonstrate. Impersonalizing Supply In demonstrating supply the first step is to impersonalize it, so that you do not think in terms of "my" supply or "your" supply, because there is no truth about "your" supply or "my" supply. There is only the truth about supply, and this truth is universal. It makes no difference whether it is the financing of our families, our church, or financing a world-wide movement because once this principle is learned, the amount involved is of no importance. It is just as easy to demonstrate a hundred thousand dollars a year as it is one thousand dollars a year, if the principle is known and understood and if there is a legitimate need for the larger amount. Spiritually, no one could demonstrate even one dollar if behind the attempted demonstration there is a wrong motive, a selfish motive, or a destructive one. It would take many weeks to show you step by step the way in which I learned these principles, but I can give you the principles I have learned and those that I have watched in operation in the financing of my personal needs, those of my family, those of the Infinite Way, and in these thirty years all that I have witnessed in the experience of our students. The Invisible Supply of a Tree To begin with, supply is never visible. No one has ever seen supply. All that you can ever see of supply is the effect ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Chapter 8, Spiritual Supply.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:37- 123K
Find Similar Documents
Living the Illumined Life: Chapter 12, Spiritual Illumination
- Chapter Twelve Spiritual Illumination The path of discipleship takes us through the steps of that first awakening to the spiritual anointing which leads to that final goal of conscious union with God. While the letter of truth is of tremendous help, such an important help that I have not yet discovered a way of dispensing with it, nevertheless, it is only an aid to lead us into meditation, where the real transition takes place. We might know all the truth there is from here to Jerusalem and back again, but if we do not attain the realization of our real Self, knowing the truth is going to play but a small part in our life. We must eventually reach the realization of the real Self-my real Self, your real Self, and his real Self-until there is only one real Self. This is brought about through meditation. It is in meditation that we make that final contact with the spiritual Source of existence that enables us to know the truth, not intellectually, but through realization. The I that I am is the Christ-Self. It is not only the Self of me: It is the Self of you. It is not an individual Self that I alone have: It is a universal Self. It is I, myself, and is also I, you. When I make contact with this I, I have made contact not only with the universal Self which I am, but I have also made contact with you: not with your humanhood, but with your spiritual identity. The Master said, "Henceforth I call you not servants. . . but I have called you friends." 1 The moment I recognize that this Christ-Self of me is the Christ-Self of you, we are equal, and that is the only equality there is. There is no such thing as an equality of social status: there are the socially up and the socially down, the socially somebody and the socially nobody. There is no such thing even as an equality of political status, as anyone who belongs to a political party finds out, nor is there an equality of economic status: there are the poor, the rich, and the inbetween; there are the commercially up ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... 12, Spiritual Illumination.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:54- 124K
Find Similar Documents
Living the Illumined Life: Chapter 7, Preparation for Spiritual Baptism
- Chapter Seven Preparation for Spiritual Baptism Spiritual grace is an anointing by the Spirit, and our part in receiving this anointing is to prepare for it. Many persons wonder why the blessings of the Spirit do not come to them, or at least why these blessings do not come in greater measure, and yet they do not realize that they themselves are setting up the barriers that prevent it. There is probably one thing that all mystics agree on in their presentation of the revelations of truth that have come to them, and that is that the nature of God is love. That is one outstanding agreement. To receive God is to receive love, but what do we offer as instruments through which to receive love? The answer is that in the degree that we live as human beings, we engage in judgment, criticism, condemnation, and unforgiveness. As human beings, we live out from the old Hebraic eye-for-an-eye-and-tooth-for-a-tooth law, and are quite unable to forgive seventy times seven. In a consciousness of that nature, it is virtually impossible to receive the anointing of the Spirit. We must prepare ourselves for the anointing by a change from within which in scripture has been called the renewing of the mind: "Be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind." 1 When the Master taught such things as loving our neighbor as ourselves, praying for the enemy, forgiving those who persecute us, resisting not evil, he was not actually setting forth a spiritual message. He was preparing human consciousness to receive the anointing of the Spirit because until we bring ourselves to that state of consciousness, to that renewal of our mind, it is not possible to receive the Holy Ghost. The Pure Consciousness Is Free of Judgment One example of the necessity for freedom from judgment as to what is pure and what is not pure can be found in the experience of Peter who in the depth of his great love for Judaism could not bring himself to eat the meat of the pig or to teach the truth of the Christian message ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ation for Spiritual Baptism.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:53- 123K
Find Similar Documents
The Foundation of Mysticism: Chapter 6, One Power
- ... God alone governs, and God does not share his government with man whose "breath is in his nostrils," for he isn't even to be accounted of. There can be no fear of this infinite, universal God. When you study scripture and see how the Hebrews lived their lives in fear of God's punishment, and then turn to the New Testament and realize that the Master gave as one of his reasons for being on earth, the forgiveness of sin and sinners, you know there is no reason under the sun for continuing to fear punishment for your sins of omission or commission. As a matter of fact, even if some of those sins should be continuing into our present experience, even if we have not reached the spiritual elevation in which all sin has departed from us-and who has?-even then we are to know we are not under the law of punishment but under the law of grace, under forgiveness, under God's grace, which not only wipes out the penalty for sin but wipes out the capacity for sin. Sometimes sin lingers on even after the penalty has been wiped out, but it isn't any different from the chicken that runs around after its head is cut off. It's just fooling us for a little while; it's dead but it doesn't know it. So, too, our past is dead, ... These cannot be laws if God is law. God is Spirit, therefore his law is spiritual. Then what we have termed law is recognized, not as law, but as an imposition, a universal malpractice that has been passed down to us, one we have accepted and demonstrated and which we must now consciously reject. We have to recognize frequently that we are not under the law of punishment but under the law of forgiveness. We have to remember every single day that we are not under law, we are under grace. We were under the law when we were under Moses. We came under grace when we came under Christ Jesus. But this grace cannot act except through our recognition and acceptance of it. The ways of God are exactly the ways of all God's work. There could be no automobiles and airplanes ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...icism_ Chapter 6, One Power.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:50- 117K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: January 1956, Withinness
- ... If you abide in the Word of God, and let this Word abide in you, you will be as a branch that is one with the Vine, that is one with the Godhead, and you will bear much fruit. As you continue to dwell "in the secret place of the most High," you will find that it is not a matter of God's doing something for you-it is a matter of maintaining conscious oneness with God, keeping your mind stayed on God, acknowledging God in all your ways, abiding in the Word and letting the Word abide in you. In actual practice, this means awakening each morning and veritably bringing the presence of God right into the room with you in the realization that "This is the day the Lord hath made." Instead of bringing to consciousness your problems, sins, and inharmonies, bring God into your awareness in the realization that God is with you throughout the day. You can face any problem or task in the realization that you do not face it alone, "For he performeth the thing that is appointed for me." God is your supply, forgiveness, life, love. Emmanuel-God with us-is that which enables you to be, to do, to prosper. Consciously realize that God's presence goes before you, and when going about your affairs consciously know that the Christ is greeting you through every individual encountered. Acknowledge Him in all thy ways and you will be obeying Paul's injunction to "pray without ceasing." In God you will have a friend, a big brother, the Father within; and you will come into the realization, as did Paul, "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." As you persist in the practice of the Presence you are carried along by its beauty and harmony, and a day will dawn when "you" no longer exist. Then there will be no need to think about God-there will be only God, functioning as your individual being, thinking, being, knowing, living through you, and then it is literally true: ". . . I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...m_ January 1956, Withinness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:00- 131K
Find Similar Documents
The Infinite Way: Putting On Immortality
- ... We are not now speaking truth but receiving truth, and that which we receive in silence we may speak from the housetops with authority. Spiritual healing is the natural result of a divinely illumined consciousness. We are illumined only as we are receptive and responsive to spiritual illumination. We misunderstand immortality when we think of it as the immortality of the human personality, or personal sense. Death does not produce immortality or end personal sense, nor does the continuation of human existence mean the attainment of immortality. Immortality is attained in proportion as personal sense is overcome, whether here or hereafter. As we put off the personal ego and attain the consciousness of our real Self - the Reality of us, divine Consciousness - we attain immortality. And that can be achieved here and now. The desire to perpetuate our false sense of body and wealth ensnares us into death, or mortality. The first step in the attainment of immortality is living out from the center of our being, as in the idea of unfoldment from within, rather than accretion: It is the giving sense rather than getting; being rather than attaining. In this consciousness, there is no condemnation, judgment, hatred, or fear, but rather a continuous feeling of love and forgiveness. It is not a simple matter to show forth the joy and peace of immortality, because to those intent on preserving their present concepts of being, immortality would appear to be extinction. This is not the case: It is the eternal preservation of all that is real, fine, noble, harmonious, gracious, unselfish, and peaceful. It is reality brought to light in place of the illusion of sense. It is the conscious awareness of the infinity of individual being replacing the finite sense of existence. Selfishness and conceit fall away in the realization of the divinity of our being. This realization brings forth patience and forbearance with those still struggling in mortal, material consciousness. It is being ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Way_ Putting On Immortality.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:14- 96K
Find Similar Documents
The Journey Back to the Father's House: Chapter 8, Special Lesson on Healing Work
- Chapter Eight Special Lesson on Healing Work Those who have not spent considerable time practicing spiritual principles will at times forget them, and thereby delay their experience of good. And what is it they will forget? They will forget that they are not to look to one another for anything, and that includes husbands and wives, parents and children. The very earliest time possible in the morning, we open ourselves to God's grace and consciously realize that we live, not by might or by power, but by the spirit. We live, not by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God; neither do we live by the favor of individuals, or the good will of individuals; nor do we live by our place or position in life. We live by the grace of God. Our Good Flows From the Center of Our Being If we are to live in the mystical consciousness, we must abide in the realization that our expectancy is always and only from the spiritual source within us. We must abide in the truth that "I have meat to eat that ye know not of," 1 and then be careful not to look to a person, a thing, an organization, or a relationship for it. When we thoroughly understand and realize this oneness, as if there were only one person in the world, God appearing as individual being, our good must flow from within us, not to us from anyone, but from us and through us. Our good may come to us through people, but there is no law that says it has to. There is no law or rule that says we must derive our income from our work. Within us must be the complete realization that our manna can fall from the sky or, if necessary, ravens can bring us food. Our supply can come through a thousand different directions. Therefore, we need not look to anyone. Of course, there must always be that sense of gratitude to those through whom it comes, but not the feeling that it comes from them: it comes through them; but it comes from the center of our being. I is infinite, and there is nothing and no one outside of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...cial Lesson on Healing Work.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:24- 126K
Find Similar Documents
The Master Speaks: Chapter 18, The Infinite Way
- ~ 18 ~ THE INFINITE WAY The Infinite Way has two fundamental points which are basic to its teaching. One is the nature of God as individual being, which means God as your being. Unless we catch this idea of oneness, we miss this basic spiritual premise-that there are not both God and you. The only way we can realize oneness is to understand God as you. That is the first point in the teaching of the Infinite Way. The life which is God is your individual life; therefore, your life is just as immortal as the life we call God. That is the reason I am always so positive about saying that no one in the world has ever died or passed on at any time in the history of the world. If he had, he would have had a life of his own to lose, to give up; but God is life. God is life eternal, and God is one. Therefore life is one, and that means your life and mine. Old theological beliefs have instilled in most of us a sense of duality. All those who were not born into some metaphysical movement or other and all those who have any kind of church background have been taught to look up to a God in heaven to be worshiped, or to think of God as something separate and apart from their own being. Of course, to all these people, it is almost sacrilegious to say that I and the Father are one, that there is only one Being and that that Being is God-being. Nevertheless, if we catch that point, we have caught the entire message of the Master. That was the whole of his teaching-oneness. "I and my Father are one" 1 -the Father within me, not a Father afar off, but a Father within me. "The kingdom of God is within you." 2 Remember the meaning of "within" as used in this context. It does not mean like ink in a fountain pen or water in a glass. It really means that God is the life, the mind, the substance, the Spirit, the Soul of your being; yes, even the substance of your body. The question comes up, then, "How can that be?" Such a question is raised, of course, only because we are thinking of God in ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 18, The Infinite Way.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:30- 122K
Find Similar Documents