Consciousness Transformed: March 17, 1963, The Tree of Life
- THE TREE OF LIFE March 17, 1963 Halekulani Hotel YOU MAY HA VE NOTICED that it takes several years after you receive a spiritual idea or principle before it is yours, and before you can demonstrate it. This is normal, this is natural, and it would be folly to expect anything different. It has been so with every one of us. We hear a spiritual principle and we read it. In fact we read it over and over again, and we hear it on tapes or in lectures or classes, and therefore we think that we know it and wonder why we cannot demonstrate it. Remember that this is normal and natural and true of each of us. Even principles that have come through my own lips have really not become mine until several years later. Even though they come through my own consciousness, they did not register at the time in a demonstrable degree. It was years later before I could say, "Whereas I was blind, now I see. Whereas before I could voice it, now it is an incorporated part of me. Now I can live it." One of these principles is one that you heard this morning and one that you will find in most of my writings, and that is the tree of life. Usually I have used this example: Imagine a tree in the middle of this room, and then visualize each one of us attached to that tree as a branch. Then you will notice that we are all being fed from the same source. The sap that comes up through the trunk of the tree, the life that is flowing up through the trunk, this feeds and sustains and nourishes us and each of us draws from the same source. Now the meaning of this is that there is actually an invisible tree in this room. There is actually an invisible thread connecting us to the trunk of that tree. That tree is the spiritual tree of life and each one of us, by an invisible thread or bond is united to this tree of life. We are maintained, sustained, guided, directed, illumined from the same source, the life or sap that flows up through the roots into the trunk and out into each branch. Now, if you were to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... 17, 1963, The Tree of Life.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:17- 106K
Find Similar Documents
Leave Your Nets: Chapter 9, The New Dimension
- ~ 9 ~ THE NEW DIMENSION The human scene continues to unfold day by day, as it has throughout all the days of the past. There is always the temptation to hope that things will be different tomorrow. But left to itself, one day will follow another as days always have. The human scene is a state of inertia; it continues being whatever it is now, usually along the same lines. Nothing will be different tomorrow from what it is today, or from what it has been in the past until a new note is brought into the picture. "Strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. 1 . . . I came not to send peace, but a sword." 2 Up to now, what has been said is gentle and sweet, and good-tasting. Now comes the part that makes the "belly bitter" 3 : the living of this truth. This demands sacrifice and great effort. It will not be too difficult for you to remember the truth that you and the Father are one and all that the Father has is yours: the difficulty comes in living it, and it is only in the living of it that it can be demonstrated. Declaring, "I and my Father are one," 4 or declaring your sonship will be of little help to you. You must assume your obligation as a "son." Part of the responsibility entailed in that relationship lies in your readiness and willingness to leave your "nets" in the sense of stopping your search for health and supply and to rest in the conscious awareness of these as divine gifts already established within your being, even though momentarily not visible outwardly. This means no longer voicing truth, but living the truth of your identity, being willing to be called upon to heal or feed the multitudes. Can you do it? You can, if you realize, "I of my own self cannot do it, but by virtue of my divine sonship, I can. All that the Father has is mine: the gift of healing, the infinity of supply, the joy of sharing and the joy of giving, the wisdom of not bearing resentment, anger, malice, and jealousy." That is ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 9, The New Dimension.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:41- 106K
Find Similar Documents
Our Spiritual Resources: Chapter Eight, Bringing God Into Daily Experience
- CHAPTER EIGHT BRINGING GOD INTO DAILY EXPERIENCE Bringing God into individual experience is possible only through an activity of consciousness. If we make a conscious contact with our source, we make contact with the spiritual source of all those who can bless us and all those whom we can bless: "I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one." 1 That relationship of oneness is not really effective, however, until the moment of contact, because until that moment we are separate human beings, each with his own interests and purposes, each with his own needs, and in that separateness we may not be fulfilling one another's needs at all. There is no circumstance in life so small or insignificant but that it can be made an important one through that conscious contact. If it were nothing more than the routine of merely going out to market, it would not only save time, but what is more important, making that conscious contact even in inconsequential matters would establish in us the habit of making and continuing the contact so that when some more vital decision or problem arose, there would be no possibility of forgetting the principle, because our reaction to it would have become more or less automatic. It may not be too important to us whether our marketing costs eight dollars or eight dollars and sixty cents, and it may not be too important whether we buy this cut of meat or that one, or whether we purchase these vegetables or those. The important thing is that we are forming one more link in our chain, because we shall be learning never to make a move without a consciousness of that oneness. There must be the actual experience of being consciously one with God in order to find ourselves consciously one with all spiritual being and idea. Declaring it with the mind is not going to make it so, but if we keep that principle in our mind, sit with it, reflect upon it, and ponder it until we feel that inner response within, then we actually begin to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...g God Into Daily Experience.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:59- 104K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Discernment: Chapter 6, The Middle Path
- Chapter Six The Middle Path Most persons are praying to God and turning to the Christ to have their nets filled with fish instead of following the Master's teaching to leave their nets. Leave all! Do not seek companionship; seek My companionship and see what happens. There is a new dimension, another plane of consciousness, in which a person does not seek human good, human companionship, or human supply, in which he does not seek anything of a human nature. Rather he seeks to forsake his dependence on things as well as his dependence on mother, father, sister, or brother. Then he gains the spiritual sense of parenthood, childhood, husbandhood, wifehood, and spiritual wholeness. Spiritual Regeneration Is the Goal of Infinite Way Work Let us assume that someone who is ill has asked for help. With that call for help, you are being presented with a human being, at the moment ill and aging. Even if he is only sixteen years of age, he is aging. In traditional metaphysical practice the idea is to make this person well. If he tells you that he has a temperature of 104 degrees, and calls up later to say that it has gone down to 102, you breathe a sigh of relief and say, "Isn't that fine?" An hour later he calls and tells you that it is 98.6. Ah, that's perfect! The next person may call because he has burned himself and is in pain, but when an hour later there is not even a scar where the burn was, again comes that sigh of relief. The call may come that another person is dying, and the doctor's prognosis is that he will be gone in three hours, but three hours after the call for help the patient is sitting up, drinking orange juice. Again comes that sense of "How wonderful!" That is all based on the fact that John Jones was dying, but now he is alive. As a matter of fact he may be so alive that he goes to work the next day and is run over by a trolley car. In the early years of my practice I had two experiences similar to that. After years of being under a doctor's care, a man ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Chapter 6, The Middle Path.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:14- 124K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Healing: Chapter XV, Beyond Words and Thoughts
- CHAPTER XV BEYOND WORDS AND THOUGHTS Through study, meditation, living with the letter of truth, and constant practice, the principles of spiritual healing become established in consciousness. What is written in this book is intended to speed the transition from a material sense of life to the attainment of that mind which was in Christ Jesus, which is the healing consciousness. Those who are truly spiritually minded and have an understanding of the principles of spiritual healing are able to heal; but being spiritually minded does not mean resting in an intellectual knowledge of these principles; it does not mean making affirmations and denials, or using mental powers or human wisdom. No person of himself has enough understanding to heal a headache. The Spirit of God that is generated in us, which we have either brought with us to this earth- experience as a divine gift or have attained through the cultivation of it, is that which does the healing. A book such as this is merely an agency to help develop a conscious awareness of that Spirit of God. Success, not only in healing, but in all spiritual demonstration, is something that far transcends any knowledge that we have or may acquire. True, the knowledge that we acquire does serve a purpose, but that purpose is only to lead us into the actual spiritual consciousness. It is difficult for many metaphysicians to believe that all the truth they know and all the truth they study is not God-power and does not bring God into their experience, nor does it give them God-guidance, God-health, or God-strength. The average student really believes that reading books, going to church, or going to classes somehow sets him apart in God's eyes. It is better, of course, to do these things than not to do them, but spiritual truth becomes a law of God in our experience only in proportion to our realization of it. Never forget that. There must first be the acknowledgment, and then must come the realization. We may study truth for a ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., Beyond Words and Thoughts.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:34- 108K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Healing: Chapter XVI, Is
- CHAPTER XVI IS The basis of all spiritual teaching is that spiritual consciousness evolves in what is called "time." We may wonder why time enters into that which is eternity and which knows no such thing as time, but the element of time is involved because spiritual evolution is the unfolding of consciousness, which to our sense appears as time. However, there is a definite moment in time and space when each one of us makes the transition from law to grace. Up to that point, we are students of truth, seekers after God; and through our study and good works, we hope and expect to improve our human situation. The Hindus liken this process of spiritual evolution to the peeling away of the skins of an onion. The peeling away of one layer of skin is barely perceptible, but by the time ten or fifteen layers have been removed, a definite change is noticeable. As the skins are removed, layer by layer, eventually a place is reached where there are no more onion skins: There is only nothingness; the onion is no more. And so it is that human beings are born into this world, bringing with them numbers of layers of material sense to which they continually add, building up the onion-self, skin by skin, until they begin the return journey to the Father's house. When that spiritual impulse is felt, then we begin to study and meditate, always with the goal that one day we may actually feel God within us, realize the Presence, be touched by Him, and come to live under grace in that state of consciousness in which there is no longer any law-no longer a law of good and evil, no longer a law of cause and effect, no longer a law of punishment and reward: There is only a state of grace-and at a certain moment in our experience, it happens. Such an experience takes place in time. It may happen at ten o'clock in the morning, at midnight, or in the silence of the early morning hours, but at some time or other it does take place, and we feel that inner impulsion and know that we have felt it. ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...al Healing_ Chapter XVI, Is.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:34- 100K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: September 30, 1963, An Eternal Relationship
- AN ETERNAL RELATIONSHIP September 30, 1963 Honolulu Infinite Way Study Center GOOD EVENING. You have an opportunity now to prove a major principle of The Infinite Way. Incidentally, reading about these principles or studying these principles is not of too much importance unless, in addition to the reading and the studying, you actually put them into practice, until you demonstrate principle by principle and very often one at a time. We have been together for ten months and we have seen a lot of each other. We have been in each other's consciousness and we have experienced a great deal of love, friendship, sharing, companionship, and truth. Now it would appear that we will be separated for a while. This always brings up feelings of sorrow or regret or sadness or some other negative emotion, and if you look at the situation humanly you might experience a day or two of sorrow. However, if you look at the situation spiritually, it really presents a tremendous opportunity. What you have experienced of me is my consciousness of truth. You have brought yourself to me, but not physically. You have brought your self to my consciousness. Therefore I have been in your consciousness and you have been in my consciousness and what we have experienced of each other is this consciousness, this spiritual companionship. If you have been receptive and responsive to what has taken place, you have benefitted by having been lifted higher into consciousness. Never forget this: I too have benefitted, because in the kingdom of God there is no such thing as a one- way traffic. In the kingdom of God there is a union. In the kingdom of God there is a oneness. In the kingdom of God there is a unitedness. Therefore, there has been a flow of consciousness among us and between us-from me to you and from you to me. If this were not so, if there was no receptivity on your part, the flow could not move out from within me because there would be nothing to draw it. It is for this reason that all of The ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...63, An Eternal Relationship.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:22- 108K
Find Similar Documents
The Thunder of Silence: Chapter XIX, The Still Small Voice
- CHAPTER XIX THE STILL SMALL VOICE The world has come to a place where it must go beyond power and beyond mind. Is there such a place? Is there a place where physical might and human thought are not power, and where safety, security, and peace are assured? In a moment of futility and frustration, when every reliance has been forsaken, the answer comes as the voice of God utters Itself, a V oice not in the blustering whirlwinds, nor in the awesome rumblings of the volcano, but a V oice so still that only in the Silence can it be heard, and there It thunders. When we hear that V oice, we need not concern ourselves about protection against bombs; we need not concern ourselves with depressions or recessions. One thing alone then concerns us: the ability to be still and let God manifest and express Himself as the still small V oice within us. Today, world conditions make our personal problems seem infinitesimal, but whether we are thinking in terms of individual, national, or international problems, basically there is only one problem-material and mental power as against My Spirit. There is only one enemy-the universal belief that material and mental force can control this world. The enemies confronting us today are not a threatened epidemic of disease, not a devastating condition of weather or climate, not impending economic disaster, nor destructive war: All these are but part and parcel of the belief in material and mental powers. But are material and mental powers, power, or is the still small V oice the only power? The answer is that there is no power in the visible world, and anything that exists in our mind as an objective thing is not power. Let us never fear an image in our mind whether that image is a person, a disease, or even a bomb. That still small V oice in the midst of us is mightier than all of these, and if we can become so silent that that V oice can utter Itself-even if only as a deep breath or a sense of peace or warmth-this earth will be filled with ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... XIX, The Still Small Voice.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:41- 80K
Find Similar Documents
Conscious Union with God: Chapter 8, Questions & Answers
- ... I would say that it had to do with your receptivity to truth, which is the highest form of treatment there is, but when we begin to work mentally and then call it God-healing, it is ludicrous. When we reach a state of receptivity, however, so that when any case comes, the ear is open, and the impartation comes like a flash, telling us how to work or what truth to reveal, then that is God- healing. Question: Then you think that was God healing? Answer: There is no question about it, because it came to you without any thought process; it was not conscious thinking. It was a state of receptivity which revealed that truth to you. This, I call being divinely led, because it did not consist of sitting down and giving a treatment to a disease or a condition. I do not believe in that kind of treatment. Turn to God and let God show you the need of the moment. Can you imagine what a man wrongly imprisoned would feel if I told him that there is no injustice, that man is perfect? He would want to throw such words right back at me. But when one is led to tell him the story of Joseph and his brethren, then he might begin to understand the spiritual sense of forgiveness. The higher sense of forgiveness is looking through the human being and his activity and seeing that there at the center of his being sits God, which at the moment is being misinterpreted. In all treatment, never do I permit myself to think a thought, to make a denial, or to affirm a truth. I take the attitude: "Speak, Lord; for thy servant heareth. . . . 8 Be still, and know that I am God." 9 Take the attitude that this is God's universe; let God do something about it; be a witness to God in action. Then you are led to say the right thing, think the right thing, or do the right thing. That is how the book, The Letters, came into existence. Whenever letters came from patients out of town asking for help, no matter what the problem was, I would sit down and turn within and let the Father speak. Then I would write a ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter 8, Questions & Answers.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:17- 123K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: March 10, 1963, Relationship of Oneness 2
- RELATIONSHIP OF ONENESS 2 March 10, 1963 Halekulani Hotel FIRST OF ALL, OF COURSE, is to find some way to express gratefulness for these two days of celebration we have had, two days of feast together. It is difficult to find words to express gratitude for the spiritual feast that underlies the external feast. In The Infinite Way we have watched experiences like this, in beautiful expressions of gratitude and love, shown not only to us but to those who have come here from the mainland, England, Australia. When we have been in London and the continent of Europe, we have witnessed the same gratitude, not only to us, but to the students who have traveled to England and the Continent. Therefore, what I am trying to say or to express is that not only is the gratitude expressed to us, but this same gratitude and love is shown to anyone, anywhere, who comes into The Infinite Way atmosphere. Just what you are expressing to us and to these visitors from overseas, The Infinite Way students overseas express to us and to those who come from far places. Behind these outer expressions of love and gratitude and sharing is the relationship that exists between us as Infinite Way students. The relationship that exists between us-this is the heart and the core. There are no human ties between us. We belong to nothing and we belong to no one. In The Infinite Way nobody is greater than anyone else, because everyone in this work has problems at times. No one of us has risen to become a God. Therefore, there is no one of us who could set ourselves above others, for none of us have fully attained. However, whatever our level of spiritual attainment is, it has for its basis our relationship with each other. What is the basis of our relationship? The answer is, our relationship with God. Our conscious oneness with God makes us one with each other. As I have told you before, for about fifteen years I was the only Infinite Way student in the world. Now what has drawn to me on a worldwide basis ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., Relationship of Oneness 2.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:17- 102K
Find Similar Documents