I Stand on Holy Ground: Chapter 6, I, If I Be Lifted Up
- Chapter Six I, If I Be Lifted Up The Infinite Way is based on the premise that our state of consciousness draws to us our life-experience. We are responsible for whatever of good comes into our lives. Nobody can give it to us because it is not separate and apart from our consciousness. We draw it to ourselves. Moreover, and this is not easy to swallow and digest, whatever of discord and inharmony we have experienced in life, we have created for ourselves. Nobody has done it to us, and nothing has brought it to us except ourselves. We may not be willing to accept or believe this as we think back over our life because the tendency is usually to blame someone else for our own shortcomings: "Oh, no, it was my parents' situation that prevented me from getting an education"; "It was my partner's failure that caused me to lose a fortune"; "It was my husband's lack of consideration that made me unhappy"; or "It was my wife's extravagance that increased my worry." None of this is true. Hard as this is to acknowledge, nevertheless, our state of consciousness has drawn to us the experiences that we have had or are now having. That does not imply that there should be any guilt upon our shoulders for wrong doing or wrong thinking. It only indicates our ignorance of the truth, but the truth was not always available to us. In fact, there was very little of truth for anyone to know until modern metaphysical teachings brought a measure of light. There is a God, and wherever the spirit of that God is, there is liberty. But it takes a you or a me to bring that spirit of God into active expression where we are. We must not look to God for our good any more than we must look to "man, whose breath is in his nostrils."1 But we must know the truth. "Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."2 This puts the responsibility on your shoulders and on mine, for unless you and I know the truth, we shall not be made free and we cannot help free those to whom we owe that ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter 6, I, If I Be Lifted Up.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:36- 120K
Find Similar Documents
The Early Years: Chapter 2, God
- ~ 2 ~ GOD "Spiritual sense is a conscious, constant capacity to understand God." 1 Many have tried to "explain" God, but so far none (to my knowledge) have ever succeeded. God must be individually experienced. Because of generations of belief in material being we seem to be far removed from God, and only as we live in "prayer without ceasing," that is, dwelling on the thought of God, will it be possible for the experience, or revelation, of God to come to us. Most people either believe in, or believe that there is a God, but this is far from knowing, far from the assurance and the consciousness of the presence of God. Spiritual sense alone reveals it, and spiritual sense is developed through the conscious dwelling in thought of God, and what it is, and where we find it. We should also dwell on the subject: What is man? We are familiar with the statement from the Greek Temple, "Know thyself." Well, close your eyes, get quiet inside, and ask yourself: "What am I?" If arms, legs, head, and brain are not me but mine, who is this possessor of the body and mind? If I think, who and what is the thinker? These thoughts lead to the understanding of God. Do we think often enough of what the word "God" means to us? Not what it means to our friends or neighbors, but what it means to us! Man is the manifestation of God, and how can we know man until we know that of which he is constituted. The manifestation of God is not a mortal, a material being. God can be manifest only in its nature, character, and quality. Therefore, the attempt to heal or enrich a human cannot be the way to manifest God. As we dwell in thought on what the nature of divine being is, we behold man, the manifestation of divine being, and there we find the infinity, eternality, and harmony of our own being. "Therefore the world (mankind) knoweth us not, because it knew him (divine being) not." 2 God manifests itself as love, life, being; and man is that love, life, and being made manifest. "Ye shall know the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Early Years_ Chapter 2, God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:40- 85K
Find Similar Documents
The Foundation of Mysticism: Chapter 1, Laying the Foundation The Healing Principles
- ... When my mind is filled with truth and love, "neither do I condemn thee." All who enter this hall are forgiven their sins of omission or commission. They come into his grace because my mind is filled with his grace, with his word, with his truth, and all who enter here enter the divine presence and receive forgiveness and regeneration. They even find that the lost years of the locust are restored to them by the divine grace which God has given me as truth. "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. "Every word of truth which constitutes my consciousness is bread and wine, water, meat, life, and resurrection unto all who enter my consciousness. Truth is the divine influence; love is the divine influence. If my mind, my consciousness, my soul is filled with truth, spiritual truth and love, all who enter my consciousness partake of that divine bread, meat, wine, and water which is life eternal. Through the truth embodied in my consciousness, I am a law unto you: a law of healing, a law of forgiveness, a law of grace and benediction, even a law of supply. 1 Just think, this is you talking to yourself, thinking within yourself. You are not an isolated person separate and apart from every person in this room. I am in you, you are in me, and we are in God. So ... You are virtually saying, "Don't forgive me as I don't forgive." You are setting the price of your own freedom or bondage. Therefore, in your treatment work, you must provide a minute to consciously release all who have offended, whether it is an offense against you, against democracy, against justice, against nations, or against the word of God. Set them free. Release them. Ask God's forgiveness. Be willing that they be forgiven without penalty regardless of the nature of their offense, even as Jesus forgave the adulteress, even as he forgave the thief dying on the cross. Be sure you are praying that God opens the minds and souls and consciousness of those ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...tion The Healing Principles.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:48- 134K
Find Similar Documents
The Foundation of Mysticism: Chapter 9, Metaphysics and Mysticism - The Infinite Way Path
- ~ 9 ~ METAPHYSICS AND MYSTICISM: THE INFINITE WAY PATH Many of you who have been in class work with me know that at no time in my life did I dream of there being such a work as the message of the Infinite Way or that I would ever be connected in any way with a spiritual teaching. My work was in the business world, and while I was never interested in any organized religion, I did have that longing to know what made the wheels of truth go 'round, especially after I began traveling in Europe in 1909. There, for the first time, I was awakened to man's inhumanity to man: I was awakened to the fights, the discords, the inharmonies that take place, and to the dens of iniquity that existed. I didn't know they existed in the United States too, but I learned later we also had our own San Francisco and New Orleans, and these things puzzled me because there were so many religions that claimed there is a God. So it was, I turned my attention to learning more about God. My only purpose was to find out for myself what lies behind this world, so I asked why this thing called God, or man called God, or whatever this being is, wasn't doing something about the sins of the world, the wars, the discords, the causes of strife. I was only a youngster in New York when the first ladies' ready-to-wear strike took place where men and women were killed, beaten up, and injured in the name of business. I remember when the steel workers in Pennsylvania were striking for a dollar-and-a-half a day and the militia was called out to shoot them down. I wondered about these things. I was in London in 1909 when the German and English fleets were lined up against each other in the North Sea, the World War ready to start. It was man's inhumanity to man that brought me to the search for truth but with no other object or motive than to learn for myself why, if there truly were a God he would permit this inhumanity. Many years later, when my first religious experience took place, it brought with it the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ism - The Infinite Way Path.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:50- 136K
Find Similar Documents
A Message for the Ages: Chapter 5, Infinite Way Pearls
- Chapter Five Infinite Way Pearls Several major contributions have been made to the world through the Infinite Way. One of these does away with belief, faith, and hope in God as a word in the mind or as existing some place remote from us, and reveals instead that the illumined consciousness of an individual is God. When a person has the mind that was in Christ Jesus, he has the God-mind. When he does not have the mind that was in Christ Jesus, in reality he has no God, for there is no God separate and apart from the illumined consciousness of an individual. The unillumined consciousness is not God, but the illumined consciousness is. Is there any principle in the Infinite Way greater than the truth that God is individual consciousness, your consciousness and mine? This is the top secret because to my knowledge it is the first time it has been revealed. Everyone has a consciousness; therefore, everyone has God; but there are two states of consciousness: the illumined consciousness and the unillumined consciousness. Your consciousness and mine are either unillumined or illumined. It may not be wholly unillumined and it may not be wholly illumined, but it is at some stage in between. If the unillumined have a God at all, it is a God separate and apart from their own being. It may be something as paganistic as a man on a cross or a man who walked the streets of Galilee. But if a person has a man for a God, either the man of Galilee or an old gentleman up in the sky with a great big book, marking down a person's good days and his bad days, he is totally unillumined. The closer a person comes to the realization that the kingdom of God is within him, the more quickly he will go from the unillumined to the illumined, until he finally reaches the realization: God constitutes my individual consciousness; therefore, my consciousness is imbued with the quantities and qualities of God- not just a little bit but the fullness of God. The highest illumination involves an awareness ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter 5, Infinite Way Pearls.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:56- 123K
Find Similar Documents
I Stand on Holy Ground: Chapter 12, The Ye-Shall-Know-the-Truth Way
- Chapter Twelve The Ye-Shall-Know-the-Truth Way The spiritual or contemplative life is a specific way of life that has a specific purpose. It is one on which a person does not embark unthinkingly or without a reason, nor is it something that one arbitrarily chooses. Furthermore, there is a specific method of introducing this way of life into consciousness and of applying it to daily life. Normally, human beings have very little control over their lives or their destiny. They are subject, for example, to weather and climate, to the limitations of their education, and they are usually subject to the mores of their particular world. So many circumstances outside and beyond their control govern their lives that it is almost ludicrous to say that any human being is master of his own fate. But it has been known throughout all time, and it is now being introduced again into the world, that this need not be so, although in this age, it is easy to be tempted by current psychological beliefs into believing that we are victims of circumstances beyond our control. It is not necessary, however, for a person to fall afoul of all the evils that beset humankind, because every individual, free or slave, has within himself the God-given capacity to rise above and out of his condition in life. Slave races from all parts of the globe have broken out of their slavery; downtrodden people of all races have attained emancipation, freedom, and sometimes great glory. Your Good Is Not Dependent on Time or Circumstances No one is born without an inner capacity for God-living and God- expression, but the one thing necessary is to know the truth. Because a thousand may fall at your left and ten thousand at your right, it does not follow that these evils need come near your dwelling place. It does follow, however, that you are the only one who can prevent them from touching you or your affairs. This is not something that anyone can do for you, not your parents, your family, or your children: it is ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Ye-Shall-Know-the-Truth Way.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:38- 119K
Find Similar Documents
Leave Your Nets: Chapter 2, Knowing the Unknowable
- ~ 2 ~ KNOWING THE UNKNOWABLE Truth is infinite. Yes, truth is infinite, but that truth is within you. Then, how great is your capacity? How big are you? Infinite! Infinite, because infinity cannot be confined in anything less than infinity. Because of that, the true nature of your being is infinite, and from the depths of your being, infinity must flow. Nothing can be added to you: not even truth. Therefore, the only truth of which you can ever become aware is the truth that is already within your own being. There are many ways of bringing truth to awareness and to conscious realization, bringing it into expression and activity. It is possible to retire to a mountain or a valley somewhere, take a little cabin for a month, six months, or a year or two, and just meditate day and night, and day and night, and day and night, remain alone, away from the world, carrying perhaps only a book of scripture, meditating, abiding in quietness and in peace, and praying and praying and praying. Eventually the truth that is within your own consciousness will begin to flow, to unfold, to come forth, and to reveal itself. In the end, if you are faithful and persevere, you will know all the truth that has ever been revealed since the dawn of civilization. That is one way. Another way is through following some system of spiritual teaching in which there is a teacher with a measure of spiritual consciousness who, through his written or spoken word, is able to open the consciousness of those who come to him. One state of enlightened divine consciousness can be to thousands desiring illumination what the sunlight is to the bud, opening it into the flower. "I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me." 1 "I, if I be lifted up" can draw all those who are searching and seeking to my level of consciousness. To no one does this apply more aptly than to the teacher of spiritual wisdom. The spiritual teacher can be a teacher only in proportion as he has received some measure ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...r 2, Knowing the Unknowable.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:40- 117K
Find Similar Documents
Realization of Oneness: Chapter 11, Lifting Up The I
- 11) Lifting Up the I There is no one mode, means, method, or system which can correctly be called metaphysical or spiritual healing. In fact, there are as many different approaches to spiritual healing as there are in materia medica with its allopathy, homeopathy, osteopathy, chiropractic, and naprapathy, all different forms of materia medica. In the world of metaphysical and spiritual healing, there are the evangelists who, by the grace of God, have received some special state of consciousness through which they heal without knowing how, why, or wherefore. For the most part, they do not have the slightest idea of any principle involved in healing: they only know that healings do take place, sometimes through the spoken word and sometimes through the laying on of hands. Apparently, it is something that is just a part of their being, something that has come to them at a particular period in their life, and something over which they have no control. Then there are those approaches to healing which employ mental means and, by suggestion, attempt to change a diseased or evil condition into a good one. There are also methods which attempt to combine the mental and the spiritual. A person who has had any experience with other forms of metaphysical or spiritual healing and decides to practice healing through Infinite Way healing principles may have to unlearn most of what he has previously known in order to grasp these principles, and if he encounters difficulty on the way it is probably because he has not yet unlearned enough. AN UNDERSTANDING OF IMMORTALITY, BASIC TO HEALING The Infinite Way begins with an infinite, ever present, omnipotent God. Its premise is that there is no imperfection in any part of God or of God's creation, none whatsoever! God is perfect being, and so, therefore, is God's creation. No one was ever born, and no one will ever die; no one ever had a beginning, and no one will ever have an ending. One way to understand the continuity of life is ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 11, Lifting Up The I.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:05- 157K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Power of Truth: Chapter 4, Your True Identity
- ... So the evil that was destined against man was directed to its rightful source, God, and because there was nothing there to aim evil at, or hit, it boomeranged and destroyed the sender. Now, we have two things to remember. One is that it wasn't really Sapphira or her husband that held out. Really and truly, it was this carnal mind operating through them; and since this carnal mind isn't a person and hasn't a person in whom and through or upon whom to operate, it becomes nothingness when you impersonalize it. Now, begin to agree that you have not done this unto me, because there is no me separate and apart from God. I have no selfhood except for the capital S Selfhood; therefore you have not aimed this at me but at God. You will find that you have impersonalized your Self, and any human error that is aimed at you will not strike you. Then remember that those who aim evil in your direction are really not aiming it at all; they are merely instruments through which the carnal mind is operating. You will thereby more than likely release them from their sin and bring about their forgiveness. In other words, if you personalize it and say, "You have done this unto me," it may turn around and strike back. If it did, it would be the fault of the sender in the sense of allowing themselves to be used. However, we want to go higher than being avenged. We want to go higher than seeking revenge upon someone. We want to see those who do evil to us forgiven, released from whatever evil is grasping them. So the safe way is, if in your experience there is any ingratitude aimed at you or any lack of mercy or injustice, realize, first of all, your capital S Self and then realize "This is really not aimed at me at all, this is aimed at God." Also realize that it isn't even people or a person who is aiming it; they are merely the innocent victims, ignorant victims, of the carnal mind-of the ignorance shown in "Father, forgive them, they know not what they do." You will have nullified this ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...apter 4, Your True Identity.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:21- 100K
Find Similar Documents
The Joel Goldsmith Reader: Knowing the Unknowable
- Knowing the Unknowable Truth is infinite. Yes, truth is infinite, but that truth is within you. Then, how great is your capacity? How big are you? Infinite! Infinite, because infinity cannot be confined in anything less than infinity. Because of that, the true nature of your being is infinite, and from the depths of your being, infinity must flow. Nothing can be added to you: not even truth. Therefore, the only truth of which you can ever become aware is the truth that is already within your own being. There are many ways of bringing truth to awareness and to conscious realization, bringing it into expression and activity. It is possible to retire to a mountain or a valley somewhere, take a little cabin for a month, six months, or a year or two, and just meditate day and night, and day and night, and day and night, remain alone, away from the world, carrying perhaps only a book of scripture, meditating, abiding in quietness and in peace, and praying and praying and praying. Eventually the truth that is within your own consciousness will begin to flow, to unfold, to come forth, and to reveal itself. In the end, if you are faithful and persevere, you will know all the truth that has ever been revealed since the dawn of civilization. That is one way. Another way is through following some system of spiritual teaching in which there is a teacher with a measure of spiritual consciousness who, through his written or spoken word, is able to open the consciousness of those who come to him. One state of enlightened divine Consciousness can be to thousands desiring illumination what the sunlight is to the bud, opening it into the flower. "I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me." 1 "I, if I be lifted up" can draw all those who are searching and seeking to my level of consciousness. To no one does this apply more aptly than to the teacher of spiritual wisdom. The spiritual teacher can be a teacher only in proportion as he has received some measure of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...der_ Knowing the Unknowable.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:19- 121K
Find Similar Documents