The Foundation of Mysticism: Chapter 17, Spiritual Supply and Healing - Awakening to the Mystical Experience of Oneness
- ~ 17 ~ SPIRITUAL SUPPLY AND HEALING: AWAKENING TO THE MYSTICAL EXPERIENCE OF ONENESS The Infinite Way is not organized, has no corporate entity and has no memberships, therefore nobody belongs to the Infinite Way. This is the result of spiritual guidance which I follow. The object of it is to enable me to present to the world the principles which constitute the Infinite Way and to permit those who respond to accept them, follow them if they like, and those who do not, to turn from them, or else follow them in whatever measure is possible. In other words, I have no ties to our students, no strings, and they are under no obligation to me or to anybody. This has made it possible for me to be invited into Unity churches, New Thought churches, even Protestant churches, and for the writings, starting with The Art of Meditation 1 and Practicing the Presence, 2 to be accepted in Protestant churches of all denominations in the United States and Canada. This enables them to embody any of the principles, any of the teachings, in their individual lives, whether they're ministers or whether they're laymen, and yet remain on the path which for the present may be their religious path. The principles that are embodied in these writings are not mine. I did not make them up; I did not dream them up. They came to me in consciousness, and therefore they are not mine. They should be made available to anyone, anywhere, at any time, who can accept them, receive them, and respond to them. And that's the way it is. By having no organization, no memberships, no obligations, those who are led to these writings may embody them to whatever degree they wish and still maintain their freedom. In this way you will eventually find what we are already beginning to witness: that these very principles are being accepted as truth in many religious fields and ultimately will become embodied in the religions of the world. And I feel that's far better than putting a barrier around the message and saying it ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...tical Experience of Oneness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:52- 139K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: December 1958, The One Great Miracle
- CHAPTER TWELVE: DECEMBER The One Great Miracle SPOKEN or written words can never adequately convey the idea of the Christ. There is no way to understand the Christ except through the spiritual capacity of discernment-the Soul-capacities. Words are always inadequate. In Hebrew Scripture, the term for the Christ is the Messiah. The Hebrews have always looked forward to the coming of a Messiah, but no one knows whether, in the beginning, they were expecting a man or whether they understood the term Messiah to mean a power or a presence. But whatever their concept of the Messiah, they knew Its function and what might be expected of It: The Messiah was to bring them freedom. That may be interpreted as political freedom since they were political slaves, or as economic freedom since they were in bondage to poverty, or as physical or moral freedom since there is no doubt but that they were slaves to sensuality and to the characteristics that were bred in the conditions in which they found themselves. It may be that they thought of the Messiah as freeing them from outside influences, or they may have understood the word more correctly than we imagine: They may have understood the Messiah to be that which freed them from themselves-from their slavery to sense, their slavery to false ideas, their slavery to ignorance. To me, the Messiah is that which frees us from ourselves, from a limited sense of self. We are never enslaved by anybody or any condition, except by that which we have either made or accepted for ourselves. We make our own conditions of slavery or we passively accept conditions without a realization that there is that within us which could set us free. The Hebrews, however, did come to a place where their expectancy was a man. Isaiah speaks of that man as the Prince of Peace, the mighty Counsellor, one whose name shall be called Wonderful. To a man of such enlightenment as Isaiah, it may be that although using the term, "man" or "he", he really was referring to a ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...1958, The One Great Miracle.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:59- 128K
Find Similar Documents
The Journey Back to the Father's House: Chapter 9, The Spiritual Kingdom Made Tangible
- Chapter Nine The Spiritual Kingdom Made Tangible As we grow more and more proficient in meditation, we will become more quiet inside, so that eventually we can hear the still small voice, which is the object of meditation. God is not in the whirlwind or in the storm; God is not in disaster or disease; God is not in the troubles of the world. God is in the "still small voice," 1 and when "he uttered his voice, the earth melted." 2 When God speaks, our problems dissolve, whether they are physical, mental, moral, financial, or whatever they may be. When we hear the voice of God, our entire outer universe changes. The whole world becomes different after we have begun to receive impartations from within. God Must Be Realized The secret revealed in spiritual teaching is that God is not in the visible universe, except where God is realized. The Hebrew people were in slavery to Pharaoh for hundreds of years, and yet they prayed to God religiously and faithfully and to the best of their ability. But nothing changed their slavery; and God was nowhere visible in their experience. When Moses came face to face with God and heard the voice, however, not all of Pharaoh's armies could enslave the Hebrews any longer. Moses, even without armies, without arms, without weapons, was enabled to bring about the release of the Hebrew people from Pharaoh, in spite of his armies. That was possible because Moses was able to bring to bear the actual presence of God, not praying to a God, but actually bringing God's presence to earth in human consciousness. The Hebrew prophets at different times brought some measure of freedom to the Hebrew people, but the Hebrews of those days were somewhat in the same position that people of the world are today. No matter how many times they get their freedom, they go back into slavery in some form or other. It makes no difference whether we think we are in slavery or not, we have been for a long time and so has the world. Why? The same reason the Hebrews ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...itual Kingdom Made Tangible.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:24- 124K
Find Similar Documents
The Thunder of Silence: Chapter XVII, Your Father Knoweth
- CHAPTER XVII YOUR FATHER KNOWETH There is a way of living, not by might, nor by power, but by the grace of God. However, when we decide what it is we want and how we want it, when we seek to educate God and tell Him how He should operate, we set ourselves up as possessing greater wisdom and intelligence than God, and thereby block the flow of God's grace. If we understand the nature of God, we will never remind God of anything that concerns us or our affairs, and we shall never be tempted to usurp the prerogatives of the all-knowing Intelligence and Love which "knoweth that [we] have need of all these things." Is asking God for things an indication that we understand God to be Intelligence and Love, or do not such requests imply that we believe God is withholding something from us? Can we really be concerned about food, clothing, or anything in this world when we have the direct assurance that our heavenly Father knows that we have need of all these things? Did not Jesus instruct us to take no thought for our life, for what we should eat or what we should drink, nor yet for our body, what we should put on? Why do we seek for bread, wine, or water, for clothing, companionship, money, or capital when the promise is that in His presence there is fullness of life and that it is His good pleasure for us to share His riches. Because of the infinity of God, all that is, is already omnipresent. It is impossible for God to give or send us anything. God does not provide an apple or an automobile. God is the apple; God is the automobile-God appears as. There is no such thing as God and. It is for that reason that the only demonstration there is for us to make is the demonstration of God's presence. In demonstrating God's presence, we demonstrate life eternal, an infinity of supply, brotherhood, peace, joy, protection, and safety. In His presence there is fullness of life-nothing is absent. When we have God's presence, we have God appearing as good, as clothing, as housing. But ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...r XVII, Your Father Knoweth.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:42- 89K
Find Similar Documents
The World Is New: Chapter 5, Carriers of the Divine Message
- ~ 5 ~ CARRIERS OF THE DIVINE MESSAGE EVERY WORD THAT IS SPOKEN and every moment of silence are the same thread of continuity of spiritual Consciousness expressing Itself. But while It expresses Itself in words and in thoughts, Its most powerful mode of expression is silence. Our thoughts and words are very weak substitutes for the real teaching, which comes through the silent and still activity of our Soul and is best apprehended in silence. Truth is not new. It is as ancient as the ancient of days. The Christ has been made manifest throughout all time in various forms and has appeared as many different people. They stalk through our minds, these people of the past, leaving in our minds the impressions of their thoughts and acts, their desires and aims, their hopes and their faith, and ofttimes their accomplishments and failures. They relive the history of the ages for us, telling and retelling the struggles of mankind, its comedy and its drama. The philosophy and the religion of all eras pass by as in review, and we watch them go from the freedom of inspired thought to their imprisonment in organization and human interpretation. We follow the flight of the universal Light as It inspires the meditations and prayers of Buddha, Shankara, Jesus, John and Paul; we see Its illumination touch the consciousness of these inspired souls; and again we witness the sad spectacle of this Light being chained by men in personalities. What is this Light men seek to personify? Why does not man push aside the veil covering his eyes that he may behold the impersonal Savior and Physician? Purifier of the individual soul and healer of the personal body, glorious Light of all ages-nameless, formless, universal, impersonal-O man, enlarge your vision and behold It here and now. It walks beside you by day and sits by your side at night; on your journey It travels as Guide and Protector; in your work It serves to inspire and direct. Open your consciousness, now, and let this Presence in. ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...riers of the Divine Message.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:43- 107K
Find Similar Documents
A Parenthesis in Eternity: Chapter XXIX, Beyond Time and Space
- CHAPTER XXIX BEYOND TIME AND SPACE As human beings we live in the past, the present, and the future. The past has been, and there is nothing more we can do about it; the future has not come, and there is nothing that a human being can do except wait to see what the future is going to do to him. On the spiritual path our whole attitude toward the past and the future is changed because we realize that we are building our future now. Whatever fills our consciousness this minute is the seed we are sowing, and it determines the type of fruitage we will have. If we are sowing to the flesh, we will reap a future of corruption; whereas, if we sow to the Spirit, we will reap in the future, life everlasting. In the absolute sense there is no future: the future is only a continuation of the present; it is an extension in time and space of the present; and it is safe to say that our future will be this present, whatever this present is, extended into time and space. Since life is consciousness, the seeds that we sow in our consciousness at any and every moment of the day will determine the nature of the crops that we will reap in that extension of the present which is called the future. There is no future separate and apart from this minute: the future is only this minute extending itself, and the nature of that future must be the nature of this minute extending itself. So, if we abide in the Word and let the Word abide in us now, we will reap richly, spiritually, divinely, and harmoniously. Man is continually sowing the seeds of his own future. Each minute of his life he is building tomorrow, and next year, and the year following, and even ensuring that there will be these years to come. We build our life in consciousness by the nature of that which occupies our thoughts. As we live this minute, this minute extends itself forward into time and space, carrying with it the quality with which we have imbued this minute. If constantly and consciously we are realizing that God is ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...XXIX, Beyond Time and Space.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:03- 111K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: April 26, 1964, Access to Infinity
- ACCESS TO INFINITY April 26, 1964 Between Two Worlds Honolulu, Hawaii "TO BE POPULAR or not to be popular? That is the question." After a lesson such as we had this morning, it would be very easy to be popular because the message sounded so beautiful as it was coming through. It would be a simple matter to be popular by saying nothing more about it, but actually that lesson can only be of benefit in proportion to what you do with it now that you have it: "Between Two Worlds-Man of Earth, Man In Christ, Life By Grace," 1964 Oahu & Maui Series, Reel V , Side 2. Let us take the unfoldment about the source, divine consciousness, infinite consciousness being the consciousness of the men and women of the past, present, and future-going back six thousand years and looking ahead to the next six thousand years and to all the men and women who will appear on the surface of the earth. Then remember that the infinite consciousness of all the spiritual lights, inventors, composers, writers, is that same consciousness that has appeared on earth, will appear on earth, and is available to us on earth here and now. Remember that we, through our individual consciousness, have access to the infinite consciousness and that this includes not only spiritual wisdom but all of the wisdom of the ages: commercial, economic, artistic. If you go back to the wisdom schools of Egypt two thousand years B.C., you will read of the discoveries of mathematics, science, and all of the principles that govern navigation, and you will have to ask yourself, "Whence came this?" You will then discover that these men, living in monasteries with only blank walls and a very limited amount of writing material, brought forth these laws of mathematics through their hours and hours and weeks and months and years of inner searching. They were the very laws that were responsible for the road building, the palaces, temples, and pyramids which now exist in Egypt, India, China, Cambodia, and South America. Thousands of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...6, 1964, Access to Infinity.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:07- 97K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: March 15, 1964, Impersonalization and Silence
- IMPERSONALIZATION AND SILENCE March 15, 1964 The Halekulani Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii REMEMBERING THE SERIES that we concluded before we left on the trip to California, when you enter meditation and close your eyes to this world, remember that you are now in the corridor-or at least you are behind the door that opens to infinity. Through your consciousness you have access to the spiritual infinity of God, the kingdom of God, the realm of God, the world of God, the activity of God, the substance and the law of God. All of this is within you and yet the Master says "I stand at the door and knock." 1 I, the infinity, the kingdom, the realm, the world, the activity, thence, the law of God am closer to you than breathing, awaiting your invitation to enter-not to enter from outside because the kingdom of God is already within you, but to go from the center of you to the circumference-from the inner to the outer. This active meditation is really the opening of an inner door. In Los Angeles we started off with the dedication of a new study center, the one that has been opened by Mrs. Muhl. It is small, seats about forty students, is beautifully furnished, and will give an atmosphere for those out in the valley. California is certainly thriving; we had close to five hundred students in the Los Angeles class and close to four hundred in San Francisco. World work gets a great deal of attention in California, but you can see that world work is only going to produce fruitage as students can rise above their personal convictions. This presents a problem because we must in no wise lose our convictions. In other words it would be wrong to lose our convictions of what we believe to be right politically, economically, commercially, and internationally. When you come to world work you have to be in a position of being able to completely put those aside, first by acknowledging that no matter how much you are convinced that you are right, perhaps you are wrong. Let me illustrate: In my ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...personalization and Silence.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:17- 105K
Find Similar Documents
God Formed Us For His Glory: Chapter 3, The Nature of the Messiah
- Chapter Three The Nature of the Messiah The unfoldment of the activity of the Infinite Way is a testimony to the validity of the principles it sets forth. To begin with, here was a man in California who wrote a book presumed to be just a little pocket companion for himself and a few friends. He decided that a thousand copies would be more than enough for all persons, but the publisher pointed out that two thousand copies would cost very little more than one thousand, so two thousand were run off. I thought, of course, that we would have to have a great deal of storage space to take care of the second thousand. Never did the idea occur to me that this message would travel around the world or that it would be of interest to anybody except the small group of patients and students who were around me. Furthermore, at that time there was no money for any kind of promotional activity; there were no "angels" to provide financial help; there was no organization, which there still is not; and there was no thought of my going any further than Los Angeles, California, with the message. No one was more surprised than I when someone invited me to give lectures in San Francisco, four hundred miles away. I thought, "What! Way up there they want to hear about this! That is strange, but it is beautiful because I would enjoy spending a week in San Francisco." I thought that that, too, would surely be the end of this activity. And what has happened to the Infinite Way since those early days? It was first carried across the United States and Canada. Then a letter came from an important publisher in London, asking if he could publish a British edition of The Infinite Way. Could he? Why, that is a dream! Many American writers had been unable to have their books published in England after the war because of the scarcity of paper. Yet here was a firm asking, "May we?" That was not the end of it. Another firm in England asked to publish my books, followed by a request from Holland, and then ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., The Nature of the Messiah.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:31- 124K
Find Similar Documents
God The Substance of All Form: Chapter 11, States & Stages of Consciousness
- ~ 11 ~ STATES AND STAGES OF CONSCIOUSNESS And the Lord said unto me, Behold, I have put my words in thy mouth. See, I have this day set thee over the nations and over the kingdoms, to root out, and to pull down, and to destroy, and to throw down, to build, and to plant. Jeremiah 1:9, 10 That was not said to a man; that was said to a state of consciousness, a state of spiritual consciousness. That state of consciousness not only roots out, but it also plants; it destroys, but it builds. The only thing that it tears down and destroys is a false sense, a false sense of God, a false sense of the universe, a false sense of your individual being and body: What it builds up is the realization of true identity-a knowledge of the world as it really is and of all that is in the world. There are states and stages of consciousness, however, and when we are working in the human world with our human resources, with our human wisdom and physical strength, we are living in and through a material state of consciousness. The world as a whole was for the most part in a state of material consciousness until the middle of the nineteenth century when it advanced into a more mental state of consciousness. Always, there have been a few people who have to some extent known the mental realm-the artists, writers, and visionaries of all time. When the power of the mind was first brought to the attention of the world at large during the middle of the last century, the world seemed ready to advance into a mental state of consciousness, and it began to do mentally what had formerly been performed physically. In other words, healings of the body which had formerly been accomplished by means of medicines, herbs, or plasters now were being brought about by "thinking thoughts," by mental suggestion, at times even auto-suggestion. All types of healing by mental means came into being, from the out-and-out hypnotic to that which was just a mild form of suggestion or auto-suggestion. The Mystical State ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...s & Stages of Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:35- 127K
Find Similar Documents