The Heart of Mysticism: February 1959, A Lesson To Sam
- ... It is His good pleasure to give you the kingdom, and God does not even hold you in punishment for your sins. Even though you make a mistake, even though you commit a sin, if you are truly repentant in the sense that you realize that you have sinned and that it wasn't right, in that instant you are forgiven. You do not carry around the penalty any longer than you carry around the obstinacy of believing you are right when you know in your heart and Soul you are wrong. Do you understand that? You cannot go around and do wrong and not acknowledge it to yourself and expect that you can receive God's grace. You receive God's grace every time you acknowledge within yourself, "I know I've done wrong," or perhaps, "I don't know that I've done wrong, but if I have, God, wipe it out, because it wasn't intentional. I never mean to do wrong, but always want to do unto others as I would have others do unto me." In that way, you purify yourself. I have been healed of illnesses merely by asking God's forgiveness for my sins; and of course, my sins are not major ones because you know that is not our mode of living. But whatever it is-when we are guilty of holding people in criticism or condemnation, or when we are not loving enough or forgiving enough-we are sinning against the Holy Spirit. So it is a wholesome thing once in a while to go to God and say, "I realize that humanly I haven't been perfect; therefore, forgive my sins, forgive my trespasses, and let's start all over again." In this way, Sam, you will learn the greatest lesson that I have ever learned, and that is that the place whereon I stand is holy ground. God is right here where I am, and God is available the very minute that I stop talking and stop thinking and turn within in humility, acknowledging God's grace, God's power, God's Spirit within me, and then relax for just a minute or two and let that Spirit take over. That really is all there is to the whole Infinite Way. All the writings of The Infinite Way are only ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ruary 1959, A Lesson To Sam.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:00- 127K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: July 1957, Supply
- CHAPTER SEVEN: JULY Supply THERE is one aspect of the subject of spiritual living and spiritual healing, which puzzles every beginner in the work. Not only does it confuse the beginner, but it perplexes many people who have made some strides upon the spiritual path; and yet it is a subject which never enters the thought of those who are well advanced in spiritual awareness. That subject is supply. It puzzles everyone in the beginning, because not only is it a difficult subject to understand, but it is also difficult to see how it is related to the spiritual life. Supply is something the beginner is often overly eager to demonstrate, or, through lack of understanding, refuses to think about because to him it is not spiritual, and, therefore, unworthy of consideration by a serious student on the spiritual path. Of course, nothing could be further from the truth. As a matter of fact, there is no higher subject in the whole kingdom of heaven, nor one more closely related to the entire spiritual life than that of supply. Sometimes, as the student progresses in his study and work, he tends to push the subject of supply away from him because now it would appear that his mind ought to be on something higher, something more noble, something more spiritual. For the student who is far along on the spiritual path, supply is no longer a matter of concern, because with an understanding of the subject comes a knowledge of what it is. It has become so much a part of consciousness that it requires no conscious thought. The beginner is confused about this subject because he believes that supply consists of money, property, investments, or business. These things are not supply: They are the products of supply; they are the visible evidence of supply-the out- picturing of supply. Supply is a spiritual subject, a deeply spiritual subject; it is the most spiritual subject you will ever encounter, because supply is the realization of God. It is an activity of truth which takes place ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ysticism_ July 1957, Supply.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:02- 158K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: October 1959, Freeing Ourselves From Universal Claims
- CHAPTER TEN: OCTOBER Freeing Ourselves from Universal Claims IN spiritual healing, there is always the temptation to try to improve the human scene. The first and normal reaction is to attempt to make a sick person well, to obtain employment for the unemployed, to bring supply to the needy, and happiness to the unhappy. Such persistent attempts at human betterment, however, usually result only in failure. Even though you perceive the significance of this point at this moment, you probably will find it difficult in giving a treatment to refrain from the temptation to desire to change the appearance into an opposite, better appearance. The desire to improve human conditions is natural to you and to me, and it was undoubtedly natural also to Jesus Christ, or he would not have had to go away forty days to renew himself, nor would he have had to leave his disciples every once in awhile for that same purpose, because the only renewal any of us ever needs is to break the mesmerism of appearances. That is the only reason we ever have to pray and commune with the Father; that is the only reason we ever have to go away to be still. There is no other reason. Furthermore, even though many of us are not mesmerized by most forms of error, some of us are still mesmerized in a large measure by good humanhood. The destructive and evil aspects of human-hood rarely tempt us now, but many of us are still tempted by its seemingly more desirable aspects, which in the final analysis are but the opposite of the evil humanhood and in the end can be just as destructive. Give Up All Attempts to Change the Human Picture So it is that, when we sit down to help others, one of our first realizations must be, "I am not trying to change sick matter into healthy matter; I am not trying to change a little matter into a lot of matter; I am not trying to make unhappy people happy. My aim in this meditation is to realize, behold, and demonstrate the Christ." In other words, our function is to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...elves From Universal Claims.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:11- 138K
Find Similar Documents
The Infinite Way: Putting On Immortality
- ... We are not now speaking truth but receiving truth, and that which we receive in silence we may speak from the housetops with authority. Spiritual healing is the natural result of a divinely illumined consciousness. We are illumined only as we are receptive and responsive to spiritual illumination. We misunderstand immortality when we think of it as the immortality of the human personality, or personal sense. Death does not produce immortality or end personal sense, nor does the continuation of human existence mean the attainment of immortality. Immortality is attained in proportion as personal sense is overcome, whether here or hereafter. As we put off the personal ego and attain the consciousness of our real Self - the Reality of us, divine Consciousness - we attain immortality. And that can be achieved here and now. The desire to perpetuate our false sense of body and wealth ensnares us into death, or mortality. The first step in the attainment of immortality is living out from the center of our being, as in the idea of unfoldment from within, rather than accretion: It is the giving sense rather than getting; being rather than attaining. In this consciousness, there is no condemnation, judgment, hatred, or fear, but rather a continuous feeling of love and forgiveness. It is not a simple matter to show forth the joy and peace of immortality, because to those intent on preserving their present concepts of being, immortality would appear to be extinction. This is not the case: It is the eternal preservation of all that is real, fine, noble, harmonious, gracious, unselfish, and peaceful. It is reality brought to light in place of the illusion of sense. It is the conscious awareness of the infinity of individual being replacing the finite sense of existence. Selfishness and conceit fall away in the realization of the divinity of our being. This realization brings forth patience and forbearance with those still struggling in mortal, material consciousness. It is being ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Way_ Putting On Immortality.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:14- 96K
Find Similar Documents
The Journey Back to the Father's House: Chapter 12, Spiritual Preparation for Peace
- Chapter Twelve Spiritual Preparation for Peace Many students, even after they are on the spiritual path, think that there is some truth or some message to be found in a book or in the Bible that will change the nature of their life, that is, improve it, and do it quickly. The truth is that there is no message or teaching that can have that much power. Truth Cannot Be Revealed Through the Mind There is a truth, however, a startling truth, revealed by the great mystics of all ages, but it cannot be accepted by most persons because it cannot be understood through the mind. "The natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God." 1 Therefore, the natural man, with this reasoning, thinking mind, can never grasp truth, and even if by some miracle the truth could be given to that mind it would benefit no one. There is a story that goes back probably five thousand years illustrating this, relating to a time when the ultimate of truth was known, and some who wanted to know this truth were determined to find it. It has always been believed that it would take a person anywhere from six to nine years to be able to grasp truth, even though when the truth was given to him it could be given to him in one sentence. It has always been considered, even four or five thousand years ago, that there must be a period of from six to nine years before an individual's consciousness could be prepared to receive the truth. These men, however, were determined to have it sooner than that and to bypass those years of inner preparation. But whether or not they received it, it did them no good. Ever since that time, men have tried to give forth truth in a capsule or even in a book, but it is not possible. The mind of the natural man, the mind with which or into which he is born, cannot accept truth. Because of that, there must be a period between the time that a person's interest in truth is aroused and the time when his consciousness is prepared to accept it, that is, when he arrives at a ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...itual Preparation for Peace.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:25- 130K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: February 2, 1964, Realizing the Non-power of Appearances
- REALIZING THE NON-POWER OF APPEARANCES February 2, 1964 HUMAN EXISTENCE IS GOVERNED principally by emotions, and if you analyze your relationships with your family, your business associates, your friends, and your enemies, you will notice that very little reason enters into the relationships. It is mostly emotion, which is why most people lose money in speculation, because emotion controls them more than reason. When emotion controls you, you have no opportunity of benefitting by principles of life. When you are facing a situation and withdraw emotion long enough to realize the impersonal nature of the appearance, you immediately begin to dispel it. The natural tendency is to personalize and that is why it has been said, and rightly so, that it is unwise to discuss either religion or politics. The reason, of course, is that emotion enters in and makes it virtually impossible to talk about these subjects objectively. You would very quickly see what I mean if you could be in England during a pre-election campaign and witness how little emotion enters into the speeches by political candidates. The arguments are always aimed at the candidate's proposition, not at an individual. This is approaching politics with a minimum of emotion and a great deal of objectivity. In the same way we think of disease, sin, lack, and limitation as having to do with a person or persons, and so we center our arguments mentally against a certain person or a certain political party or that church group or that race, and this has been the error that binds men in slavery. There is no possibility of freedom from the human emotions and human passions except by the realization of the impersonal and invisible nature of error which may be operating in and through a person or a group. You do not cure a tree of its illness by cutting off its branches. You lay the axe at the root. Likewise, if you want to cut off the operation of evil in your individual or collective experience, you also have to lay ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...he Non-power of Appearances.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:10- 99K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: January 10, 1964, Three Lost Secrets
- THREE LOST SECRETS January 10, 1964 GOOD EVENING. For your meditation will you please ponder this: You have not come here to hear me, nor to receive a message from me. You have come here to be instructed by the spirit that is within you, to hear the still small voice that is within you, and my part is merely that you may be lifted up to the point of spiritual apprehension or spiritual discernment-not discernment of what I say but discernment of what is revealed within you. It is possible that something may come through my lips that may be the message that you will receive, but do not be surprised if you hear something tonight and discover later that I never said it-if you are not here to see or hear a man but to receive the grace of God. Because if two or more of us unite in this meditation, we will be lifted up to that point of spiritual discernment; then the voice can speak, either through my lips or it may speak directly through your consciousness. I would like to talk tonight about three lost secrets. They are not lost in the sense that they have been lost to consciousness, but they have been lost from mankind. The only reason you have them in active form today is through revelation because, although they exist as written words, they are passed over as if they were not major factors-and they are sadly misinterpreted. Let us take first, secrecy. Secrecy is one of the lost principles of life. What we call benevolence or charity or brotherly love is the second lost secret and, through these, we will come to the third. You must remember that there are two major forms of life, just as there are two major forms of religious life. One form is that which you meet in all religions; it is the religion of the Old Testament, the moral law, the Ten Commandments. It is the Old Testament teaching of "love the lord thy God" and "love thy neighbor as thyself" -to which has been added ceremonies, rituals and rites. This, you might say, is a beginning form of religion, ideally ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...0, 1964, Three Lost Secrets.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:13- 102K
Find Similar Documents
God Formed Us For His Glory: Chapter 12, Preparation for the Advent
- ... When the person was willing to give up that self that wanted to live and agree that he did not care if he died, just as long as somebody else lived, he had gone through one form of preparation and readiness for the God-experience, albeit, an extreme one. In some measure, however, every person must recognize that no more of God is going to enter his consciousness than what he makes room for by emptying out some part of his human selfhood. Forgiveness and Nonresistance as a Preparation for the Christ The whole ministry of Christ Jesus was preparing his followers for the advent, for the experience of God. Jesus said, "Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil."3 Right here is a state of preparation. You either make up your mind to give up seeking revenge, wanting to get even with somebody or believing that it is right to get even with somebody, or you give up any thought of preparing yourself for the spiritual experience. There has to be a time and a place in your consciousness-not a time and place in space-but a time and place in your consciousness when you forsake "an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth"; and are willing to take the next step of forgiving "seventy times seven."4 Giving merely lip service to that idea is not a preparation for the God- experience. The preparation is when, regardless of the offenses that are aimed against you day after day, you are able to forgive seventy times seven. "I forgive them. Father, do not punish them; forgive them their sins. They know not what they do." It sounds easy when you are preaching and teaching. The difficulty comes when you practice it. A teacher must also be a practitioner, otherwise the teacher will never succeed as a teacher. Merely passing this good news on to somebody else is not really being a teacher; a teacher becomes a teacher only when in some degree he is living that idea of forgiveness, of not holding offenses ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Preparation for the Advent.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:33- 127K
Find Similar Documents
Leave Your Nets: Chapter 6, The New Name
- ~ 6 ~ THE NEW NAME "To him that overcometh"-more especially to him who overcomes that desire to seek and to search in the outer realm-"will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth." 1 What is that name? Christ. No more are you Jones, Brown, or Smith; no more are you "man, whose breath is in his nostrils;" 2 no more are you a man seeking good; no more are you a prodigal, separate and apart from the Father's house. Now your name is Christ. Is there anything for the Christ to receive? Or is the Christ that which feeds and heals the multitudes, that which restores and resurrects, that which is, in and of itself, the kingdom of all harmony? A new name you receive: no longer man. But would you tell your friends that you are the Christ? No! Never voice such things as "I am God," "I am spiritual," "I am the Christ," or "I am the son of God." Do not ever do that! It would not be true. It would be just the same as going around and saying, "I am honest; I am moral; I am good." You could hardly do that, and if you did, I am afraid your neighbors might suspect you. And they would certainly have every right to suspect you if you ever said, "I am the Christ." Only once or twice did the Master reveal his true identity. He was very, very careful about that. Even when Pilate asked him, "Art thou the King of the Jews?" Jesus' answer was, "Thou sayest." 3 He did not say it! All life is a matter of choices. "Choose you this day whom ye will serve." 4 If you choose, you can remain "man, whose breath is in his nostrils." If you choose, you can continue your search for good, your search for supply, your search for eternality and for immortality. You can continue your search for peace, and sometime or other you may stumble upon it or it may be brought to you. Or you can give up your search this very moment: you can give up your desire for good; you can give up all expectation of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ts_ Chapter 6, The New Name.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:41- 105K
Find Similar Documents
Living by the Word: Chapter 1, Living by the Word
- Chapter One Living by the Word There comes a certain moment in the experience of every person when a touch of the Spirit breaks through into consciousness, when a ray of light penetrates, not because of him, but in spite of him. From the moment that ray touches him, the end is inevitable: he is going to find his way to the very center of his being, right to the throne of God. For some, the way is long and difficult because of the many facets of humanhood which have been built up and from which we cannot free ourselves. We do not find it easy to let go of many of the qualities which hold us back; and I am not thinking only of the evil qualities. Some of the good ones, too, are positive deterrents to our spiritual progress. As this ray of light continues to penetrate, it pushes us, it leads us, even to the point of stumbling. We have periods of gradual growth toward spiritual consciousness, and then all of a sudden we get a wallop that sets us back about ten degrees, and we have to pick ourselves up and begin all over again. That happens to everybody on this path, who, like most of us, yields reluctantly to the spiritual impulse. There are a few gifted individuals who, before this present experience on earth, have been so wonderfully prepared that their way seems to be much easier than ours. They seem to perceive spiritual light quickly, and their progress appears always to be onward and upward. In that purity of consciousness, the childlike consciousness, which many adults have brought over with them from their previous development, the ascent into spiritual consciousness is a beautiful one, gradual and harmonious, and beset with very few problems, and even those few not of their own making but having to do mostly with their families, friends, and that which they have picked up on the journey. For most people, however, the path is up and down, and usually there comes the realization at the end of a year or two, and possibly at the end of every year or two, "Well, I ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...apter 1, Living by the Word.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:47- 121K
Find Similar Documents