Spiritual Discernment: Chapter 4, Immortality Unveiled
- Chapter Four Immortality Unveiled It is not possible to enter into the Christ-consciousness while you are trying to change appearances. Evil becomes less operative in your life, however, as you rise to a place in consciousness where you recognize that God is Spirit, that Spirit alone is power, and that there is no power aside from Spirit-not that there is not a claim of material and mental power in the human world. But you cannot change that until you rise above the material and mental levels into the spiritual, and it is there that you will recognize the illusory nature of all so-called powers. Actually, it is impossible for an illusion to create any real thing. All it can create is a mental image in thought. The world is the temple of God. It is not an illusion even though some Oriental teachings claim it is. The illusion is in our sense of the world. But what has happened to those who have accepted this world as an illusion? "By their fruits ye shall know them."1 Has there been clearly identifiable fruitage? God never created an illusion, and God did create the world which to human sense is seen "through a glass darkly."2 If only it could be seen face to face, this very universe would be the temple of God, as your individual body would be. Your body is the temple of God, but you are seeing it through the universal belief in two powers, and the sooner you come to some measure of realization of one power, the sooner will your body begin to respond. As you learn this principle of the Infinite Way, you will disregard appearances, knowing that you are witnessing these appearances through the illusory sense of the belief in two powers. Impersonal Nature of Error Makes Healing Relatively Easy Infinite Way work is carried on entirely from the standpoint that all evil, regardless of its name or nature, is impersonal and has its source in a universal belief in two powers. It is for this reason that you never take the name of the patient or the disease into your treatment. ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter 4, Immortality Unveiled.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:14- 121K
Find Similar Documents
Awakening Mystical Consciousness: Chapter 2, Releasing Spiritual Power
- ... The laws of God cannot function in a consciousness filled with false concepts. We must attune ourselves to the Divine. If we look at persons and see all their human differences, before long we will like some and dislike others; we are going to trust some and distrust others. We will have so many differences that our own minds will be confused. If, however, we can recognize that, regardless of appearances, Divinity is the nature of every person's being and that God made us in His own image and likeness, we are knowing the truth about all persons. Whether one is acting it out here on earth or not is none of our business; and if we are aware of any sin in another, instead of sitting in judgment, we should inwardly practice the New Testament principle: "Judge not, that ye be not judged." 18 Therefore, we will not judge: we will take the attitude: "Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do." 19 We are realizing that every person is a branch of the same tree, the Tree of Life. In that, there is no judgment, no criticism. There is forgiveness "seventy times seven," 20 forgiveness and a praying that their eyes be opened. This is attuning ourselves to the Divine, making ourselves receptive to divine healing, to divine Grace, to divine protection because we have wiped out our human concepts of persons and are seeing them as the image and likeness of God, seeing them spiritually as the very Christ of God. We are not using our human judgment; we are using our spiritual intuition to recognize that God made all of us in His own image and likeness and looked on us and found us good. There is nothing in us of criticism, of condemnation, of judgment; and, therefore, our consciousness is open to receive the grace of God. If we believe there are two powers, we are setting up a barrier in our own consciousness. If, however, we are realizing Omnipotence, Omniscience, and Omnipresence, we are again attuning ourselves to the exercise of spiritual power, spiritual wisdom. In the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., Releasing Spiritual Power.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:07- 126K
Find Similar Documents
Living by Grace: Chapter 8, Message to Teachers on the Spiritual Path
- CHAPTER 8 MESSAGE TO TEACHERS ON THE SPIRITUAL PATH The ministry of Truth tempts many to enter the path to gratify their ego in being known as a practitioner or teacher or lecturer or leader or for some other desire for personal gratification. Be sure you have received the signal within, which is your passport on the journey. The greatest temptation above all others is having one's own concept of Truth. Complete discipleship comes only when all sense of personal knowledge of Truth disappears. While we are on earth, there is never a time when we are outside the range of temptation, because temptation is subtle. It can appear as the desire for prestige, wealth, or fame, or it can appear as the temptation to wield power. Once an individual has been touched by the Spirit, people believe that is not possible for them to sin. That is not true! The Bible is filled with those who succumbed to temptation. There was Judas. There was Lot's wife. There was Peter, who denied the Master. Even Jesus was tempted three times, although He did not succumb to these temptations. The person on the spiritual path, even if he is at the beginner's level, should become conscious of the fact that a wrong done by him or her is far more serious than a wrong done by others. A wrong done under the robe of the Spirit is a crime against the Spirit. There is only one Consciousness, so once God Consciousness has become the consciousness of the teacher and the teacher violates that God Consciousness, the penalty is great. That teacher loses the God Consciousness. It is of utmost importance, therefore, that everyone on the spiritual path, but especially those who would be teachers, maintain at all times a high degree of spiritual integrity. Coming into an Awareness of Spirit Healing work cannot be done with the mind, just as God cannot be reached through the mind. If you knew all the truth in metaphysical textbooks such as Science & Health with Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy, or Lessons in ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...chers on the Spiritual Path.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:47- 167K
Find Similar Documents
The World Is New: Chapter 17, Wholeness of Spirit
- ~ 17 ~ WHOLENESS OF SPIRIT IF THE UNIVERSALITY OF THE CHRIST were understood, one church would never be judged as better than another or as nearer the kingdom of God, nor would anyone think that belonging to a certain group, sect or organization in some way entitled him to benefits of God which others could not enjoy. To an enlightened state of consciousness, that is nonsensical. The Christ is as available to sinner as to saint. He "sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust." 1 The Master exemplified this teaching by his willingness to heal the woman taken in adultery and the boy born blind. In no wise, did the Master distinguish between saint and sinner, except to caution the sinner to "sin no more." 2 The Master's teaching does not encourage anyone to sin. It merely reveals that the Christ is ready and omnipresent to lift us out of wherever we may be, whether in sin, in disease, in lack, or in prison. And the activity of the Christ which can lift us out of these conditions would so change our consciousness that never again could we return to that same state of sin or disease, lack, or limitation, or a life of crime. Once a person has received the benefits of God, that which caused him to sin should have been eliminated. Understanding the manner in which the Christ acts to transform consciousness and therefore our experience, calls for quite a different capacity than being able to grasp the value of thousands of dollars worth of property or investments, or to be aware that we have a healthy body and are able to enjoy it. A recognition of the Christ requires a different state of consciousness because here we are dealing with that which is invisible and intangible to the finite material, human sense, what Job referred to when he said, "He . . . hangeth the earth upon nothing." 3 A doctor can easily understand how he can remove a pimple or a growth, and he knows of course what medical steps are necessary to remove infection from the blood. But it is a very difficult ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter 17, Wholeness of Spirit.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:46- 101K
Find Similar Documents
The Government of Eden: Chapter 5, When We Judge By Appearances
- ... In the spiritual life, you place no labels on the world. You do not judge as to good or evil, sick or well, rich or poor. While appearances may show forth harmony or discord, by not judging, you merely know Is, and let that which truly Is define Itself. Wisdoms of The Infinite Way The Prayer of Forgiveness and Release What do I want? "Seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness." 14 Seeking the kingdom of God means seeking the realm, the realization-let's use that word, the "realization" of God. It means pray and meditate and ponder God until ... So you find that to come to the kingdom of God means to come into a state of consciousness which loses bit by bit, of course, the temptation to judge, criticize, condemn, to hold in evil. You find that God's righteousness is embodied in the word "forgiveness." The nature of God is to forgive. How many times? "Seventy times seven." 15 Infinity. So you say, "Ah, but he sinned against me yesterday, and the day before, and the day before. How much longer must that go on?" I don't know how much seventy times seven is, but at least seventy times seven. That's how long it can go on if it will, and each time there must be forgiveness. Therefore, if we have not reached that state of consciousness in which we can find it within ourselves to be forgiving, at least in the sense of "Well, Father, if I can do nothing else, I can say, 'Forgive them their sins.'" In other words, come to a state of mind where you wish no punishment on anyone, even for their wrongs. That's quite a place to come to, but we can approach it by degrees, even if we can't attain it in a moment. Then, seeking the kingdom of God and His righteousness means seeking a state of consciousness in which we approximate that divine state of righteousness, that divine state of consciousness; somewhere in which we are forgiving, in which we are praying for the enemy, praying for those who despitefully use us. You see, the prayer of forgiveness and the prayer of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...overnment of Eden_Chapter 5.pdf
Modified: 2021-01-25 13:32:06- 100K
Find Similar Documents
The Joel Goldsmith Reader: The Ever Present Christ
- The Ever Present Christ There is a power called Spirit, or the Christ, and it does the work. Talking about the Christ will not bring God or the Christ to bear upon your problem. The Christ must be realized, must be felt. Then we really can say, "I can leave it with God. I can leave it with Truth." As we become convinced within our consciousness of the truth, that conviction, which is realization, makes the demonstration. Our object is to develop this awareness, this consciousness of truth, this sense of omnipresence. As this is developed, we no longer work specifically on problems; as a matter of fact, we do not have specific problems on which to work. Life begins to unfold in a normal and harmonious manner. We have only to maintain ourselves in that atmosphere of the Spirit for that flow to come through, the flow of divine Life. When we are confronted with problems, then, it is necessary to get back within ourselves, until we get that feeling of the Presence. As you think of God, the one Life, omnipresent as your own life; God, the one Mind, omnipresent as your own mind; you will not have the sense of twoness, or even the customary sense of God as omnipresent-God and you over here somewhere, separate and apart from It. In thinking of Omnipresence, think of It as your own being-the allness of God, the infinity of God, omnipresent as your individual being. Then there is no sense of separation or division. The Christ is something which is controlling your being and your destiny. All you have to do is to realize this Christ, or gain the conscious awareness of It, since everyone has It. You do not have It within you, and you do not have It without you; you have It as being. When you talk about the activity of the Christ, you are not talking about a within or a without. If it acted just within our consciousness, there would be no reaching from one to another. It is a within, and it is a without. What Is Sin? In spiritual teaching, of course, there is no such thing as ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...er_ The Ever Present Christ.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:21- 126K
Find Similar Documents
The Master Speaks: Chapter 17, The Ever Present Christ
- ~ 17 ~ THE EVER PRESENT CHRIST There is a power called Spirit, or the Christ, and It does the work. Talking about the Christ will not bring God or the Christ to bear upon your problem. The Christ must be realized, must be felt. Then we really can say, "I can leave it with God. I can leave it with Truth." As we become convinced within our consciousness of the truth, that conviction, which is realization, makes the demonstration. Our object is to develop this awareness, this consciousness of truth, this sense of omnipresence. As this is developed, we no longer work specifically on problems; as a matter of fact, we do not have specific problems on which to work. Life begins to unfold in a normal and harmonious manner. We have only to maintain ourselves in that atmosphere of the Spirit for that flow to come through, the flow of divine Life. When we are confronted with problems, then, it is necessary to get back within ourselves, until we get that feeling of the Presence. As you think of God, the one Life, omnipresent as your own life; God, the one Mind, omnipresent as your own mind; you will not have the sense of twoness, or even the customary sense of God as omnipresent-God and you over here somewhere, separate and apart from It. In thinking of Omnipresence, think of It as your own being-the allness of God, the infinity of God, omnipresent as your individual being. Then there is no sense of separation or division. The Christ is something which is controlling your being and your destiny. All you have to do is to realize this Christ, or gain the conscious awareness of It, since everyone has It. You do not have It within you, and you do not have It without you: you have It as being. When you talk about the activity of the Christ, you are not talking about a within or a without. If it acted just within our consciousness, there would be no reaching from one to another. It is a within, and it is a without. What Is Sin? In spiritual teaching, of course, there is no such thing ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...17, The Ever Present Christ.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:30- 121K
Find Similar Documents
Invisible Supply: Chapter 10, Temporal Power is Not Power
- CHAPTER 10 TEMPORAL POWER IS NOT POWER To the transcendental consciousness, temporal power (whether it is of a physical nature or of a mental nature) is not power. The only power is the realized consciousness of the One Power and recognizing the nonpower of all else. When Hezekiah's people came to him and said, "The armies of the enemy are upon us and they are greater in number than we are," he replied, "Be not afraid! They have only temporal power, the arm of flesh. We have the Lord, God." The Master could say to Pilate, the great temporal power of that time, "Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from the Father." Take unto yourself the task of understanding what these two passages mean. Could you, right now, turn your face toward a hostile country and in your honest, open heart say, "You have no power over me," or, "You have only temporal power, the arm of flesh"? Could you say that and actually feel completely and perfectly safe? Of course not, and you will not be able to until you understand that temporal power is not power. To the degree that you attain a confidence and assurance in Omnipotence, you will know that temporal power is not power. The Principle of No-Power Some of you who have done healing work have achieved to some degree this transcendental consciousness. None of us has achieved the fullness of it, but everyone who has done spiritual healing work has been able to say to infection, contagion, or disease, "You have no power," and has seen them dissolve. Everyone who has been an instrument for healing has proven that in the Presence of God temporal power is not power. There is no power but the realization of God's Presence, and we have proved it in the knitting of fractured bones, in the healing of blindness and deafness. We have proved again and again that temporal power is not power. In the human world there are many temporal powers: those of disease, sin, money, politics, war, and so forth. If you pray in the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Temporal Power is Not Power.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:39- 131K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Unfolding: Chapter 9, The Christ
- ... When once we acknowledge God to be the reality of being, we have done away with the need for observing rituals, ceremonies, or creeds, or for celebrating holy days. All we have to do is to learn to live in the consciousness of our present perfection. Let us live in the constant realization of our true identity. After we have done that, there is only one other step, and that is to realize that the errors of the world, all of those things that the world is fighting, are not errors at all; they are illusions. And then, let us learn not to fight them, not to try to subdue or overcome them, or even try to get rid of them. Let us learn to live in a beautiful state of peace, the peace that comes from the understanding of God as the only reality of being. Effects of the Christ The Christ is always a gentle influence. From the moment It appears in our lives, we lose the ability to be very angry or very selfish. The Christ is made manifest in a gentleness of attitude toward those with whom we come in contact. The Christ is the greatest sense of forgiveness the world has yet known. That is the reason Jesus places so much stress on forgiving our enemies, praying for our enemies, forgiving and praying for those who despitefully use us, forgiving seventy times seven, forgiving every day those who seek it. The Christ, once It is received, cannot bear ill will, or hold enmity or antagonism even toward those who hate It. Do you remember Jesus' response to human hate: " 'Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.' 5 No one can destroy or hurt me, since I am life eternal. This is an opportunity to prove that anyone or anything calling himself or itself a hater of truth, a hater of love, is not a power. It is a balloon, ready for a pin to be stuck into it. So put up your sword. I will prove that they can do nothing. Those that live by the sword shall perish by the sword. Those who believe that error is so real that they must go ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ding_ Chapter 9, The Christ.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:30- 150K
Find Similar Documents
Awakening Mystical Consciousness: Chapter 9, The Mystic & Healing
- ~ 9 ~ THE MYSTIC AND HEALING MANY persons wonder if attaining the awareness of God makes one an instrument for healing. There is no categorical answer to this question. Attainment of awareness may bring forth a healing consciousness, but it does not necessarily do so. If the awareness attained is deep enough, it can be a mystical experience, which means conscious union or a conscious at-onement with God; but even that does not always enable a person to do healing work. The healing consciousness is the consciousness that has the spiritual discernment to see through "this world" to "My kingdom." This discernment or ability to perceive Reality is not reserved for those who have had mystical illumination. It is possible for almost anyone who is willing to become a student of spiritual truth to attain a measure of spiritual discernment. There are those who achieve it in one day; there are those who achieve it in a few weeks or a few months; and there are others who work for years to achieve it. One deciding factor in the length of time it takes to develop this awareness is the desire for it. Spiritual discernment is not to be had for spare change or spare time. It requires a greater devotion than would be necessary in trying to learn a new language or to play a musical instrument. There must be the desire of the heart. Given that, and the willingness to study and practice, it will be only a short time before a person can achieve some measure of spiritual awareness and show it in actual work. THE DEARTH OF SPIRITUAL HEALING It should surprise everyone that more religious leaders are not doing spiritual healing work because there can be no question but that the vast majority of them are honest and sincere lovers of God, seekers of God who live their life close to God, at least as close to God as their understanding permits. That, in most cases, is in a great measure. If God, as God is usually understood, were a healer of disease, why in these hundreds of years since the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter 9, The Mystic & Healing.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:09- 123K
Find Similar Documents