The Heart of Mysticism: November 1958, THE FRUITS OF THE SPIRIT
- CHAPTER ELEVEN: NOVEMBER The Fruits of the Spirit SETTING aside a special day or days to give thanks for blessings received is not a practice limited to the United States alone. Many years before the Pilgrims came to this country, old England celebrated the gathering in of the harvest in the fall of the year. Even the ancients practiced this rite. As long as there has been recorded history, it has been the custom to observe a festival of thanksgiving in gratitude for the harvest which has been reaped. While students of spiritual wisdom do not confine the giving of thanks to a single day of the year, but let every day be a day of thanksgiving; nevertheless, it is not inappropriate at this season to consider the kind of harvest you, as a student of the spiritual way of life, are garnering into your spiritual storehouse. This will not be measured in terms of outward good, although that may well be one evidence of spiritual fruitage. If your harvest has been scant, engage in a little soul-searching introspection to see wherein you have failed; if abundant, rejoice in the greater awareness of the Presence which has made this possible. Always evaluate your progress in terms of spiritual fruitage: But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. Galatians 5:22, 23 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit . . . Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit . . . John 15:4, 5, 8 There is no way to taste of the fruit of the Spirit except through the word of God, the word of God which in the midst of you is mighty. If you abide in the Word and let the Word abide in you, you will bear fruit richly. But the word of God is not something that you can read in a book; the word ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...8, THE FRUITS OF THE SPIRIT.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:10- 138K
Find Similar Documents
A Message for the Ages: Chapter 5, Infinite Way Pearls
- Chapter Five Infinite Way Pearls Several major contributions have been made to the world through the Infinite Way. One of these does away with belief, faith, and hope in God as a word in the mind or as existing some place remote from us, and reveals instead that the illumined consciousness of an individual is God. When a person has the mind that was in Christ Jesus, he has the God-mind. When he does not have the mind that was in Christ Jesus, in reality he has no God, for there is no God separate and apart from the illumined consciousness of an individual. The unillumined consciousness is not God, but the illumined consciousness is. Is there any principle in the Infinite Way greater than the truth that God is individual consciousness, your consciousness and mine? This is the top secret because to my knowledge it is the first time it has been revealed. Everyone has a consciousness; therefore, everyone has God; but there are two states of consciousness: the illumined consciousness and the unillumined consciousness. Your consciousness and mine are either unillumined or illumined. It may not be wholly unillumined and it may not be wholly illumined, but it is at some stage in between. If the unillumined have a God at all, it is a God separate and apart from their own being. It may be something as paganistic as a man on a cross or a man who walked the streets of Galilee. But if a person has a man for a God, either the man of Galilee or an old gentleman up in the sky with a great big book, marking down a person's good days and his bad days, he is totally unillumined. The closer a person comes to the realization that the kingdom of God is within him, the more quickly he will go from the unillumined to the illumined, until he finally reaches the realization: God constitutes my individual consciousness; therefore, my consciousness is imbued with the quantities and qualities of God- not just a little bit but the fullness of God. The highest illumination involves an awareness ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter 5, Infinite Way Pearls.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:56- 123K
Find Similar Documents
Beyond Words & Thoughts: Chapter 3, Thou Shalt Not Make Unto Thee Any Graven Image
- ... Every day hundreds go to communion service, take a sip of wine, eat a piece of bread, and then think that they have communed with the Christ. Maybe up in their minds they have or in their imagination. But while the church service of communion is symbolic of true communion and is taken as if it were the real thing, it cannot be real because nobody can receive communion until he and the Christ meet within. True communion is an actual experience that takes place within when a person comes face to face with the Christ, when the Christ speaks or imparts Itself in some way or other. That is communion. We have been led to believe that Jesus' crucifixion saves us from all punishment for our sins. According to that, when we are born, we should be provided with a certificate stating, "Sin all you like because Jesus was crucified, and we hereby give you a license to enjoy life." This is not true. And yet, symbolically, it is true because when the Christ is risen in you from the tomb where It is buried, your sins are forgiven you, and from then on, there are no more sins. The forgiveness of the Christ is always accompanied by the words, "Sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee." 5 You never quite forget that because it comes with a sharp voice. You say, "I thought You were so gentle." Yes, the Christ is gentle when the promise is, "Thy sins are forgiven," 6 but the admonition that follows is a reminder to change your ways. Everything in the Bible is truth when it is experienced. You can have Pharaoh at the back of your neck and the Red Sea in front of you, and you can come out without even "the smell of fire," 7 if you have the Experience. That, however, does not mean just reading the Bible, quoting it, or memorizing it. Anything and everything can happen to this world when it is living as a branch of a tree that is cut off. But life ceases to be a matter of chance after you begin the experience of surrendering your life to this inner Spirit, and then, under the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Unto Thee Any Graven Image.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:10- 132K
Find Similar Documents
Collected Essays of Joel Goldsmith: Contemplative Meditation with Scripture
- Contemplative Meditation with Scripture CONTEMPLATIVE MEDITATION is the preparatory step before pure meditation without words or thoughts, and its main purpose is to keep the mind stayed on God-to acknowledge Him in all our ways-so that in quietness and in confidence we may "be still, and know that I am God." 1 We know that "the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." 2 Therefore, only in contemplative meditation, conscious of scriptural truth, can we prepare ourselves to attain our divine sonship or the Buddha mind. It is promised: "If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you." 3 In other words, if we abide in the Word and if we let the Word abide in us, we will bear fruit richly. Thus contemplating truth, we attain the gift of discernment through which we attain that truth which the "natural man" cannot know. This is affirmed in the Bhagavad-Gita. "See Me! Thou canst not! nor, with human eyes, Arjuna! Therefore I give thee sense divine. Have other eyes, new light! And look! This is My glory unveiled to mortal sight!" 4 To meditate properly-to develop the ability to practice meditation-it is necessary to understand certain spiritual principles of life. Unless a meditation has in it a conscious awareness of a spiritual principle, it will not be beneficial. It can in fact lead to just a mental stillness in which there is no spiritual fruitage or "signs following." Therefore, you must not only know why you are meditating, but you must know specific principles to take into your meditation. Let us take the major principle of life upon which a harmonious existence can be experienced: I am I. Declare this to yourself, because it is indisputable. You are not someone else: you are yourself! "I am I." In the great lesson on supply taught in Chapter 17 of 1 Kings, when Elijah asked the poor widow to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...e Meditation with Scripture.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:13- 131K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: June 2, 1963, True Prayer-The Experience of God
- ... To come to this place in consciousness means that a great part of your spiritual journey is behind you, because you cannot attain this lightly, easily or quickly. You have been led up to this, as you will discover when others come to you for spiritual wisdom. You will learn that it is not an easy matter to say to them: "We are not going to God to have your fever reduced, and we are not going to God to get increased supply," for the answer you will receive is: "What then is the use of going to God?" When you have arrived at the place where you can accept such a statement, you have arrived at the place where you have given up human aspirations for spiritual revelations. We do not become ascetics. In giving up the world it is not in the mistaken sense of asceticism in which, by depriving ourselves of everything pleasant, we believe we are pleasing God. On the contrary, be assured that God is only pleased in our joys-in our fruitage. We know this from Christ Jesus, who was sent to earth to "do the will of the Father," and the will of the Father is that we have health and happiness and forgiveness of sins and life eternal. There is no asceticism in the Master's teachings. He took only their sins-never did he take from anyone any form of good. Once you stop seeking in your prayers "what ye shall eat, what ye shall drink and wherewithal ye shall be clothed," you will find they are being added unto you. "Thy grace is my sufficiency in all things," 18 only I must not seek sufficiency, I must seek grace. For thousands of years men have prayed for an end of war, for an end of injustice, for an end of slavery, and disease. All of these human conditions are still going on, and those that are not going on have not been overcome by prayer but by men. Many diseases have been overcome and lost from the world because of medical and surgical discoveries, but you recognize the fact that Christ Jesus revealed that this could be accomplished without human aid. So we are not to be ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ayer--The Experience of God.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:15- 118K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Unfolding: Chapter 2, Peace
- ~ 2 ~ PEACE Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. John 14:27 My * peace, the peace of Christ! More healings have been brought about through absolute silence than through all the arguments metaphysicians have thought up in the whole history of the world. When you are called upon for help, sit down and get at peace. Think no thoughts; just sit and wait. Wait. Be patient, and wait for the peace of the Christ to descend upon you. In that moment of peace, without a word, you will witness healing. The only value a treatment has is to lift us to a point or place in consciousness where we are ready for spiritual consciousness to unfold. We are now in a different position from the one in which we found ourselves, when we were functioning with treatments. We have come to that place in consciousness where we are ready for the next higher step. Even if mental argument, affirmation, and denial were necessary to us in the early days of our work, we can now leave such forms alone. Learn to sit down and relax. Whether the case is sin, disease, death, or unemployment; whether or not it is serious, sit down and relax. Do not try to "handle" it. Do not try to "work" on it. Do not try to "treat" it. Sit back and, in silence, create a kind of vacuum for God, for the Christ, to rush in. Sit down and relinquish the thought that the human mind is a healer: Christ is the healer. The essence of the whole work we are doing is this: God is. God is, so let God work in us and through us to Its own end, and as Its own creation. Instead of continuing to use the words, God, God, God, let the actual realization of God do the work, since God is. "My peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth." 1 The world can give us a certain kind of peace. It can give us a lack of noise, a quiet country place, or an ocean trip. That is the peace that the world can give. People travel to far places, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Unfolding_ Chapter 2, Peace.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:29- 139K
Find Similar Documents
I Stand on Holy Ground: Chapter 5, Nothing Takes Place Outside of Consciousness
- Chapter Five Nothing Takes Place Outside of Consciousness One of the most important principles of the Infinite Way is that God constitutes individual being. This means that God constitutes your being and mine. God manifests as our life, mind, spirit, and soul. Even our body is the temple of God. This is the spiritual truth about every one of us. God has given us dominion over "the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth."1 God created us in His own image, giving us His life, soul, spirit, and intelligence and, in so doing, He gave us dominion over ignorance, superstition, and darkness. This dominion is our spiritual birthright and makes us a law unto our life's demonstration. All Error, a Mental Imposition We are human beings because we have forfeited our birthright of dominion and turned it over to what the Master called "this world." 2 At the very instant that the newspapers, radio, or television announces an impending epidemic, human beings open themselves to becoming victims of the epidemic. They permit it to become a part of their experience by means of mentally imposed suggestions from outside. It is not that anyone has maliciously started the rumor just to make them ill: it is in universal human consciousness, and it is thrust at all of us. Without knowing the underlying truth of being, we may passively accept it with a "Well, what can I do about it? I'm just a statistic. So if forty out of a hundred get it, I may be one of the forty." If we escape it, we consider ourselves lucky. Actually, we are responsible for being victimized by the mass hypnosis only because we do not know how to avoid it. We do not know what caused it or how to prevent it. The Presidential election of 1916 illustrates the effect of any kind of mass hysteria. The incumbent president was re-elected because he had kept the nation out of war, clear-cut evidence that the public did ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ce Outside of Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:36- 124K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Living: Chapter 12, Christ Ascended
- ... But that son of God is incarnated in me, in you, and in every "you" throughout this globe: the pagan, the atheist, the agnostic, the Christian, the Buddhist, the Vedantist. It makes no difference what his beliefs are. God is spirit, indivisible, inseparable from Himself, and therefore omnipresent in you, in every you. Forgiveness of Sin, a Function of the Christ By observing the ministry of Jesus Christ, who so completely showed forth his divine sonship, and which he said was within us, we can understand the function of the Christ, one of which is the forgiving of sin. For each of us, this is important. In our human experience we have sinned greatly, and because most of our sins were committed ignorantly, we need not rehearse or rehash them. Let us acknowledge, however, that as human beings we have strayed far from our Father's house, our Father's standard of conduct, and our Father's teaching. With this acknowledgment we are showing sufficient humility to take the next step and say, "Thank You, Father, that Your son, the Christ, the spirit of God in me, is here to forgive my sins. I carry within me my mediator, my meditation. I carry within my own consciousness the incarnated son of God whose function it is, when I ask for forgiveness, to give it." Lip service will not suffice. This must be a once and for all confession: "Father, forgive me, I have not known what I have done. But now I know that Your son is incarnate within me, and one of Its functions is to forgive me my sins." Then the injunction is to go and sin no more and to watch each day that, to the highest extent possible, we do not violate the laws that we have come to know. Even so there will be more violations, but forgiveness "seventy times seven" 5 is still awaiting us. Our responsibility is to try our best to live up to whatever spiritual law we may now learn, and if we know that the Christ is not something in time or space, we have made a real beginning. Healing as an Activity of the Christ ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Chapter 12, Christ Ascended.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:37- 122K
Find Similar Documents
The Joel Goldsmith Reader: Peace
- Peace Peace I leave you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. John 14:27 My peace, the peace of Christ! More healings have been brought about through absolute silence than through all the arguments metaphysicians have thought up in the whole history of the world. When you are called upon for help, sit down and get at peace. Think no thoughts; just sit and wait. Wait. Be patient, and wait for the peace of the Christ to descend upon you. In that moment of peace, without a word, you will witness healing. The only value a treatment has is to lift us to a point or place in consciousness where we are ready for spiritual consciousness to unfold. We are now in a different position from the one in which we found ourselves, when we were functioning with treatments. We have come to that place in consciousness where we are ready for the next higher step. Even if mental argument, affirmation, and denial were necessary to us in the early days of our work, we can now leave such forms alone. Learn to sit down and relax. Whether the case is sin, disease, death, or unemployment; whether or not it is serious, sit down and relax. Do not try to "handle" it. Do not try to "work" on it. Do not try to "treat" it. Sit back and, in silence, create a kind of vacuum for God, for the Christ, to rush in. Sit down and relinquish the thought that the human mind is a healer: Christ is the healer. The essence of the whole work we are doing is this: God is. God is so let God work in us and through us to Its own end, and as Its own creation. Instead of continuing to use the words, God, God, God, let the actual realization of God do the work, since God is. "My peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth." 1 The world can give us a certain kind of peace. It can give us a lack of noise, a quiet country place, or an ocean trip. That is the peace that the world can give. People travel to far places, but they travel ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...oel Goldsmith Reader_ Peace.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:20- 148K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: August 24, 1963, Hidden Manna-The Real Infinite Way
- HIDDEN MANNA-THE REAL INFINITE WAY August 24, 1963 Honolulu, Hawaii GOOD AFTERNOON. It is very noticeable that far too many students do not know what makes The Infinite Way, or why there is an Infinite Way message. If our students knew the answer, their progress would be very rapid; but, because they do not catch this major point, they struggle for years not knowing where they are going or why. That which started me on the spiritual path and which ultimately led to The Infinite Way, was the realization that there is no God in the human world or in any religious teaching as such. There is no God answering the prayers of people. For this reason, and for this reason only, there can be a world filled with all the things you can think of which constitute horrible world conditions. None of this would be if there were a God in the world. In the presence of light there is no darkness. You cannot have the presence of the Christ and have a sin or a death or a lack or man's inhumanity to man. Eventually it was revealed to me that you cannot reach God through the mind, and that is why prayers as such are worthless except as one's blind faith might make of them a little power-just as it is possible to give a little sugar pill and stop pain. In this realization you must remember that this makes any religion or any religious teaching in and of itself nothing more nor less than a philosophy. The only thing that can make a religion a religion is something that brings the actual presence and power of God into concrete manifestation, and it is for this reason that we say The Infinite Way is not so much a teaching as an experience. There are spiritual principles, but these do not constitute The Infinite Way. These are but stepping stones or bridges over which you walk. You have not reached the goal of The Infinite Way until you have the actual realized presence of God or activity of the Christ. It is for this reason that we cannot have outlined or formalized prayers or treatments. They ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...anna--The Real Infinite Way.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:09- 109K
Find Similar Documents