Consciousness Transformed: February 17, 1963, God Constitutes My Consciousness
- GOD CONSTITUTES MY CONSCIOUSNESS February 17, 1963 The Halekulani Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii LET US MAKE A MOVE that separates us from most of the metaphysical world. As humans we have our supply in money, or the representation of money, and we find health in the body. If the heart beats so many times, if the assimilation acts according to this rule, if the elimination acts according to that rule, then we have health. We associate intelligence with the brain and we find our life in breathing. Take away our breathing and we have no life, or we find our life in the functioning of the heart. When you come to our work, what you are really doing is making a transition, so that your healing work is never in correcting what is wrong in the body or the mind or the pocketbook. I think it is in The Infinite Way that you will find, "You cannot meet a problem on the level of the problem." So, if you are faced with a problem, if you try to do something to that problem, you would not succeed. You first have to move outside the realm of the problem in order to find harmony. We find our harmony in spirit, and you might call this the point of demarcation or separation. We find our harmony in spirit, in consciousness. Since God is consciousness, and since God is supply, we find our supply in God or in consciousness. In the same way, since God is health, we find our health in God or in consciousness. Even the Bible knew this, that "God is the health of your countenance." 1 Yes, health must be found not in the body but in consciousness- then the body expresses health. Likewise with supply. You must leave the realm of the mental and material and find yourself elevated to consciousness. We have to find our health, we have to find our supply, we have to find our intelligence in consciousness; even our longevity we must find in consciousness. If we try to perpetuate ourselves by patching up the body, the results would be temporary. Medically it is possible to change sickness to health and, if ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...onstitutes My Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:12- 98K
Find Similar Documents
God The Substance of All Form: Chapter 10, Gaining The Consciousness of Good
- ~ 10 ~ GAINING THE CONSCIOUSNESS OF GOOD Consciousness is the real secret of the world. When you think you are searching for God, what you are really searching for is an understanding of consciousness, because consciousness is God; God is consciousness. These are interchangeable. Consciousness is God, and God is consciousness. When you have found the inner meaning of consciousness, you will have found God. When you find God, you will have discovered your own consciousness. You can now more nearly understand what I meant when I said, and have repeated several times, that the purpose of this work is not to give you more truths that you already know. I am sure that you already know all of the letter of truth there is to be known. It is so easily available, not only in my writings, but in many others. So I repeat: The purpose of this work is not to add one iota to your intellectual knowledge of truth, but to quicken the unfolding of consciousness-the unfolding of the divine consciousness as your individual consciousness. The key to what we call "demonstration," that is, to a successful and happy life, a joyous and complete existence, is consciousness, gaining the consciousness of good in one form or another. If we were asked what the object of our work is, I suppose we might say, "We are searching for God." To most people God is a vague term. Would you know what to do with God after you found him? Actually, if we were honest with ourselves, we would say, "I am seeking a sense of peace, a consciousness of harmony, a consciousness of health, a consciousness of the wholeness of being." We can sum that up, too, in the phrase, "a consciousness of happiness." If we are happy, we have all these things, and our happiness is all inclusive. Someone has said that happiness is a butterfly, which when pursued, is always just beyond your grasp, but which, if you will sit down quietly, may alight on you. If it is true that the kingdom of God is within you, happiness cannot be found ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...g The Consciousness of Good.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:35- 98K
Find Similar Documents
The World Is New: Chapter 1, Creative Meditation
- ... Everyone in the human world is faced with the belief of a physical body as well as with the belief of the need for material supply, and right now we are all being faced with the fear of atomic bombs and rumors of war. In the human picture, there is no way to avoid these experiences or to rise above them. There is only one way to find safety and security, and that is the spiritual way, the way whereby the Christ becomes the reality of our being. When we begin to look out from the standpoint of God, then we are living the Christ-way and fulfilling the greatest law ever revealed by Christ Jesus, the law of forgiveness, which is possible only as we live in obedience to the two great Commandments: "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. . . . And . . . thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself." 3 That neighbor is every human being on earth, every animal, and every plant, but there is no way in which we can love them while holding them in condemnation. We must see and understand that God is the life, Soul, and mind, not only of our friends but of our so-called enemies. In that way, we eliminate all enemies. The answer to enemies or enmity of every form, whether appearing as man, sin, disease, or lack, is found in Jesus' reply to Pilate: "Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above." 4 The law of forgiveness, that is, the ability to see God as the mind, the life, and Soul of enemies as well as of friends, is the real law of demonstration. Not only in the Old Testament, but throughout the teachings of Jesus, the first Commandment is recognized as the secret of life-only one God, only one Life, the Life of every one of us, enemy or friend. God is the only mind, and therefore God must be the mind even of those we call enemies-only one God, only one creation, and all spiritual. As long as our consciousness is filled with this oneness-one God, one creation, all one-our ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter 1, Creative Meditation.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:42- 112K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Is What I Am: Chapter 5, Evolving States of Consciousness
- ~ 5 ~ EVOLVING STATES OF CONSCIOUSNESS There is an invisible substance or essence called Consciousness, which can be experienced, but never defined or analyzed. It has a meaning beyond that found in any dictionary, a meaning that we can comprehend only through our spiritual awareness or powers of discernment. Consciousness is not only eternal and omnipresent but It is our individual consciousness or awareness, the substance, cause, and law of individual being. That Consciousness is so infinite that It fills all space, not merely on earth, beneath the earth, and in heaven, but It is the consciousness of the entire universe, from everlasting to everlasting, without beginning and without end: unconditioned, eternal, immortal Being. This unconditioned Consciousness functioned in Its fullness in the beginning. We were the expression of that functioning, and our experience was wholly pure, immortal, and eternal. There was no sin in it, no disease, no death, no lack, and no limitation. It was a pure state of spiritual being. At some time in the history of mankind, man lost his divine heritage, that is, he became unaware of it. It is described in Scripture as the Adamic experience. Adam and Eve, symbolic figures, represent the human race which accepted a belief in two powers, a power of good and a power of evil, and by accepting that belief they were driven out of the Garden of Eden and became separated from their Source, God-consciousness. That is the belief, but nothing really can separate anyone from infinite divine harmony. As a result of the sense of separation that sprang up, symbolized by Adam and Eve being cast out of the Garden of Eden, we find a mortal concept being entertained in the form of two sons. These two sons were the mortal concepts of the human race-one good and one evil. With that concept, the human race went deep down into degradation, into the lowest form of human life, even cannibalism in some places, with murder a natural accompaniment of this low ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ing States of Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:23- 106K
Find Similar Documents
The Altitude Of Prayer: Chapter 11, Individuality Revealed Through Prayer
- ~ 11 ~ INDIVIDUALITY REVEALED THROUGH PRAYER THE PURPOSE OF PRAYER is to bring the Spirit to our individual experience, so that this parenthesis * may be permeated with the Spirit and the fourth-dimensional substance called the Christ may come into activity. This is a transcendental Presence, a Substance, Essence, Activity, or Reality which can never be seen, heard, tasted, touched, or smelled. It is so real that It can whisper in our ear, "Do not drive up this street: drive up that one." It can prevent us from making an investment or lead us to a bookshelf where we might find the one book that can meet our need for us at a particular time. It can even go before us so that our banker makes the loan that he refused to make the day before. It is an unseen spiritual Influence, and the person who is illumined has contact with Its essence. Two words for illumination used in the Orient are "satori" and "darshan." Christian mysticism has a word for us, too, a beautiful word: Grace. "My grace is sufficient for thee," 1 "My" meaning the invisible spiritual Center or Source. We live by Grace; we can do all things through the grace of God. The transcendental Presence must become a living experience, permeating our consciousness, flowing through us to the extent that the fingers tingle with It, and the toes. It is a reality, even though the human mind cannot understand It, the human eyes cannot see It, and the human ears cannot hear It. It is so real that when It happens we know It, and there are no questions. When anyone asks the question, "How may I know if this is real?" he has not yet experienced It. When a person does, It is unmistakable, not only in Its manner of expression, but in the fruitage. When a person is touched by the transcendental Presence, something in his life will be better: his health, supply, morals, home, family relationships, or business. The more he contacts It, the more his life will be an outer expression of an inner Divinity. CREATION UNFOLDING This ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ity Revealed Through Prayer.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:27- 122K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Is What I Am: Chapter 9, The Issues of Life Are in Consciousness
- ~ 9 ~ THE ISSUES OF LIFE ARE IN CONSCIOUSNESS Spiritual consciousness is the opposite of all we have been taught from infancy. For one thing it is a reversal of the commonly accepted idea of substance as that which we can see, feel, touch, or handle. So much effort is put into acquiring money, property, or merchandise that the world places its value in these things. Why are wars fought? Why are political elections held? Why the eternal struggle to try to own a business or create a monopoly? Is it not primarily for the purpose of acquiring money, property, or merchandise? All the thousands of years that this has been going on, people have not learned that even after these things are acquired there is no assurance of their being able to hold onto them or that they will buy the things they hoped to get. A gross materialist does not work for money for the sake of getting money. He believes that the money will buy something called satisfaction, pleasure, security, peace of mind, or power. Few persons think that money in and of itself is valuable. Even the man who owns a gold mine is not satisfied to keep the gold. He has to translate it into some other substance. Everyone who struggles for money expects to trade it, or some of it, for those things called peace of mind, health, or power. It is the same with those who gormandize. It is not the food they care about. Always in connection with the eating or overindulgence in food or drink is the belief that the indulgence will bring satisfaction. Where the materialist differs from those of spiritual vision is that the materialist believes that he must first accumulate the matter and then exchange it for spiritual values. In that he fails. The person of spiritual vision does not believe that spiritual qualities can be purchased with money, property, or merchandise. Rather he has arrived at the realization that they come from some fountain within his own being having nothing to do with money, and that a person may have no money ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...f Life Are in Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:24- 128K
Find Similar Documents
Leave Your Nets: Chapter 8, Living the Life of Grace
- ~ 8 ~ LIVING THE LIFE OF GRACE God is infinite, and God manifests itself in infinite forms and in infinite ways. God is consciousness, and we therefore become aware of all those things necessary to our unfoldment through an activity of consciousness. We see, hear, taste, touch, and smell, but these are all activities of consciousness manifested at different levels. Often in meditation it is possible to see visions or to hear the still small voice; and then there are times when the presence makes itself known through the activity of smell, and even of touch. We may feel a touch on the shoulder, the head, or on the cheek. At other times, the fragrance of flowers may be noticed. There is no way to limit God and feel that he can appear in one way only. God can appear in any form, and probably we can understand that best by recalling that when Joan of Arc was asked, "Does God speak to you in French?" Her reply was, "I do not know in what language God speaks, but I hear him in French." Does God speak as perfume or odors, voices, or a touch? No! But we can comprehend God in these ways. That is our interpretation of God's presence. Let us learn to accept God in whatever way and in whatever form God may appear to us. How do we know that it is God? How do we know that it is not imagination? By the fruitage, by the results. When we are indulging in vain imaginings about our spiritual activities and spiritual work, it leaves us up in the air, dangling in space, with no tangible results. But when our experience is actually an experience of God, we can know it by its fruits, and the fruits of the spirit are joy, peace, prosperity, health, harmony, and love. When the presence announces itself, there comes with it a sense of serenity, tranquility, a peace which may translate itself into form. Everything has form: even thought. All substance must have a form although not a form always visible to our human sense, and the higher we go in spiritual realization and unfoldment, the more ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...8, Living the Life of Grace.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:41- 109K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Healing: Chapter IV, The Language of Spiritual Healing
- CHAPTER IV THE LANGUAGE OF SPIRITUAL HEALING Not long ago I talked with an orthodox minister who had just finished reading my book, Practicing the Presence. 1 He had enjoyed it very much, found it challenging; but he added that the language and some of the terms used were new to him. Certainly it is true that, to the reader untutored in mysticism, some terms are incomprehensible; but it must be remembered that mysticism, like every other field of study, has its own specialized terminology. Spiritual healing as taught in The Infinite Way is built around a few words. Before we go on to consider these words, let me explain briefly what The Infinite Way is: It is a spiritual teaching consisting of principles which anyone may follow and practice, irrespective of his religious affiliation. The Infinite Way reveals the nature of God to be one infinite power, intelligence, and love; the nature of individual being to be one with His qualities and character, expressed in infinite forms and variety; and the nature of the discords of this world to be a misconception of God's expression of Himself in His universe. These are universal principles based on the message of the Master, Christ Jesus, who taught that man can realize his oneness with God through conscious communion with God, thereby bringing about peace on earth, harmony, and wholeness. In this new language of spiritual healing, the fint and most important word that must be understood is the little word "as," an understanding of which eliminates forever all sense of duality: God is manifest as individual being. If God is manifest as individual being, there is not God and man; there is not God and you; therefore, there cannot be a person going to God for something. During the years when I was devoting my time exclusively to the healing work, as patients came to me I learned not to see them as human beings, nor to look to a God to patch them up. I saw that everyone who came to me was God appearing as individual being, and ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...nguage of Spiritual Healing.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:32- 136K
Find Similar Documents
The GIft of Love: Chapter 4, Our Love for God
- ~ 4 ~ OUR LOVE FOR GOD Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might. Deuteronomy 6:5 That is a command. But how many persons are there in the world who feel a real love for God? Love, itself, is somewhat of an abstraction, and certainly to love an unknown or invisible God does not bring forth a very tangible or warm feeling. Eventually, however, there must come into individual consciousness a love for God that is deeper than any love that a human being has ever known. That cannot come about if we persist in thinking of God as an impersonal principle, an impersonal law, or an impersonal life. True, God is all that, but God is more than that. To me, God is very personal. Tennyson said that God is "closer . . . than breathing, and nearer than hands and feet." Surely he was not thinking of anything as cold as mathematics or as impersonal as music. He must have felt a warmth that was close to his heart, almost a personal presence. The love of which I speak is a love that comes of a union when like meets like. Only when we are in the highest state of spiritual being do we come face to face with that which is truly God. It is God the Father and God the son meeting, and in that union love is generated. That is when love is felt, not for a reason, not because we have gained what we sought, but because we have found our home in His bosom. Since only God can tabernacle with God, it is only when you and I rise above our humanhood into a state of spiritual awareness that we can meet God. Then it is literally true that God, appearing as individual being, is fusing with God, God coming into conscious union or oneness with God. It is like two persons on the same level of thought meeting and falling in love, or forming a deep and lasting friendship. In one instant there is a fusion. They know that they have known each other since time began and, as time evolves, they find that they have things in common: music, literature, or ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Chapter 4, Our Love for God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:54- 91K
Find Similar Documents
The Joel Goldsmith Reader: Living the Life of Grace
- Living the Life of Grace God is infinite, and God manifests Itself in infinite forms and in infinite ways. God is consciousness, and we therefore become aware of all those things necessary to our unfoldment through an activity of consciousness. We see, hear, taste, touch, and smell, but these are all activities of consciousness manifested at different levels. Often in meditation it is possible to see visions or to hear the still small voice; and then there are times when the Presence makes itself known through the activity of smell, and even of touch. We may feel a touch on the shoulder, the head, or on the cheek. At other times, the fragrance of flowers may be noticed. There is no way to limit God and feel that He can appear in one way only. God can appear in any form, and probably we can understand that best by recalling that when Joan of Arc was asked, "Does God speak to you in French?" her reply was, "I do not know in what language God speaks, but I hear Him in French." Does God speak as perfume or odors, voices, or a touch? No! But we can comprehend God in these ways. That is our interpretation of God's presence. Let us learn to accept God in whatever way and in whatever form God may appear to us. How do we know that it is God? How do we know that it is not imagination? By the fruitage, by the results. When we are indulging in vain imaginings about our spiritual activities and spiritual work, it leaves us up in the air, dangling in space, with no tangible results. But when our experience is actually an experience of God, we can know it by its fruits, and the fruits of the Spirit are joy, peace, prosperity, health, harmony, and love. When the Presence announces Itself, there comes with It a sense of serenity, tranquility, a peace which may translate itself into form. Everything has form: even thought. All substance must have a form although not a form always visible to our human sense, and the higher we go in spiritual realization and unfoldment, the more we see ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...r_ Living the Life of Grace.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:20- 119K
Find Similar Documents