The World Is New: Chapter 10, The Prayer of Understanding
- ... God is infinite intelligence, and we are one with God in proportion as we open our consciousness to be led by that infinite intelligence-"not my will, but thine, be done." 14 If I have made it clear only in a tiny measure-a measure as small as a grain of dust-that our concept of God must be changed and that we individually have to begin the work of conscious at-one-ment, my whole life will have fulfilled itself. To catch a really higher concept of God than I have now, so that I can feel just a bit closer to this almighty Spirit which is the reality of my being, is the great purpose of life. I know It will use Itself through me for some good end, but I also know right well that I cannot go out on street corners and preach this. I feel very, very fortunate if the few who are drawn to me can catch one little glimpse of what I am trying to say, and if in them I can bring to life a little bit of the Spirit that will speak to them in these words, "Change your idea of prayer; do a little higher praying and have a little higher concept of God than to believe that He began a war or that He is ever going to end one or that He is ever going to forgive anyone his sins while he is still in his sins." Forgiveness is accomplished only by the forsaking of the sin. There is no other way. It is no more possible to be forgiven while indulging in the sin than it is to continue believing that 3 x 3 is 8 or that 4 x 4 is 19 and expect the principle of mathematics to take the gentle and forgiving attitude, "Well, after all, you are a charitable soul, so we will give you the correct answer." It is not done-not in mathematics, not in music, not in painting, art, sculpture, or writing. Those who turn to science and the arts must turn to them fully open to their principles. Those who turn to God must turn to God with a complete openness of consciousness to It. Does that mean, if we are indulging some sin or sickness or hate, envy, or jealousy, and we cannot humanly stop it, that we are ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...The Prayer of Understanding.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:44- 128K
Find Similar Documents
1954 Infinite Way Letters: Chapter 5, Knowing the Truth in Treatment
- ~ 5 ~ KNOWING THE TRUTH IN TREATMENT To those of us on the Path of The Infinite Way our goal is harmony-spiritual, eternal, immortal harmony in all of our relationships, being, body and business. In our search for the harmonies of life we have come to see that the only harmony is the harmony of God, made manifest as our individual experience. We have found that it is an impossibility to be intelligent, healthy or wealthy in and of ourselves, and that even though we gain these through material means they prove to be unsatisfactory, incomplete and impermanent. Only in the degree that we understand that God is the Intelligence of the universe, that God is the Mind, the Soul, and the Spirit of our individual being, do we have harmony as a permanent and continuing dispensation. As we come into the realization that there is no lasting safety or security, no health or wealth in the material world, we must find our new abiding-place-"an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens." How do we attain this spiritual life? How do we attain spiritual consciousness? How do we attain our freedom from "this world?" The Master showed us the way-"Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." The first step in attaining freedom from the world is learning and knowing the truth. Read and study scripture and truth books. Bring yourself into the atmosphere of those who have attained some measure of spiritual consciousness. Choose your books, your teacher or teaching only after thoughtful consideration and prayer that they be revealed to you. Each one must find within his own being his true teacher or teaching, and be faithful to them until such time as he shall be led to a higher step. In the last analysis, we shall all be taught of God. The second, and by far the most important step, is knowing the truth, not merely by reading, studying or hearing it, but also by receiving it by impartation from within your own being. In giving treatments to ourselves or others in ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...wing the Truth in Treatment.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:54- 101K
Find Similar Documents
The Infinite Way: Meditation
- MEDITATION TO MEDITATE IS "to fix the mind upon; think about continuously; contemplate; to engage in continuous and contemplated thought; dwell mentally on anything; ruminate and cogitate." In the spiritual tongue, meditation is prayer. True prayer or meditation is not a thinking about ourselves or our problems, but rather the contemplation of God and God-activities, the nature of God, and the nature of the world that God has created. Everyone should take some time daily to retire to a quiet spot for meditation. During this period, he should turn his thought to God, consider his understanding of God, and search out a deeper understanding of the nature of Spirit and Its formations. He should be careful not to take any of his ills or other problems into his meditation. This particular period is set aside, dedicated and consecrated to thinking about God and God's universe. As God is the mind and Soul of every individual, it is possible for all of us to be tuned in to the kingdom of God and receive the divine messages and assurances and benefits of the one infinite Love. The grace of God which we receive in these periods of meditation or prayer becomes tangible to us in the fulfilling of our so-called human needs. If we do not open our consciousness to receive spiritual understanding, we must not be surprised if we do not experience spiritual good in our daily living. There is no other way to open our consciousness to the realm of Soul than through meditation or prayer, through contemplating the things of God. "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee." All through the day our thoughts are centered on the activities of human experience, on family cares and duties and the earning of a livelihood, on social and community affairs, and sometimes even on the greater affairs of state. Is it not natural then that at some time during the day or evening we take time off to retire to our inner consciousness, which is the temple of God, and there dwell ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...he Infinite Way_ Meditation.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:13- 70K
Find Similar Documents
The Journey Back to the Father's House: Chapter 8, Special Lesson on Healing Work
- Chapter Eight Special Lesson on Healing Work Those who have not spent considerable time practicing spiritual principles will at times forget them, and thereby delay their experience of good. And what is it they will forget? They will forget that they are not to look to one another for anything, and that includes husbands and wives, parents and children. The very earliest time possible in the morning, we open ourselves to God's grace and consciously realize that we live, not by might or by power, but by the spirit. We live, not by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God; neither do we live by the favor of individuals, or the good will of individuals; nor do we live by our place or position in life. We live by the grace of God. Our Good Flows From the Center of Our Being If we are to live in the mystical consciousness, we must abide in the realization that our expectancy is always and only from the spiritual source within us. We must abide in the truth that "I have meat to eat that ye know not of," 1 and then be careful not to look to a person, a thing, an organization, or a relationship for it. When we thoroughly understand and realize this oneness, as if there were only one person in the world, God appearing as individual being, our good must flow from within us, not to us from anyone, but from us and through us. Our good may come to us through people, but there is no law that says it has to. There is no law or rule that says we must derive our income from our work. Within us must be the complete realization that our manna can fall from the sky or, if necessary, ravens can bring us food. Our supply can come through a thousand different directions. Therefore, we need not look to anyone. Of course, there must always be that sense of gratitude to those through whom it comes, but not the feeling that it comes from them: it comes through them; but it comes from the center of our being. I is infinite, and there is nothing and no one outside of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...cial Lesson on Healing Work.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:24- 126K
Find Similar Documents
Collected Essays of Joel Goldsmith: Meditation
- Meditation TO MEDITATE IS "to fix the mind upon; think about continuously; contemplate; to engage in continuous and contemplated thought; dwell mentally on anything; ruminate and cogitate." In the spiritual tongue meditation is prayer. True prayer or meditation is not a thinking about ourselves or our problems but rather the contemplation of God and God activities, and the nature of God, and the nature of the world that God created. Everyone should take some time daily to retire to a quiet spot for meditation. During this period he should turn his thought to God, and consider his understanding of God, and search out a deeper understanding of the nature of Spirit and its formations, and of Mind and its infinite manifestation. He should be careful not to take any of his ills or other problems into his meditation. This particular period is set aside, dedicated and consecrated to thinking about God and God's universe. As God is the Mind and Soul of every individual, it is possible for all of us to be tuned in to the kingdom of God and receive the divine messages and assurances and benefits of the one infinite Love. The grace of God which we receive in these periods of meditation or prayer becomes tangible to us in the fulfilling of our so-called human needs. If we do not open our consciousness to the reception of spiritual understanding we must not be surprised if we do not experience spiritual good in our daily living, and there is no other way to open our consciousness to the realm of Soul than through meditation or prayer, through contemplating the things of God. "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on Thee." All through the day our thoughts are centered on the activities of human experience, on family cares and duties and earning a livelihood, on social and community affairs, and sometimes even on greater affairs of state. Is it not natural then that at some time during the day or evening we take time off to retire to our inner consciousness, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Joel Goldsmith_ Meditation.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:14- 71K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Is What I Am: Chapter 1, The Dedicated Consciousness
- ~ 1 ~ THE DEDICATED CONSCIOUSNESS There are two kinds of people on earth: the illumined and the unillumined, or to put it another way, the living and the walking dead. The living are drawing forth life from the Source and at least in a measure have dedicated themselves to some purpose. The walking dead are living an animal form of life, not drawing forth life or inspiration from anything but what can be found in the air or food. No one really lives, however, until he has found something greater than himself, something to which he permits his life to be dedicated. If this is true, why are there not more persons of dedicated consciousness? Because dedication comes as the grace of God. No one can seek it. He may desire it, but that is as far as he can go. No one can strive or struggle for it because it is not won that way. It comes as Grace, and that Grace comes when something of a spiritual nature is introduced into the consciousness of an individual. He must learn how to open his consciousness to the inflow of the Spirit and make it a matter of praying without ceasing, not just a period in the morning before starting out to work, but one of continuous dedication to a spiritual purpose. At some time in our experience, it is necessary to make a choice as to whether or not the spiritual goal is worth striving for. If we decide it is worthwhile, we will make some effort toward that consecration. But our effort will lead us to the point where we recognize the futility of our own efforts and realize that unless we have been dedicated by God, all our self-dedication will come to a very quick end. We have to make the decision to practice principles of spiritual living and to remember them consciously. Then, as time goes on, this practice provides the preparation for the entrance of God into our consciousness. OPENING CONSCIOUSNESS TO GOD'S DEDICATION In our spiritual ignorance, we did not know that from the beginning the spiritual Presence has been standing at the door of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...The Dedicated Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:22- 119K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: January 1, 1964, Silence! Stillness! Quietness
- SILENCE! STILLNESS! QUIETNESS! January 1, 1964 Honolulu Infinite Way Study Center THANK YOU FOR THIS PARTY TODAY, and Happy New Year to everyone! I am asked very often, and especially by publishers, why I do not speak to larger groups and why I do not advertise and have more of the public come to our work. It is difficult to answer in a way that could be understood. To begin with, The Infinite Way is not a message that we can sell to anyone. It has to be sought, and the reason is that you cannot convince anyone of any of the truth that is embodied in the message. This is natural and it is normal, for "the natural man receiveth not the things of the spirit of God." 1 That means the mind can never understand the things of God. There is nothing about God or the realm of God that is common sense or reasonable to the mind. It might seem reasonable to you now but that is because you have in a measure gone beyond the mind, beyond common sense, and the spiritual center in you is opened. Even if it is open in a tiny measure, everything seems reasonable. But until that center is open, there would be no point asking you to hear this message because it would not penetrate. In the original book The Infinite Way, from the First through the Ninth Edition, I paid lip-service to metaphysical belief by occasionally using the word Mind with a capital "M" as a synonym for God. As you know, I took it out with the Tenth Edition and all later editions, but I would like you in particular to understand why that was done. The mind of man can be used for either good or evil as you well know. Many people are using the mind for evil or destructive purposes, sometimes merely for pleasurable purposes which certainly does not come under the heading of God or good. So you see mind could never be God, and God could never be mind. We are not so great that we could use God. Therefore the mind must be looked upon as a human instrument, an instrument for learning or for planning, and for some, for evil ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...lence! Stillness! Quietness.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:12- 104K
Find Similar Documents
Showing Forth the Presence of God: Chapter 12, God Alone Is Power
- Chapter Twelve God Alone Is Power Out of depths of the silence, out of the infinite withinness, come the joy, the peace, and the harmony of our daily life. Most persons in the world miss much of this harmony because they are seeking their good outside themselves. They believe that their good can come to them from somebody, from something, or from somewhere other than their consciousness. For thousands of years people have been seeking health, wealth, peace, safety, security out here in the world, thinking that these could come through men, organizations, or places. It is not true and never has been true. The kingdom of God which is the kingdom of Allness has to be found within individual being. If heretofore you have been expecting good to come to you, be willing this very minute to give up all thought of any good coming to you at any time from any place, person, situation, or condition in this world. The longer you expect good to come to you, the longer you will be waiting for it and the closer will come the realization that it is not going to come. It never has for anyone. It never will come to you. But if you can give up all thoughts, hopes, and desires of getting, receiving, or achieving good, and understand that you, yourself, are the place where God fulfills Himself, you will be that place where God flows through to all those who do not yet know their true identity. The Master Revealed Our True Identity At one time I was asked to speak with two ministers on the subject of meditation and, if possible, to help them with their practice of meditation. One of them asked, "Do you believe that in this short time we have together today you can teach us how to meditate?" I told them I could not answer that question until they answered a couple of other questions. Then I would be able to tell them very quickly whether or not they could achieve meditation and the fruits of meditation in such a short period. First of all, I asked, "Do you believe that Jesus Christ is the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter 12, God Alone Is Power.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:13- 121K
Find Similar Documents
The Government of Eden: Chapter 2, The Genesis Of Identity
- II the genesis of identity T HERE ARE TWO levels of consciousness. There is the spiritual, incorporeal level, as described in the first chapter of Genesis. On this level, man created in the image and likeness of God shows forth neither sin, disease, death, lack, limitation, nor any of man's inhumanity to man. Those born into the consciousness of the first chapter of Genesis have neither father nor mother. They are the Melchizedek- consciousness: they are not physical offspring, and they have no human parentage. They are incorporeal. But those born of human parents are born into the level of the second-chapter-of-Genesis creation, the world of mind, the mortal consciousness of good and evil, which constitutes humanhood. It is this humanhood that makes us think that by destroying our enemy or competitor, we can live and prosper, or that by taking away somebody's freedom, we can become greater. A leaven is necessary to break through the crust of self-preservation. This leaven is the Spirit of God in man, which, when It is raised up, lifts man to Its level, and then, instead of "man whose breath is in his nostrils," 1 we now have the Son of God, that "man who has his being in Christ." 2 The Master acknowledged that there are two men: the man of earth-the creature, the mortal, the viper-and the divine Presence within individual consciousness, which, when recognized and released, changes man from the man of earth to the Son of God. We speak of God as the creative principle of this entire universe, including man. But actually, that brings up a picture in your mind of a God that created something at some time, and as long as you hold to that belief, you cannot rightly understand the nature of God, for God has never created any thing at any time. Any such belief puts God in time and space, and with a beginning, and that takes away God's eternality and immortality. I ask you rather, see God as an Infinite Invisible, appearing as this universe, rather than as starting it, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...overnment of Eden_Chapter 2.pdf
Modified: 2021-01-25 13:32:07- 101K
Find Similar Documents
The Infinite Way: Putting On Immortality
- ... We are not now speaking truth but receiving truth, and that which we receive in silence we may speak from the housetops with authority. Spiritual healing is the natural result of a divinely illumined consciousness. We are illumined only as we are receptive and responsive to spiritual illumination. We misunderstand immortality when we think of it as the immortality of the human personality, or personal sense. Death does not produce immortality or end personal sense, nor does the continuation of human existence mean the attainment of immortality. Immortality is attained in proportion as personal sense is overcome, whether here or hereafter. As we put off the personal ego and attain the consciousness of our real Self - the Reality of us, divine Consciousness - we attain immortality. And that can be achieved here and now. The desire to perpetuate our false sense of body and wealth ensnares us into death, or mortality. The first step in the attainment of immortality is living out from the center of our being, as in the idea of unfoldment from within, rather than accretion: It is the giving sense rather than getting; being rather than attaining. In this consciousness, there is no condemnation, judgment, hatred, or fear, but rather a continuous feeling of love and forgiveness. It is not a simple matter to show forth the joy and peace of immortality, because to those intent on preserving their present concepts of being, immortality would appear to be extinction. This is not the case: It is the eternal preservation of all that is real, fine, noble, harmonious, gracious, unselfish, and peaceful. It is reality brought to light in place of the illusion of sense. It is the conscious awareness of the infinity of individual being replacing the finite sense of existence. Selfishness and conceit fall away in the realization of the divinity of our being. This realization brings forth patience and forbearance with those still struggling in mortal, material consciousness. It is being ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Way_ Putting On Immortality.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:14- 96K
Find Similar Documents