The Heart of Mysticism: April 1957, Resurrection
- CHAPTER FOUR: APRIL Resurrection IT is said in Scripture that the last enemy that shall be overcome is death. The Master, Christ Jesus, proved this statement by raising the dead. "For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth . . . wherefore turn yourselves, and live ye." 1 With such scriptural authority, you should realize that death need be no part of anyone's experience. Acceptance of a process which culminates in passing on is but the acceptance of a universal belief so tenacious that, according to the Master, it is the last enemy that will be overcome. That is probably true. It may take many, many generations before we come to that place in consciousness where we can say with assurance: I need not die. I, my true identity, my God-identity, can raise up this temple every three years, every three days, every three months. I am continuously renewing this body. I, the Christ of God, the reality of man, am forever about the Father's business of sloughing off, rebirthing, renewing, restoring, and resurrecting this vehicle for my expression. That I, the Christ, can never be revealed to mortal or material consciousness, but our realization of the Christ uplifts consciousness, until it is so spiritualized that it can behold the inner vision of eternality and immortality here and now. Let us go back through the years to the resurrection of the Master. Why did only about five hundred people witness the risen Jesus? There were multitudes at the Crucifixion, but only about five hundred witnessed the bodily Resurrection. Why? When Jesus stepped out of the tomb, he walked out of it in the same form in which you and I will walk out of our tombs when, to human sense, we seem to pass on. Not one of us will ever remain in a tomb longer than three days, and most of us will never find ourselves in a tomb. We shall have arisen before the burial takes place. But only those with spiritual vision will be able to witness our resurrection. You will be well on the road to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...m_ April 1957, Resurrection.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:56- 148K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: January 1959, Individual Responsibility
- CHAPTER ONE: JANUARY Individual Responsibility WHEN children are no longer children, the responsibilities of adulthood fall upon their shoulders, and sometimes they come upon sad days because, even though they have reached the number of years which should be the measure of maturity, they are not always prepared for that responsibility. This is doubly true of truth- students. Very few of them are ready for the responsibilities of adulthood in truth, despite the fact that they may have been studying truth for ten, twenty, thirty, or forty years, because the number of years of study is no barometer of the spiritual maturity of a student. You face a great responsibility when you come to a place in consciousness where your every word becomes a law unto yourself. No longer can you consider yourself a truth-student and at the same time violate truth in your thinking or in your living. Such failure to live truth may not carry with it too severe a penalty as long as this truth is merely a mental process or as long as it is something you think and then mouth as meaningless platitudes. From the minute, however, that you grow up in truth and realize, "This is really true. I am the child of God; I am the offspring of God; God does constitute my being, and there is a Presence that goes before me to make the crooked places straight. I know now from watching my own life that there is an Influence in my life overshadowing me, that there is a Power over, above, and beyond anything human, physical, or mental"; from that moment you are really an adult in truth, and from then on you are obligated to live the words that you utter, or you will find truth to be a double-edged sword. Just as human freedom and individual liberty entail serious responsibilities, so does spiritual freedom. Far too many people still think of freedom or liberty as license, the freedom to do anything they want to do, not realizing that freedom really means the freedom to live so that all may enjoy liberty-the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., Individual Responsibility.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:01- 141K
Find Similar Documents
Living the Illumined Life: Chapter 2, First Steps On the Path of Discipleship
- Chapter Two First Steps On the Path of Discipleship Truth has been presented to the world throughout all ages, and by this time it would seem that everyone should know the truth, but there are very few who have had even the tiniest glimpse of it. I would count myself fortunate if I could say that I had attained a grain of truth, because in my heart I know how very much less than that I have attained, and I also know why. Truth is always veiled, and it has never been presented except in a form that is veiled. The veil, however, is not necessarily for the purpose of concealing truth. In some cases, it is to make it possible for those seeking truth to understand it. To some, it might seem that the more clearly truth is stated, the more it will be understood, but that is not true. Why and How Truth Is Veiled If truth were presented in its stark form, I can assure you that everyone would walk away from it and say, "Well, I can swallow a lot, but not that." Truth will never be accepted by those hearing it with the human ear alone. There must be the development of an inner ear, an inner eye, and an inner perception in order to respond to truth. The work of the spiritual path is to develop that inner ear and inner eye. Moses veiled the truth, but Christ Jesus took away that veil. Nevertheless, when Jesus rent the veil, the people of his day would not accept the truth he revealed. Instead they crucified him. All outward forms of worship, such as the ceremonies carried on in churches and cathedrals, are in reality veils. Truth is not to be found in these religious observances but lies hidden in the ceremony and the ritual, awaiting our discovery. If truth were presented unveiled, most persons would walk away from it with the comment, "That above all things cannot be truth." The ceremonies, rites, and rituals are given so that a person can look behind the scenes, dig deep, and perceive the nature of what is being presented to him, and then eventually he comes face to face with ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...On the Path of Discipleship.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:53- 116K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: June 1955, Higher Views of God Prayer and The Self
- ... In the beautiful words of the Psalmist, we read: "Give unto the Lord the glory due unto his name; worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness." And so we come to another principle: "Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor." It makes no difference if your neighbor is black, white or yellow, Hebrew, Christian or pagan-your neighbor is the self-same being: God expressed, God manifest in flesh. This is the beauty of holiness. This is knowing the truth about your neighbor; this is praying for your neighbor; this is forgiving your neighbor, even as you would have your neighbor forgive you. "Love worketh no ill to his neighbor: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law." Our Message is one of Love, and we are fulfilling the law of Love in our acknowledgment of the infinite nature of God, and the eternal nature of the Son of God. In our acknowledgment of Omnipresence, Omnipotence, Omniscience, we have acknowledged Divine Grace. We have acknowledged that the Grace of God is for us, for our neighbor, and for our enemy. In this acknowledgment we seek forgiveness of our errors of ignorance, and just as freely we forgive all others in this realization that this truth is the truth about everyone in heaven, on earth, or in hell. "Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself . . . forgive and ye shall be forgiven . . .", and in this instant of realization we release all those who are holding themselves in bondage to false concepts of God, Law, Love and Life. We loose them and let them go, in the realization that all that is of God is Good-and what is there that is not of God? Oh! What a wonderful thing it is to know that there is nothing to go to God for! Conscious Union with God In order to enter into the mystical life one must master the ability to remain in the silence without thought, and this is the most difficult part of all spiritual living. In no way is this a cessation or repression of thought, nor an effort toward such: instead, it is attaining such deep ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... of God Prayer and The Self.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:03- 150K
Find Similar Documents
Living Now: Chapter 9, The Nature of Consciousness
- ... You are Melchizedek, never born and never dying. This, you will understand when you realize that you are using this body as your instrument just as you use your automobile to travel around in. And, just as you get a new automobile when you need one, so some day when this body has served its full purpose for you, you will discard it and take on a new one. As your body in this experience has served different purposes and functions, so will your new body have its function and develop whatever is necessary for its activity because your consciousness will fit your body to its needs, visibly or invisibly. The Consciousness from which you derive everything is God-consciousness, and It is infinite: It is eternal life, immortality, harmony, wholeness, and completeness. Therefore, turn within and seek for Grace, for the Grace that is your sufficiency, for the fullness of Allness within. You do not have to go outside yourself for peace, health, or wealth because all these are embodied in your consciousness. Forgiveness and Love As Activities of Consciousness The ministry of the Christ reveals that the divine Consciousness within you is come that you might have life and that you might have it more abundantly: It is come that you might be fed and have twelve baskets full left over. It is come that you might forgive and be forgiven for past ignorance and stupidities. It is come that you might have peace on earth. Forgive; forgive. Forgive all men, because you cannot enter the spiritual life until you have forgiven them their past offenses, and have also forgiven yourself. You have to close your eyes, look back on the years, and realize, "Yes, those years were full of insults to God and to my fellow man. They were just filled with sin, but now at last I know it, and I know it was wrong. It may be that I can never right the particular wrongs to the particular persons involved, but at least I can recognize the nature of my sins and be done with them. I have control over this minute ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...The Nature of Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:51- 141K
Find Similar Documents
Living by Grace: Chapter 8, Message to Teachers on the Spiritual Path
- CHAPTER 8 MESSAGE TO TEACHERS ON THE SPIRITUAL PATH The ministry of Truth tempts many to enter the path to gratify their ego in being known as a practitioner or teacher or lecturer or leader or for some other desire for personal gratification. Be sure you have received the signal within, which is your passport on the journey. The greatest temptation above all others is having one's own concept of Truth. Complete discipleship comes only when all sense of personal knowledge of Truth disappears. While we are on earth, there is never a time when we are outside the range of temptation, because temptation is subtle. It can appear as the desire for prestige, wealth, or fame, or it can appear as the temptation to wield power. Once an individual has been touched by the Spirit, people believe that is not possible for them to sin. That is not true! The Bible is filled with those who succumbed to temptation. There was Judas. There was Lot's wife. There was Peter, who denied the Master. Even Jesus was tempted three times, although He did not succumb to these temptations. The person on the spiritual path, even if he is at the beginner's level, should become conscious of the fact that a wrong done by him or her is far more serious than a wrong done by others. A wrong done under the robe of the Spirit is a crime against the Spirit. There is only one Consciousness, so once God Consciousness has become the consciousness of the teacher and the teacher violates that God Consciousness, the penalty is great. That teacher loses the God Consciousness. It is of utmost importance, therefore, that everyone on the spiritual path, but especially those who would be teachers, maintain at all times a high degree of spiritual integrity. Coming into an Awareness of Spirit Healing work cannot be done with the mind, just as God cannot be reached through the mind. If you knew all the truth in metaphysical textbooks such as Science & Health with Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy, or Lessons in ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...chers on the Spiritual Path.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:47- 167K
Find Similar Documents
The Government of Eden: Chapter 8, When We Spread Fear, Rumor, ...
- VIII when we spread fear, rumor, hysteria, and mass confusion O N EVERY HAND mankind is gripped by fear in the face of nerve-shattering world conditions, and those of us who have been able, even in a measure, to see the unreal nature of the evil rampant in the world have not only the responsibility of releasing people from their fears but, in releasing them from their fears, preventing the greater tragedy that their fears may bring upon them. People do not fear because they are cowards; they fear because they are gripped by universal hypnotism that makes them act in ways foreign to their nature. It is mass hysteria, having its foundation in ignorance. The evils that befall us are not in God or man but rather in the conditioning that we have received through the ignorance that has been foisted upon us from time immemorial. In other words, every time that we give power to a person, a thing, or a condition, our consciousness is showing forth its conditioning, and to that extent, we become victims of it. It might come as a surprise to see how easy it would be for some person, either for a specific purpose or an experiment, to show us how quickly we could be made to distrust one another, and then, in the end, fear one another. It has been done over and over and over again. It is a very simple thing to condition the minds of persons who are not alert so that they unthinkingly accept the opinions, thoughts, and beliefs of others and respond robot- like to individual suggestions or mass hysteria. If we listened to all the propaganda and the opinions of others, very soon we would be fighting not only with our families but with our neighbors and the whole world. The question is this: To whom do we give allegiance? To whom do we surrender our minds and our thoughts? It is very difficult for persons who have not been taught the value of meditation to turn within to the Presence for Its guidance, instruction, and wisdom. Instead, they rely on opinions gathered from newspapers, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...overnment of Eden_Chapter 8.pdf
Modified: 2021-01-25 13:32:06- 84K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Is What I Am: Chapter 8, Invisible Life Fulfills Itself Tangibly & Visibly
- ... One of the barriers to our progress is that we let truth lie dormant in the back of our mind instead of praying without ceasing. * * * * * CONSCIOUSNESS DETERMINES OUR LIFE-EXPERIENCE Nothing can come into our experience except through our consciousness, so what our life will be depends on what we entertain in consciousness. If we entertain the idea of God as omnipresent Intelligence, Love, and Power, good is going to be our experience. Our responsibility is to be still and let Omnipresence flow. We need not take thought or plan anything; we just live whatever flows through, which will be every quality of God. Why? Because that is what we are entertaining in consciousness: God. We do not have to think thoughts of generosity, forgiveness, or abundance. We have only to abide in Omnipresence, Omniscience, and Omnipotence, and when we do that we lose all capacity for anything but God, and God flows through. We find ourselves being loving, generous, kind, and pure, but we have not had to take thought about it. What is in a consciousness that is not imbued with Omnipresence? What is left when God is taken out of our consciousness? Fear, ignorance, superstition, desire, anxiety, concern, get, give me, help me, I, me, mine! When God is absent from consciousness, we are living a life with all the accidental happenings that make up the human experience. Only when consciousness is filled with the presence of God is it true that nothing can enter "that defileth . . . or maketh a lie." 2 Holding good thoughts will not be a protection to us. The only protection is holding thought on God. There is no use thinking thoughts of safety or security or thoughts of abundance. Such thoughts will never bring these to us. A consciousness imbued with God is a consciousness full of love, life, forgiveness, sharing, peace on earth. We cannot have a consciousness filled with God and fail to understand that all mankind is really God in manifestation. Mankind as a whole is not showing this forth ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...s Itself Tangibly & Visibly.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:24- 124K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: July 27, 1963, Nothing Can Be Added
- NOTHING CAN BE ADDED July 27, 1963 Infinite Way Study Center "OF THOSE WHO HA VE MUCH, much will be demanded." 1 It is inevitable that you who have had as much work with me as you have had, much will be expected. As visitors from different parts of the world come to Hawaii, they must naturally look upon you and wonder how much further along you are than other students of the world. In what way is that manifest? What have you to show forth, and what have you received? What great fruitage are you showing forth? It is inevitable that from all over the world, people look at me and wonder in what way I am showing forth this truth and in what way my family is showing it forth. So it is asked-and more and more it will be asked, "In what way is this shining forth in the experience of the students who are receiving so much?" You must be prepared for this because it is natural. In order to bring forth spiritual fruitage it is necessary that you thoroughly understand what it is you are trying to show forth. There must be no question in your own mind. In the ordinary religious life, the student is always seeking something. It is true they are seeking it of God, but this is not at all true in the mystical life. In the mystical life it is a continuous realization that "I already am." I am not going anywhere, nor am I going to attain more of God than I have, more of good than I have. I am rather "abiding in the Word." What Word? "All that the Father hath is mine. I am all that God is." In other words, sooner or later you must come to the realization that God has fulfilled itself in you-not today and not tomorrow and not since you have studied The Infinite Way. "Before Abraham was, I am you; I am the fulfillment of you. Before Abraham was, I have come in the midst of you, that you might be fulfilled. I am come that you might have life and that you might have life more abundant." 2 It was true about you "before Abraham was"-not after you read a certain amount of books. This message ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... 1963, Nothing Can Be Added.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:14- 102K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: January 1958, Spiritual Unfoldment Through The Study of The Infinite Way
- CHAPTER ONE: JANUARY Spiritual Unfoldment Through the Study of the Infinite Way UNLESS spiritual teaching uses the letter of truth as a foundation upon which to build, it frequently results in a blind faith in some kind of a power outside of ourselves, a power that we expect and hope will do something for us. An understanding of spiritual principles is gained, first, by learning the letter of truth and, then, by applying it to the everyday problems of human existence-to our human relationships and to our headaches, corns, bunions, and simple colds. Eventually, we shall learn to apply these principles to the major problems of individual existence and finally come to the realization that these principles, if accepted, would operate in national and international affairs. Merely as statements, truth is of no avail, but as we live with the letter of truth and continually abide in it, one day there comes a transitional experience. The mind is no longer repeating words, but words are coming to our awareness from within. The Bible, the writings of The Infinite Way, the tape recordings, the tape recording meetings, and the class work, if properly utilized, serve a twofold purpose. First, these implant the letter of truth in the mind and then they become the instruments by which truth becomes conscious awareness, a feeling in the heart. In the early stages of the development of spiritual consciousness, you fill yourself with truth by reading, by listening to recordings and attending tape recording meetings, by individual study with a teacher who had gone a step beyond you, and by attendance at classes. The more inspirational literature you read, the more classes you attend, and the more recordings you hear, the more does your thought become spiritualized, and the clearer transparency for truth do you become. Regardless of what path you may be following, you will find that there are certain disciplines to be observed : there is work to be done; there are periods when it is ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...e Study of The Infinite Way.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:01- 154K
Find Similar Documents