Living Between Two Worlds: Chapter 7, The Consciousness Of Omnipresence
- ~ 7 ~ THE CONSCIOUSNESS OF OMNIPRESENCE WHEN WE COME TO A CERTAIN PLACE in our spiritual development, we wonder how there could be such a God as has been worshiped in the last four thousand years, whether the Hebrew God, the Christian God, or the Buddhist God. Through prayers to that God, wars have not been wiped out, nor has peace been brought to earth. Furthermore, whatever of longevity has been demonstrated in this last half century has come by way of the increased knowledge materia medica has attained through research, resulting in a better understanding of nutrition and sanitation. Today many ministers are willing to admit that a new concept of God must be presented to the people, because what has heretofore been presented has not been God but merely an image, and a false one at that. It is not easy to come to a place in consciousness where we are willing to acknowledge this and then ask ourselves, "What is God?" The question is: What is God, not who, because to think of God as who would be to substitute one false image for another. Think for a moment of Omnipresence, a Presence filling all space, a Presence right where we are, whether we make our bed in heaven, in hell, or whether we "walk through the valley of the shadow of death."1 What is that Presence that is Omnipresence and at the same time All-power and All-wisdom? What is It? What is this Presence that is always with us, whose pleasure it is to give us the kingdom, this Presence that knows our needs even before we do, that which goes before us to make our way straight, that which prepares mansions for us? What is It? As we turn these questions over and over in our mind without fear that there is any God that is going to punish us for such questioning, as we divest ourselves of faith in that which has never warranted our faith, we find that that Presence has not done all those things for us because we have not understood what It is and how It functions. We must empty out the vessel filled with all these ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...nsciousness Of Omnipresence.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:44- 112K
Find Similar Documents
Living the Illumined Life: Chapter 3, The Sword of the Spirit
- Chapter Three The Sword of the Spirit Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. Matthew 10:34 What a strange statement this is to come from a consciousness such as that of the Master! Somehow or other we visualize Jesus the Christ as sitting on cloud nine all the time, in peace, harmony, joy, and completeness, with no rainy days in between. Yet he says, "I came not to send peace, but a sword." A person may interpret this in any way he wishes, but I speak to you about it from the standpoint of what I have witnessed in my thirty-odd years in this work, and from my observation the reason the Christ seems to bring a sword is that our purpose in life and the Christ's purpose in life are two entirely different things. In What Is Our Trust? We think in terms of economic or physical good; we think of peace, security, health, abundance, and happiness, but entirely in human terms, always involving the acquisition of some material form of good to bring us that peace, harmony, wholeness, and completeness. Even nationally and internationally, we depend on a bomb for peace, a frightening concept of the condition required for peace, nevertheless a fact in this age. In the past we have depended on armaments to establish and maintain peace for our nation, and individually we have depended on sums of money or a measure of physical well-being. In our lifetime, however, we have witnessed the failure of all of these to give us peace, security, or happiness. The Master, on the other hand, came to reveal a kingdom not of this world. 1 He came to reveal a peace also not of this world. His recipe for security was that we should not live by bread alone. Instead he gave us something to live by that to the ordinary human being seems almost impossible: the word of God. It seems strange to meet the threat of a bomb with the word of God, to meet the threat of disaster, famine, or disease with the word of God, and yet this is the Christ- ministry. We ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... 3, The Sword of the Spirit.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:52- 126K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Interpretation of Scripture: Cleansing the Temple
- CLEANSING THE TEMPLE WHEN YOU COME TO THE CHRIST, come with a sincere desire to be cleansed within. You are not merely coming to a teaching from which you except to receive more or better human conditions. You are not merely seeking to have your human existence made easier, healthier or even a bit longer - but you really are asking to be lifted entirely above the human level of life to an awareness and demonstration of Life eternal - the spiritual consciousness of Life and its harmonies. Do not then hold on to the personal sense of good that has so long obstructed your vision of the Christ. Be willing; be prepared for the Christ to dispel all personal sense - even that which is humanly good. To come to the Christ - to put on the Robe of Christ, and yet consciously insist on holding to greed, hate, envy, lust, bigotry, jealousy and ingratitude - is to invite disaster. When you open your thought to the Christ with honesty, the divine Presence will dispel all erroneous traits and characteristics, and will reveal you as the perfect spiritual Temple. If you cling to certain errors while inviting the entrance of the Christ into the Temple of your being, you set up a warfare between the Spirit and the flesh - between the Soul and material sense - and this warfare may wreck the Temple of your being, your body, at least temporarily. Come to this search for Truth with spiritual integrity. Your present sins, faults and limitations are not to be feared. They will disappear as you surrender the personal or material sense of existence for the spiritual consciousness of Life. The Metaphysical Dictionary says, "Solomon's Temple is a symbol of the regenerated body of man, which, when he attains it, he will never again leave. This enduring Temple is built in the understanding of Spirit as the one and only cause of all things." When you realize God, Soul or Spirit as the only causative Principle, you likewise understand that all that exists is of that eternal substance and is ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pture_ Cleansing the Temple.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:16- 71K
Find Similar Documents
The Altitude Of Prayer: Chapter 6, Pray Without Ceasing
- ~ 6 ~ PRAY WITHOUT CEASING EVERY HUMAN BEING is born under the law, not under Grace, but under the law of matter, the law of mind, the law of human happenstance, the law of accident, chance, and change. Parents do not know what kind of a child they may bring forth, and no one can guarantee that any newborn child will be perfect. No parents, regardless of how much love they give their child, can be certain that he will reach manhood or that he will be a person of morals and integrity. Why? Because in their hearts they believe that everything depends on chance, luck, circumstances, or conditions. Who knows when an accident will take place? Who knows when a bomb will be dropped, a call come to go to war; and death, accident, or insanity follow? Who knows? This is the story of humanhood and this is the story of the human race. Because of our spiritual sonship, however, we can make the transition from being under the law to being under the Christ. Life then is no longer lived under the law of matter or mind: life is then lived under the Christian rule of Grace. Can you understand what it would mean to go through life under a Grace that would feed, clothe, and house you, that would prevent illness and accidents, and if they occurred, immediately heal them? How would it be to go through life, knowing that you no longer needed to take thought for your life and that you were living under a Grace that could bring forth for you the heritage of heaven? Can you for a moment imagine living in the spiritual kingdom under My peace in which you would live "not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit"? 1 Can you conceive of life lived with a divine Presence going before you to make straight the way and to prepare mansions for you? That is the life the Master proclaimed and taught, and the life he promised to those who follow his teachings. Such a life is possible, but how can the transition be made? From the very beginning of modern metaphysics, over a hundred years ago, there have ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter 6, Pray Without Ceasing.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:25- 126K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Healing: Chapter VIII, Treatment Is a Realization of Omnipresence
- CHAPTER VIII TREATMENT IS A REALIZATION OF OMNIPRESENCE Many people are puzzled as to how the patient, rather than one hundred million other people, receives the benefit of a treatment if it is not necessary to know his name or his condition and if neither of these is taken into a treatment. The answer is found in the basic principle of oneness. The particular patient who has asked for help receives that help because he has reached out to the consciousness of the practitioner who understands that there is not a patient-consciousness, a practitioner-consciousness, and a God-consciousness: There is only one Consciousness-God-consciousness. When a patient turns to a truly dedicated God-conscious practitioner, he makes himself a part of that practitioner's God-consciousness. Furthermore, a person may ask for help for his child, his parents, his pet poodle, or for his crops, and in so doing he brings them to the one infinite divine Consciousness which the practitioner is. Strangely enough, a person who does not bring himself to this Consciousness may sit with his ills in the same room right next to the practitioner year in and year out and receive no benefit. Jesus walked up and down the Holy Land for three years, every day encountering the sick and the sinning, but only to those who came to him begging, "Master, Master, heal me," did he rum and say, "Do you believe that I can do this?" Only those who brought themselves into the consciousness of the Master, only those who were a part of the multitude that sat at his feet, only they received the benediction of his great blessing. Nearly everyone is surrounded with people who are in need of healing of one kind or another, and this poses the question as to what responsibility rests with a person regarding those who come within his orbit. Should treatment be withheld until help has been specifically requested? What about those in the world he sees around him who are in need of healing? Is he his brother's keeper? Such ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Realization of Omnipresence.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:33- 109K
Find Similar Documents
The World Is New: Chapter 6, Be a Beholder
- ~ 6 ~ BE A BEHOLDER WE WERE NOT BORN INTO THIS WORLD just to do healing work, any more than Jesus came to earth to cure people's ills or raise them from the dead. Lazarus, even though raised from the dead, passed on some time later and probably only a change in the date on his tombstone was involved. The more clearly we can perceive the unreal nature of any form of error and understand that what appears to us as error in any form is not error at all, that there is not really either a sin or a disease that has to be overcome, but that both sin and disease exist only as illusory experience or mental beliefs, the closer we shall come to being free of them and attaining spiritual consciousness, which is of course far more important than the healing work which we are doing in this age and at this period of our unfoldment. It was in 1928 that I lost all desire for the things of the earth in the sense of their having any attraction for me or making any demands upon me. Good music, good friends, good books, and good food still give me pleasure, but these are no longer a necessary part of my experience. I have learned to be in the world but not of it, to enjoy the good things of this world, but not to miss them when they are not a part of my experience. I have become aware of something in people with which I can commune and tabernacle. It makes no difference what their educational, financial, or social background is, I can enjoy mental or spiritual companionship with them. There is nothing of any nature they have that I desire or want or would go out of my way to get. I cannot be too happy when they are with me or too sad when they are away from me. We are just good friends at all times because I have touched a place in their consciousness which makes this possible, and therefore I know them more or less as they really are. I can love everyone on this earth. In fact, I had a very hard time hating Adolph Hider-it was not easy for me to hold harsh feelings even toward him. ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...w_ Chapter 6, Be a Beholder.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:44- 124K
Find Similar Documents
Awakening Mystical Consciousness: Chapter 12, Consciousness Unfolding as the Harmony of Our Experience
- ~ 12 ~ CONSCIOUSNESS UNFOLDING AS THE HARMONY OF OUR EXPERIENCE SOME time ago a poll was conducted across the United States on the question of what would contribute the most to peace. Thirty-eight percent of those interviewed felt uniting under one God would do more to ensure peace than a greater stockpile of bombs, more armaments, or disarmament. This indicates the beginning of a change of consciousness, and it is on this that valid prophecies can be made. With thirty-eight percent of a cross section of the population agreeing that spiritual values will do more for peace than atomic bombs, we can be assured that a change of consciousness, which will ensure ultimate peace, is evolving. Nearly every war that has not grown out of business rivalry has resulted from religious differences. Among religious groups, there are those who claim the Hebrews are God's chosen people, the Catholics have the only one true God, and the Protestants have the right way. Always there is the belief there is a God for each religion and this is the one and only God. But when thirty-eight percent of the persons interviewed agree there is only one God, bias, bigotry, and religious differences are being wiped out. The important thing is the recognition that whether we are Occidental or Oriental, white or black, Jew or Gentile, we are worshiping the same God. Then we have universality. Understanding there is but one God changes the nature of the individual. It changes the nature of our relationship with others because the greatest difference has been removed: believing there is one God for you and another God for me. At the beginning of every year, all kinds of predictions are made: predictions as to whether business will go forward or backward, as to the possibilities of peace, as to how the government will function. There are those, of course, who attempt to guess or make predictions based on astrological charts. As a rule, some of these come to pass, perhaps ten, twelve, or fifteen percent ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...e Harmony of Our Experience.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:10- 126K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: June 9, 1963, Christ: The Unfoldment from Within
- CHRIST: THE UNFOLDMENT FROM WITHIN June 9, 1963 Princess Kaiulani Hotel LAST WEEK WE WERE LED to the unfoldment that there are two realms or worlds, "this world" and "my kingdom," and that, "my kingdom is not of this world." 1 Also, because of these months of our work together, we must now be having the experience of truth, rather than just lectures or classes about truth. In other words we want our work to be in the nature of an experience, not a philosophy. Unless we can experience my kingdom, we are just living in the language of words, thoughts, teachings, and philosophies. In order to know the actual experience, you must begin by realizing that everything that exists in the external world had its beginning in the invisible-not just an invisible-but a very specific invisible consciousness. The consciousness of man, which basically is the consciousness of God manifested as the consciousness of man, is the invisible which is the substance and law of everything external. We know that the Chinese gave us the wheel, and a wheel is the most important part of a civilized existence. Now go back to China in your mind, and try to realize the world without a wheel. Then ask yourself, "Where does a wheel come from?" From this you will have to see that it had its origin in the mind of man, but behind that mind of man is the God- mind functioning as man's mind. So man turns within to his consciousness and he receives an impartation-an impartation from the infinite to the individual. And once man has the idea of a wheel in consciousness, how easy it is then to go out and make that wheel in the visible. Follow this principle all the way up from the wheel to the airplane, to color television, to radar, and see that everything had to be imparted to man from something greater than his education or physical strength. First he had to receive all these things in consciousness; he then took the next step of externalizing them. We have said in our work that there never will be peace on ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... The Unfoldment from Within.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:15- 104K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: May 5, 1963, The Word Becomes Flesh
- THE WORD BECOMES FLESH May 5, 1963 Halekulani Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii LAST WEEK IT WAS BROUGHT OUT that when we come to a spiritual teaching, we are really seeking for our own benefit. At first we do not think of our spiritual studies as having anything to do with the world; we are concerned only with what benefits we or our families will receive. This of course is natural and right because, until we ourselves have attained, we have nothing to give or to offer. If we do attain enlightenment, we soon find that it was not given to us for ourselves but for some God purpose. Be assured that whatever you receive from God is never given to you or for your benefit, because God is not so limited or so personal that he would give you a "pearl" just to wear on your finger. No, you will soon discover that whatever gift or grace you receive from God is given to you for a more universal purpose. I will take you back to the day that started me on the spiritual path. It was a day of threatened war that brought to my thought, "Where is God?" I was not religious, remember, but everyone has heard of God and so where in this danger, I wondered, is God? This started a trend of thought that years later ended with the realization, revelation perhaps, that there is no God in the world and there never has been-that God is only where God is realized, and nowhere else. In other words, where was God during all the centuries of the Hebrews' slavery under Pharaoh? Certainly of all people they prayed the hardest, but there was no God to take them out of the horrors of life under Pharaoh. Yet, when Moses attained his realization of God, that is where God entered the scene. In other words, it entered through the consciousness of Moses. Remember that Moses was not seeking God for the Hebrews' sake. No, his was the cry that is in the hearts of so many people: "Oh God, oh God, where art thou?" But you notice that, almost as quickly as he received his illumination, he was given a mission to take the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...963, The Word Becomes Flesh.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:18- 114K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Discernment: Chapter 2, God Must Be an Experience, Not a Concept
- Chapter Two God Must Be an Experience, Not a Concept It is evident that whatever people have leaned or depended upon, whether material or mental, has not met their needs, and now the desperateness of the world situation is turning their attention to God. Many may seek in wrong directions, but in the end this will be of no major importance since it is not so much the way a person goes that counts, but the motive that impels him. Regardless of what path he chooses, be it ever so false, it will lead him to the kingdom of God if the motive behind his search is a true motive. If the motive that governs his life is a deep desire for truth or for God, he will find himself illumined and actually receiving the gift of the Christ Itself. In this age, however, students devote far too much attention to the demonstration of the joys and successes that are to come with illumination than they do to the illumination itself. Most truth-students are seeking the demonstration of forms of good, rather than the unfoldment of good. It is natural, normal, and right that we come into the realization and demonstration of spiritual harmony. But what determines the degree of our success is whether our motive is to leave our "nets"1 or to have our nets filled with fish. Every person can easily determine the integrity of his motive for himself. The continuous desire to increase the human sense of supply, the human sense of health, or the human sense of success is really an attempt to fill our nets with more fish, larger fish, or tastier fish; whereas the spiritual motive is to leave our nets and find the meaning of "My kingdom." Beyond Words to the Word There is a deep spiritual significance in the word My: "My kingdom is not of this world.2. . . My peace I give unto you.3. . My word. . . shall not return unto me void.4. . My thoughts are not your thoughts."5 My word, the word of power, is not your word or my word: it is nothing that you or I think, nothing that we have heard from another. My ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...n Experience, Not a Concept.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:14- 123K
Find Similar Documents