God Formed Us For His Glory: Chapter 4, God Formed Man for His Glory
- Chapter Four God Formed Man for His Glory But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. I Corinthians 2:14 If a spiritual message such as the Infinite Way sounds like foolishness to you, it is because you are seeing and hearing as a human being and can be counted among those of whom Jesus spoke, "Having eyes, see ye not? and having ears, hear ye not?"1 If, on the other hand, this message makes sense to you, it is because your human sense of life is becoming fainter and your spiritual discernment is being awakened and aroused to perceive it. In a colloquy with his disciples the Master asked: Whom do men say that I the Son of man am? And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets. . . . But whom say ye that I am? And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. Matthew 16:13-17 It was as if Jesus had said to the disciples: "The mind did not tell you that; your eyes did not see it; your ears did not hear it: the Father within you, your spiritual sense, revealed it to you." So it is with a spiritual message. You will never learn a spiritual message merely through the physical senses, not by seeing or by hearing. You will learn a spiritual message when your heavenly Father, that is, your spiritual consciousness, is awake and reveals to you that this is truth, this is the Christ, this is reality. Then are you able to accept it, receive it, respond to it, and demonstrate it. Thought Is Not Power Some persons have accepted the belief that their human mind is God and that by thinking good thoughts they will come true. There are some who believe that if you send them a good thought it will benefit them, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...od Formed Man for His Glory.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:32- 120K
Find Similar Documents
I Stand on Holy Ground: Chapter 3, Meditation, the Door to Fulfillment
- ... If you cheat, steal from, or defraud another, which is certainly sowing to the flesh, that is what must inevitably return to you. But if you sow to the Spirit, if you permit love, justice, mercy, benevolence, and forgiveness to flow out from you, you reap life everlasting. It is the karmic law of ancient scripture. The bread that you cast on the waters returns to you. That is why you have to be careful not to send forth stale bread. Had we accepted the teaching of Jesus Christ on this score literally, we would have known hundreds of years ago that we dig our own graves by our conduct, by the atmosphere we carry with us, and by our attitude to others. What you do to others is the measure that returns to you pressed down and running over. You can think of it this way: the I of me is the I of you. When I take money from my pocket and give it to you, it is just as if I took it out of my right-hand pocket and put it into my left-hand pocket. It is earmarked for return, and usually with interest. The forgiveness that I ... Work, Not for a Living, But for the Joy of Serving With this assurance we can go out into the world, thinking only of how well we can do the job, of how many ways we can serve and be useful, whether to our employer or the public, of how many ways we can bless. If we can do nothing else, we can bring with us the power of forgiveness, so that wherever we see sin, disease, or death, we do not condemn but forgive. If we can do nothing else in our work, we can be a benediction at every step, by realizing, "God is with you. Immanuel, peace be unto this household. Peace be unto this business office. Peace be unto this customer. Peace be unto this client." Since supply is spiritual, we can give everybody an infinity of supply: a supply of life, gratitude, forgiveness, commendation, and a supply of peace on earth. Because we are the sons of God, we are heirs of God, heirs to all the heavenly riches. That is why we do not work merely for a living but for the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...on, the Door to Fulfillment.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:36- 124K
Find Similar Documents
Leave Your Nets: Chapter 9, The New Dimension
- ~ 9 ~ THE NEW DIMENSION The human scene continues to unfold day by day, as it has throughout all the days of the past. There is always the temptation to hope that things will be different tomorrow. But left to itself, one day will follow another as days always have. The human scene is a state of inertia; it continues being whatever it is now, usually along the same lines. Nothing will be different tomorrow from what it is today, or from what it has been in the past until a new note is brought into the picture. "Strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. 1 . . . I came not to send peace, but a sword." 2 Up to now, what has been said is gentle and sweet, and good-tasting. Now comes the part that makes the "belly bitter" 3 : the living of this truth. This demands sacrifice and great effort. It will not be too difficult for you to remember the truth that you and the Father are one and all that the Father has is yours: the difficulty comes in living it, and it is only in the living of it that it can be demonstrated. Declaring, "I and my Father are one," 4 or declaring your sonship will be of little help to you. You must assume your obligation as a "son." Part of the responsibility entailed in that relationship lies in your readiness and willingness to leave your "nets" in the sense of stopping your search for health and supply and to rest in the conscious awareness of these as divine gifts already established within your being, even though momentarily not visible outwardly. This means no longer voicing truth, but living the truth of your identity, being willing to be called upon to heal or feed the multitudes. Can you do it? You can, if you realize, "I of my own self cannot do it, but by virtue of my divine sonship, I can. All that the Father has is mine: the gift of healing, the infinity of supply, the joy of sharing and the joy of giving, the wisdom of not bearing resentment, anger, malice, and jealousy." That is ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 9, The New Dimension.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:41- 106K
Find Similar Documents
Living the Illumined Life: Chapter 6, Building the Transcendental Consciousness
- Chapter Six Building the Transcendental Consciousness Illumination, the attainment of spiritual consciousness or that mind that was also in Christ Jesus, comes when there has been sufficient inner preparation. That preparation consists not only of regular meditation and of learning the letter of truth, but what is even more essential: the practice of it. The letter of truth itself does not do the work of producing harmony in our experience: it merely helps to bring about a change of consciousness. Living Out from the Principle of One Power Let me illustrate that. In our ordinary human state we are always fearing the power of evil in one way or another, fearing infection, contagion, age, lack, fearing tyrants, domination or those who dominate, or fearing the weather, storms, lightning, wild animals, beasts, and reptiles. In this divided state of consciousness where we have respect for the power of good and yet fear the power of evil, there is very little possibility of attaining illumination. But when we accept the spiritual principle that there is but one real Power and therefore we need not fear any negative or evil powers, we begin an actual practice of that way of living and whenever we are confronted with an erroneous appearance we consciously remember: There is but one power. I need not fear what man can do to me; I need not fear what mortal conditions can do to me; I need not fear what germs or animals can do to me; I need not fear what bullets or bombs can do to me because all power is spiritual power. There is but one power. We abide in that word of truth and let it abide in us, and gradually we begin to lose our fear of external forces and powers and come to a state of consciousness where even though we see or hear about them yet we know no fear of them. In the degree that we do not react to anything with fear or concern, we have attained some measure of illumination. That illumination is in proportion to our lack of fear of anything external. Since the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ranscendental Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:53- 124K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: July 1956, Transition From Law to Grace
- CHAPTER SEVEN: JULY Transition from Law to Grace Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. . . . Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear. Hebrews II: I, 3 EVEN as Abraham, the father of the Hebrew race, journeyed long distances in time and space, not knowing whereto or why, so must we travel long distances in consciousness to arrive at a destined place where is found heaven-spiritual harmony, spiritual freedom, spiritual grace. We, as Infinite Way students, are pilgrims on that journey. All of us are seeking a life by grace, and in order to make any progress on this spiritual journey, we must understand the importance of faith in the unknown. As human beings, from the moment of conception until the moment of death, we are under the law of Moses, which is a karmic law. We are Under the laws of nature, of weather, climate, food, race, religion, creed, dogma. We are under the law of revenge-an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth. These Mosaic and karmic laws are made up of both good and evil. We do not choose to come under the law -we are under the law simply by virtue of being born, and we remain under the law until we, individually, remove ourselves from it. There are no ministers, priests, or rabbis who can set aside the law of the Ten Commandments, the karmic law, or the laws of human nature. It is something each one must do for himself by an act of consciousness. It is something you must do as specifically as you must resist the various temptations that crowd your particular individual life-by an act of conscious will. If you are tempted to envy that which others possess, it is you who, by an act of consciousness, must determine to be satisfied with that which is received from God and to covet nothing that belongs to another. If the temptations were to come to steal, to lie, to commit adultery, you would have to reject ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ransition From Law to Grace.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:02- 147K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: March 1958, The Practice of Spiritual Healing
- CHAPTER THREE: MARCH The Practice of Spiritual Healing To be successful in spiritual healing, it is necessary to come out and be separate -to adopt a clear principle from which there is no deviation. In order to be free and to free others, you yourself must know the nature of spiritual healing. The correct premise for healing is that God constitutes individual being, individual you and me; God constitutes your being and mine; and there is nothing which can defile that pure spiritual being. There is no cause save one: "Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord." 1 Spiritual healing cannot be based on the fact that there is something to be removed and that, in order to remove it, you must find its cause and then get rid of its effect. Nowhere in the New Testament does the Master indicate that there is a mental cause for physical disease; nowhere does he say to anyone, "You are ill because of this, that, or the other thing"; nowhere does he say that you are being held in bondage to this error because of that error; nowhere does he say that there is a cause for disease. Rather he demonstrated irrefutably his firm conviction that disease is not a power: "Stretch forth thine hand. 2 . . . Woman, thou art loosed from thine infirmity. 3 . . . Lazarus, come forth." 4 Do these words indicate that sickness has a cause or that disease was created by God? Spiritual healing is an acknowledgment of God as the infinity of being, as the infinity of your being and mine. Anything unlike God which presents itself to us is merely a state of mesmerism, a suggestion coming to us for our acceptance or rejection. It makes no difference whether the suggestion comes in the form of a sin or a disease, of unemployment or lack, the treatment is the same-the recognition that we are not dealing with physical conditions, but that we are dealing purely with a state of hypnotism. When we realize that, a large percentage of our healing work is accomplished. Then, can it make any difference whether ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...actice of Spiritual Healing.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:07- 150K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: October 1957, Bear Witness
- CHAPTER TEN: OCTOBER Bear Witness For thou shalt be his witness unto all men of what thou hast seen and heard. Acts 22:15 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe. He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. John 1:6-8 We speak what we do know, and testify that we have seen. John 3:11 If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true. John 5:31 And we are his witnesses of these things. Acts 5:32 Ye are my witnesses, saith the Lord, and my servant whom I have chosen; that we may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. Isaiah 43:10 IN a courtroom, a witness mounts the witness stand, not to interpret his observations, but simply to tell what he has seen. A witness bears witness to that which he has seen take place. At no point should a witness say, "I brought this about; I did this; or I helped this"; but rather, "This is what I saw, and I am repeating it as I saw it." That is what the Master meant by bearing witness to God. The Master bore witness to God's power. He claimed no power for himself, "I can of mine own self do nothing . . . 1 the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works," 2 that is, "I bear witness to that which I see the Father do." In The Infinite Way, we do not use God. Instead we sit in quietness and stillness, watching God do the work. Then we can say, "I witnessed a healing; I witnessed the activity of God in human affairs; I did not do it; I had no part in it, but I bore witness to God performing His work." Let us suppose that a call for help comes to us. Can I give the help or can you give it? Those of us who have been the instruments for healing know the answer to that question: No human being can give that help. If God does not answer the call, it will not be answered. But you say, "God is not answering all the calls that go out to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... October 1957, Bear Witness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:11- 153K
Find Similar Documents
The Only Freedom: Chapter 6, The Discipline of Knowing the Truth
- S Chapter Six The Discipline of Knowing the Truth tudents of the Infinite Way are taught to go into prayer, treatment, or a contemplative healing meditation without words, opening their consciousness in a state of receptivity, listening for that "still small voice," 1 and letting It give the treatment and do the work. On the other hand, students are taught to know the truth, declare the truth, remind themselves of truth, and go through a degree of mental discipline. Unless students understand these two approaches clearly, there might seem to be a conflict or a contradiction. But there is no conflict or contradiction. Spiritual Preparation Needed In the early stages of the development of spiritual consciousness, it is necessary to go through disciplines: mental disciplines, specific practice, and many forms of work that will not be used or be necessary later. In our earliest study, we fill ourselves full of truth through books, lectures, classes, or in any way in which truth can be imbibed. We spend hours and hours a day in reading, studying, meditating. We spend weeks, sometimes months, years attending classes, and we know the truth specifically about many things, probably about everything that touches our human experience. In doing that, let us understand that we are not doing it for the sake of God, nor are we doing it to reach God or to get something from God. As a matter of fact, such practices have very little to do with God: they have to do with preparing ourselves and making us fit for the receptivity to God. By that, I do not mean humanly fit or humanly good, but making ourselves spiritually receptive. That is what takes the preparation. Different Approaches Lead to God The more we read inspired literature, correct metaphysical or spiritual literature, and fill ourselves with it, the more our thought becomes spiritualized and the clearer transparencies we become. True, too, the more inspirational lectures to which we listen and the more classes we attend, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ipline of Knowing the Truth.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:34- 115K
Find Similar Documents
Beyond Words & Thoughts: Chapter 6, Measuring Spiritual Progress
- ... Once you have chosen the mystical or spiritual path, you have no power to be either good or evil because when you meditate and make contact with the Spirit within, It performs that which is given you to do. It lives your life, and It is neither good nor evil: It is just spiritual, perfect, and infinite. There is no such thing as good or evil in Spirit; there is no such thing as rich or poor in Spirit: there is infinity. There is no such thing as health or sickness: there is immortality. When you are not living by bread alone, by exercise or diet, when you are not depending solely on money, property, or investments, but when you are living by the word of God that you contact in your meditation, you are no longer living according to your will to be good, to be charitable, or your will to be moral. This is no longer your choice; this no longer lies within your power. Every time that you go within, touch the Spirit, and feel a release, that Spirit is performing the functions of your life, and whatever function you have to perform will be infinitely good, and it will be for eternity, not just for today or tomorrow, and not torn down next week or next month by a depression, a boom, or a war. In other words, the evils of this world will not come nigh your dwelling place because it will no longer be your dwelling: it will be the Father within doing the dwelling. Do you see why it is that when you go to God, it can be only in a complete surrender? Progress on the spiritual path seems to come slowly and imperceptibly, but years of devotion, dedication, and persistence inevitably bring the goal of conscious oneness with God closer and closer. Your pure motive leads you to where there is less and less reaction to the appearance-world; forgiveness and a lack of condemnation mark your attitude toward your fellow man; the fear of death diminishes; and the ego or personal sense is superseded by a recognition of the divine Self of you and of all men. "He that seeth me seeth him that ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...easuring Spiritual Progress.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:11- 144K
Find Similar Documents
Man Was Not Born to Cry: Chapter 9, Spiritual Dominion
- ... Only when it gives itself up, surrenders itself, and permits itself to be broken open by the natural elements, does the seed change its form and eventually become a whole tree full of fruit. So it is that we-insignificant you and I, who of ourselves are really nothing-suddenly become the source through which flows infinite wisdom, love, companionship, supply, forgiveness, and infinite good in every form. Jesus was quick to admit that of his own self he was nothing, but we all know ... If, for any reason, there are those who are unable to do that, they can begin to share forgiveness. They can look out at the everpresent world of enemies-personal, national, racial-and begin to forgive them, praying that God's mercy open their consciousness. They can begin to pray, not so much for their friends and relatives, but for the sick and the sinning of the world, for those who are downtrodden, dejected, and rejected. One reaction to such a program may be, "Oh, but I'm further down in the scale than are these people for whom I am supposed to pray." In this realization, we forget that: we give what we have to give, and if we have nothing to give but prayer, then we pray. If we have nothing to give but forgiveness, we give forgiveness. If we have nothing to give but service or dedication, we give it-but we give! This is a practice. This is not conversation; this is not reading a book and exclaiming, "How lovely!" This is taking it out of the book and putting it into practice. In other words, it is acknowledging that infinity dwells within, and if we have only one dollar's worth of infinity at this minute let us give ten cent's worth of it away. It makes no difference how little we may have at the moment. What counts is that we make the acknowledgment that infinity is the measure of our being and act as though that were true, even though we act only with pennies, or if we act only with forgiveness or prayers or service. The way of the spiritual life was presented to the world by ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...apter 9, Spiritual Dominion.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:58- 130K
Find Similar Documents