Rising in Consciousness: Chapter 13, God Is Not Mocked
- ~ 13 ~ GOD IS NOT MOCKED IT HAS BECOME MORE AND MORE CLEAR to me that the real purpose of spiritual teaching is not merely making the demonstration of daily living, daily harmony, even peace and health, in the human way. There is a higher sense to life than making the organs of the body a little healthier, or making physical life last a few years longer, or increasing one's income by ten dollars a week, or even a thousand dollars a week. Realize that life is spirit; therefore our individual expression of that life must be spiritual, and our entire existence can show forth the harmonies and perfections of spirit, and not merely physical health and wealth. This is the message. Now, one of the scriptural passages that opens to us a great deal of this thought is the one we are using as the basis for tonight's talk. Let me read a line from the book of Galatians, chapter six: "Be not deceived, God is not mocked; for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the spirit shall of the spirit reap life everlasting." 1 Be not deceived; God is not mocked. If you look out at the human world, I am sure you will contend that God is mocked. When you see the sin, the disease, the wars, the depressions, it is an impossibility to believe this verse, "God is not mocked." Surely, God has never planned such scenes as we witness in the human world for its creation. Therefore, if we were to judge by the human experience, we would have to agree that God is mocked. We are told that God said: "I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth," 2 yet not only are the highways filled with death every day, but we send out the flower of youth to make sure they get killed off even faster than we would normally do it in traffic! Yes! In the human scene, God is mocked. Anyone who has ever spent any amount of time in spiritual healing work, any measure of time with people suffering with cancer and ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...apter 13, God Is Not Mocked.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:08- 128K
Find Similar Documents
The Early Years: Chapter 11, Consciousness
- ~ 11 ~ CONSCIOUSNESS All that exists in the objectified realm is the creation or emanation of consciousness. Consciousness is the basic substance from which all manifestation issues forth. All that is, is the expression or formation of consciousness. It is consciousness that is the creative and governing principle of all forms and expressions, whether animate or inanimate, and which maintains and sustains its creation now and forever. We must learn to view life from this standpoint, and then we will not too highly value anything in the manifested or objectified universe, knowing as we do, that the power of manifestation and jurisdiction is not in the objectified realm, but in the consciousness which has objectified itself as the universe. "Destroy this temple, and in three days I (consciousness) will raise it up." 1 As there can be but one intelligence, one consciousness, it is your consciousness which is continually creating and re-creating your world, your experiences, your activity, your supply, and your environment. Your consciousness is the principle of your universe, and your universe is harmonious and successful in proportion to your realization of this truth. Conscious thought is not God, is not creator. Conscious thought is but the tool with which consciousness operates. "Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?" 2 Taking thought is not the way of consciousness. Affirmations and denials are in the realm of human thought and do not express Deity. Consciousness alone is God. However, it is made known to human sense through thought, but thought itself is not the actor. It is the activity through which we become aware of the action and its effects, which is creation. We must realize that our existence is the continuous and harmonious expression of spirit only in the degree that we learn to "be still," learn to "take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat; neither for the body, what ye shall put on." We must "consider the lilies" ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..._ Chapter 11, Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:44- 124K
Find Similar Documents
Living the Illumined Life: Chapter 1, The Now Activity of the Christ
- Chapter One The Now Activity of the Christ The spiritual path is the way through which we enter the spiritual life, and ultimately it leads us to that place where we know beyond all doubt that the spirit of God dwells in us and is living our life. The activity of the Spirit is always fruitful, productive of harmony, peace, joy, and abundance. In spiritual living there is no chance, nor are there accidental events of any nature. Most persons think of going to church, to a lecture on spiritual subjects, or reading a book of spiritual wisdom as if it were a human act, even an act of their own will. This really is not the case at all because human instinct does not lead a person naturally in that direction. It is only when the activity of something greater than one's self has touched an individual's consciousness that he is led to a truth- teaching. So it is that same something that has brought you to the reading of this letter. You would not be doing this if it were not for the activity of the Spirit, the Christ, functioning in you, and functioning as your consciousness. That this Christ function as your life is the goal of spiritual living. This is the ultimate attainment. Letting Go of This World for the Kingdom Truth is not an easy path to walk. Many persons still have the mistaken idea that in coming to truth they are going to find their human problems quickly met and then perhaps they will dangle on some kind of a ninth cloud. The harp has been eliminated, and I am not quite sure what has taken its place. It is true that entering the spiritual path does eliminate many problems-the major discords and inharmonies of our lives-and usually very quickly. However, since eliminating problems is not the primary goal of truth, these outer harmonies indicate that we have merely entered the spiritual path at this stage. The next step to which we must look forward is the overcoming of our human pleasures, human profits, and human harmonies. The basis for this is the Master's ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Now Activity of the Christ.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:52- 126K
Find Similar Documents
The World Is New: Chapter 14, God Is Not Mocked
- ~ 14 ~ GOD IS NOT MOCKED THE REAL PURPOSE OF SPIRITUAL TEACHING is not merely to show students how to make the demonstration of daily living and daily harmony, nor even the demonstration of peace and health in a human way. There is something more important in life than making the organs of the body a little healthier, or prolonging physical life a few years, or increasing a person's income by ten or even a thousand dollars a week. The real import of The Infinite Way is that we realize that life is Spirit and therefore our individual expression of that life must be spiritual and our entire existence show forth the harmonies and perfections of Spirit, and not merely physical health and wealth. Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. Galatians 6:7,8 "Be not deceived; God is not mocked." Judging the world from the evidence of the five physical senses, we would have to admit that God is mocked. Surely, God never planned for Its creation any such scenes or experiences as we witness in the human world, and so, judging by human experience and from what we see about us of sin, disease, wars and depressions, it is practically impossible to believe that God is not mocked. "For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth." 1 How can we reconcile that statement with the statistical fact that not only are our highways filled with death every day, but that we send the flower of our youth off to war to make sure they get killed even faster than would be the normal incidence in traffic accidents? Yes, in the human scene, God is mocked. Anyone who has ever spent any amount of time in healing work-spiritual, mental or medical-or with those suffering from cancer or tuberculosis would certainly be tempted to agree that God is mocked. Yet Scripture says that God is not mocked. It also says ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...apter 14, God Is Not Mocked.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:45- 136K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: September 1955, The Deep Pool of Your Being
- ... Had the Master not been able to step aside sufficiently to know that "I can of mine own self do nothing," and had the word "I" entered His demonstration in any way, the miracles could not have taken place. This brings us back to our first point: God is individual consciousness (the consciousness of you and me) and therefore the storehouse of infinity is within you. You cannot draw it forth-you can get out of the way, make the contact, and let it flow forth! In order to understand this properly it is necessary that you first overcome time and space. You must remember that none of this has anything to do with yesterday. None of yesterday's virtues will help you achieve this realization today, and none of yesterday's sins will prevent proving it today. Your yesterday's, whether for good or evil, have nothing to do with today's spiritual unfoldment. You must rise in consciousness above any sense of limitation, and each time you turn to the within in an earnest sense of self-forgiveness and Self- realization the yesterdays are blotted out. "Though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow," and because the nature of the Christ is forgiveness, until seventy times seven, even were you to sin again you will be "as white as snow" the moment you return. As long as you earnestly and sincerely follow this path for the purpose of "forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before," and ". . . press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus," even though mistakes cling and must be risen above again and again, nevertheless there will come that day of complete attainment when there will be no going back to the yesterdays. You do not live on yesterday's manna. It is necessary that you make this contact almost hourly throughout each day until that glorious moment when It takes over and says, "I am with you," and eventually on to the end of the road where It says, "I am you." Until that day ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...The Deep Pool of Your Being.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:12- 143K
Find Similar Documents
1954 Infinite Way Letters: Chapter 8, The Silence
- ... Our good, which seems to come to us from others, is but the reflex action of the good we have loosed or released into the world. Ah, yes! But what is the nature of the good that we are to release into the world, since it does not necessarily mean the amount we give to charity, or the human service that we give, or the sacrifices we have made for our country or our church? The good that we loose-we on the Spiritual Path-is the amount of truth that we understand about God and God manifest, and this is all summed up in the two great Commandments of the Master. First of all, we must loose or release the realization of the truth that God alone is Mind, that God alone is Love, that God alone is Life, that God alone is the True Being of individual being. This truth must be constant-it must be a constant state of awareness within us. The second Commandment is: "Love thy neighbor as thyself." Here we have many forms of love: first of all, the love that recognizes God as the individuality of all being. Then there is the love that operates as forgiveness, even unto seventy times seven. There is the love that forgives its enemies and even prays for those who despitefully use us. There is the love given in service to our fellow-man, in gifts to the right causes, in benevolences in the right directions-always, of course, when given out of pure love and with no thought of a return. In proportion as these two great Commandments fill our consciousness, we are casting our bread upon the waters and, naturally, this comes back to us in the form of good. Meanwhile, we are faced with all the appearances and personalities of relatives and friends and enemies. We must learn not to re-act, but to realize that any evil that is done will harm only the one who does it. Just as no good can come into our experience except through the good that we send out, be assured that the opposite-the evil or the materialism that we hold in thought-also comes back to plague us, because it is written, ". . . ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ers_ Chapter 8, The Silence.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:54- 113K
Find Similar Documents
God Formed Us For His Glory: Chapter 2, The Meaning of Living Spiritually
- ... Therefore, whatever we are seeking in life, we must stop seeking for and come into the agreement that it already exists within our own being. Then, as in the experience of the widow with the cruse of oil, the cruse never runs dry, even though in the beginning our material sense perceives that we have only a few drops.9 But the cruse of oil did not fail. A spiritual master sees what the materialist can never see, and that is the infinite unfailing source of supply once we begin to let it flow. This is true of every area of our experience. It is true of forgiveness. Let nobody expect forgiveness, because there is no God to give it to him. Forgiveness has to come from within a person's own being, and then it comes back to him. "Forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors."10 There it is clear as a bell for everyone to see, to read, to hear. Our debts, or our sins, are forgiven in proportion as we learn to forgive. Do we need companionship? We cannot get it. There is no way under the sun to demonstrate companionship, because it ... The Master very clearly says, "I can of mine own self do nothing." So all the words and thoughts that we repeat have no effect whatsoever on the problem or on the condition. The effect is to lift us into a higher atmosphere where fear and concern disappear and we are then ready to enter that silence which is meditation. We are ready to listen for the "still small voice" to receive the inner assurance of God's grace. Then the healing takes place, harmony appears, employment is found, supply, the overcoming or the forgiveness of sin. It is not you or I as human beings who can forgive sin. It is not you or I who can ever counsel or give advice to anybody on his human problems. But we can be still and we can let the inner assurance of divine grace come, and then it will bring the advice or counsel needed, the guidance and direction. It will bring healing, harmony, and whatever form of good may be necessary at the moment. For too long, too many ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...aning of Living Spiritually.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:31- 122K
Find Similar Documents
The Infinite Way: Putting On Immortality
- ... We are not now speaking truth but receiving truth, and that which we receive in silence we may speak from the housetops with authority. Spiritual healing is the natural result of a divinely illumined consciousness. We are illumined only as we are receptive and responsive to spiritual illumination. We misunderstand immortality when we think of it as the immortality of the human personality, or personal sense. Death does not produce immortality or end personal sense, nor does the continuation of human existence mean the attainment of immortality. Immortality is attained in proportion as personal sense is overcome, whether here or hereafter. As we put off the personal ego and attain the consciousness of our real Self - the Reality of us, divine Consciousness - we attain immortality. And that can be achieved here and now. The desire to perpetuate our false sense of body and wealth ensnares us into death, or mortality. The first step in the attainment of immortality is living out from the center of our being, as in the idea of unfoldment from within, rather than accretion: It is the giving sense rather than getting; being rather than attaining. In this consciousness, there is no condemnation, judgment, hatred, or fear, but rather a continuous feeling of love and forgiveness. It is not a simple matter to show forth the joy and peace of immortality, because to those intent on preserving their present concepts of being, immortality would appear to be extinction. This is not the case: It is the eternal preservation of all that is real, fine, noble, harmonious, gracious, unselfish, and peaceful. It is reality brought to light in place of the illusion of sense. It is the conscious awareness of the infinity of individual being replacing the finite sense of existence. Selfishness and conceit fall away in the realization of the divinity of our being. This realization brings forth patience and forbearance with those still struggling in mortal, material consciousness. It is being ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Way_ Putting On Immortality.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:14- 96K
Find Similar Documents
The Government of Eden: Chapter 8, When We Spread Fear, Rumor, ...
- VIII when we spread fear, rumor, hysteria, and mass confusion O N EVERY HAND mankind is gripped by fear in the face of nerve-shattering world conditions, and those of us who have been able, even in a measure, to see the unreal nature of the evil rampant in the world have not only the responsibility of releasing people from their fears but, in releasing them from their fears, preventing the greater tragedy that their fears may bring upon them. People do not fear because they are cowards; they fear because they are gripped by universal hypnotism that makes them act in ways foreign to their nature. It is mass hysteria, having its foundation in ignorance. The evils that befall us are not in God or man but rather in the conditioning that we have received through the ignorance that has been foisted upon us from time immemorial. In other words, every time that we give power to a person, a thing, or a condition, our consciousness is showing forth its conditioning, and to that extent, we become victims of it. It might come as a surprise to see how easy it would be for some person, either for a specific purpose or an experiment, to show us how quickly we could be made to distrust one another, and then, in the end, fear one another. It has been done over and over and over again. It is a very simple thing to condition the minds of persons who are not alert so that they unthinkingly accept the opinions, thoughts, and beliefs of others and respond robot- like to individual suggestions or mass hysteria. If we listened to all the propaganda and the opinions of others, very soon we would be fighting not only with our families but with our neighbors and the whole world. The question is this: To whom do we give allegiance? To whom do we surrender our minds and our thoughts? It is very difficult for persons who have not been taught the value of meditation to turn within to the Presence for Its guidance, instruction, and wisdom. Instead, they rely on opinions gathered from newspapers, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...overnment of Eden_Chapter 8.pdf
Modified: 2021-01-25 13:32:06- 84K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Living: Chapter 5, The New Dispensation of Prayer
- ... The outer self and the inner Self are one, but the inner Self is greater than the outer self. When our conscious thinking is stilled, then our inner Self, the divine consciousness, the spirit of God, can speak, live, think, and act through us. We live; yet there is a Spirit within us that also lives. There is an indwelling Spirit that performs those things that are given us to do. It perfects that which concerns us, but It cannot come into our experience while we are thinking and talking or trying to persuade, influence, or bribe God. Opening Ourselves to God's Guidance and Government God will not respond when we tithe if our tithing has an ulterior motive. We cannot sacrifice, we cannot bribe, we cannot influence God in anyway. We can only be still! It makes no difference if we are in sin. Never for a moment does that stop the activity of God. On the contrary, that is more apt to bring it into expression. God has more pleasure in the lost sheep that is found than in the ninety-nine that were not lost. Part of the Master's mission was the forgiveness and healing of sin. Is it not usually some sin, disease, or lack that compels us to admit," My way has not been sufficient. This human way of life has not done me much good." It is very much like the person who said to me, "I do not believe in God. Just look at my life and see if you could believe in God." My response was, "You are proving definitely that you do not believe in God: you do not have a trace of God's influence in your life, do you?" "No." "So you do not believe in God. How, then, are you going to have God in your life? Do you expect God to knock you down and make you unconscious and then deliver His good to you when you cannot refuse it?" We are closing ourselves to God, more or less, all the time, and then complaining that God is not doing anything for us. This is not our fault. It is because we have been taught to believe that prayer is something we do and that it consists of words and thoughts, whereas ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... New Dispensation of Prayer.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:36- 119K
Find Similar Documents