The Master Speaks: Chapter 6, The Divine Consciousness
- ~ 6 ~ THE DIVINE CONSCIOUSNESS "Lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world." 1 "I am with you alway." That I is God. I, God, the divine Consciousness of my individual being, is ever with me. It could not be any other place and still be the consciousness of my own being; nor could I be separate or apart from consciousness, since without consciousness there would be no being; there would be no "I" or "me." I, divine Consciousness, will be with me, as long as I exist as an individual. As long as there is continuity to my own being, God, divine Consciousness, will be with me. In fact, I is all there is to me, manifesting Itself, Its glory, as my individual being. There is no It and "me." There is only It, manifesting Itself, expressing Itself as me. The Word, divine Consciousness, becomes flesh as individual me. This oneness is the secret of immortality, of eternal life; probably, it is the reason for the word "always": "Lo, I am with you always"; I will be with you "unto the end of the world"-the world which Jesus overcame. "I have overcome the world." 2 There is an end to the world: the world is not immortal; the world is not eternal; the world will not last forever. What is this world that comes to an end? It is really not a world at all. The things that are of God are eternal and immortal, this world that "I have overcome" is not a world, but a false sense of the world, a false image, a belief about the world. Jesus, not even as the Christ, ever overcame anything that actually existed. He could only overcome a false sense about reality, a false belief about it. Therefore, until all false beliefs are eradicated, until the world has been overcome within ourselves, this Christ will be present to overcome it. When the world has been overcome, then it will be discovered, not that there was a Christ present to overcome it, but that I am that Christ. Wherever we go, under all circumstances and conditions, remember that "I am with you always." I, your ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...6, The Divine Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:27- 122K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness In Transition: Chapter 17, Opening Consciousness to Truth
- ~ 17 ~ OPENING CONSCIOUSNESS TO TRUTH TONIGHT WE ARE GOING TO START with a short period of meditation, but it will be a different meditation than we have had before, in that instead of taking the word into consciousness and pondering it, this time we just will open consciousness and listen. We will just open consciousness for that inflow. We can visualize it this way. Using the illustration of Niagara Falls and Lake Erie, we will suppose here that I am Niagara Falls and in and of myself I am continuously using up myself so that ultimately there would be nothing left, especially in three or four years or ten or twenty. Instead of that, let us know that behind me, as Niagara Falls, there is Lake Erie. As a matter of fact, actually there is no Niagara Falls-Niagara Falls is only a name given to Lake Erie at one corner where it goes over the Falls. Now, so with us. We call ourselves man, but actually we aren't. We are God, but that which is visible of us here is God where God becomes visible, where God comes to a focus, you may say, in an individual yet infinite manner. In other words, it is like realizing that Niagara Falls and Lake Erie are not two but one, and all that Lake Erie is, of course, Niagara is; all that Lake Erie has, Niagara has. But Lake Erie is continuously pouring itself forth as Niagara. So with us. God is forever pouring itself forth as individual you and me. There is really no place where God ends and man begins. I and the Father are one, and that is the meaning of this. There is no place where you can separate us and say here is God and here is man, any more than you can say that up to there is Lake Erie and from here on is Niagara Falls. There is no such place in the whole watershed. Now, since it is true that all of the Godhead is pouring itself forth as individual you and me, the only reason for any lack in our experience, whether it is lack of health or lack of wealth or a lack of opportunity or a lack of any form, is the fact that we have come ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ning Consciousness to Truth.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:22- 141K
Find Similar Documents
God Formed Us For His Glory: Chapter 8, Illumined Prayer
- Chapter Eight Illumined Prayer God is at the center of our being, and in one way or another It can make Itself known to us. It may be interpreted as sound or as light. Many persons, however, do not hear sound or see light: they merely have a feeling of the presence. But in whatever way It translates Itself to a person, It is an evidence of Immanuel, God with us. Whether we hear, see, or feel something, that something is an effect, not God. It is the effect of the invisible presence called God. I, myself, am neither clairvoyant nor clairaudient. I have no psychic gifts whatever, and never have had, so I have not had some of the experiences others may have had. Only Those of Spiritual Vision Can Witness the Ascension Had we been present when Jesus walked the earth after his entombment, following the crucifixion, we might have been one of the five hundred who saw Jesus and spoke with him, or one of the multitudes who said that Jesus had been buried and his friends had taken the body away, leaving the tomb empty. Had we been one of those five hundred who saw him, we would have been one of those of spiritual vision who became a follower of the Master. Had we been one of the multitudes who did not witness him walking the earth, we would have been one of those earthbound persons who sees only what he believes or believes only what he sees; one of those who, if he cannot see it, hear it, taste it, touch it, or smell it, does not believe. The Hebrews of those days saw only the body that was entombed; those who saw Jesus walk the earth again became the Christians. If those of us on the three-dimensional level of life had been present with Enoch, Elijah, or Jesus, we would most likely not have been aware that they ascended or were translated because unless we had the spiritual vision of the fourth-dimensional consciousness, we would not have witnessed it. Instead we would have seen what we call a corpse or the mortal remains right where everyone else in the third-dimensional ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Chapter 8, Illumined Prayer.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:32- 125K
Find Similar Documents
Invisible Supply: Chapter 6, The Armor of Oneness
- CHAPTER 6 THE ARMOR OF ONENESS The foundation of all Truth teachings-whether it is Christian Science, Unity, New Thought, or The Infinite Way-is that we live and move and have our being in God. All of them agree on that point. Some orthodox traditions may teach that we will live in God at some future time, but Truth movements agree that now we are the children of God, now we are in the secret place of the Most High, now we live and move and have our being in God. But Truth teachings (whether organized or unorganized) cannot make us live as if we were living and moving and having our being in God; they can do something for us only in the proportion that we permit it. I would like to tell you about a minister and his wife, both of them very serious Truth students, whom I met in London. In World War II during the German blitz of London, those who could were building bomb shelters in their gardens. But these two people had dedicated their lives to the understanding that they lived in God and that their lives took place in the secret place of the Most High; therefore, how could any form of discord or inharmony come nigh their dwelling place? They decided to have nothing to do with bomb shelters, but to serve as fire wardens in their neighborhood during actual bombings. Their neighborhood, situated between the largest London airport and a major railway, was constantly bombarded. Not a single night went by that their section of the city was not bombed. The airport and railway were often severely damaged and each time had to be repaired so that the railroad and air force could resume operations. The bomb shelter of one of their neighbors received a direct hit, and the whole family was wiped out. Through out this entire time, the minister and his wife were never even scratched and not a window of their home was blown out! To human sense, this was indeed one of the miracles of the war. But to this couple, it was the most natural thing in the world because they lived in God ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter 6, The Armor of Oneness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:39- 101K
Find Similar Documents
Living Between Two Worlds: Chapter 10, "ChooseYou"
- ~ 10 ~ "CHOOSE YOU" ONLY THAT FUNCTIONS IN YOUR LIFE which functions as an activity of your consciousness. In your humanhood, before you come to know the truth, what is operating in your consciousness is a combination of things: beliefs, theories, inhibitions, ignorance, prenatal influences, and the superstitions of your parents, grandparents, and great-grandparents. They have been impressed upon your consciousness from the time of your birth and operate in your consciousness to make your life whatever it is. If you were born or have come into a very good and harmonious life or if your experience is discordant, unpleasant, or evil, you are the beneficiary or the victim of these influences. You, yourself, have not been master of your life; you, yourself, have had no control over your life. There is nothing you can do about the past except forget it. There is a great deal, however, that you can do about the present and the future. You have the power of determining the rightness and harmony of your life or of putting up with its discords and inharmonies; you have the right to make a choice whether you will let prenatal influences, early environmental and personal experiences dominate your life or whether you will now change and begin to know the truth, and let the truth make you free. "Choose you this day whom ye will serve," 1 God or mammon. This is not merely a quotation: this is a command, and it requires action. "Ye cannot serve God and mammon." 2 You are commanded to make a choice. What choice? Whether you will serve God or mammon. But how can you choose unless you know the difference between serving God and serving mammon? Will you serve "this world" or "My kingdom [which] is not of this world?" 3 Will you live in "this world" or "My kingdom?" It does not mean leaving one place for another place; it does not mean dying in order to go to heaven. The Master prayed "not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil. ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...s_ Chapter 10, _Choose You_.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:44- 114K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Living: Chapter 10, The Invisible
- Chapter Ten The Invisible Contemplative meditation can be a starting point for all meditation and can make it possible for a person to ease into a deeper form of meditation. That does not mean that there are not some persons already sufficiently adept in the art of meditation so that they no longer have to use the contemplative form as a first step. But these persons are few and far between. Unless you are among those in that category, it is wise to read the Bible or a spiritual or inspirational book for a few minutes until some particular idea or principle becomes uppermost in your mind. Then put the book aside and begin a contemplative meditation in which in all likelihood you will contemplate some truth that has struck you through what you have read. It might be a scriptural passage such as: "Where the spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty" 1 Now contemplate that for a moment: "Where the spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty." Where is the spirit of the Lord? Is It not where I am? If I mounted up to heaven, would I not find the spir- it of the Lord there? If I made my bed in hell, would I not find the spirit of the Lord there? If "I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,"2 there, too, I will find the spirit of the Lord, for the Lord is where I am, and the Lord, the presence of God, fills all space. It fills this space where I am. And even more important than that is the truth that "the kingdom of God is within"3 me, so the presence of God is within me. Yes, the presence of God, closer than breathing, is within me. The spirit of God is within me. Here where I am, the spirit of the Lord is, and "where the spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty." So right here where I am, there is liberty. I cannot be bound; I cannot be limited, I cannot be circumscribed, for where God is, I am. And where God is, there is liberty; there is freedom, peace, and fulfillment. In the presence of God is fulfillment, and that presence is where I am. Therefore, here where I am ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..._ Chapter 10, The Invisible.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:36- 118K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: December 1956, The Christ
- CHAPTER TWELVE: DECEMBER The Christ Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it. If ye love me, keep my commandments. And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also. John 14:10-19 IN order to reach the kingdom of heaven, we must transcend the realm of mind and thought to the heights where the realm of Spirit unfolds and discloses itself. Upon entering the kingdom, we receive, within ourselves, the Word of God; the light of the Christ; the Spirit of God in man. Although we strive and press onward toward the kingdom only that the Word be received-always the Word is made flesh and dwells among us. Every time It is heard, It becomes manifest in the outer realm. Every time the divine impulse is felt, it becomes visible and tangible without. This Word of God is the substance of all form, the substance of all demonstration, the bread of life, the water of life eternal, the wine of inspiration; and therefore, when faced with any appearance of discord, inwardly we can say: "I and my Father are one. . . . All that the Father hath is mine. . . . I have meat ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..._ December 1956, The Christ.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:58- 127K
Find Similar Documents
The Infinite Way: Soul
- SOUL THE SOUL is a part of man which is little known and only seldom realized. Often those in the depths of some deep sorrow break through the mist of material sense to the recesses of their inmost being, where they discover the Soul, or Reality, of being. They become Soul-conscious, and find new values, new resources, new and different strength, and an existence of an entirely different nature. The exercise of the Soul-faculties results in breaking the illusions of sense. All human discords are products of material sense and are experienced through the five physical senses - that is, all mortal inharmonies are seen, heard, felt, tasted, or smelled. Existing only in this material state of consciousness, discords and disease have their being merely as false sense, or illusion, though naturally seeming very real to the senses. There are many means of securing temporary relief from erroneous conditions of health, wealth, and other inharmonies of daily existence. Complete and final destruction of error comes only through the achievement and exercise of the faculties of the Soul. The Soul is that part of man which lies buried deepest within him and is therefore seldom realized. We use our mathematical faculties and our musical faculties because these lie nearest the surface of our being, and much more than these, even, our ordinary business faculties and our sense of direction, or even our artistic sense, but artists and authors and skilled musicians go deeper within their being and bring forth the great harmonies of fine music, good literature, paintings, sculpture, and architecture. Hidden even deeper than these, yet within the reach of our own consciousness, lies the Soul and Its faculties. These Soul-powers, when touched by us, come forth from within us and reach every avenue of our daily life, giving inspiration, beauty, peace, joy, and harmony to each moment of our existence and clothing every event in our experience with love, understanding, and success. Those too ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...iles/The Infinite Way_ Soul.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:14- 75K
Find Similar Documents
The Journey Back to the Father's House: Chapter 11, Unconditioning the Mind
- Chapter Eleven Unconditioning the Mind From the moment of its birth, a child's mind is being conditioned by some of its parents' beliefs. Much of what parents teach their children is fictitious and false, because the parents are merely passing on to the children the fiction they themselves have accepted as fact. It is much the same as the way many of us were taught about Santa Claus and accepted it, and our minds were, therefore, conditioned to the belief in Santa Claus. So, too, many of us have had concepts of God handed on to us which were almost as erroneous as the pagan concepts that were taught five thousand years ago. But we believed them, and our minds became conditioned to such concepts. We have picked up political, religious, and economic convictions. From the moment of conception on, we have been conditioned to accept beliefs and theories that have absolutely no truth in them, with the result that most persons go through life limited by many of these convictions. Unconditioning the Mind, Not a Psychological but a Spiritual Activity When we live out from a conditioned mind and insist on holding to its concepts, we have no way at all of providing an entrance for the spiritual presence, or the Christ. Only as we begin the unconditioning process can we eventually arrive at that "mind. . . which was also in Christ Jesus." 1 We have to watch out that we do not approach this unconditioning process from a psychological standpoint, for then we would try to search out all the untruths we know, get rid of them, and substitute for them something that we consider to be truth. That way we could be conditioning ourselves with more fiction, because intellectually there is absolutely no way of knowing what is truth. When we approach this subject from a spiritual standpoint, we do not try to discover which of our beliefs or thoughts are truth and which are not, but rather we accept the principle that spiritual truth is within ourselves and, as we learn to go within, this ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...11, Unconditioning the Mind.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:25- 128K
Find Similar Documents
The Journey Back to the Father's House: Chapter 2, Letting the Seed Take Root
- Chapter Two Letting the Seed Take Root Truth is not difficult to understand. As a matter of fact, it is very simple. That is why the Master said that children can receive it. "Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein." 1 Be as a little child, and you will be able to receive truth, but as an adult, or a mature person, you will find truth very difficult to receive. Truth Is a Seed You may hear or read a statement or a principle of truth and even recognize that this is the truth, and yet nothing happens to you. Reading statements of truth does not change anything, and you may think, "Why did I have to read that?" "Why did it seem true to me?" or "Why did it not do something for me?" That is because truth is a seed. Every truth heard or read that makes you feel it is truth, is a seed that is being taken into your consciousness. You can no more expect it to do something for you tomorrow than if you planted an apple seed today and expected to find apples growing in your yard tomorrow. If you plant the seed of a tree, it may be months before you will see even the tiniest bit of green showing above the ground, and you could well wonder what was taking place all that time, but you know what was taking place. The seed broke open; the seed took root; the seed began to absorb food from the ground; and then suddenly that food was transformed into a shoot and appeared above the ground. If you are patient, it will become a bush, then a tree, and if you are still more patient, it will become blossoms, and then probably apples or peaches or pears. So when truth touches your consciousness, do not think that you are now in heaven or that now that you have received this truth all the rest of your days are going to be spent in heaven on earth. No, you have merely had a seed of truth planted in your consciousness, and if you abide in that truth, if you let that seed abide in you, if you ponder it, it will come ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Letting the Seed Take Root.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:22- 119K
Find Similar Documents