The Infinite Way: Our Real Existence
- OUR REAL EXISTENCE OUR REAL existence is as Spirit, and only in the degree that we perceive our real existence as Spirit, do we drop the false sense of life as material. Then we see that the structural life of man, animal, and plant is but the false sense of existence; that our concern for the so-called necessities of material living has been unnecessary; that although the beauties we behold all hint at God's creation, they are not that spiritual and perfect creation; that the sick, aging, dying appearances are not at all a part of real life. When we arrive at this state of consciousness, we begin to catch glimpses of eternal spiritual existence, untouched by material conditions or mortal thoughts. As we turn from the world we see, hear, taste, touch, and smell, we catch inspired visions which show forth the earth of God's creating. In healing work, we must turn from the structural universe which we see. We must remember that we are not called upon to heal it, change it, alter it, correct it, or save it. We are first of all to realize that it exists only as illusion, as the false sense of life. From this vantage point in consciousness, we behold through spiritual sense the "house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens." We are apt to think of certain people as good providers, good earners, good salesmen, or good healers. Let us understand this correctly. It is never a person, but a state of consciousness, which heals, regenerates, paints, writes, or composes. The state of consciousness becomes visible to us as a person because of the finite concept we entertain of God and man. We often suffer disappointment when some people fail to live up to the picture we have formed of them. This is because we have ascribed the good qualities of consciousness to a person, and then when he fails to live up to those qualities we have erroneously believed to be the person, we suffer. In the Bible, we meet with the characters Moses, Isaiah, Jesus, and Paul. We should realize ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ite Way_ Our Real Existence.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:13- 107K
Find Similar Documents
The World Is New: Chapter 7, Make Life an Adventure
- ~ 7 ~ MAKE LIFE AN ADVENTURE IF THERE IS NO CHANGE in our consciousness today, there will be no change in our outer experience tomorrow. In proportion as some change takes place in our consciousness, in that proportion is there an improvement in our outer affairs- either in health, personal relationships, or supply. If we maintain truth actively in consciousness, it would be as impossible for us to be in the same place today that we were a week ago as it would be to toss raisins into bread dough and not have raisin bread. That which goes into consciousness must come forth as manifestation. That which becomes a part of consciousness as truth must appear as manifestation. There is no such thing as truth and manifestation: Truth itself appears as manifestation. Spirit is not something separate and apart from the forms it assumes. Spirit is the substance, and the form is Its manifestation. Therefore, if truth appears in, or as, our consciousness, if truth appears in, or as, the Spirit of our being, it must also appear as manifested form. All improved states of consciousness must appear as improved experience, but unless we consciously make the decision to act and live in a higher way and on a higher level, we are not going to have the manifestation on a higher level. Just as we have learned not to believe in an evil law or an evil power, so we cannot sit back passively and believe that there is a God or a law that is going to do something good in us, through us, for us, or to us. There is no such thing as a law that acts upon us except as we give it power through our belief in it. We can accept any belief and thereby make it a law unto ourselves. There is no power in the stars to act upon us, but it is possible for us to make a god of anything. We can pick up a piece of metal or a penny and call it a good-luck charm, and in the measure of our faith derive some benefit from it, but that is not the law of God, and it is not permanent. There is no law of evil or of good ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...r 7, Make Life an Adventure.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:44- 103K
Find Similar Documents
A Parenthesis in Eternity: Chapter XVI, The Secret of the Word Made Flesh
- CHAPTER XVI THE SECRET OF THE WORD MADE FLESH In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not. There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe. He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. He came unto his own, and his own received him not. But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. JOHN 1:1-14 The Word becomes flesh, that is, the Word becomes the son of God in the consciousness of men. The consciousness of most men is dark so that it cannot receive or believe in the son of God. But to those who can receive, to those who have some measure of spiritual intuition, to them the son of God can come and be received, and because the son of God can be received even by one person in all the world, that makes it possible for all men, for us, too, to become sons of God. All the mystics of the world have revealed that there is but one Selfhood, one Ego, one infinite Being. God created individual being, individual you and me, in the image and likeness of Himself, not through the act of human conception and birth, but He sent man forth into expression as the showing forth of all that He is and has-and this without ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...cret of the Word Made Flesh.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:01- 133K
Find Similar Documents
Collected Essays of Joel Goldsmith: I Am the Vine
- GOD IS LOVE. What, then, could you or I do to change the nature of God? Could your own child do anything that would change YOUR love for him? No, of course not, and if, from the human standpoint, we are able to give love to our children often when they do not deserve it, HOW MUCH MORE LOVE is pouring forth from our Heavenly Father! Can you accept the fact that GOD IS LOVE, not God is Love if you behave in a certain way, or not just when you are worthy and deserving? Can you accept the fact that GOD IS LOVE, and that God's rain falls on the just and the unjust alike? Did the Master, Christ Jesus, withhold good or healing because somebody was a sinner? Did He at any time ask the multitudes if they were good or if they squandered their money or saved it? In raising the dead did He ask if that person had been moral or immoral, honest or dishonest? Or did He, in beholding what the world calls death, destroy all belief in it by raising the individual to life? We all know the answer to that. At no time in His ministry did Jesus withhold healing, supply, forgiveness, restoration or reformation because of anyone's unworthiness or temporary sense of evil. The principle is this: since GOD IS LOVE, our good must be infinite without any ifs, ands, or buts, because God's Grace is not dependent upon something that you or I do or do not do. The Grace of God cannot be withheld. We can turn on or off the electricity and we can turn on or off the water, but we cannot start or stop the flow of God. GOD IS, AND GOD IS LOVE in Its completeness and fullness. Let us now consider GOD IS LIFE. This does not mean that God is life at the age of six years or at sixteen. GOD IS LIFE. Then why is this not so at sixty, ninety, and a hundred and twenty? The reason is that the words I, me, and you enter the picture, and we say MY life or YOUR life, and immediately we think of the date on a birth certificate. If God is Life, of what consequence is the date on a birth certificate? God is the ONLY life ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...el Goldsmith_ I Am the Vine.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:13- 127K
Find Similar Documents
Collected Essays of Joel Goldsmith: Ye Are the Light
- This Being is all-inclusive life, love, substance, law and reality. You do not any more get at-one with Truth, or seek some truth with which to meet a need, but you realize with infinite joy, "I am the truth." "Ye are the light of the world." As you rest in this consciousness, you will no longer find it necessary to overcome evil-destroy error-wrestle or rise above error. As the light, there is no "above" or "below"-you fill all space. As the light, darkness vanishes as you approach it and you have no consciousness of the darkness that has been dispelled, not any more than intelligence can be aware of the ignorance it displaces. As there is but one Mind, remember that your thoughts, feelings, emotions are constantly being broadcast to the world. The world does not read your mind so as to be consciously aware of specific thoughts; nevertheless, it is attracted or repelled (without being consciously aware of it) by the general tenor of your thinking. Therefore, let your consciousness be filled with forgiveness, joy. Behold the universe as it is, sharing, cooperating, understanding. Constantly be the eternal Giver in action-not merely giving what is deserved, or earned, or won, but giving because the need appears; giving regardless of the so-called worthiness of the individual. Keep your consciousness free of judgment, criticism, condemnation, doubt, fear, discouragement. Think and voice error as little as you can. Consciously control your thought in the direction of I AM: "I" am the light; "I" am supply; "I" am intelligence; "I" am free. This I AM is the universal Being, your Christ-Self; your true identity, the only one you have. We speak of "your" life, "my" life, or "his" or "her" life, whereas it is necessary for us to remember that there is in all the world only ONE Life. This Life is deathless, ageless, diseaseless and changeless; it is the individual expression of that ONE divine Life. In other words, divine Life is our life. It contains no element of matter, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Goldsmith_ Ye Are the Light.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:16- 113K
Find Similar Documents
Conscious Union with God: Chapter 13, Mysticism
- ... I personally believe that. I believe that since life is eternal, we have always lived, and inasmuch as we have always lived, we must have lived in, or out of, some particular state of consciousness, and therefore some people are very, very much further developed than others. For example, suppose you, who have reached at least a high enough state of consciousness to be reading and studying truth, were at this moment to pass on. You would not find yourself having to experience all the things you had to go through before you came to this spiritual awareness. You would very likely begin on the next plane where you are at this minute as a spiritually developed Soul-in some cases even much further ahead because often the act of transition is a freeing one. Our particular concern at this moment, however, is not to speculate as to why one person gets healed quickly and another one does not. Our particular problem is the development of some measure of Christ-consciousness-that divine universal Love, that sense of forgiveness and gratitude-the development of our consciousness to that point where we neither fear, hate, nor love error. Do not forget that the command of the Master was, "Love thy neighbor." 9 It was not only a command to love God, but to love your neighbor, to love your neighbor as yourself. Sometimes some of us become so absolute about our love for God that we forget our neighbor. But we cannot do that in this work. We want the full measure of the Christ; and therefore, we must not only love God with all our heart and with all our soul, but we must love our neighbor also; and that love must be shown forth in compassion, patience, justice, kindness, forbearance, and joy-a willingness to share all of the good that God has given us. Above all, we must give up our egotistic belief that we have personal powers as practitioners. Our healings will be in proportion as we realize that all power is given to us through God, through the Christ which strengthens us. And that ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... God_ Chapter 13, Mysticism.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:18- 160K
Find Similar Documents
God The Substance of All Form: Chapter 3, Individual Consciousness as Law
- ~ 3 ~ INDIVIDUAL CONSCIOUSNESS AS LAW Thus saith the Lord, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches: But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the Lord which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth. Jeremiah 9:23, 24 This statement from Jeremiah can be carried out in practical experience. We are not to glory in the world of effect, whether that effect appears as person, place, circumstance, condition, or thing, because the substance, the reality, does not lie in any effect. The power and the glory, the substance and the reality, the cause and the law lie in the spirit which produces all that appears to us as form, circumstance, or condition. We can enjoy and use the things of this world, but our faith and confidence must not be centered in the world or in the things of the world. Our faith and confidence must be in the spirit which produces, forms, and animates all that exists. No Power Acts upon Us The Infinite Way teaches that man is consciousness and that that very consciousness is the cause of body, business, and home. Many people believe that a discordant body, business, or home is due to a power outside of themselves, acting upon them. As long as we accept the belief that there is a power outside of us, just that long will we be seeking to get in touch with a good power to do something for us. If the belief is accepted that a law of time is acting upon our bodies and mentalities, our experience will be on that level. There is no power operating in our experience separate from our own consciousness, but as long as we believe that there is such a power and as long as we are trying to get in touch with it, we shall never contact it. The world has been praying to God for things. It is no more sensible to pray to God for things than it is to pray to the principle of electricity to light your house. ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...vidual Consciousness as Law.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:34- 113K
Find Similar Documents
I Stand on Holy Ground: Chapter 9, Cast Thy Bread on the Waters
- ... Everyone Has Something To Give There never has been an excuse for continued poverty, for lack or limitation. Look out at this world and see how much wealth there is on every hand. Many persons do not think so, but there is only one reason they are not expressing abundance. They are not giving enough, or they would be partaking of that wealth because nothing can be withheld from those who give. Lack or limitation is the experience of those who for one reason or another withhold or who accept the belief that they have nothing to give. There is no one who has nothing to give. Everybody can give forgiveness; everybody can give companionship; everybody can give some unselfed service. I do not mean service to your family. There is nothing unselfed or giving about that. That is personal and selfish, for your own good. I am talking about impersonal giving, impersonal service. With the exception of those who have been hospitalized with a long costly illness, there is no one in the world who ... You came into this world with nothing, and whatever comes to you comes from God, and whatever you have to give, share, and pour out is from God's storehouse, not from yours! Once you begin to perceive this, you will never be satisfied to tithe merely ten percent. It will increase to fifteen percent, twenty, and twenty-five percent, until the day comes, as it has already come in the experience of some persons, that you may be tithing eighty percent. God's law is giving; God's law is outpouring; God's law is expressing. You are violating God's law when you fail to do that. I am not referring only to money. Money is but one of the facets. Pour out forgiveness; pour out understanding, cooperation and, above all, be sure that you are not seeking to get something. You have to learn to do whatever you are doing without ever entertaining the thought of a return. In marriage a husband usually contributes one thing and a wife some other thing. It is a mutual giving. Everyone has a different idea ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ast Thy Bread on the Waters.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:37- 122K
Find Similar Documents
Living Between Two Worlds: Chapter 8, The Way To Fulfillment: Right Identification
- ~ 8 ~ THE WAY TO FULFILLMENT: RIGHT IDENTIFICATION ON THE SPIRITUAL PATH, the revelation and realization of right identity is of the greatest significance because it is through a realization of this principle that the entire world will eventually enter a new era of living. Very few during their human span ever come to know their true identity or the identity of their friends and relatives. They are always living in a world of illusion like characters on a stage. Long ago Shakespeare wrote, "All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players." Our humanhood is a masquerade, and we are hiding behind our mask. Not only are we hiding from ourselves, but when we look at others, the mask they are wearing called personality is what we are seeing. We are judging them by what we see instead of realizing that behind the mask of personality and stage costumes is the real Self, or real identity, of the individual. As we persist in judging one another by what we appear to be, we are all taking part in a great masquerade, looking on one as Romeo and another as Juliet, one as Hamlet and one as Satan, never noticing that behind the masquerade, there is an immortal being who was never born and will never die and who is an individual manifestation of the Divine. As long as life is lived through the mind and the body, it will be impossible to live the life of our real identity and share the joyous experience of communion with one another that comes once we have gone beyond the body and the mind of a person and reached the realm of his Soul. Man is made up of three parts: Soul, mind, and body. The mind as a factor in healing has always been recognized by metaphysicians who have discovered that if they can bring the mind into some measure of wholeness, completeness, and peace, the health of the body automatically follows. But a higher factor, the Soul, must be taken into consideration because it is in the Soul that harmony is revealed and then established in the mind and ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...lment_ Right Identification.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:44- 92K
Find Similar Documents
Living The Infinite Way: Chapter Six, I Am the Vine
- What, then, could you or I do to change the nature of God? Could our own child do anything that would change our love for him? No, of course not, and if, from the human standpoint, we are able to give love to our children often when they do not deserve it, how much more love is pouring forth from our heavenly Father! Can we accept the fact that God is love, not God is love if we behave in a certain way, or not just when we are worthy and deserving? Can we accept the fact that God is love, and that God's rain falls on the just and the unjust alike? Did the Master, Christ Jesus, withhold good or healing because somebody was a sinner? Did he at any time ask the multitudes if they were good or if they squandered their money or saved it? In raising the dead did he ask if that person had been moral or immoral, honest or dishonest? Or did he, in beholding what the world calls death, destroy all belief in it by raising the individual to life? We all know the answer to that. At no time in his ministry did Jesus withhold healing, supply, forgiveness, restoration, or reformation because of anyone's unworthiness or temporary sense of evil. The principle is this: Since God is love, our good must be infinite without any ifs, ands, or buts, because God's grace is not dependent upon something that you or I do or do not do. The grace of God cannot be withheld. We can turn the electricity on or off and we can turn the water on or off, but we cannot start or stop the flow of God. God is, and God is love in Its completeness and fullness. Let us now consider the principle: God is life. This does not mean that God is life at the age of six years or at sixteen. God is life. Then why is this not so at sixty, ninety, or a hundred and twenty? The reason is that the words "I," "me," and "you" enter the picture, and we say my life or your life, and immediately we think of the date on a birth certificate. If God is life, of what consequence is the date on a birth certificate? God is the only ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Chapter Six, I Am the Vine.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:56- 114K
Find Similar Documents