Realization of Oneness: Chapter 9, The Revelation of Spiritual Identity
- 9) The Revelation of Spiritual Identity The only reason the subject of spiritual healing is emphasized in our work is that the practice of this kind of healing deepens and enriches consciousness, and through this practice, the everyday problems of life touch us in a decidedly minor degree. But healing work is not the end or the object of our being on the spiritual path. Rather is it incidental to the major goal of attaining God-realization. Anyone who has had any experience in metaphysics must have observed that the life ambition of far too many students is to become either healthy or prosperous, but, at some time or other, these students must learn that lack is not as great a problem as it has been painted, nor is illness. In fact, both disease and lack may serve as incentives to drive us out of the physical and mental limitations with which we have bound ourselves. These limitations are brought about not because the mind and the body are evil or sick, but only because both mind and body have been conditioned by the belief in two powers. A mistake often made by students in their practice of spiritual healing, and one which has been pointed out in previous chapters, is to treat effects-headaches, storms, cancers, polio-denying them or in some way trying to handle them. Never make that mistake. Never under any circumstance treat heart disease, tuberculosis, or any disease of which you have ever heard, or any accident. These are only effects. If you could remove every one of them, the cause would still be there, and the cause is a belief in two powers, a belief in the carnal mind. If, at this moment, you could be made whole, nothing would stop you from becoming sick or poor again tomorrow, unless you, yourself, had come to the realization that the healing that had taken place was not one of lack or limitation, of fear, of sin or false appetites, of polio, cancer, blindness, or deafness: the healing was in being freed from the belief in two powers-good and evil. Once ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ation of Spiritual Identity.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:05- 154K
Find Similar Documents
The Government of Eden: Chapter 4, When We Are Tempted By Good And Evil
- IV when we are tempted by good and evil I HAVE KNOWN FROM the beginning that we were deal- ing with a spiritual universe and that the evil in it wasn't real, but I never knew why, nor did I know how we came into this state of being out of Eden until the revelation came. The revelation came in those passages where God said, "Who told you that you were naked?" 1 And then I knew that something was wrong. Then, when it said, "the knowledge of good and evil," 2 and Adam and Eve were thrown out of Eden-that gave me the whole secret. Eden represents our spiritual domain. Eden represents the state of harmony or heaven. Eden represents our immortality, our state of divine being. What threw us out of that into what the Master called "this world"? 3 There it is, as plain as anyone can read: the knowledge of good and evil-that's what did it. For weeks I didn't get over the shaking that I got from the intensity of that revelation-that the cause of all the trouble on the face of the earth is the belief in good and evil; nobody can stay in the Garden of Eden, of harmony, of perfection, while they are accepting in their mind the belief of good and evil. But everybody can go back into Eden and be pure, and have lives by grace, not by the sweat of the brow; by grace, by the gift of God, by giving up the belief of good and evil; by being willing to concede that there's no good man on earth and no bad one; no good woman on earth, no bad one; no good child on earth, no bad one. There is neither good nor bad. Thinking would make it so. Yes, you can decide that this is good, and the other one can decide that is good. You can decide this is evil, and the other one can decide that is evil. But you withdraw your estimate, your opinion, your concept, and declare that "in all of heaven and earth, nothing is good or evil-only God Itself, the Invisible, is the all-good; nothing visible, nothing that you can see, hear, taste, touch, or smell is good, nor is it evil, nor has it any qualities like ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...overnment of Eden_Chapter 4.pdf
Modified: 2021-01-25 13:32:06- 139K
Find Similar Documents
The Journey Back to the Father's House: Chapter 10, God Dominion: Not Man's Domination
- ... God proves to be a God of love by the ministry It sent forth through Christ Jesus. "I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me." 9 The will of the Father that Jesus sets forth is: "Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give" 10 -not murder people, not call them home with disease and accidents, not inflict punishment such as being stoned to death, or the age-old law of an-eye-for-an- eye-and-a-tooth-for-a-tooth. The God, Jesus taught is love, but this God evidences that love through healing, through forgiving, even unto seventy times seven, those who are instruments for evil in any and every form. To every one of them the message is: Come unto Me; drop your burdens at My feet; let Me take upon Myself your burdens. Drop these burdens at My feet, for I am love, I am forgiveness, I am the bread, and the meat, and the wine, and the water. I am the resurrection. Our Sowing Determines ... I could forgive the woman taken in adultery; I could forgive the thief on the cross; I could forgive the boy born blind; I could forgive his adulterous parents; so I can forgive you. I in the midst of you can forgive you, because I am here in the midst of you that you might have life, and that you might have it more abundantly. Only obey My commandments: forgive those who persecute you; forgive those who wrong you; forgive them seventy times seven, even as I forgive you. Does not the Lord's prayer show us how to pray? "Forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors." 16 We live the law of forgiveness as we want the law of forgiveness to operate for us. We live the law of love as we want the law of love to operate for us. Above all, let us recognize that I, God, is in the midst of us, and I am here that we might have life, and that we might have it more abundantly. I am here to feed you when you are hungry; I am here to heal you if you are sick, and to forgive you if you are in sin. I am here to lead ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...inion_ Not Man's Domination.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:24- 126K
Find Similar Documents
The Mystical I: Chapter Twelve, Do Not "Pass by on the Other Side"
- CHAPTER TWELVE DO NOT "PASS BY ON THE OTHER SIDE" The unveiling of God takes place within you when you realize that it is the I in the midst of you that is God, in whom you can relax without words and without thoughts, relax and receive the Word, rest and receive His spirit, rest in His grace with no concern for tomorrow and no regrets about yesterday, no living over of the yesterdays in your memory, for these have been erased. When God is unveiled in you, you begin to live in the nowness of life. It is as if you awakened each morning and realized that God has given you a new day. It is a day that will be filled with something. It is a day that you can choose to fill with His presence, with His spirit, with His love; or it is a day that you can fill with human belief-material laws and mental laws-if you ignore the presence of the spirit of God in you. Scripture cannot be fulfilled yesterday, and scripture will not be fulfilled tomorrow. Scripture is fulfilled in this day, if so be you accept the unveiling and let the spirit of God teach you, let the spirit of God feed and inspire you, let the spirit of God walk with you through every minute of every day, and never attempt to walk through even a minute alone. The unveiling comes in that moment of your decision to awaken in the morning with God, to fall asleep at night with God, and to determine that every minute of every day you will walk with God and let God walk in you and through you. That is the goal, and the means of attaining this goal is the attentive ear, the listening ear. You are walking with God and living with and in God only as you learn to keep an open ear throughout your waking and sleeping hours. For a while it may be necessary to open your ears the very last thing at night and say, "Speak, Lord; for thy servant heareth,"1 and then sleep. When you fall asleep this way, your body and mind are at rest, but you yourself are awake. You will then be receiving thoughts throughout the night just as ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..._Pass by on the Other Side_.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:33- 119K
Find Similar Documents
I Stand on Holy Ground: Chapter 5, Nothing Takes Place Outside of Consciousness
- Chapter Five Nothing Takes Place Outside of Consciousness One of the most important principles of the Infinite Way is that God constitutes individual being. This means that God constitutes your being and mine. God manifests as our life, mind, spirit, and soul. Even our body is the temple of God. This is the spiritual truth about every one of us. God has given us dominion over "the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth."1 God created us in His own image, giving us His life, soul, spirit, and intelligence and, in so doing, He gave us dominion over ignorance, superstition, and darkness. This dominion is our spiritual birthright and makes us a law unto our life's demonstration. All Error, a Mental Imposition We are human beings because we have forfeited our birthright of dominion and turned it over to what the Master called "this world." 2 At the very instant that the newspapers, radio, or television announces an impending epidemic, human beings open themselves to becoming victims of the epidemic. They permit it to become a part of their experience by means of mentally imposed suggestions from outside. It is not that anyone has maliciously started the rumor just to make them ill: it is in universal human consciousness, and it is thrust at all of us. Without knowing the underlying truth of being, we may passively accept it with a "Well, what can I do about it? I'm just a statistic. So if forty out of a hundred get it, I may be one of the forty." If we escape it, we consider ourselves lucky. Actually, we are responsible for being victimized by the mass hypnosis only because we do not know how to avoid it. We do not know what caused it or how to prevent it. The Presidential election of 1916 illustrates the effect of any kind of mass hysteria. The incumbent president was re-elected because he had kept the nation out of war, clear-cut evidence that the public did ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ce Outside of Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:36- 124K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Living: Chapter 7, Consciously Knowing the Truth
- Chapter Seven Consciously Knowing the Truth The principle of one power is perhaps the oldest spiritual principle ever revealed. One of the first spiritual revelators of the principle of one power, if not the first, was Gautama the Buddha, who revealed that this world and the powers of this world-sin, disease, death, and poverty-are illusion, and that the only reality is spirit, the invisible, which alone is power. On that basis, one of the first healing movements developed, a movement which spread throughout all India and eventually reached much of the rest of Asia. In its first few hundred years it is reported that marvelous healing work on a broad scale took place. The reason for this phenomenal success was that Gautama taught his followers that all evil is illusion, and they therefore should not fight evil, try to overcome it, or get rid of it. The followers of Gautama, including some of his immediate disciples, however, did not have sufficient spiritual vision to understand the meaning of one power, so they set up maya, which means illusion, as a separate power and tried to have the first great power do something to the illusion. In so doing, the basic principle of Gautama's teaching was lost, and they failed. Whenever another power is set up, about which God is expected to do something, there is duality and there is no longer the possibility of healing. Christ Jesus also established his healing mission on the principle of one power. To the man sick with the palsy, he said, "Arise, take up thy bed, and go unto thine house," 1 which certainly indicates quite clearly that Jesus gave no power to that condition. In one case Jesus applied spittle to a blind man's eyes 2 and healed him. Surely he was not implying that spittle was the healing agency for blindness, but rather that spittle, a substance which in and of itself is nothing, was enough to heal blindness. Why? Because blindness has no power to maintain itself, except in the minds of those who are under the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...nsciously Knowing the Truth.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:36- 123K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: September 14, 1963, There Is Only One God Consciousness
- ... It is given to all those students who have been with The Infinite Way writings and recordings for enough years that the letter of truth is established within them and they can enter the period of opening their consciousness to the experience. For years you have read that The Infinite Way is not a message, it is an experience, but today you must realize that the time to demonstrate the experience is here for you. This is not so for beginning students; they may have to go through a period of preparation. However, it will not be as long as your period of preparation for this reason: The degree of your attainment lessens the period of their preparing. Each one of you could take that word I and ask yourself: "Is there anything to me except conscious awareness?" In the physical realm you are conscious of your body and you are conscious of the body of others. You are conscious of the body of ocean and the body of stars, and you are aware of the body of edifices. Then you go up higher into the mental realm and find that you are aware of brotherly love, justice, mercy, benevolence, forgiveness, and you are aware of the ideas and ideals. Why not take the next step and realize: "I can be aware of the things of God because there is an area of my consciousness which is the child of God, otherwise I could not unfold it or disclose it." Do not be impatient. The Way is straight and narrow but, knowing there is a part of you that is the child of God, you can afford to be patient. There is an area of divinity incorporated in your consciousness; there is an area of your consciousness which is heaven; there is an area of your consciousness in which an angel dwells. It must be loosed, it must be released, it must ascend. Pay no attention to the mistakes of your humanhood because this will keep you out of the kingdom of heaven. Remember that you are trying to reach your divinity, that which never had humanhood. The Master revealed: "The kingdom of God is within you." 4 The realm of God, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Only One God Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:20- 112K
Find Similar Documents
The Foundation of Mysticism: Chapter 16, Know the Truth
- ~ 16 ~ KNOW THE TRUTH I'm going to digress for a moment to answer a very important question that came up during our break. In my former metaphysical training, we were told not to specifically treat anyone unless he asked for it, because it hurried him along too fast spiritually, like pulling a child by the arm. There were other reasons, too. But this would be absolutely true if you were working in the mental realm. In other words, you have no more right to enter a person's mental household uninvited than you have to enter his home. Each person should be permitted the integrity of his own mind, his own body, his own home, his own supply, without anyone intruding uninvited. If a person were ill-and for all you know he might be depending upon materia medica-you would have absolutely no right to try to heal him by your means, any more than if you were ill and relying on spiritual means, would you want somebody to stuff medicine into your mouth or take advantage of your being unconscious to otherwise medicate you. You wouldn't want that because you have determined your way of life, even to the extent that you would rather pass from this scene under your own principles of health rather than to remain here under medication or by surgery. I've known many cases like that. To give a person treatment through mental practice means you are entering the household of his mind and interfering with his mental processes, probably even disturbing him. You have no right to do that. If you are working from the mental standpoint of giving treatment to people, don't do it unless you are asked to. It is not your right. And as long as you are following the teaching of the Infinite Way, you will never give anyone a treatment, not only uninvited, but not even if you are invited to, because we do not give treatment to anyone. Never, under any circumstance, do we give treatment to anyone, even if they should ask for it. Why? That is not the procedure of the Infinite Way healing principles. The ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Chapter 16, Know the Truth.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:52- 150K
Find Similar Documents
Invisible Supply: Chapter 8, Three Principles of Healing
- CHAPTER 8 THREE PRINCIPLES OF HEALING There are three specific principles of The Infinite Way that we are to apply in meeting the problems of our everyday living. They also constitute the healing principles of The Infinite Way. Probably the most important principle in the message of The Infinite Way is that we never use God for any purpose. We never use God nor do we use Truth to overcome sin, disease, or death. On the contrary, in The Infinite Way we seek to become the instruments of Truth. We open ourselves so that we may be used by God, by Truth. In other words, we seek to become the instruments through which God may manifest Itself as our individual being and live Its life as us to guide, direct, govern, sustain, maintain, support, and supply. God Uses Us to Heal When we in our silence and stillness become in body and mind the instrument of God-the Infinite Love, the Infinite Wisdom, the Infinite Life-It can manifest Itself as us and perform Its functions through us. God or Truth can use us and can manifest Itself through us as healings if we have chosen the healing profession, as inventions if we are inventors, as music if we are composers, and so forth. Since God is Omniscience (Infinite Wisdom), all emanations are of God, whether they appear as engineering designs, scientific discoveries, literary works, or art works. Whatever form they take, they must be emanations of God since He is Infinite Wisdom and we are merely the instruments through which the Infinite Wisdom is manifested. Therefore our approach to life is not learning how to use Truth or God, but how to be so receptive and responsive to the Divine Impulse that Truth can use us. Life can flow through us as our life, and Wisdom can flow through us as our wisdom. But it is not ours; it is God's. God Is the Only Power Afflictions, discords, diseases, and inharmonies exist in the human experience because of our ignorance of the basic Truth that God alone is Power. It is a universal ignorance, which takes ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Three Principles of Healing.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:39- 102K
Find Similar Documents
The Government of Eden: Chapter 9, When We Personalize Good And Evil
- IX when we personalize good and evil S PIRITUAL CONSCIOUSNESS IS your consciousness when you have no evil to combat, when your evil has been impersonalized and nothingized. That is Christ-con- sciousness. It is not some other consciousness that is going to come to you. It is your present consciousness when your consciousness is divested of personalizing good and evil or empowering evil. Your consciousness, this very conscious- ness which is you, is Christ-consciousness in proportion as you are impersonalizing and nothingizing. Therefore, there is no new consciousness to gain; there is no other consciousness to go out after. It is a purification of the consciousness which we now have, and which in its purified state is Christ-consciousness. In other words, Moses, after his illumination, was still Moses, but with purified consciousness. Jesus was still Jesus but with purified or Christ-consciousness. That is why he was called Jesus, "the Christ," Jesus, "the Enlightened." He was still Jesus, the same Jesus, but now, "the Enlightened." And enlightenment means only one thing: the recognition of these principles. That is what constitutes enlightenment and opens the way for illumination. The inner experiences that we have, the inner experiences that come to us and the instruction that comes, and the wisdom, the guidance, and the direction come only at those times when we are living in that consciousness of no condemnation, of impersonalization, and they cannot come to us at any other time. That is the full meaning of that statement: "When you go to the altar and pray, and there remember that anyone has ought against thee, first get up and make thy peace." 1 We have this principle of impersonalizing evil, and this means denying the evil a person in whom, on whom, or through whom to operate. In other words, look upon every evil as if it were being offered by a tempter, as if you were seeing Satan stand before the Master, and you having the ability to say, "Get thee behind ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...overnment of Eden_Chapter 9.pdf
Modified: 2021-01-25 13:32:05- 91K
Find Similar Documents