The Foundation of Mysticism: Chapter 1, Laying the Foundation The Healing Principles
- ... When my mind is filled with truth and love, "neither do I condemn thee." All who enter this hall are forgiven their sins of omission or commission. They come into his grace because my mind is filled with his grace, with his word, with his truth, and all who enter here enter the divine presence and receive forgiveness and regeneration. They even find that the lost years of the locust are restored to them by the divine grace which God has given me as truth. "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. "Every word of truth which constitutes my consciousness is bread and wine, water, meat, life, and resurrection unto all who enter my consciousness. Truth is the divine influence; love is the divine influence. If my mind, my consciousness, my soul is filled with truth, spiritual truth and love, all who enter my consciousness partake of that divine bread, meat, wine, and water which is life eternal. Through the truth embodied in my consciousness, I am a law unto you: a law of healing, a law of forgiveness, a law of grace and benediction, even a law of supply. 1 Just think, this is you talking to yourself, thinking within yourself. You are not an isolated person separate and apart from every person in this room. I am in you, you are in me, and we are in God. So ... You are virtually saying, "Don't forgive me as I don't forgive." You are setting the price of your own freedom or bondage. Therefore, in your treatment work, you must provide a minute to consciously release all who have offended, whether it is an offense against you, against democracy, against justice, against nations, or against the word of God. Set them free. Release them. Ask God's forgiveness. Be willing that they be forgiven without penalty regardless of the nature of their offense, even as Jesus forgave the adulteress, even as he forgave the thief dying on the cross. Be sure you are praying that God opens the minds and souls and consciousness of those ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...tion The Healing Principles.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:48- 134K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: July 1956, Transition From Law to Grace
- CHAPTER SEVEN: JULY Transition from Law to Grace Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. . . . Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear. Hebrews II: I, 3 EVEN as Abraham, the father of the Hebrew race, journeyed long distances in time and space, not knowing whereto or why, so must we travel long distances in consciousness to arrive at a destined place where is found heaven-spiritual harmony, spiritual freedom, spiritual grace. We, as Infinite Way students, are pilgrims on that journey. All of us are seeking a life by grace, and in order to make any progress on this spiritual journey, we must understand the importance of faith in the unknown. As human beings, from the moment of conception until the moment of death, we are under the law of Moses, which is a karmic law. We are Under the laws of nature, of weather, climate, food, race, religion, creed, dogma. We are under the law of revenge-an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth. These Mosaic and karmic laws are made up of both good and evil. We do not choose to come under the law -we are under the law simply by virtue of being born, and we remain under the law until we, individually, remove ourselves from it. There are no ministers, priests, or rabbis who can set aside the law of the Ten Commandments, the karmic law, or the laws of human nature. It is something each one must do for himself by an act of consciousness. It is something you must do as specifically as you must resist the various temptations that crowd your particular individual life-by an act of conscious will. If you are tempted to envy that which others possess, it is you who, by an act of consciousness, must determine to be satisfied with that which is received from God and to covet nothing that belongs to another. If the temptations were to come to steal, to lie, to commit adultery, you would have to reject ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ransition From Law to Grace.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:02- 147K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: September 1959, The Impersonalization of Good and Evil
- ... At the present stage of your unfoldment, this realization should come to you with the force and power of a recognized, definite principle for continuous moment-to-moment practice. The Christ Cannot Be Finitized There is a second part of this principle which is even more difficult to practice. Just as evil cannot be personalized, so good cannot be personalized. We now know that it is incorrect to say that anyone is a sinner, but it is equally incorrect to say that anyone is spiritual. Let us not make the futile attempt to pin Christhood to any person's humanhood or to any part of a person that is visible or tangible to sense. If there is any quality of good flowing through him, it is not his personal quality. It is a God-quality for which he is but the instrument. We have learned that any evil quality which flows through an individual is not of himself, but is really a universal mesmerism which he has not consciously rejected. Now we must realize that if love, charity, benevolence, forgiveness, kindness, and co-operativeness are flowing through us, we must be careful not to take the credit for these qualities, for they do not have their source in us. We are but the instrument through which, and as which, God appears, the instrument through which good appears. When we are called upon for help, we do not attempt to make a bad human being good, a poor human being rich, or a sinful person pure, but we turn immediately to the realization of the Christ. Note this point carefully: We do not try to add the Christ to a person, because the Christ cannot be finitized or personalized. The Christ is infinite, the son of God, which you are and which I am, but never can we finitize It or personalize It. Do not try to fasten your realization of the Christ onto a person, or direct It to a person, or send It out to a person, or believe that a person is It. This is a very difficult point, but one which is absolutely essential to the healing work: Do not pin any form of error onto your ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...nalization of Good and Evil.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:13- 141K
Find Similar Documents
The Infinite Way: Supply
- SUPPLY PART I THE SECRET of supply is to be found in the twelfth chapter of Luke: And he said unto his disciples, Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat; neither for the body, what ye shall put on. The life is more than meat, and the body is more than raiment. Consider the ravens: for they neither sow nor reap; which neither have storehouse nor barn; and God feedeth them: how much more are ye better than the fowls? And which of you with taking thought can add to his stature one cubit? If ye then be not able to do that thing which is least, why take ye thought for the rest? Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. If then God so clothe the grass, which is today in the field, and tomorrow is cast into the oven; how much more will be clothe you, O ye of little faith? And seek not ye what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink, neither be ye of doubtful mind. For all these things do the nations of the world seek after: and your Father knoweth that ye have need of these things. But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you. Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom. The question now arises: How is it possible to "take no thought" for money when pressing obligations must be met? How can we trust God when year in and year out these financial problems confront us, and usually through no fault of our own? We have seen in these passages from Luke that the way to solve our difficulties is to take no thought for supply, whether of money, food, clothing, or any other form. And the reason that we need have no anxiety about these things is that "it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom" because He "knoweth that ye have need of these things." In order that we may enter wholly into the spirit of confidence of this inspired message of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...es/The Infinite Way_ Supply.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:15- 102K
Find Similar Documents
The Joel Goldsmith Reader: Erasing our Concepts of God, Prayer, and Grace
- Erasing Our Concepts of God, Prayer, and Grace Religion is an individual experience, and not only is it impossible to go into heaven two by two or four by four, but even any attempt to do so must result in failure. If a person is interested in a spiritual way of life, in seeking the realm of God or finding a solution to human problems, it is necessary that that person embark on his mission alone. This does not mean that if one's husband or wife also wishes to set forth on such a mission he or she should not do so, but because of the very nature of this search, each one must find his way within himself, alone. No two people can progress at the same rate because no two people are at the same level of consciousness; and therefore, the religious life is one which must be lived within the individual, regardless of how much is shared outwardly. No one can achieve this life for another: each must achieve it for himself. In the writings and recordings of The Infinite Way is found the account of my own search for God: the mode, the means, and the achievement. This has been set forth merely to show what one individual has achieved, and these books and recordings are offered to you in the hope that you will read, study, or hear them, and put them into practice; and, insofar as they prove successful, live with them and through them. In a few brief years, many thousands who have followed the particular way known as The Infinite Way have, in a measure, found their peace, their harmony, safety, security, and their supply. In reading and studying The Infinite Way, however, you are in no sense bound to it. You are, at all times, a free spiritual agent, free to come to us or to any of our students who are active in the work, but just as free at any time not to come-always free to find your own way. You have no obligations; you have no embarrassments; and if The Infinite Way does not prove effective in your individual case, you are at liberty always to seek further until you do find ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...s of God, Prayer, and Grace.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:18- 148K
Find Similar Documents
The Thunder of Silence: Chapter XII, Resist Not
- CHAPTER XII RESIST NOT To live the spiritual life means to live above the human sense of life, to live without recourse to human modes and means, that is, to live by the Christ. It means never to return evil for evil, never to pray or hope or wish or desire that another suffer for his offense-even his offense to us-never to desire to recoup our losses, which is the human way of life and, under our laws, legal. But legal or not, this is not the way of the Christ. True, if someone defrauds us, it is considered legitimate, proper, and right to sue him, but such procedure is not spiritual. And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloke also. MATTHEW 5:40 If someone were to counsel us, "I say to you, you must stop your lawsuits. If anybody wants to take your property, let him have it; if he wants your home, let him take it; if he takes your automobile, let him have it; and if he decides to come in and get your jewelry, let him have that too, and then look around and see if you cannot give him a few extra things in addition to what he already has taken," such advice would seem contrary to all reason. But that is what Jesus tells us to do in the fifth chapter of the Gospel of Matthew, and at this moment we have no way of knowing whether he was right or wrong. We have no way of knowing whether we might not benefit twice over by obeying that very command because most of us have not tried the resist-not-evil way of life; and moreover, until we have reached that state of consciousness, it would probably be very unwise for us to try it. At first thought, such a teaching might seem to mean that we are to let anybody and everybody walk all over us, defraud and take from us all that we have while we are just the sweet gentle things that permit ourselves to be walked on. But Jesus the Christ never meant that. What he meant was that we should not retaliate humanly, but he did not say what would happen spiritually if his advice were followed. ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ce_ Chapter XII, Resist Not.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:40- 113K
Find Similar Documents
Conscious Union with God: Chapter 4, The Nature of Error
- ~ 4 ~ THE NATURE OF ERROR God is all, but nevertheless, every day and almost every hour of every day we are faced with error in some form, and if we are to be free of these errors, it is necessary for us to understand the nature of error. Eventually in our meditation, we will become so consciously one with God that error will never come near us; it will fade away automatically even as we approach it. Until that time, however, let us not hesitate or fear to talk about the nature of error and what to do about it when we see evidences of it. Everyone, regardless of what branch of metaphysics he has studied, has accepted, if only intellectually, the unreal nature of error. Therefore, in the working out of problems it becomes necessary for us to gain as much understanding as possible of the unreal nature of error so that it can be met and dissolved instantaneously. Error Is Never a Person, Place, Thing, or Condition Always when error appears to us, it appears as a person, place, thing, or condition. It may appear as disease, that is, as some kind of a localized condition, and that is what fools us. We go to work on the condition, and thereby make it a reality. Error never appears as error: It always appears in some form that will ensnare the unwary. If error would only appear as error, all of us would be free. If it would only say to us, "Steal a diamond ring," or, "Commit adultery," we would be so safe from it, because we would never succumb to such temptations. But it never appears in such ways. It always appears as a brilliant diamond attracting us, as a strong, handsome man or a beautiful, alluring woman tempting us. And we do not realize that that apparently desirable form is error. All that we see is the beautiful form that error has assumed, that error appears to be, that error appears as. The metaphysician who is wise and alert, however, will not only recognize that error always appears as person, place, thing, or condition, but that good also appears as person, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter 4, The Nature of Error.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:17- 119K
Find Similar Documents
God Formed Us For His Glory: Chapter 3, The Nature of the Messiah
- Chapter Three The Nature of the Messiah The unfoldment of the activity of the Infinite Way is a testimony to the validity of the principles it sets forth. To begin with, here was a man in California who wrote a book presumed to be just a little pocket companion for himself and a few friends. He decided that a thousand copies would be more than enough for all persons, but the publisher pointed out that two thousand copies would cost very little more than one thousand, so two thousand were run off. I thought, of course, that we would have to have a great deal of storage space to take care of the second thousand. Never did the idea occur to me that this message would travel around the world or that it would be of interest to anybody except the small group of patients and students who were around me. Furthermore, at that time there was no money for any kind of promotional activity; there were no "angels" to provide financial help; there was no organization, which there still is not; and there was no thought of my going any further than Los Angeles, California, with the message. No one was more surprised than I when someone invited me to give lectures in San Francisco, four hundred miles away. I thought, "What! Way up there they want to hear about this! That is strange, but it is beautiful because I would enjoy spending a week in San Francisco." I thought that that, too, would surely be the end of this activity. And what has happened to the Infinite Way since those early days? It was first carried across the United States and Canada. Then a letter came from an important publisher in London, asking if he could publish a British edition of The Infinite Way. Could he? Why, that is a dream! Many American writers had been unable to have their books published in England after the war because of the scarcity of paper. Yet here was a firm asking, "May we?" That was not the end of it. Another firm in England asked to publish my books, followed by a request from Holland, and then ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., The Nature of the Messiah.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:31- 124K
Find Similar Documents
God The Substance of All Form: Chapter 4, Fulfillment of Consciousness
- ~ 4 ~ FULFILLMENT OF CONSCIOUSNESS Heav'n the Vision of fulfill'd Desire, and hell the Shadow from a Soul on fire. OMAR KHAYYÁM Everyone who has had the experience of a fulfilled life knows that it is heaven. Everyone who is doing the work he loves to do is in heaven. Heaven is the fulfillment of our own consciousness. Each one of us is in this world because of a divine plan. No one came here by accident; no one came merely through physical creation. All of us are part of a universal plan, and that plan is the fulfillment of God. It is not that any one of us, for some special reason, has been given an unfoldment of truth and an opportunity for study and practice, but that truth, itself, is fulfilling and expressing itself, and we are the transparency as which it appears to the world. Truth is fulfilling itself in some way through or as you, although that fulfillment may not be apparent at the moment. Certainly it is true that most of the people in the world are not fulfilling their destiny as God made manifest and love unfolded and disclosed. The human scene has seemed to cut us off from the divine, so we have accepted a separate identity and have tried to fulfill it. Whether or not we succeed in the outer realm will not determine our fulfillment of heaven. It is the fulfillment of the inner consciousness that is heaven, and it may fulfill itself as a businessman or as a professional man, but it is still consciousness fulfilling itself on the level of consciousness. Success in business, of itself, does not bear witness to the attainment of heaven. Many successful people are unhappy because they are not successful at the particular work which would be the fulfillment of their heart's desire. We have had the experience of studying truth in order to get a healing or to demonstrate supply or success and then have come to the place where we were not satisfied. We may have attained our health or prosperity or success, but still we were not happy. Why? Because those ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ulfillment of Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:34- 101K
Find Similar Documents
Leave Your Nets: Chapter 13, The Inner Vision
- ~ 13 ~ THE INNER VISION You have come to that point in consciousness where you are seeking for what the world calls the intangible. When you came to a spiritual teaching, you knew in advance, or soon learned, that you were going to obtain nothing in the external realm. What you were seeking was the invisible, that which cannot be seen, heard, or known. And yet you were seeking to be able to see, hear, and know just that. Through that seeking, you are coming to know that which is unknowable, see that which is invisible, hear that which is inaudible. And on this nothing you now live. He "hangeth the earth upon nothing" 1 -nothing that you will ever see, hear, taste, touch, or smell. But of this, I am sure, if you are persistent and faithful, the day will come when you will feel it, see it, hear it, and know it, even though there is no it to see, hear, feel, and know. What was it that separated the followers of the Master from all other Hebrews? Only that those who were not Jesus' followers could not see, hear, taste, touch, or smell what it was that the disciples and the Hebrew Christians had accepted as the truth. It was foolishness to them, nothing but foolishness! How can anyone follow something that nobody knows anything about? And then these followers of the Master would smile, "Not know anything about it? We know all about it!" "Well, what is it? Where is it? Let me see it. Let me touch it." "No, it is a glint in the eye." "Ah, now! That is foolishness! That is foolishness!" And yet, that was the truth. These people saw something in the Master; they felt something in their association with him that satisfied, so that they, too, could say, "Ah, we do not live by bread alone. We are receiving an inner grace, an inner meat, wine, and water." They knew what the Master meant when he told them, "Take, eat; this is my body." 2 They knew what the others could never understand. It has been said that when a person of spiritual vision went into the darkened room where ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 13, The Inner Vision.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:42- 96K
Find Similar Documents