The Art of Meditation: Chapter XII, For He Is Thy Life
- CHAPTER XII FOR HE IS THY LIFE For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord God: wherefore turn yourselves, and live ye. EZEKIEL 18:32 . . . for He is thy life, and the length of thy days. . . DEUTERONOMY 30:20 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. JOHN 14:2 He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. JOHN 6:47 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son and believeth on him, may have everlasting life. . . . JOHN 6:40 Immortality is the realization of our true identity as God-being, an identity without beginning and without end, eternal and everlasting: It is a recognition of God as the Father and God as the Son. To those on the spiritual path, this is not a new idea. It is the foundation stone upon which rests every great spiritual teaching known to man. But the essence of this teaching has been buried in the prevalent concepts of immortality as a Methuselah-plus existence in this world, or as an eternal existence of bliss after death. The first is merely a gilded notion of longevity. The second is based upon the faulty premise that death is a part of God's creation, whereas the Master clearly stated, "The last enemy that shall be overcome is death." It is true that, at some time or other, we all pass from human sight. Each, in his own time, will leave this plane of consciousness. Those who have no knowledge of God and their relationship to God may be forced out of their bodies by disease, accident, or old age; but those with a right understanding of God will make the transition without struggle, pain, or infirmity. All eventually will leave this plane. "In my Father's house are many mansions." We pass from infancy to childhood, childhood to adolescence, and adolescence to maturity-each state of consciousness, one of God's many mansions. Those who accept the transition from one state of consciousness to another as an activity of God, not looking back in a vain ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter XII, For He Is Thy Life.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:29- 86K
Find Similar Documents
The GIft of Love: Chapter 10, Love Seeketh Not Her Own
- ~ 10 ~ LOVE SEEKETH NOT HER OWN Love has in it no desire for return or recompense, so if what you do has in it any desire for reward, recognition, or gratitude, it becomes trade, not love. When two persons who say they love each other take the attitude, "You do this, and I'll do that," that is not love. That is trade. Love is what a person feels and does without a single trace of hope or desire for reward. The best way to explain it is to think of what you do for your children. You certainly have no thought of doing for them, hoping for their gratitude. No, you do for your children because that is your function as parents. If you could extend that same attitude to all, you might very well find you would wipe all discord out of your human relationships. Does not the discord come because you expect something in return for what you do? In that expectation you are violating spiritual law. Everything that you are entitled to in life must come from God, not from man- everything. It should be your privilege and joy to do every job that is given you to the best of your ability, not for the reward, not for recognition, not for gratitude, but because the job is to be done, and the only way you can fulfill yourself is to do it to the best of your ability. Your reward, your compensation, and your life's harmony come from God, not from man. So if anyone withholds gratitude, recognition, or reward, he is not cheating you. He is cheating himself. Gratitude is one of the great attributes of love, and a person who is not filled with gratitude is devoid of love which means that he is devoid of God. A person who is not grateful, is not cooperative, or who does not share is never cheating the other person. He is cheating only himself. As far as you and I are concerned, what we do should be done for the fulfillment of God as ourselves. An employee who goes into his place of business, forgets about the boss, forgets about the amount of his salary, and does his job to the utmost of his ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...0, Love Seeketh Not Her Own.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:55- 69K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: February 17, 1963, God Constitutes My Consciousness
- GOD CONSTITUTES MY CONSCIOUSNESS February 17, 1963 The Halekulani Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii LET US MAKE A MOVE that separates us from most of the metaphysical world. As humans we have our supply in money, or the representation of money, and we find health in the body. If the heart beats so many times, if the assimilation acts according to this rule, if the elimination acts according to that rule, then we have health. We associate intelligence with the brain and we find our life in breathing. Take away our breathing and we have no life, or we find our life in the functioning of the heart. When you come to our work, what you are really doing is making a transition, so that your healing work is never in correcting what is wrong in the body or the mind or the pocketbook. I think it is in The Infinite Way that you will find, "You cannot meet a problem on the level of the problem." So, if you are faced with a problem, if you try to do something to that problem, you would not succeed. You first have to move outside the realm of the problem in order to find harmony. We find our harmony in spirit, and you might call this the point of demarcation or separation. We find our harmony in spirit, in consciousness. Since God is consciousness, and since God is supply, we find our supply in God or in consciousness. In the same way, since God is health, we find our health in God or in consciousness. Even the Bible knew this, that "God is the health of your countenance." 1 Yes, health must be found not in the body but in consciousness- then the body expresses health. Likewise with supply. You must leave the realm of the mental and material and find yourself elevated to consciousness. We have to find our health, we have to find our supply, we have to find our intelligence in consciousness; even our longevity we must find in consciousness. If we try to perpetuate ourselves by patching up the body, the results would be temporary. Medically it is possible to change sickness to health and, if ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...onstitutes My Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:12- 98K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: May 12, 1963, We Are Guests of Life
- WE ARE GUESTS OF LIFE May 12, 1963 Princess Kaiulani Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii THERE IS A PRINCIPLE OF LIFE not yet known to the world, but known to you through your studies of The Infinite Way. The effects of this principle have been known throughout all known time, but the principle itself has not been known. It is for this reason that, in reading history, you read of events that took place but you have no knowledge of what brought them about or how they came into being. An illustration of that is our Civil War. If you were to read the history books, you would believe that somebody so loved the Negro race that they were willing to die to free them, and somebody will point to Harriet Beecher Stowe and her Uncle Tom's Cabin. Others will tell you of the commercial war between New England and the Southern States and none of these are mindful of the fact that, starting with the Magna Carta of England on through the French, American, and Brazilian revolutions, consciousness had been aroused to this idea of freedom, liberty, equality, and justice. All of these events were but the out-picturing of a changed state of consciousness. You can go all the way back to Greece, the first country that ever experimented with the idea of freedom, and find how this longing in consciousness spread as if by subliminal perception and brought about the wars and agreements culminating in more and more freedom for people. The selfishness of the average human being who has been brought up on the theory that "self preservation is the first law of human nature" is such that each tries to struggle to hold onto what he has, and perhaps get a little bit more. Therefore, the process of consciousness coming into expression in changing forms-better forms-is a slow one; and in the field of religion, the world has been more backward than in any other field of human experience. Until after the middle of the 19th century, religion was a total state of darkness and ignorance, almost without even the tiniest ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...1963, We Are Guests of Life.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:19- 106K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: June 30, 1963, Discovering the Soul
- DISCOVERING THE SOUL June 30, 1963 Princess Kaiulani Hotel GOOD AFTERNOON. When we first come to a spiritual study it is only because some circumstance or condition of our life is in need of adjustment. We have not found the completeness of life, happiness, health, or some other aspect of fulfillment, and we are seeking the missing link. In other words, we are always wanting improvement in the human affairs of our existence. During your Infinite Way study you will find some degree of improvement in your human life, but I can assure you that you never will find all that you are seeking humanly. It does not lie within the nature of a spiritual teaching to give you all of the human good things you think you would like. In some avenues of your life you will experience improved health, increased supply, or some other form of human happiness, but you will not find the completeness that you expected. About the time you actually realize that it never is going to happen, you will likewise perceive the reason, which is that you have been praying amiss. You have been trying to patch up or improve this human existence and that is not the function of any spiritual message. From the message of every mystic it is very clear that the object of the spiritual path is that we may die to the human experience and be reborn of the spirit. We learn that the spiritual kingdom, the real kingdom, the mystical kingdom is not of this world, not even when this world is healthy, wealthy, and wise. On the mystical path we learn that there is a goal. This goal is not the metaphysical goal of better health, a nicer home, a better car, and more companionship. The goal is releasing the Soul from the tomb of human existence, more especially the tomb of the human mind. In your periods of introspection or contemplation check to see to what extent you are imprisoned in your mind and body. Notice how little you know except what is in your mind or body, and then you will realize that all human experience ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... 1963, Discovering the Soul.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:16- 98K
Find Similar Documents
The Government of Eden: Chapter 7, When We Indulge In Condemnation
- When we stop our heckling of people, when we stop our fault-finding, when we acknowledge that the world is returning to us what we are sending out into the world, then is the Spirit of God dwelling in us. When we have learned to forgive the offenses aimed at us personally, racially, religiously, and nationally; when we have learned enough of forgiveness, then the Spirit of God truly dwells in us, and when we are obedient to the ninth commandment, which is "do not bear false witness against your neighbor." 3 Ordinarily, that is understood to mean that you shouldn't gossip or tell tales or repeat scandal about your neighbor, but in The Infinite Way, it has a ... Scripture tells us that "love is the fulfilling of the law," 13 so do not try to get the law to operate in the absence of love, and love means forgiveness. Love means forbearance. Love means to be inwardly clean: clean of hate, jealousy, envy, malice, greed-all of these negative, minor qualities. It may not be possible to go through an entire day or night without some of these negative emotions creeping in on us. That is why we became human beings instead of remaining in the Garden of Eden, but we can purge ourselves twice and three times a day, so we look every man and woman in the face and say, "I have released you into the realization of your God-being. I know that you and the Father are one, and 'all that the Father hath is yours.'" If you only knew what it meant to come into the pres- ence of a person who is not sitting with a mind full of criti- cism, judgment, or condemnation, or, more positively, to come into the consciousness of a person who understands and forgives and forgets; come into the consciousness of a person whose gentleness is such that no thought even enters their secret mind of any harsh nature. Thus do you see we become a center, and everyone who comes within range of our consciousness feels what the world calls "love" because forgiveness is an attribute of love. Understanding is an at- ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...overnment of Eden_Chapter 7.pdf
Modified: 2021-01-25 13:32:06- 64K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: February 9, 1964, Christ Coming Into Ascendancy
- CHRIST COMING INTO ASCENDANCY February 9, 1964 The Halekulani Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii IT IS PRESUMED that Jesus was admitted to the Order of the Essenes shortly after he was twelve years of age, or probably in coming to manhood in the Hebrew faith at the age of thirteen, and he was graduated when he was thirty. In all of the wisdom schools a normal period of study would be from six to nine years. You may wonder at that and why it is that our students go through a week or two of classes and then expect to be graduated as ministers or healers. The secret of course, is that it is not the knowledge that you acquire in class that qualifies you for a title or an activity, but the material that is given to you in class is meant to be the substance that forms the new consciousness, that which enables you to die and be reborn. This is illustrated in tape number 4, side 1 of this 1964 Honolulu Series, in which we have had a different unfoldment each week leading up to this last one-and yet all of this is meant only as the substance with which we are to work to form the new consciousness. In the First Degree, which consists of the earliest years in your wisdom school, you are taught a reliance on God. In fact you are really taught that there is a God, and you are taught the nature of God and the nature of your reliance. Then you are taught a moral code such as the Ten Commandments. Through this study and practice you learn how to love your neighbor as yourself by being honest in your dealings, generous, loyal, faithful, benevolent, forgiving. It takes several years of practice before you can really say, "There is greater integrity in my human relationships, family relationships, business and community relationships. There is a greater sense of benevolence and mutual helpfulness." It takes time to bring yourself to the top of that First Degree. Of old there was a Second Degree, which we can eliminate today because we are living in a state of society that embraces the Second ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...rist Coming Into Ascendancy.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:11- 93K
Find Similar Documents
Collected Essays of Joel Goldsmith: Salesmanship
- Salesmanship SCIENTIFIC CHRISTIANITY has revealed to human thought the present possibility of health and success. It has shown us how to think and live so as to individualize the power of Spirit, God, and how to utilize the laws of Mind with which to establish and maintain the harmony of mind, body and business. One of the outstanding facts learned through the study and application of Truth to human affairs concerns the subject of salesmanship. All our earthly experiences involve to some extent the ability to sell. Many are actively engaged in selling commodities or services as a means of earning a living. The understanding of Truth is of vital importance to these "ambassadors of trade," as salespeople are often called. We ordinarily think of selling as the disposition of goods or services to another for a sum of money or for some other form of trade. The best salesman is believed to be the one who can dispose of the most goods, or secure the highest prices for his product. These goals are attained in various ways, some of them ethical, others called "high-pressure salesmanship" which would not be considered in a business conducted according to the Golden Rule. The student of Truth would always be the most successful salesman if he rightly understood and applied the laws of Mind in his work. Christian scientific selling can never meet with failure. It knows no "bad seasons" or "rainy weather" or "unseasonable weather" or any other of the innumerable excuses or alibis that are frequently given instead of orders. The beginning of our understanding, or the starting point, is this: There is but one Mind, and this Mind is the Mind of individual man. Therefore the Mind of the buyer is the Mind of the seller; the Mind of the customer is the Mind of the storekeeper; the Mind of the designer, the manufacturer, the wholesaler, retailer and ultimate consumer is one and the same Mind, the ONLY Mind, individually expressed. The importance of this fundamental understanding ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...oel Goldsmith_ Salesmanship.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:14- 68K
Find Similar Documents
The Early Years: Chapter 2, God
- ~ 2 ~ GOD "Spiritual sense is a conscious, constant capacity to understand God." 1 Many have tried to "explain" God, but so far none (to my knowledge) have ever succeeded. God must be individually experienced. Because of generations of belief in material being we seem to be far removed from God, and only as we live in "prayer without ceasing," that is, dwelling on the thought of God, will it be possible for the experience, or revelation, of God to come to us. Most people either believe in, or believe that there is a God, but this is far from knowing, far from the assurance and the consciousness of the presence of God. Spiritual sense alone reveals it, and spiritual sense is developed through the conscious dwelling in thought of God, and what it is, and where we find it. We should also dwell on the subject: What is man? We are familiar with the statement from the Greek Temple, "Know thyself." Well, close your eyes, get quiet inside, and ask yourself: "What am I?" If arms, legs, head, and brain are not me but mine, who is this possessor of the body and mind? If I think, who and what is the thinker? These thoughts lead to the understanding of God. Do we think often enough of what the word "God" means to us? Not what it means to our friends or neighbors, but what it means to us! Man is the manifestation of God, and how can we know man until we know that of which he is constituted. The manifestation of God is not a mortal, a material being. God can be manifest only in its nature, character, and quality. Therefore, the attempt to heal or enrich a human cannot be the way to manifest God. As we dwell in thought on what the nature of divine being is, we behold man, the manifestation of divine being, and there we find the infinity, eternality, and harmony of our own being. "Therefore the world (mankind) knoweth us not, because it knew him (divine being) not." 2 God manifests itself as love, life, being; and man is that love, life, and being made manifest. "Ye shall know the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Early Years_ Chapter 2, God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:40- 85K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: March 29, 1964, Freedom Is an Activity Within Your Own Consciousness
- FREEDOM IS AN ACTIVITY WITHIN YOUR OWN CONSCIOUSNESS March 29, 1964 Between Two Worlds Honolulu, Hawaii THE HUMAN BEING LIVES in a world of material sense, and this means that his measurement of life consists of amounts, weights, degrees, abundances, limitations. One of the first things an infant learns is that two things cannot occupy the same space at the same time. In other words, when he hits his head against a table he discovers that either the head or the table belongs there, but not both. As we grew up we measured everything in that manner; in relationship of power we ascribed good power to some germs and evil power to some germs. We ascribed powers of good to some individuals, powers of evil to other individuals. Therefore, in the materialistic sense of life we are always conferring powers upon some one or some thing. The entire human experience is made up of this combination of good and evil, externalized good and evil, and we give power to everything external to ourselves. As a matter of fact we seldom reserve any power at all, any dominion to our selves. Practically everything good comes from someone or something, and practically everything evil comes from someone or something, and we are either the beneficiary or the victim. Rarely do we acknowledge that we have dominion. This is the materialistic concept of life. As you come to a mystical teaching you begin to reverse this, and as a rule you start with the word God. Not only do you begin to give more power to God and less power to the external world, but you even give power to God "over" the external world. In other words you turn to God as a power over disease, and all orthodox religion is built on that premise because all of their prayers are for healing or for well-being. Unlike the metaphysicians, they do not have the same faith that it is going to happen, but orthodoxy does give lip service to the belief that God is a power over disease. It is in this same way that families ask for prayers of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...thin Your Own Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:18- 97K
Find Similar Documents