The Early Years: Chapter 25, No Outlined Physical Form
- ~ 25 ~ NO OUTLINED PHYSICAL FORM We need to remember that man is not an outlined physical form, nor a finite being surrounded by limitations, but that man is an individual expression of God's being; expressing the infinite good, the eternal harmony, the allness of life, truth and love. As we dwell on the spiritual nature and character of man, leaving our so- called selfhood out of thought, our divine nature reveals itself in all forms of peace, harmony and perfection. We need to keep constantly in thought that spiritual man is complete and "has not a single quality underived from Deity." Man includes within his own consciousness the freedom and joy of God's being. Man does not sit around waiting to receive these from God, for man is the very expression of these qualities of God. All good is embraced in the divine consciousness which man reflects. This is-ness of good is the Christ, truth, revealing the omnipresence of that harmony which may at the moment appear to be absent or apart from us. Have no fear; trust the Christ as the "divine influence ever-present in human consciousness" which reveals our perfect being. Feel the peace and joy of God flooding your consciousness with his love and his life, and the light will appear. The question is frequently asked, "How may I know when a healing is complete?" To begin with, we must bear in mind that there can be no actual healing, because there is nothing to be healed. "Spirit is infinite; therefore spirit is all. There is no matter." 1 Spirit never needs healing. This is all you need to know. Regardless of appearances, "spirit is all" and spirit does not need healing. There is no "you" outside of mind, so you need no healing. Spirit being all, it is complete. Mind is all, and mind's work is forever complete. You need do no work about this, but you must accept the truth of the completeness of mind. You have no demonstration to make. All action and volition belong to God, and his demonstration (you) was complete from the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., No Outlined Physical Form.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:47- 89K
Find Similar Documents
Collected Essays of Joel Goldsmith: Love
- ... We close the door on Love in that way when we pray ONLY for Mother or Father or child or friend or relative. When we learn to pray for our enemy as we are taught to do in the Master's teachings, when we learn to pray the prayer of forgiveness for all those who offend us, we then find Love coming to us through unexpected avenues and channels. We, ourselves, limit the amount of Love that ordinarily would be flowing freely to us because we limit it, first of all, to man, and secondly, only to those men and women who comprise our friendly circle. When we go further afield, when we look not only to friends but even to foes for our Love, through the prayer of forgiveness, we widen that circle, and even more so as we realize God is the fount of ALL Love . . . God is the SOURCE of ALL Love. Therefore, it is to God and ONLY to God that we look for Love. This ... Once we lift our gaze above the human avenues and channels of supply and realize GOD as the source of Love and, therefore, as the source of supply, we begin to open the way for Love to come to us from many new sources. FORGIVENESS WE HAVE LOOKED to man for forgiveness for our offenses, our trespasses, our sins. Often, through acts of commission or omission, we have been unloving, unjust, unkind; and sometimes, if possible, we look to those whom we have offended for forgiveness. In many instances, they have gone so far out of our experience that we have no way of reaching them in order to seek their forgiveness. Actually, there is no need of our seeking forgiveness of any man. It is well that we apologize, if we have offended. It is well if we ask forgiveness. It is not important whether or not we receive it. The important point is that we look to GOD for forgiveness . . . NOT to man. As long as we look to God for forgiveness, we will be released through man. Therein lies the miracle . . . that even those who, to human sense, would withhold forgiveness, can no longer withhold it when we have sought it in God. LOVE IS ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ays of Joel Goldsmith_ Love.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:13- 114K
Find Similar Documents
Living the Illumined Life: Chapter 2, First Steps On the Path of Discipleship
- Chapter Two First Steps On the Path of Discipleship Truth has been presented to the world throughout all ages, and by this time it would seem that everyone should know the truth, but there are very few who have had even the tiniest glimpse of it. I would count myself fortunate if I could say that I had attained a grain of truth, because in my heart I know how very much less than that I have attained, and I also know why. Truth is always veiled, and it has never been presented except in a form that is veiled. The veil, however, is not necessarily for the purpose of concealing truth. In some cases, it is to make it possible for those seeking truth to understand it. To some, it might seem that the more clearly truth is stated, the more it will be understood, but that is not true. Why and How Truth Is Veiled If truth were presented in its stark form, I can assure you that everyone would walk away from it and say, "Well, I can swallow a lot, but not that." Truth will never be accepted by those hearing it with the human ear alone. There must be the development of an inner ear, an inner eye, and an inner perception in order to respond to truth. The work of the spiritual path is to develop that inner ear and inner eye. Moses veiled the truth, but Christ Jesus took away that veil. Nevertheless, when Jesus rent the veil, the people of his day would not accept the truth he revealed. Instead they crucified him. All outward forms of worship, such as the ceremonies carried on in churches and cathedrals, are in reality veils. Truth is not to be found in these religious observances but lies hidden in the ceremony and the ritual, awaiting our discovery. If truth were presented unveiled, most persons would walk away from it with the comment, "That above all things cannot be truth." The ceremonies, rites, and rituals are given so that a person can look behind the scenes, dig deep, and perceive the nature of what is being presented to him, and then eventually he comes face to face with ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...On the Path of Discipleship.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:53- 116K
Find Similar Documents
The Government of Eden: Introduction
- Introduction H ISTORY SHOWS THAT the twentieth century was a time of both national and international upheaval marked by grave military, political, and social conflict of far-reaching consequences. While governments around the globe struggled at great cost with these overwhelming challenges, a few spiritually-illuminated men and women turned to a means of peaceful resolution, not on the level of strife, but on the level of grace and truth. One such enlightened individual was Joel Goldsmith: the mystic, healer, and teacher who traveled the world in the 1950s and 1960s revealing spiritual principles that he found to be practical and effective not only in political and social arenas, but also in the areas of health, relationships, finances, and business. Joel was not imparting theory, philosophy, or dogma, but divine laws proven to be universal and eternal, for the crises of his day were not unique to one generation or to one country. The issues facing the world in the twentieth century existed for eons and continue to confront us in the present age because, as Joel discovered, these are not problems in time and space, but discords in human consciousness. Joel never denied the difficulties of human existence, nor did he ignore the responsibilities of family life, career, or citizenship. He demonstrated a direct and successful way of dealing with our mortal challenges while fulfilling our secular obligations. Without overreacting to headlines, emergency calls, or personal commitments, Joel dealt with one demand after another-spiritually. Contrary to humanity's efforts to survive by force, Joel revealed a means to thrive by grace. This was a path to true freedom and lasting peace that was critically dependent on its starting point, which for Joel was always God. This God, however, was not a deity awaiting us in the hereafter. Nor was this God a supreme genie granting our prayerful wishes. Joel's constant and consistent starting point was the God of individual ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...rnment of Eden_Introduction.pdf
Modified: 2021-01-25 13:32:05- 34K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness In Transition: Chapter 14, A Word to the Wise
- ~ 14 ~ A WORD TO THE WISE ALL ERROR IS HYPNOTISM claiming to operate as your own thinking. As soon as you realize the error is not your thinking or that of your patient, you separate yourself from the suggestion and you become free. The act of recognizing the error-regardless of its form-as universal hypnotism or mesmeric suggestion claiming to act as your own thought or thinking, is the release. Only while the error is unrecognized as suggestion or imposed hypnotism, do you remain in the sin, disease or lack. Every claim of the body governing or controlling you, every belief of limitation, every appearance of sin or disease, lack or death, is but hypnotism claiming to act as your thinking. The realization of this truth is your remedy. Every claim or suggestion of mortality, even good mortality, must be handled in this way. These human appearances when seen as the activity of mesmerism must now be traced back to the one mind and understood as the finite sense of mind-life and mind's formation. This reversal of the picture and reinterpretation completes the treatment and reveals divine harmony where error seemed to be. To be a practitioner or teacher, you must in some measure have been released from this universal hypnotism so that you stand in back of this world as it were, and "see" with the un-hypnotized mind which is God. In this illumined consciousness it is evident that mesmerism, seen and recognized, is not power; it never was real power, but operated as both presence and power until detected and cast out through the realization of the Self as the all-power. Remember that hypnotism always appears as person, thing, or condition, circumstance or place. The wise practitioner is always able to see behind the false, finite appearance because he is beholding with the unfettered mind which is God. This is summed up for us in The Infinite Way, as follows: "The sense which presents pictures of discord and inharmony, disease and death, is the universal mesmerism which ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter 14, A Word to the Wise.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:21- 75K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Interpretation of Scripture: Darkness to Light
- DARKNESS TO LIGHT UNLESS GOD shows forth our existence, we will labor in vain to make a success of life. So we take for a starting point the first verse of the 127th Psalm: "Except the Lord build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the Lord keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain." It is possible to achieve great things in life through human means. Men have become wealthy, risen to great political and military power, achieved great things with the human mind and will, but in many cases the results of human effort have not been permanent or have not given the happiness that was promised. Unless God produce for us, the product is apt not to be lasting or satisfying. When God produces for us our work is fruitful and brings happiness and joy with it. What is happiness? George Bernard Shaw writes: "This is true joy in life: the being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one. The being thoroughly worn out before you are thrown on the scrap-heap; the being a force of nature instead of a little clot of illnesses complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy." In his comment of Shaw's wisdom, John Mason Brown writes: "What happiness is, no person can say for another; but no one, I am sure, can be happy who lives only for himself. The joy of living comes only from immersion in something - anything - bigger, better, more enduring, worthier than we (humans) are. People, ideas, causes - these are for the one possible escape - not merely from selfishness, but from the hungers of solitude and the sorrows of aimlessness. Don't turn your back deliberately on the procession. Existence is a strange bargain. Life owes us little, we owe it everything. The only true happiness comes from dedicating ourselves to a purpose." Indeed, you are here as a part of a great cause. You are that place where God shines through. There is no way for God to express Itself finitely. You are infinite. In realizing your true identity, you have ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...cripture_ Darkness to Light.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:16- 88K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: February 2, 1964, Realizing the Non-power of Appearances
- REALIZING THE NON-POWER OF APPEARANCES February 2, 1964 HUMAN EXISTENCE IS GOVERNED principally by emotions, and if you analyze your relationships with your family, your business associates, your friends, and your enemies, you will notice that very little reason enters into the relationships. It is mostly emotion, which is why most people lose money in speculation, because emotion controls them more than reason. When emotion controls you, you have no opportunity of benefitting by principles of life. When you are facing a situation and withdraw emotion long enough to realize the impersonal nature of the appearance, you immediately begin to dispel it. The natural tendency is to personalize and that is why it has been said, and rightly so, that it is unwise to discuss either religion or politics. The reason, of course, is that emotion enters in and makes it virtually impossible to talk about these subjects objectively. You would very quickly see what I mean if you could be in England during a pre-election campaign and witness how little emotion enters into the speeches by political candidates. The arguments are always aimed at the candidate's proposition, not at an individual. This is approaching politics with a minimum of emotion and a great deal of objectivity. In the same way we think of disease, sin, lack, and limitation as having to do with a person or persons, and so we center our arguments mentally against a certain person or a certain political party or that church group or that race, and this has been the error that binds men in slavery. There is no possibility of freedom from the human emotions and human passions except by the realization of the impersonal and invisible nature of error which may be operating in and through a person or a group. You do not cure a tree of its illness by cutting off its branches. You lay the axe at the root. Likewise, if you want to cut off the operation of evil in your individual or collective experience, you also have to lay ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...he Non-power of Appearances.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:10- 99K
Find Similar Documents
The GIft of Love: Chapter 11, Be a Transparency for Love
- As we realize more and more that our function in our household is to be the instrument through which God is to find entrance, we purge our consciousness of its human qualities; we learn to forgive injustices quickly and to forget offenses, realizing that God neither judges nor condemns, and that neither must we. God's forgiveness is seventy times unto seven and so must ours be. Not only must we express love, patience, kindness, justice, cooperation, and generosity in our home, but we must love ... Because God cannot be limited in time or space, or by walls, the realized presence of God in this room is flowing out of this room, up and down the street, up and down the nation, and across the waters. I am an instrument and a transparency through which God's love blesses mankind-friend and foe. My consciousness does not condemn the sinner; my consciousness does not seek vengeance, but forgiveness. Through my consciousness of love, God enters my home, my business, my nation, and this whole ... But if God's love is not entering through the window of our consciousness, it is because our consciousness is soiled, soiled with the only kind of dirt that can soil it, a dirt that is spelled s-e-l-f, I, me, and mine. When we begin to cleanse our consciousness, when we begin to realize less and less of self, and more and more of love, more and more of forgiveness, more and more of praise, glory, and gratitude, more and more of a willingness for God to touch the consciousness of the sinner, the ... Let us do each day the task that is given us to do, regardless of how mundane it may appear to be; and if we fulfill that which is given us to do now, we shall find that more important things, and eventually what appear to be more spiritual things, will be given us to do-but not until we have done that which has already been given us to do. Our first and foremost task is to fill our consciousness with love, forgiveness, gratitude, praise, loyalty, and devotion, not only to God but to our ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Be a Transparency for Love.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:55- 94K
Find Similar Documents
The Mystical I: Chapter Ten, An Act of Commitment
- CHAPTER TEN AN ACT OF COMMITMENT As I sat in meditation these words came to me, "the womb of Silence," and with them it was as if there were a tremendous silence, large and round, and this was the womb out of which all creation came.1 All creation was formed in this womb of Silence. There was not a man, but there was a universe: the earth, the rocks, the trees, streams, seas, skies, suns, moons, and planets-all this flowing forth as an unfoldment from this huge womb of penetrating, complete stillness-yet more than stillness: absolute silence, quietness. It moves as if in a rhythm, and this rhythm not only forms it, but sustains creation with everything in its rightful place. Looking out into this universe, you can see that there is cold-snow and ice-in the north, and warmth in the south, flowers and trees of one nature in the north and of another in the south. This rhythm, the rhythm that is flowing from that Silence, maintains and sustains creation beautifully, all in its order. Eventually, man appears here and there on the face of the globe, also maintained by this rhythm that flows within his consciousness. It is a flow of rhythm that maintains the activity of the body, the organs and their functions. Everything seems to be responsive to this rhythm, and all this rhythm is flowing forth from that womb into form as grace, beauty, order, peace. The relationship between all these forms is harmonious. We could use the words "love" or "loving," but there is no love or loving: there is only a naturalness of peace, contentment, and this is the rhythm in expression, the rhythm of the universe. INHARMONY RESULTS FROM BEING OUTSIDE THE RHYTHM When anything goes wrong in our experience, it is because we are out of tune with this rhythm. We can observe the willow tree, how it moves with the breeze, almost flows with the breeze, and then imagine what would happen if it were to try to stand erect in that breeze or resist it. It would be broken. And so is man broken the moment ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...r Ten, An Act of Commitment.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:32- 98K
Find Similar Documents
1954 Infinite Way Letters: Chapter 3, Prayer
- ~ 3 ~ PRAYER Success in prayer comes only when we understand the purpose and nature of prayer. The centuries of believing that God sends gifts, and that God bestows those things for which we pray, has been the barrier to fruitful prayer. God is the gift we must be seeking. God is the substance of all form, and to pray for something or some condition as though it were apart from God, or something to be bestowed by God, is the very sense of separation which holds off our good. God cannot give health-God is the only health. God cannot send food and raiment, since God is the Bread, the Meat, the Robe. God does not give peace, security and safety-God is the only Peace, the true Security, the Fortress and the Tower. The Scriptures of the entire world say, "Seek Me." Seek not what ye shall eat or drink, but seek rather the Kingdom of God. Every mystic, seer, prophet, savior and revelator has revealed the secret of fruitful prayer, and yet, generation after generation, the world has prayed for things and conditions. We are entering upon the spiritual era of mankind when peace and plenty shall cover the land, even as mother-love enfolds the babe. The secret of life may be known through an understanding of the nature of God, since this understanding alone reveals the nature of true prayer-and prayer alone is the means of communion with God. To seek God as men usually seek Him is as futile as the worldly search for the Holy Grail or the pot of gold at the foot of the rainbow. The attempt to reach God through the prayers men have learned is impossible, since true prayer is not an activity of the mind, and therefore is completely outside the realm of words or thoughts. The secret of successful prayer is the understanding that prayer is the activity of the Soul and not of the mind. Prayers, recited, read, or thought by the human mind do not rise higher than their source, and any effect, even a seeming good, is but the effect of one mind upon another-a mental suggestion which has ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Letters_ Chapter 3, Prayer.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:54- 86K
Find Similar Documents