The Art of Spiritual Healing: Chapter VIII, Treatment Is a Realization of Omnipresence
- CHAPTER VIII TREATMENT IS A REALIZATION OF OMNIPRESENCE Many people are puzzled as to how the patient, rather than one hundred million other people, receives the benefit of a treatment if it is not necessary to know his name or his condition and if neither of these is taken into a treatment. The answer is found in the basic principle of oneness. The particular patient who has asked for help receives that help because he has reached out to the consciousness of the practitioner who understands that there is not a patient-consciousness, a practitioner-consciousness, and a God-consciousness: There is only one Consciousness-God-consciousness. When a patient turns to a truly dedicated God-conscious practitioner, he makes himself a part of that practitioner's God-consciousness. Furthermore, a person may ask for help for his child, his parents, his pet poodle, or for his crops, and in so doing he brings them to the one infinite divine Consciousness which the practitioner is. Strangely enough, a person who does not bring himself to this Consciousness may sit with his ills in the same room right next to the practitioner year in and year out and receive no benefit. Jesus walked up and down the Holy Land for three years, every day encountering the sick and the sinning, but only to those who came to him begging, "Master, Master, heal me," did he rum and say, "Do you believe that I can do this?" Only those who brought themselves into the consciousness of the Master, only those who were a part of the multitude that sat at his feet, only they received the benediction of his great blessing. Nearly everyone is surrounded with people who are in need of healing of one kind or another, and this poses the question as to what responsibility rests with a person regarding those who come within his orbit. Should treatment be withheld until help has been specifically requested? What about those in the world he sees around him who are in need of healing? Is he his brother's keeper? Such ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Realization of Omnipresence.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:33- 109K
Find Similar Documents
The GIft of Love: Chapter 4, Our Love for God
- ~ 4 ~ OUR LOVE FOR GOD Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might. Deuteronomy 6:5 That is a command. But how many persons are there in the world who feel a real love for God? Love, itself, is somewhat of an abstraction, and certainly to love an unknown or invisible God does not bring forth a very tangible or warm feeling. Eventually, however, there must come into individual consciousness a love for God that is deeper than any love that a human being has ever known. That cannot come about if we persist in thinking of God as an impersonal principle, an impersonal law, or an impersonal life. True, God is all that, but God is more than that. To me, God is very personal. Tennyson said that God is "closer . . . than breathing, and nearer than hands and feet." Surely he was not thinking of anything as cold as mathematics or as impersonal as music. He must have felt a warmth that was close to his heart, almost a personal presence. The love of which I speak is a love that comes of a union when like meets like. Only when we are in the highest state of spiritual being do we come face to face with that which is truly God. It is God the Father and God the son meeting, and in that union love is generated. That is when love is felt, not for a reason, not because we have gained what we sought, but because we have found our home in His bosom. Since only God can tabernacle with God, it is only when you and I rise above our humanhood into a state of spiritual awareness that we can meet God. Then it is literally true that God, appearing as individual being, is fusing with God, God coming into conscious union or oneness with God. It is like two persons on the same level of thought meeting and falling in love, or forming a deep and lasting friendship. In one instant there is a fusion. They know that they have known each other since time began and, as time evolves, they find that they have things in common: music, literature, or ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Chapter 4, Our Love for God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:54- 91K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: April 26, 1964, Access to Infinity
- ACCESS TO INFINITY April 26, 1964 Between Two Worlds Honolulu, Hawaii "TO BE POPULAR or not to be popular? That is the question." After a lesson such as we had this morning, it would be very easy to be popular because the message sounded so beautiful as it was coming through. It would be a simple matter to be popular by saying nothing more about it, but actually that lesson can only be of benefit in proportion to what you do with it now that you have it: "Between Two Worlds-Man of Earth, Man In Christ, Life By Grace," 1964 Oahu & Maui Series, Reel V , Side 2. Let us take the unfoldment about the source, divine consciousness, infinite consciousness being the consciousness of the men and women of the past, present, and future-going back six thousand years and looking ahead to the next six thousand years and to all the men and women who will appear on the surface of the earth. Then remember that the infinite consciousness of all the spiritual lights, inventors, composers, writers, is that same consciousness that has appeared on earth, will appear on earth, and is available to us on earth here and now. Remember that we, through our individual consciousness, have access to the infinite consciousness and that this includes not only spiritual wisdom but all of the wisdom of the ages: commercial, economic, artistic. If you go back to the wisdom schools of Egypt two thousand years B.C., you will read of the discoveries of mathematics, science, and all of the principles that govern navigation, and you will have to ask yourself, "Whence came this?" You will then discover that these men, living in monasteries with only blank walls and a very limited amount of writing material, brought forth these laws of mathematics through their hours and hours and weeks and months and years of inner searching. They were the very laws that were responsible for the road building, the palaces, temples, and pyramids which now exist in Egypt, India, China, Cambodia, and South America. Thousands of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...6, 1964, Access to Infinity.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:07- 97K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: August 16, 1963, One with God: Praying for the World
- ONE WITH GOD: PRAYING FOR THE WORLD August 16, 1963 Honolulu, Hawaii GOOD EVENING. In the early years of our study of The Infinite Way, we must abide by the specific principles of this message very carefully, very closely and very intensely, because the study and practice of these principles develops our consciousness to where we no longer hate, fear, or love the human scene. We develop our consciousness to that place where we recognize that there is something greater than ourselves functioning within us. We of ourselves could never do the things that we are called upon to do. We of ourselves could not help people to overcome serious diseases, or to lose sins and false appetites, or to mold new dispositions. There is nothing about us as people that would ever enable us to do that for another. It is only when we have been touched by that which is transcendental, by that which is spiritual, that we can at least approach Paul in his statement: "I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me," 1 or the Master's: "I can of mine own self do nothing" 2 -the Father doeth the works. The study and practice of specific Infinite Way principles raises our consciousness because it helps us to overcome fear of anything in the manifest realm. It helps us to realize the non-power of what the world calls power. As we progress in this work through study and practice, and as some measure of the spirit of God enters our consciousness, we find ourselves called upon to help others. The others may not know why they come to us-it is something they feel, but they do come and they do ask our help, and generally we can give it. Usually, by the time they come asking for help, we have the spiritual endowment that makes it possible to give them their help. Eventually this begins to dawn in the consciousness of every spiritual student, regardless of his approach: "If this that functions through me for the benefit of myself and others is so powerful, can it not then help the entire world? If I can pray ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... God_ Praying for the World.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:08- 99K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: August 4,1963, Becoming the New Man
- ... It is only with the coming of the spiritual faculty-it is only when you have inner discernment-that you learn the great secret which the mind cannot believe. God is speaking, saying: "Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine." 10 Only this can stop that mad rush to destruction, because now it is always possible to go to the source- that I within-for daily manna. Sometimes a stumbling block arises because when you do this, the flow starts very quickly and very abundantly. It is at this point that you fail to take time to discover the next bit of manna which is that you have not merely been given a sufficiency, you have been given twelve baskets to share with "the least of these my brethren." Are we doing it? What about the distribution of the twelve baskets? "What we surrender, we have; what we hold in the grasp of possession, we lose. Everything we release, we draw to us. Everything we loose, we have; everything we set free, we bind to us forever." This is spiritual law. If you receive forgiveness and do not give it, you lose it. If you receive love and do not give it, you lose it. If you receive gratitude and do not give it, you lose it because life- God-is an outflow, and only as we are letting the grace of God flow through us are we instruments of the divine. These are some of the points that you are apt to forget. You must be reminded of them, as eventually you will find it necessary to remind others, until they too have become fully acquainted with the new man which they have become and who is now able to live peacefully with the spiritual facts of life rather than with the material concepts. Do you not see why many of our students miss the way? When students begin to have some healings, some forgivings or some supplyings, they must quickly realize that these are not the demonstration-these are the fruits of the demonstration. The demonstration is the consciousness of the presence of that indwelling spirit, and all the "things" are added unto us ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...,1963, Becoming the New Man.pdf
Modified: 2017-09-07 14:12:48- 114K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: June 23, 1963, The Source
- THE SOURCE June 23, 1963 Princess Kaiulani Hotel MEN AND WOMEN OF THE ARTS, the professions, the business world, of all religions, colors and creeds, must eventually understand that the power of life that flows in them has no art, no profession, no business, no religion-and yet it produces the very intelligence and inspiration in every activity of our human lives. Artists, sculptors, painters, composers all acknowledge one source of inspiration. When you stop to think of the French or the Germans or the Russians or the Asians or the Occidentals or the whites or the blacks, you must know that the source of inspiration is one; and, when you have it, it reveals itself in whatever your particular activity may be. Let me illustrate: A man had an orchard of apple trees, all very fine apples and expensive on the market. But he had one tree from which he could derive no revenue, because the apples of this particular tree were of an inferior grade and were therefore unsalable. One year the idea came to him, "Why not graft onto that tree the limbs of some of the very good apples." He did, and shortly this tree was also producing good apples. In other words, the life that was giving expression to the apples was one life. You have witnessed this in so many different experiences. Whether it is music or art or writing, there is a source of inspiration. In the religious world this source is called God, but it need not be called God because by any other name it would be the same source of inspiration. Some call it, religiously, the Christ. In the philosophies, and especially in mystical teachings, there are many different names for the source of inspiration or the source of power or the source of life. The first step that every one of us must know is that this source exists. You will not find this difficult as you notice the rhythm of the seasons, the sun, the moon, the stars, the tides, two times two always being four, like always begetting like. You know, of course, that there is ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..._ June 23, 1963, The Source.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:16- 93K
Find Similar Documents
Invisible Supply: Chapter 2, Secrecy, The Primal Mystical Principle
- ... If we keep our needs locked up secretly within ourselves, before long the fulfillment comes, because the Father within us, who sees in secret, rewards openly. Virtues Are Shouted from the Housetops As you hold "I and my Father are one" in sacredness and secrecy within yourself, remember that it also means that "I and my neighbor are one," because we are children of the same Father. We are branches of the same tree. We are united in the tree of life. When you abide in this within yourself, you will never have to voice it. It will be shouted from the housetops that love, compassion, helpfulness, mutuality, and cooperation govern your relationships with others. It is the same thing as being honest or moral. You do not have to tell anyone that you are honest or moral because, as Emerson tells us, "What you are shrieks so loudly I cannot hear what you say." Therefore, if there is integrity in us, let us not tell each other about it. Let the other person find it out. If there is mortality in us, let us not tell anyone about it; let them find out for themselves. If there is charity or forgiveness in us, let us not tell anyone about it. Let them find out about it. By our very secrecy, God will in some way make our character known to the world. We will never have to voice it, and we will have the benefit that accrues to us from holding within ourselves our secret good and our relationship with God. One of the evils of talking is that we "leak" our good. It is as if you had invented something and told everybody about it and by the time you applied for a patent, someone else would have already patented it. It is like the woman who waited months for the sales to buy a heavy winter coat with fur trimming at half price. When the coats were on sale, she immediately phoned her friends and relatives to tell them about it. When she went to the store, she found that the coats had all been sold. Our outer experience is the externalization of our state of consciousness. We do not have ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...e Primal Mystical Principle.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:38- 98K
Find Similar Documents
Living Now: Chapter 5, God-Endowed Dominion
- ~ 5 ~ GOD-ENDOWED DOMINION The healing principles of the Infinite Way differ so radically from those found in other teachings that students who want to be successful in the practice of Infinite Way healing should work only from the standpoint of what has been given to them in this work. There are some teachings in which the practitioner endeavors to find the error that is causing the trouble and identify it with the patient. This practice is called "uncovering the error," and assumes that there is some erroneous thought in the patient, which is producing his particular disease. Early in my practice I discovered that this was not true. Evil does not originate in the patient's thought, although he may permit himself to become an outlet for it. All evil of any nature, whether it is sin, false appetite, disease, lack, or limitation, has its origin in the universal or carnal mind. The moment a practitioner knows this, he begins to set his patient free. Instead of pinning some error on to him and fastening it to him, he immediately realizes, "This does not have its origin in a person: it has its origin in the universal or carnal mind." Recognize the God in Everyone If I sit on a class or lecture platform in front of an audience, thinking that everyone in that group is the child of God with the mind of God and the Soul of God and that only God lives and works in and through him, what happens? Even though the members of the class or audience do not know that this silent realization of their true spiritual nature and origin is going on, they begin to respond to the truth about them. They do not know why, but they rejoice inwardly because I am seeing them as they are in their real nature, seeing their real Self, seeing behind the human masquerade. If, on the other hand, I were to sit on that platform and criticize the persons in the audience, resent or judge them after human standards, they would begin to twist and squirm and feel uncomfortable. Why? Because I would be ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter 5, God-Endowed Dominion.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:50- 133K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Healing: Chapter I, What Is Spiritual Heating?
- CHAPTER I WHAT IS SPIRITUAL HEALING? The world is not in need of a new religion, nor is the world in need of a new philosophy: What the world needs is healing and regeneration. The world needs people who, through devotion to God, are so filled with the Spirit that they can be the instruments through which healings take place, because healing is important to everybody. Until the last century, healing had been considered largely the prerogative of the medical profession; but in recent years, so many churches have turned their attention to this subject that today the healing of mind, body, and personal relationships is beginning to be considered as much the function of the church as of the doctor's office. Churches are opening their doors to discussions of the possibility of healing through prayer and other means. Other organizations are being formed for the purpose of engaging in research and in promoting the study and practice of various forms of healing, ranging all the way from spiritual healing to psychological and psychic healing. More and more, spiritual healing is being discussed and practiced. It looks as if within the next half century or so, materia medica will have found a remedy for almost every physical disease now known, and there will then be little need of metaphysical practitioners as far as the healing of physical disease is concerned. That, however, will not solve life's problems; it will not solve the problems of the world because the world's problem is not really a problem of disease. Disease is only one of the many facets of inharmony and discord in life. Advances in medicine will not eliminate the need for spiritual healing because, even with 100 per cent success in physical healing, I do not believe that such healing will ever succeed in revealing man's Soul to him. That will be the function of the practitioner of spiritual healing. Man will find that even when all physical, mental, moral, or financial discords have been eliminated there will ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... What Is Spiritual Heating_.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:31- 109K
Find Similar Documents
The Foundation of Mysticism: Chapter 19, Realize God as the Only Power
- ~ 19 ~ REALIZE GOD AS THE ONLY POWER I would like now to go back to the principles, and this is what is in my mind. Don't let me do you a disservice, which I could easily do if you do not make an effort to understand me correctly or if you do not insist that I clarify the situation so that you understand it. I have said to you that the ancients were absolutely right in setting up a devil or satan. They were absolutely right in understanding that there is an impersonal source of evil which tempts us, which comes to us as temptation and which never bothers us unless we succumb to the temptation. The mistake they made was to declare the devil as an opposite of God, an opponent of God, thereby giving God an eternal warfare, an eternal attempt to get rid of the devil without ever being able to succeed. Had they understood that this devil or impersonal source of evil was not power, had no law, no life, no cause, they would have freed all of us. And men verily every day in the week would have been a day of freedom-a Fourth of July. In the same way, the earliest of our metaphysical teachers were absolutely right when they set up mortal mind and called it the sum total, the source, of all error. But they made their mistake by setting up an opposite, a divine mind, and they made such statements as, "Mortal mind causes disease but divine mind cures it." That's a nice battle, too, if divine mind wins. You see, anything that sets up an opposition to God cannot be truth. God is infinite, and God has nothing, nobody, to war with. God is infinite. God is all. There is no power opposing God. Treat this devil, or mortal mind, as something you do not need to have a deep understanding about to overcome, as something you don't have to go to God for God's help to overcome. Then you can follow this exactly as the Hebrews did on one occasion: "And they rested in this word." Therefore, having seen the nothingness of devil or satan, having seen the nothingness of carnal mind or mortal mind, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...alize God as the Only Power.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:52- 81K
Find Similar Documents