The Early Years: Chapter 25, No Outlined Physical Form
- ~ 25 ~ NO OUTLINED PHYSICAL FORM We need to remember that man is not an outlined physical form, nor a finite being surrounded by limitations, but that man is an individual expression of God's being; expressing the infinite good, the eternal harmony, the allness of life, truth and love. As we dwell on the spiritual nature and character of man, leaving our so- called selfhood out of thought, our divine nature reveals itself in all forms of peace, harmony and perfection. We need to keep constantly in thought that spiritual man is complete and "has not a single quality underived from Deity." Man includes within his own consciousness the freedom and joy of God's being. Man does not sit around waiting to receive these from God, for man is the very expression of these qualities of God. All good is embraced in the divine consciousness which man reflects. This is-ness of good is the Christ, truth, revealing the omnipresence of that harmony which may at the moment appear to be absent or apart from us. Have no fear; trust the Christ as the "divine influence ever-present in human consciousness" which reveals our perfect being. Feel the peace and joy of God flooding your consciousness with his love and his life, and the light will appear. The question is frequently asked, "How may I know when a healing is complete?" To begin with, we must bear in mind that there can be no actual healing, because there is nothing to be healed. "Spirit is infinite; therefore spirit is all. There is no matter." 1 Spirit never needs healing. This is all you need to know. Regardless of appearances, "spirit is all" and spirit does not need healing. There is no "you" outside of mind, so you need no healing. Spirit being all, it is complete. Mind is all, and mind's work is forever complete. You need do no work about this, but you must accept the truth of the completeness of mind. You have no demonstration to make. All action and volition belong to God, and his demonstration (you) was complete from the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., No Outlined Physical Form.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:47- 89K
Find Similar Documents
The Only Freedom: Chapter 7, Where the Spirit of the Lord Is There Is Liberty
- ... That is all that material existence consists of, a continuous catering to the little self. When we improve and become a little better, we begin being good to our mothers and fathers and children, and we really believe that that is being spiritual. By the time that we are able to be good to our cousins, nephews, and nieces, we really think we are good spiritual people. All of that is nonsense. "Pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; . . . For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye?" 5 It profits a man nothing to be good to his parents, his children, his friends, even to his cousins and fellow Republicans or Democrats. It becomes a spiritual way of life when we can pray that God's grace illumine human consciousness, whether it be our friends or our enemies, our relatives or your relatives. It becomes a spiritual activity when we are willing for the sinners of the world to be forgiven their sins. Whether or not we can forgive them is of relative unimportance. What counts is that we be willing that God's forgiveness and God's grace touch them. The function of our meditation is, first of all, to purify ourselves of self: selfishness, self-righteousness, ego, jingoistic patriotism, all these things in which crimes are committed. Furthermore, our meditations are to eliminate or to dissipate personal sense in the patient or student who comes to us, to dissolve the grosser elements that make up material or human living. When these changes have taken place in consciousness so that we become softer, more mellow, less demanding, more forgiving, more generous, not merely in the sense of giving more dollars, but in the wider circle to which we give those dollars, the sins of the body, the diseases and the lacks of the body begin to disappear. It often does happen that a person comes to a spiritual healer for help and receives that help without any immediate sign of a change in his disposition or character taking place. Actually, that is not ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...he Lord Is There Is Liberty.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:35- 113K
Find Similar Documents
God The Substance of All Form: Chapter 6, Developing a Healing Consciousness
- ~ 6 ~ DEVELOPING A HEALING CONSCIOUSNESS Remember that the treatment is not the healing agency. The healing agency is the consciousness that is developed through the realization of the treatment. It is the Christ-consciousness of the practitioner that is the healing agency. Everyone has that Christ-consciousness as a potential, but it has to be developed, and its development is begun by overcoming in some degree the fear of disease and the fear or love of sin. Only that consciousness which has, in a measure, been purged of its hates and fears is a healing agency. People are drawn to the practitioner who has a realized Christ-consciousness, and that is why such a practitioner is so busy. Therefore, in the earlier stages of your work, treatment is necessary, or at least helpful, to lift consciousness up to the point of realization. By treatment, I do not mean any formula, any special words, but I mean realizing, no matter what the claim is that is brought to you, that right there is the wholeness, harmony, dominion, and perfection of the one God, and that harmony is, therefore, universal, impersonal, and impartial. God, the Only Activity When called upon for help where the substance of the human body seems to be involved, it must be clear that spirit, being the only substance, must be the substance and the form of the body, and spirit, being omnipresent, the perfect form also must always be present, regardless of the appearance. Spirit in all its infinite form and variety is omnipresent. While the senses say that the power or substance is in the form, spiritual illumination reveals that the power, substance, and law are ever in spirit. Let us assume that the claim is one of inaction or underaction. The bowels, the blood, or some other part of the body may be affected. Your first realization would be that all action is the activity of consciousness, that it would be an impossibility for the body to have either good or bad action because all action is the activity of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ing a Healing Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:34- 104K
Find Similar Documents
Living by the Word: Chapter 2, Spiritual Discernment of the Bible
- Chapter Two Spiritual Discernment of the Bible The Bible, which is given to us as the word of spiritual wisdom, as revelations concerning the kingdom of God, must be spiritually discerned, but today even twenty centuries after the time of the Master, some religionists are still trying to interpret this hidden word of the kingdom literally, and, of course, are failing. There is a spiritual kingdom. There is also the son of God who spiritually discerns the nature of this kingdom, the things of God, the laws of God, and who knows how to live a God-centered life. This kingdom can never be entered with the human mind or human body. It must be spiritually discerned. If the kingdom of God were attained, if the things of God were understood, and if God were known aright, there would be none of the evils so evident on every hand: none of the sins, none of man's inhumanity to man, none of the diseases. All this would be wiped out in the understanding of God, because the understanding of God would leave no trace of sin or disease. Letting Go of the Man of Earth The statement, "My kingdom is not of this world," 1 sets forth very clearly that there is a difference between "My kingdom" and "this world." Later, Paul revealed that there are two men: There is the son of God, and there is "the natural man [who] receiveth not the things of the spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." 2 "The natural man" does not have the ability to discern spiritually. And so it is that we are living partly in the world of sense, "this world," and partly in the kingdom of God, but certainly those of us who are on the path are striving to "die" to our humanhood, to "the creature," 3 to "the natural man," in order that we may be reborn spiritually as children of God with spiritual discernment. To all sincere seekers, the question arises: Is there a way for us to drop the man of earth? Can we "die" to it? Can we be reborn of the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...al Discernment of the Bible.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:47- 124K
Find Similar Documents
Collected Essays of Joel Goldsmith: Contemplative Meditation with Scripture
- Contemplative Meditation with Scripture CONTEMPLATIVE MEDITATION is the preparatory step before pure meditation without words or thoughts, and its main purpose is to keep the mind stayed on God-to acknowledge Him in all our ways-so that in quietness and in confidence we may "be still, and know that I am God." 1 We know that "the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." 2 Therefore, only in contemplative meditation, conscious of scriptural truth, can we prepare ourselves to attain our divine sonship or the Buddha mind. It is promised: "If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you." 3 In other words, if we abide in the Word and if we let the Word abide in us, we will bear fruit richly. Thus contemplating truth, we attain the gift of discernment through which we attain that truth which the "natural man" cannot know. This is affirmed in the Bhagavad-Gita. "See Me! Thou canst not! nor, with human eyes, Arjuna! Therefore I give thee sense divine. Have other eyes, new light! And look! This is My glory unveiled to mortal sight!" 4 To meditate properly-to develop the ability to practice meditation-it is necessary to understand certain spiritual principles of life. Unless a meditation has in it a conscious awareness of a spiritual principle, it will not be beneficial. It can in fact lead to just a mental stillness in which there is no spiritual fruitage or "signs following." Therefore, you must not only know why you are meditating, but you must know specific principles to take into your meditation. Let us take the major principle of life upon which a harmonious existence can be experienced: I am I. Declare this to yourself, because it is indisputable. You are not someone else: you are yourself! "I am I." In the great lesson on supply taught in Chapter 17 of 1 Kings, when Elijah asked the poor widow to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...e Meditation with Scripture.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:13- 131K
Find Similar Documents
Rising in Consciousness: Chapter 2, Unfolding Consciousness
- ~ 2 ~ UNFOLDING CONSCIOUSNESS THIS IS A CONTINUATION OF OUR CLASS YESTERDAY, a continuity of unfolding consciousness. We are taking up where we left off, and, as a matter of fact, carrying right on as we will for the rest of the week. When John was in prison he sent word to Jesus: "Art thou he that should come? 1 Is this the promised Messiah?" And Jesus did not tell him that he had been authorized or ordained, or had received a license to be a rabbi. He said, "Go and show John the things you have seen, that the sick are healed." 2 Our only authority for the work we are doing is its result, and that result must be healing, the healing of the problems of human existence! The work of healing through the spirit is never the healing of a body; never the healing of a physical condition. That is the result, but it is not the work. The work is the spiritualizing of consciousness. The work is spiritualizing consciousness, spiritualizing thought, opening consciousness to the receptivity of God. That is the work in healing. In the presence of God there are no problems, and so when you are standing, actually standing, in the conscious awareness of the presence of God, you have no sins or diseases to overcome. Of all of Jesus' statements, the greatest is, "Seek ye first the kingdom of God . . . and all these other things shall be added unto you." 3 Now the kingdom of God, the realm of God, is consciousness. The spiritual atmosphere of God is the kingdom and when you are in the spiritual atmosphere of God, all the harmonies of this world, of heaven and of earth, are added unto you. The subject of healing work is a very interesting one and there are many approaches to this practice, but I can only speak of that which has revealed itself to me. Healing work is accomplished entirely through silence! The treatments, so called, of oral explanation or the written word, are merely little ladders which we use to climb up to the point of silence. Sometimes they are necessary, most often ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... 2, Unfolding Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:06- 117K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Power of Truth: Chapter 14, God's Grace Is Yours
- CHAPTER 14 God's Grace Is Yours ABIDE IN this Word, "I am; all that God is, I am; and all that the Father hath is mine." Then you will understand all of the Infinite Way writings, because they repeat over and over the Master's words "I have meat the world knows not of. I have hidden manna. I will never leave me nor forsake me. I was with me before the world began. I will be with me unto the end of the world." Whatever it is that I even think that I need or want, I have only to go within my own being. If I am just still and patient, the assurance will come, "Be not afraid; it is I. I am thy bread, thy meat, thy wine, thy water. I will never leave thee nor forsake thee." It always comes from within. It always has come from within. Ever since my first spiritual experience, that has been my mode of life. Every time that I seem to be separated from any sense of good or any form of good, I have only to go within for the realization, and the assurance is given me. "I go before thee to make the crooked places straight." As you read the writings of The Infinite Way, you will see that the secret of The Infinite Way is in the word I. That is the secret! Even if you go back to my basic textbook, which is the very first book of all, The Infinite Way, you will see that it is founded on God appearing as man. It is not God and man, not man going to God. The whole of The Infinite Way is the revelation that God appears as man. Then all that God Is, I Am; all that the Father has Is mine. So the secret lies in going within to that I which I Am! You see, you do not know Joel at all. You are so far from knowing Joel that if you really do come to find out some day, you will be shocked at how little you ever knew him. You do not know him at all! Joel does not even know himself yet fully, and the reason is, I am Joel, and I have not yet solved the full secret of I. When I find the full secret of I, I will have the full name and identity of Joel. However, what has made The Infinite Way a ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...er 14, God's Grace Is Yours.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:23- 101K
Find Similar Documents
1954 Infinite Way Letters: Chapter 5, Knowing the Truth in Treatment
- ~ 5 ~ KNOWING THE TRUTH IN TREATMENT To those of us on the Path of The Infinite Way our goal is harmony-spiritual, eternal, immortal harmony in all of our relationships, being, body and business. In our search for the harmonies of life we have come to see that the only harmony is the harmony of God, made manifest as our individual experience. We have found that it is an impossibility to be intelligent, healthy or wealthy in and of ourselves, and that even though we gain these through material means they prove to be unsatisfactory, incomplete and impermanent. Only in the degree that we understand that God is the Intelligence of the universe, that God is the Mind, the Soul, and the Spirit of our individual being, do we have harmony as a permanent and continuing dispensation. As we come into the realization that there is no lasting safety or security, no health or wealth in the material world, we must find our new abiding-place-"an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens." How do we attain this spiritual life? How do we attain spiritual consciousness? How do we attain our freedom from "this world?" The Master showed us the way-"Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." The first step in attaining freedom from the world is learning and knowing the truth. Read and study scripture and truth books. Bring yourself into the atmosphere of those who have attained some measure of spiritual consciousness. Choose your books, your teacher or teaching only after thoughtful consideration and prayer that they be revealed to you. Each one must find within his own being his true teacher or teaching, and be faithful to them until such time as he shall be led to a higher step. In the last analysis, we shall all be taught of God. The second, and by far the most important step, is knowing the truth, not merely by reading, studying or hearing it, but also by receiving it by impartation from within your own being. In giving treatments to ourselves or others in ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...wing the Truth in Treatment.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:54- 101K
Find Similar Documents
Rising in Consciousness: Chapter 3, Practicing the Presence
- ~ 3 ~ PRACTICING THE PRESENCE THERE COULD NOT BE THE PRESENCE OF GOD and the absence of any quality of God. And that brings me right up to a couple of notes I made for today: To begin with, how many are familiar with the term "mortal mind"? Wouldn't this be a wonderful day to begin to give up the use of that term, to drop that term from your vocabulary? It has served its purpose and has had its day. Actually, there is no such thing as mortal mind since there is only one mind and that mind is God. At best, then, this thing that has been called mortal mind is not an opposite of divine mind, because divine mind, being infinite, could not have an opposite, and so this so-called mortal mind could be only suppositional. I have said to you that when you are in meditation try to give your words a specific meaning of your own. There is nothing more harmful than the use of quotations as such, because they become hypnotic in their action and will result in no benefit to you at all. Take, "I live, yet not I, the Christ liveth in me." 1 Now to begin with, this sounds beautiful; but actually, if you have not come to some conclusion as to what the Christ is, how do you know what it is that is living in you? Especially if you have not come to some understanding of that word, "Christ"? Christ does not mean what the orthodox church means: a man who lived two thousand years ago. Christ means the spirit of God that is in man; the spirit that animated Christ Jesus; the spirit that animates you. The word Christ may not mean a thing in your life, and may even set you back to some theological belief. And so it would not be wise for you to even use the word Christ unless you, yourself, had arrived at some meaning of it that made it a living presence to you! It so happens that the term "the Christ" registered very deeply with me right away. Something struck deep within me-I do not know why-and from that day to this it has been the guiding force in my life. Why? Because I do not associate it ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... 3, Practicing the Presence.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:06- 113K
Find Similar Documents
Beyond Words & Thoughts: Chapter 9, Beyond the Pairs of Opposites to Being
- ~ 9 ~ BEYOND THE PAIRS OF OPPOSITES TO BEING Infinity exists within ourselves, the infinity of any and every form that may ever be necessary to our experience. Whether that form is to appear outwardly as words, thoughts, or ideas; whether it is to appear outwardly as designs in clothing, architecture, or bridges, regardless of what form we are to bring forth on earth, its abiding place is within our consciousness. Every word of the Infinite Way message, therefore, is meant to drive us back into our consciousness to draw forth the infinity of supply that is there. Supply of every nature is as infinite and inexhaustible as the words and messages that have come out of my mouth these past years. It is new and fresh every day if we do not depend on yesterday's manna but develop the habit of going within to our consciousness to draw forth fresh supply. It is only in proportion as we think of yesterday's supply as being today's supply that we sometimes run into lack; but as we learn to turn within for a fresh supply we draw forth God's grace in new forms, bigger forms, richer forms. For seventeen years, the message that has found its way into the Infinite Way writings kept pouring through, and if it had not been the word of God, it would have been so stale and monotonous that no one would have read it. But supply is infinite; and therefore it is always fresh and new when it comes forth from the grace of God and not out of the stored-up memory of an individual. In spiritual truth, we do not depend on what we knew yesterday, nor do we even want to live on the money we had yesterday. We do not waste it, I do not mean that; but each day must be a new day in which we go within for God's grace, and we can have no idea what form God's grace is going to take. That, too, is our good fortune because that opens out the way for the new forms, the greater forms, and the greater wisdoms that are to unfold from within our consciousness. Grace Appears as Form Again I must remind you that ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Pairs of Opposites to Being.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:12- 123K
Find Similar Documents