Consciousness Transformed: February 10, 1963, Beside God There Is No Other
- BESIDE GOD THERE IS NO OTHER February 10, 1963 The Halekulani Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii ARE THERE ANY QUESTIONS from the tape that you heard this morning? Are there any points that need clarifying? I know it was a very important tape. (1960 Denver Closed Class: Advanced Spiritual Healing Class: Protective Work.) Question: I am interested in what you said about the Christian attitude towards business. You said that John Wanamaker of Philadelphia started pricing at a set price and that this was a Christian way of doing business. Can you explain? Answer: There isn't anyone in the world who is not affected by business. When we speak of the right way of doing business, we speak of business on the basis of the Golden Rule, on the Christian-conducted basis. Before Wanamaker, no store ever had a set price. Everything was bargaining ability, so at first he nearly went bankrupt. People saw the price tags and then started to bargain. At first, when they were told there was to be no bargaining, they walked out. The closer you get to a spiritual way of conducting business, the more just and equitable a type of business would be conducted. In this present era, business is about as un-Christian as it could be; we have reverted to cutthroat business. Once you start humanly manipulating prices, you will find a hundred ways of manipulating them. V ery few people are paying a fair price for the merchandise they buy; they are either paying too much or too little. The same thing is true in the stock market where some stocks are too high or too low. It all comes to this: that individually we may attempt to live our lives in accord with a principle but not be permitted to while we are in an era like this where prices are determined by outside factors. If it is the law, then we have to conform to it. That is unfortunate for those who would like to live by principles. However, it would not prevent an individual's spiritual development. Everything takes place in consciousness, not what you do ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...eside God There Is No Other.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:11- 109K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Discernment: Chapter 6, The Middle Path
- Chapter Six The Middle Path Most persons are praying to God and turning to the Christ to have their nets filled with fish instead of following the Master's teaching to leave their nets. Leave all! Do not seek companionship; seek My companionship and see what happens. There is a new dimension, another plane of consciousness, in which a person does not seek human good, human companionship, or human supply, in which he does not seek anything of a human nature. Rather he seeks to forsake his dependence on things as well as his dependence on mother, father, sister, or brother. Then he gains the spiritual sense of parenthood, childhood, husbandhood, wifehood, and spiritual wholeness. Spiritual Regeneration Is the Goal of Infinite Way Work Let us assume that someone who is ill has asked for help. With that call for help, you are being presented with a human being, at the moment ill and aging. Even if he is only sixteen years of age, he is aging. In traditional metaphysical practice the idea is to make this person well. If he tells you that he has a temperature of 104 degrees, and calls up later to say that it has gone down to 102, you breathe a sigh of relief and say, "Isn't that fine?" An hour later he calls and tells you that it is 98.6. Ah, that's perfect! The next person may call because he has burned himself and is in pain, but when an hour later there is not even a scar where the burn was, again comes that sigh of relief. The call may come that another person is dying, and the doctor's prognosis is that he will be gone in three hours, but three hours after the call for help the patient is sitting up, drinking orange juice. Again comes that sense of "How wonderful!" That is all based on the fact that John Jones was dying, but now he is alive. As a matter of fact he may be so alive that he goes to work the next day and is run over by a trolley car. In the early years of my practice I had two experiences similar to that. After years of being under a doctor's care, a man ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Chapter 6, The Middle Path.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:14- 124K
Find Similar Documents
The Altitude Of Prayer: Chapter 4, This Is Immortality
- ~ 4 ~ THIS IS IMMORTALITY LIFE, REAL LIFE, is lived in consciousness; it is lived in the secret place within ourselves. We do not begin to suspect what the God-life can be until we have contacted that fountain of Life within us. We are not really living if we think of life as something that exists between what is called birth and death. This is not life. This life is, as one of the ancient mystics called it, a parenthesis in eternity. It is often pictured as a circle and is usually spoken of as being eternal. But if we live only inside the parenthesis that begins with birth and ends at death, we are missing the greatest part of life, the eternal, infinite, and immortal structure in which we discover God's creation. In this brief interval called the parenthesis, we live largely in man's creation, and we miss God's creation. We miss the life and love of God; we miss sharing in the life and love of one another. If we know each other only as human beings, we are cheating ourselves of a tremendous delight. We are offspring of God, filled with the love, the life, and the Spirit of God, and this we must recognize. All the joys of spiritual being are embodied in us for sharing. That is why we are on earth. When the Master said, "I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly," 1 did he mean that one man out of all the world's history had come to earth that we might have life? No, he meant that I within each of one of us has come that you and I might enjoy a more abundant life with each other. He also said that he had come to bring resurrection and life eternal. Then why have you and I come? Would it not be a sad commentary on God, if one of us were here to bring joy, peace, health, and freedom to the world, and the rest of the world were to do nothing but sit back and receive it? It would be unfortunate if it were given only to a dozen mystics to know and enjoy God and the spiritual nature of mankind. But life is not like that at all. It ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter 4, This Is Immortality.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:25- 124K
Find Similar Documents
A Parenthesis in Eternity: Chapter V, Sowing and Reaping
- CHAPTER V SOWING AND REAPING Most people of the world believe that the evils they experience have come upon them because of their sins of omission or commission. Essentially this is true. But because they also believe that God has inflicted these evils upon them as a punishment, they have been cheated of the opportunity of avoiding them in the future. As long as they believe that God, for any reason whatsoever, would sink a ship, let an airplane fall, or permit children or adults to be mangled, lost, drowned, or suffer disease, they cheat themselves of the opportunity of learning why these ills have come upon them, and what they can do to prevent them from touching their households. The sun, the moon, and the stars were certainly not given by God to the people of the earth as a reward for anything, nor were the silver and the gold, the platinum and the diamonds, the rubies and the sapphires in the bowels of the earth, nor the pearls and the immeasurable riches in the sea. All these are but the natural order of creation appearing in wondrous ways, but never given as a reward from God, nor withheld as a punishment. The real nature of God is to express Himself, to express His qualities, character, and nature as a harmonious universe. If we could but see this world without people, we might better be able to understand that it is a perfect creation of God, functioning harmoniously and operating continuously. Whatever problems arise, arise not from the world as such but from man himself. Acknowledging, then, that God is the creator of this universe, the maintainer and sustainer of it, and that God governs this universe perfectly, without any help, advice, or urging from man, we stop holding God responsible for our ills and turn within and ask ourselves, "What about error? What about evil? Whence come these, and how can we rid ourselves of them?" One of the first steps for anyone on the spiritual path is to learn that on the human level of life there is such a thing as ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...apter V, Sowing and Reaping.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:59- 125K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness In Transition: Chapter 1, Spiritual Healing
- ~ 1 ~ SPIRITUAL HEALING PREACHING WITHOUT PRACTICE is one of the most deadly of sins, for we must practice what we preach. The first thing that we, as metaphysicians, preach is that without God there is nothing and we exemplify that with: "Except the Lord build the house they labor in vain that build it." 1 We do not use quotations in this work as quotations, and we must now break the habit of using them as such. You have heard people say, "I do not feel well." Then someone, maybe you, replied, "Oh, no! There is no illness." You did not mean it. You did not know it. They were sick insofar as their sense and yours were concerned. If you had had a consciousness of the truth that they were not sick, you would not have said a word, you would just have smiled. They would have said, "I Am well!" The same with the quotation, "Except the Lord build the house, they labor in vain that build it." A beautiful quotation, but it remains a quotation until you understand it. Here is what I mean by using quotations with understanding. We will start this class with that quotation: "Except the Lord build the house, they labor in vain that build it." Unless God is the mind of me there will be no truth expressing itself through or as me. Unless God is the mind of you, you will not even understand the truth that is being voiced. Since God is universal mind-since God is my only mind-the only thing that will be voiced in this room is truth expressing itself, God expressing and revealing itself. Since God is the mind of you, God will be revealing itself unto itself. Mind will be expressing its truth unto itself. Truth will not pass from me to you; it will not pass from God to you. The entire activity of truth will take place in the one Mind-the mind of me, which is the mind of you. Why is this the most important part of the entire teaching? Because I expect that from this moment on, every one of you will be called upon to do healing work. The first thing that you must remember is that you ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 1, Spiritual Healing.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:19- 129K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness In Transition: Chapter 4, Thought Is Not Power
- ~ 4 ~ THOUGHT IS NOT POWER IT POPPED INTO MY HEAD ONE DAY that thought is not a power, it is an avenue of awareness. It shocked me for a moment, having it come out of a clear sky when I was not asking for it. Then I saw that I, through the avenue of thought, can become aware of people in this room and know whether they are dressed in brown or green or black, but no amount of thinking I do can make it so. Not my thought and not all the thought in this room will change that which is in this room. Therefore, thought, to me, becomes an avenue of awareness. Through thought I have become aware of the great truth that you are the Christ of God. That is what you are and have been since time began. It just took me a long time to find it out-and others are still finding it out. But it was always true, since, "Before Abraham was I am," and nobody's thinking did it. It just is so, as a law of God; and, "Lo, I will be with you always . . ." 1 even unto the end of this human belief of things. Certainly I will, and that is the Christ, the mind that was in Christ Jesus, the soul or spirit of God. If we took all the practitioners out of business today, it should make no difference to a person who has been on this path for any length of time. Our great sin is when we have patients or students for a year or two who still have not learned that God is their infinite, individual, invisible, eternal life, when we have not made it sufficiently clear that the body is the temple of the living God. With a year of this kind of instruction, a body should be reflecting it. The minute you begin to know that the mind that was in Christ Jesus is your mind, from that moment on it is doing something to your body, your business, your income, your human relationships and family relationships. It may seem slow in the beginning, unless you have a tremendous light such as Saul had when he became Paul. In that case it might be quick, but even there, it was nine years after Saul had that experience before ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter 4, Thought Is Not Power.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:19- 104K
Find Similar Documents
The Foundation of Mysticism: Chapter 16, Know the Truth
- ~ 16 ~ KNOW THE TRUTH I'm going to digress for a moment to answer a very important question that came up during our break. In my former metaphysical training, we were told not to specifically treat anyone unless he asked for it, because it hurried him along too fast spiritually, like pulling a child by the arm. There were other reasons, too. But this would be absolutely true if you were working in the mental realm. In other words, you have no more right to enter a person's mental household uninvited than you have to enter his home. Each person should be permitted the integrity of his own mind, his own body, his own home, his own supply, without anyone intruding uninvited. If a person were ill-and for all you know he might be depending upon materia medica-you would have absolutely no right to try to heal him by your means, any more than if you were ill and relying on spiritual means, would you want somebody to stuff medicine into your mouth or take advantage of your being unconscious to otherwise medicate you. You wouldn't want that because you have determined your way of life, even to the extent that you would rather pass from this scene under your own principles of health rather than to remain here under medication or by surgery. I've known many cases like that. To give a person treatment through mental practice means you are entering the household of his mind and interfering with his mental processes, probably even disturbing him. You have no right to do that. If you are working from the mental standpoint of giving treatment to people, don't do it unless you are asked to. It is not your right. And as long as you are following the teaching of the Infinite Way, you will never give anyone a treatment, not only uninvited, but not even if you are invited to, because we do not give treatment to anyone. Never, under any circumstance, do we give treatment to anyone, even if they should ask for it. Why? That is not the procedure of the Infinite Way healing principles. The ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Chapter 16, Know the Truth.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:52- 150K
Find Similar Documents
The Government of Eden: Chapter 8, When We Spread Fear, Rumor, ...
- VIII when we spread fear, rumor, hysteria, and mass confusion O N EVERY HAND mankind is gripped by fear in the face of nerve-shattering world conditions, and those of us who have been able, even in a measure, to see the unreal nature of the evil rampant in the world have not only the responsibility of releasing people from their fears but, in releasing them from their fears, preventing the greater tragedy that their fears may bring upon them. People do not fear because they are cowards; they fear because they are gripped by universal hypnotism that makes them act in ways foreign to their nature. It is mass hysteria, having its foundation in ignorance. The evils that befall us are not in God or man but rather in the conditioning that we have received through the ignorance that has been foisted upon us from time immemorial. In other words, every time that we give power to a person, a thing, or a condition, our consciousness is showing forth its conditioning, and to that extent, we become victims of it. It might come as a surprise to see how easy it would be for some person, either for a specific purpose or an experiment, to show us how quickly we could be made to distrust one another, and then, in the end, fear one another. It has been done over and over and over again. It is a very simple thing to condition the minds of persons who are not alert so that they unthinkingly accept the opinions, thoughts, and beliefs of others and respond robot- like to individual suggestions or mass hysteria. If we listened to all the propaganda and the opinions of others, very soon we would be fighting not only with our families but with our neighbors and the whole world. The question is this: To whom do we give allegiance? To whom do we surrender our minds and our thoughts? It is very difficult for persons who have not been taught the value of meditation to turn within to the Presence for Its guidance, instruction, and wisdom. Instead, they rely on opinions gathered from newspapers, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...overnment of Eden_Chapter 8.pdf
Modified: 2021-01-25 13:32:06- 84K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: April 1958, The Message of Easter I Have Over Come The World
- ... It is essential that we do not hasten past this unfoldment until we have thoroughly learned that our health, our supply, and the harmony of our human relationships are not dependent on human effort alone or human wisdom alone or on physical power, as we have believed because of our experience in the human scene; but rather that every word of God, entertained in our consciousness, eventually becomes the harmony of our daily experience. Now we learn the true meaning of Jesus' words, "I have meat to eat that ye know not of." 6 Understanding the word of God, and abiding in this Word and letting this Word abide in us, we have an inner substance, an inner source of good, an inner healer and saviour- the meat that the world knows not of. We crucify human fears and doubts when, instead of rushing about madly and, with worry and concern, undertaking the tasks of each day, we can relax in the realization: "I am the bread and the wine and the water. All those things the world feverishly seeks through anxious thought and much physical labor are already mine." We relax in God's assurance, "Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine." 7 Here too, is crucifixion in another form, the crucifixion of unrest, distrust, and burdensome labor. Pondering the Master's message of forgiveness so often repeated in the Gospels-the message of forgiving "seventy times seven" all those who abuse us, and forgiving even to the extent of praying for those who persecute us and deal unjustly with us-we further learn that, in the degree in which we put this message into practice, do we crucify our hate, prejudice, bigotry, and our fear of our fellow-man. Meditating deeply upon the message of the Master, which reveals that it was his mission, the Christ-mission, to heal the sick, raise the dead, open the eyes of the blind, and open the ears of the deaf, we realize that this He, who says, "I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. 8 . . . I am with you alway, even unto the end of the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... I Have Over Come The World.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:57- 149K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: December 1957, Tithing with Melchisedeo
- CHAPTER TWELVE: DECEMBER Tithing with Melchisedec THE scriptural record of the birth of Christ Jesus is the account of a little child, born to a very insignificant couple with no status in the world, a Jewish carpenter and his wife, who are on their way to Jerusalem to bring tithes for the annual celebration at the temple. If you read this story with the eyes of the world, you will miss its real importance. Here are two obscure and unknown people to whom a child is born, and yet instantly something unusual takes place: Wise men come to pay homage to that child, and they come bringing their choicest gifts. From every direction, people come, all of them bringing gifts in recognition of That to which they are paying homage. Neither Mary nor Joseph made any effort to attract such attention to themselves, and certainly the baby could do nothing but lie there, perhaps crying a little and sleeping a great deal more. Yet, without a single effort, people came from near and far to bring their offerings, their worship, and their adoration. No infant of itself is of such importance as to attract that amount of attention. Usually only parents, grandparents, brothers, or sisters are drawn to an infant. Then what was it that drew unto this particular baby the wise men and worshippers from great distances except that which this babe represented? Something was present in this child and that Something was the Christ. It was not the child, itself, which brought such adoration to it, but the Christ of which this child was the embodiment. There is a Presence and a Power which human beings can never explain and which human beings can never see. Only wise men, those of an illumined state of consciousness, can perceive spiritual entity embodied in a little child. Only those gifted with spiritual wisdom could know or be drawn to that spiritual light. When Herod the king had heard these things, he was troubled. . . . And when he had gathered all the chief priests and scribes of the people ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...7, Tithing with Melchisedeo.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:59- 152K
Find Similar Documents