Consciousness Transformed: February 17, 1963, God Constitutes My Consciousness
- GOD CONSTITUTES MY CONSCIOUSNESS February 17, 1963 The Halekulani Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii LET US MAKE A MOVE that separates us from most of the metaphysical world. As humans we have our supply in money, or the representation of money, and we find health in the body. If the heart beats so many times, if the assimilation acts according to this rule, if the elimination acts according to that rule, then we have health. We associate intelligence with the brain and we find our life in breathing. Take away our breathing and we have no life, or we find our life in the functioning of the heart. When you come to our work, what you are really doing is making a transition, so that your healing work is never in correcting what is wrong in the body or the mind or the pocketbook. I think it is in The Infinite Way that you will find, "You cannot meet a problem on the level of the problem." So, if you are faced with a problem, if you try to do something to that problem, you would not succeed. You first have to move outside the realm of the problem in order to find harmony. We find our harmony in spirit, and you might call this the point of demarcation or separation. We find our harmony in spirit, in consciousness. Since God is consciousness, and since God is supply, we find our supply in God or in consciousness. In the same way, since God is health, we find our health in God or in consciousness. Even the Bible knew this, that "God is the health of your countenance." 1 Yes, health must be found not in the body but in consciousness- then the body expresses health. Likewise with supply. You must leave the realm of the mental and material and find yourself elevated to consciousness. We have to find our health, we have to find our supply, we have to find our intelligence in consciousness; even our longevity we must find in consciousness. If we try to perpetuate ourselves by patching up the body, the results would be temporary. Medically it is possible to change sickness to health and, if ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...onstitutes My Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:12- 98K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: July 14, 1963, Removing the Veil
- REMOVING THE VEIL July 14, 1963 Princess Kaiulani Hotel GOOD AFTERNOON. Almost everybody comes to the study of The Infinite Way for the "loaves and fishes." Only rarely does anyone come to learn the truth of life; but sooner or later those who remain in this message are forced into making a decision: "Choose ye this day whom ye will serve," God or demonstration-seeking God or seeking through God to get more and better human good. As we seek and discover the kingdom of God, things are "added unto us" on the spiritual path, but by then we are no longer interested in the things. We learn that Moses put a veil on truth and Jesus Christ removed it; but remember if Moses placed a veil on truth it must have been unveiled when it came into his possession or awareness, and of course it was. Truth had been revealed in Egypt, and because of this Egypt knew centuries of great prosperity and experienced the discovery of great natural laws. Moses received his earliest training in Egypt and, while he did not receive truth there, eventually he was turned in the right direction so that truth could be revealed to him at the right moment. Because it was revealed, it enabled him to be the means through which the Hebrews were taken out of slavery and brought into the promised land. He veiled the truth from the people, perhaps because of some early experience in trying to reveal it, or because his Egyptian training had convinced him that truth should be veiled. Many Hebrew prophets between Moses and Jesus discovered the truth, but there is no known record of any of them, with the possible exception of Isaiah, making an effort to reveal to the people the secret. Jesus removed the veil and he was crucified for it. Authority, whether in the church or in the government, did not rest well if the people knew the truth. That condition does not exist at the present time; the church today is as eager to know the truth as the people are. It is very much aware that at the moment it has not found ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...14, 1963, Removing the Veil.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:14- 111K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: September 29, Spiritual Discernment
- SPIRITUAL DISCERNMENT September 29, 1963 Princess Kaiulani Hotel GOOD AFTERNOON. Before we started on our 1959 lecture and class trip, I was instructed within that our students did not really understand the healing principles of The Infinite Way. For this reason I was to devote that year to giving them the specific healing principles of The Infinite Way as clearly as possible, because these principles are totally different from those of any metaphysical healing approach. This does not always seem apparent in reading the writings because we all use the words God, Christ, spirit, prayer, meditation, treatment. Therefore, unless a student is alerted, it is natural that he would not realize that these words have entirely different meanings in the message of The Infinite Way than those to which he has been accustomed. So I spent the year 1959 traveling the world, giving classes everywhere on the specific healing principles of this message. In 1960, 1961, and 1962 I was given a specific subject each year, so that the students might eventually be prepared for the higher works. At the beginning of 1963 I had already arranged a very heavy schedule of lectures and classes to be conducted from January through May, but again I received inner instructions to cancel all of these plans in order to prepare the students for that which was to come. I remained at home, doing no public work this year. I have been teaching four days a week, but I have been teaching only those who were invited to be taught, those who were the most ready, so that with them and through them the new work could be given. Since the middle of August we have recorded on papers, and in two new series of tapes, the mystical message of The Infinite Way, the message that cannot be learned with or through the mind. The message first of all develops, and then governs, that part of man which we know as the Soul faculties, or spiritual consciousness, or the Soul of man. Every individual who has ever been born and every ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...r 29, Spiritual Discernment.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:22- 121K
Find Similar Documents
Invisible Supply: Chapter 1, The Principle of Supply
- ... Being grateful for the fish in the sea, the birds in the air, the cattle on a thousand hills, the trees that bloom, for all that we witness from waking until sleeping, for the fact that the principle of life is at work for us even while we are sleeping is to me the highest form of gratitude, because there is nothing personal in it. It is a sense of gratitude that the infinity of God is omnipresent for all of us to share. The fact that so few receive from this infinite abundance has nothing at all to do with God. There is no favoritism on the part of God. God does not give more to one than to another. God has no favorite children, no favorite race, no favorite nation, nor does God reward the virtuous and punish the sinful. It is difficult to accept the doctrine of God's rewarding the virtuous and punishing the sinful when one sees so many sweet, virtuous people suffering disease or lack while so many rascals abound in health and supply. Our supply is in direct proportion to our receptivity; that is, the degree of gratitude that we express, the degree of bread that we place upon the waters in the form of benevolence, forgiveness, praying for our enemies, and so forth demonstrates our receptivity, because then we are expressing the spiritual principle of supply. Tithing Years ago gratitude was expressed by tithing to the church, the source of spiritual food and spiritual comfort. The church was also often the only source of material help. When tithing was directed to the church from a sense of gratitude for its benevolence, it was a blessing to both the giver and the receiver. However, eventually some shrewd individuals figured out that by giving 10 percent they might get 90 percent in return, and tithing became a percentage deal. Because of this, tithing lost its effectiveness and eventually disappeared as a general custom, although it continued among the Mormons, the Quakers, and some minority groups. But, on the whole, tithing is no longer recognized, as it once ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... 1, The Principle of Supply.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:38- 115K
Find Similar Documents
Our Spiritual Resources: Chapter Eleven, What Have You in the House?
- ... Do not be reckless and give more than you have; do not run up a charge account and trust God to meet it next month. First provide the money needed this month out of the infinity of your being, and then go and spend it next month. Demonstrate it first and spend it next. Do not spend it first and trust God next. Do your trusting first. It is possible that you have dammed up inside of you the very thing that you want. Probably most of you would like to be forgiven for some act of omission or commission in your life, and the way to gain that forgiveness is to forgive. Begin to forgive all those who have despitefully used you, all those who have persecuted and wronged you. Begin to forgive all the dictators and tyrants of the world who have been a direct or indirect cause of suffering in your experience. Begin to forgive those members of your family who are not appreciative of what you do for them. Begin right now to ask that they never be punished for their sins. Our prayer should be, ... Do not be concerned whether or not you can buy a yacht or a private plane, but ask yourself, "Can I take a few pennies every day and secretly send them out where they will do someone some good?" Always remember that what alms you do must be done in secret. Always remember to retire every day into a quiet corner, and ask yourself this question, "What have I in the house today?" Today it may be a quarter; tomorrow it may be a little more love or a little more patience, kindness, tolerance, or forgiveness. Every day it will be something different; and, therefore, if you embark on the spiritual path, you must ask yourself this question every day because every day will make its particular demands upon you, and these you must fulfill. So be prepared to pour. Discipline yourself so that you never expect good to come to you, but always expect it to flow out from you. LOOK ONLY TO GOD In the same way, do not look to anyone for gratitude; do not look to anyone for appreciation; do not look to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...What Have You in the House_.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:59- 103K
Find Similar Documents
The Contemplative Life: Chapter 12, The Spiritual Christmas
- ~ 12 ~ THE SPIRITUAL CHRISTMAS In the account of the advent of the Christ in the Gospel according to St. Luke, the Christ was born in a manger because "there was no room for them in the inn." 1 There was no room in the inn, and so the Christ was born in the stable of the inn. Esoterically, the meaning of this is that the human consciousness, which is the place of enjoyment, comfort, and revelry, never has room for the Christ. When there is a sufficiency of supply, health, and the comforts of home life, rarely is there room in that consciousness for the Christ, and because of this human complacency, usually it is only when sickness, sin, or poverty is experienced that consciousness is ready to receive the revelation of the Christ. More often than not, it is the sick, the sinning, and the poor who are the seekers. Probably in the beginning they seek relief only from their evil, discordant, or unhappy conditions, but sooner or later they awaken to the fact that there is a deeper meaning to the activity of the Christ than merely the healing of the sick or even the raising of the dead. It is then that consciousness is opened to receive the spiritual Impulse. Within the consciousness of every person in the world, and in the consciousness of all those who have been here and of all those who have not yet come to this plane of existence, there is this spiritual Spark, that which is called the Christ, a Spark which is kindled only as man seeks for It and learns to turn within to find It. Isaiah Reveals the Christ In trying to understand the Christ, it is necessary to know Its function and the meaning of the kind of a life that is lived when the Christ is realized. More than any other Hebrew prophet, Isaiah caught the vision of the Christ, and from beginning to end the Book of Isaiah is replete with wisdom concerning the Christ: Woe to them that go down to Egypt for help; and stay on horses, and trust in chariots, because they are many; and in horsemen, because they are very ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...12, The Spiritual Christmas.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:39- 125K
Find Similar Documents
Collected Essays of Joel Goldsmith: A Lesson to Sam
- ... It is His good pleasure to give you the kingdom, and God does not even hold you in punishment for your sins. Even though you make a mistake, even though you commit a sin, if you are truly repentant in the sense that you realize that you have sinned and that it wasn't right, in that instant you are forgiven. You do not carry around the penalty any longer than you carry around the obstinacy of believing you are right when you know in your heart and Soul you are wrong. Do you understand that? You cannot go around and do wrong and not acknowledge it to yourself and expect that you can receive God's grace. You receive God's grace every time you acknowledge within yourself, "I know I've done wrong," or perhaps, "I don't know that I've done wrong, but if I have, wipe it out, because it wasn't intentional. I never mean to do wrong, but always want to do unto others as I would have others do unto me." In that way, you purify yourself. I have been healed of illnesses merely by asking God's forgiveness for my sins; and of course, my sins are not major ones because you know that is not our mode of living. But whatever it is-when we are guilty of holding people in criticism or condemnation, or when we are not loving enough or forgiving enough-we are sinning against the Holy Spirit. So it is a wholesome thing once in a while to go to God and say, "I realize that humanly I haven't been perfect; therefore, forgive my sins, forgive my trespasses, and let's start all over again." In this way, Sam, you will learn the greatest lesson that I have ever learned, and that is that the place whereon I stand is holy ground. God is right here where I am, and God is available the very minute that I stop talking and stop thinking and turn within in humility, acknowledging God's grace, God's power, God's Spirit within me, and then relax for just a minute or two and let that Spirit take over. That really is all there is to the whole Infinite Way. All the writings of The Infinite Way are only for ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Goldsmith_ A Lesson to Sam.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:12- 79K
Find Similar Documents
Leave Your Nets: Chapter 4, Open Out a Way
- ~ 4 ~ OPEN OUT A WAY Since there seems to be a sense of separation between the Father and us, and between all those who are to play a part in our life's experience, our work is to realize our oneness with the Father, the one consciousness, and then we automatically become one with every spiritual being. There is but one consciousness, and that consciousness, functioning as your consciousness and as mine, is the connecting link between you and your world and me and my world, establishing us in oneness with all those who are a part of our fulfillment. Unless we wish to engage in a daily battle of competition, a daily battle of trying to work with persons antagonistic to our ideas, unless we wish to take our chance with whether we will have the right employer or right employee, or whether we will deal with those who are the right people for us or the wrong- unless we wish to do that, we must establish firmly our oneness with the Father before we leave our home in the morning to embark upon any enterprise, commercial, social, or ministerial, realizing that the consciousness of the Father, which is our consciousness, is the consciousness of every individual. Therefore, all those ready for the experience of association with us, by the attraction of that consciousness, are brought to us, and in the same way, we are led to everyone we can serve or bless. When we understand our connection with the vine, we do not compete with any man. We do not fight, we do not war with him or sue him because we have access to the infinite source of our being, and it is this source that feeds and supplies us even while it is feeding and supplying all the other branches on the tree. So instead of looking to one another for our needs, we learn to look to the one universal life that is flowing through all of us, and receive our good from it. Then everything works together for good, and we are led to where we can work with others, benefit from and cooperate with them, and yet not live off them. ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..._ Chapter 4, Open Out a Way.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:40- 117K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Meditation: Chapter VIII, Ye Are the Temple
- CHAPTER VIII YE ARE THE TEMPLE Know ye not that ye are the temple of God . . . that your body is the temple . . . of the living God." I CORINTHIANS 16:19 The body is the temple of the living God, a temple not made with hands, not mortally conceived, but eternal in the heavens; that is, eternal in time and space; eternal in life; eternal in spirit, in soul, and in substance. God made all that was made, and all that God made was made of God, partaking of the very nature of God which is eternality, immortality, and perfection. God made the body in Its own image and likeness. God is life. An activity of God, operating in a seed, brings forth a child with all the potentialities of adulthood embodied in one tiny little form-not merely a piece of matter, but an intelligence and a soul accompanying that body. The Spirit of God does this, but, in his vanity, man has arrogated to himself the role of a creator. Men and women have assumed that because they were fathers and mothers they were originators, instead of knowing that they are the instruments through which God acts to express Himself-not to perpetuate you or me, or my children or your children. God operates as love in our consciousness to produce His own image and likeness. This expression of God we have called your child and mine, forgetting that this is God's child, and not a personal creation or a personal possession. We pray to God to maintain and sustain our children; but they are not our children: they are God's children. It is not necessary to pray that God maintain and sustain His own children. It is God's prerogative to create, maintain, and sustain Its own image and likeness. God is the creator of all that is. God, then, is the creator of man's body. "Know ye not that your body is the temple of the living God?" We call this body your body and my body, but it is not ours. It is God's body, formed by Him for His pleasure, made in His image and likeness, governed by His law, and created to show forth His glory. ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter VIII, Ye Are the Temple.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:29- 85K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Healing: Chapter XII, God Is Our Destiny
- CHAPTER XII GOD IS OUR DESTINY Spirit is forever in operation drawing unto us our own, whatever that own is, whether in human relationships or in business. There is an invisible activity which draws us to our rightful employment, our rightful marriage, our rightful city, or our rightful nation. Day by day the Father gives us the work of each day, and with that work always comes the recompense and reward. Most of us would perhaps agree that the majority of the problems besetting us have to do with regrets for the past or fears of the future. Usually at the present moment we are all right. If we could live in this minute, content to know that the power of God is in operation and be willing to let that continue, there would be no concern about the past and very little about the future. In one way or another, we would know day by day what to do, and sometimes we might even know a few weeks in advance. It has been my experience that God seldom reveals what His purpose is for me very far in advance. When you reach the stage in your experience where your life is a devotion to whatever of a constructive nature you are doing at the moment and you recognize that your livelihood is coincidental to that work; when you can find something in your work that is in the nature of a service to be performed, never again will your business be a burden and never will it be a failure. Living from day to day with the one objective of making money or making a living may result in success, but on the other hand it may just as possibly result in failure. The ultimate outcome is not foreordained. But when you have found something into which you can put your heart and soul, into which you can pour out some measure of service, even if in the beginning it is the most menial of labors, if you can find that the doing of your work is of some service to somebody, it will lead you on to higher forms of activity. If your consciousness is filled with service and co-operation, then your activity, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter XII, God Is Our Destiny.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:34- 103K
Find Similar Documents