A Parenthesis in Eternity: Chapter XXX, God Made This World for Men and Women
- CHAPTER XXX GOD MADE THIS WORLD FOR MEN AND WOMEN Man is a prisoner of his mind. He is locked up inside his mind just as a little chick is locked up inside the egg. If it could look around inside the shell, it would see only darkness; it might even feel a sense of hunger and find no food there, and certainly, above all things, no companionship. In this lone, tightly locked up shell, that little chick must wonder what it has to live for. There is nothing for it to be happy about, but on the other hand, there is also nothing to be unhappy about: it has never known the world so it does not know what it is missing. All it knows is what it is experiencing while locked up inside the shell, and yet it does not even know that it is locked up inside its shell. As far as the chick is concerned, it might stay on there forever, living in that darkness. It might even find enough food in the shell to keep it alive. It would not really be living: it would be existing, and of itself it could no nothing about it. There it is, and it looks as if there it is doomed to be. But fortunately for these little chicks, there is something beyond themselves, there is something that causes a chick to peck at the shell, and to keep pecking and pecking at it until it breaks a hole in it and sees some light. Imagine what goes on in a little chick's mind when it begins to catch a ray of light from outside, and realizes that there is something out there that it has not seen, something it has not felt, some place it has not been. It keeps pecking away, and pecking away. It knows nothing about an outside world; it has no desire to get out; and probably left to itself, it would be satisfied with the comfort of the shell in which it is enfolded; but there is a something that eventually compels the chick to break open that shell and come outside, and find a great big world in which to go looking for food, and other chicks with which to play. In the first six hours that that chick is out of the shell, it ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...his World for Men and Women.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:06- 112K
Find Similar Documents
Awakening Mystical Consciousness: Chapter 2, Releasing Spiritual Power
- ... The laws of God cannot function in a consciousness filled with false concepts. We must attune ourselves to the Divine. If we look at persons and see all their human differences, before long we will like some and dislike others; we are going to trust some and distrust others. We will have so many differences that our own minds will be confused. If, however, we can recognize that, regardless of appearances, Divinity is the nature of every person's being and that God made us in His own image and likeness, we are knowing the truth about all persons. Whether one is acting it out here on earth or not is none of our business; and if we are aware of any sin in another, instead of sitting in judgment, we should inwardly practice the New Testament principle: "Judge not, that ye be not judged." 18 Therefore, we will not judge: we will take the attitude: "Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do." 19 We are realizing that every person is a branch of the same tree, the Tree of Life. In that, there is no judgment, no criticism. There is forgiveness "seventy times seven," 20 forgiveness and a praying that their eyes be opened. This is attuning ourselves to the Divine, making ourselves receptive to divine healing, to divine Grace, to divine protection because we have wiped out our human concepts of persons and are seeing them as the image and likeness of God, seeing them spiritually as the very Christ of God. We are not using our human judgment; we are using our spiritual intuition to recognize that God made all of us in His own image and likeness and looked on us and found us good. There is nothing in us of criticism, of condemnation, of judgment; and, therefore, our consciousness is open to receive the grace of God. If we believe there are two powers, we are setting up a barrier in our own consciousness. If, however, we are realizing Omnipotence, Omniscience, and Omnipresence, we are again attuning ourselves to the exercise of spiritual power, spiritual wisdom. In the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., Releasing Spiritual Power.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:07- 126K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness In Transition: Chapter 9, Making the Adjustment
- ~ 9 ~ MAKING THE ADJUSTMENT NOW I WANT TO EXPLAIN that for tonight at least, I would like you to be very indulgent and very patient while we do a little adjusting. This is the first class I have ever had where we represent such varying states of consciousness. Because of that I want to make a little explanation and then bring together the adjustment of thought. Some here are widely experienced in metaphysical work from the standpoint of the Christian Science viewpoint; some are widely experienced in metaphysical work from the standpoint of other metaphysical approaches; others are almost beginners in metaphysical work and the spiritual approach to life. So, when I talk I am reaching three different thought patterns and expecting all those three to understand the same thing in the same way and it can't be done. For that reason I think this evening should be devoted to bringing about a sort of equalization to see if everybody tonight, after a week of being together, can see what the approach is; then from here on, for everyone to understand the language we use and all that it means. For that reason I would like to start this evening off with questions-questions from you to me and, if necessary, some from me to you. We will see if we can, by means of these questions, answer some of the differences that may exist. One reason for all of this is that I doubt there is any teaching now current that parallels this one. I don't mean by that, that there is any truth we are expressing or voicing that isn't included in all teaching; I don't mean that. I mean that the particular approach, the particular meaning of the truth or use of the truth or the purpose of the teaching is probably different from almost any other teaching in the metaphysical field. To begin with, I will explain this. On the positive side, which is the side of right identification, we are standing wholly on the revelation of Jesus as given in the Gospel according to John. We are not deviating from that in any ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...er 9, Making the Adjustment.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:20- 124K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: April 19, 1964, Experience God
- EXPERIENCE GOD April 19, 1964 Between Two Worlds Honolulu, Hawaii WE ARE GOING to continue the subject "Between Two Worlds" and so, in your meditation, let thought go into that period between two worlds and see what kind of an unfoldment you can be aware of. The secret of the two worlds is buried within your own consciousness and, regardless of how much I may tell you about it, you still will not know it until you have received confirmation, instruction, or inspiration on it from within your Self. Please remember this: This Infinite Way message is unique in that it does not teach you to rely on the teaching, the books, or the revelator. The Infinite Way has a teacher and books and teachings only for the purpose of leading you back to the kingdom of God within your Self, so that you may be taught of God. Always remember that the world has lost truth because the followers of religious teachings have begun to let the Buddha or Jesus Christ or Paul carry on for them. Even in modern teachings there has been the acknowledgment that Mrs. Eddy and Mrs. Fillmore and Ernest Holmes were God- inspired, and then their followers took the attitude of sitting at the feet of the Master. To be instructed is right and as it should be, but you must not plan to spend your life there. The major problem in my personal life is that of trying to avoid any relationship between my students and myself or the students of our teachers, whereby the individual begins to believe that we are God-inspired and so "let us sit and partake of his or her light." That is good up to a certain point, but remember that we in The Infinite Way are not trying to develop a following, nor are we trying to develop fame or fortune. I at least, and some of the teachers who have learned from me, are trying (sometimes even against the pressure of students) to bring to you the awareness that you have just as much access to the kingdom of God as we have. If you want to heal, you can do as much as any of us have done. ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...il 19, 1964, Experience God.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:06- 98K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: February 16, 1964, Your Door to Infinity
- YOUR DOOR TO INFINITY February 16, 1964 The Halekulani Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii IF YOU REMEMBER what we had this morning on tape number 4, side 2, Honolulu Infinite Way Study Center 1964, there is only one thing that can be added to that and I will not have to say too much about it because we had the subject recently, and that is secrecy. The vital art of this practice is the ability to keep it locked up within you and perform it and practice it without ever speaking of it to anyone. Never under any circumstances let it come through your lips until such time as you have completed the demonstration and are fully living in the consciousness that enables you to automatically turn within every hour of the day, every quarter hour of the day, and realize that right here where you are, in the midst of your meal, at any moment, you can turn within and you will be flooded with whatever you need: inspiration, light, wisdom, principles, courage, foresight, judgement, integrity. Whatever it is that may be the need of the moment, you just have to blink your eyes and immediately I have access to all that God has. When you are demonstrating this in your life and the fruitage is apparent, then you can begin to teach it and impart it to others, but not before. If you try to tell it or teach it before you have demonstrated it, you will be telling something to someone else that you have not proven; you will lose your self-respect by setting yourself up as a teacher of something you do not know, or pretending that something is a principle which you have not demonstrated. At first there will be those who will tell you that it is selfishness, that you must give everything you have. No! Just because you know about it does not mean that you have attained the consciousness of it. Spiritually, never give that which you have not attained. If you learn of a principle that seems reasonable to you, practice it until your life shows it forth. Then when someone is led to you, you can share it ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...1964, Your Door to Infinity.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:12- 95K
Find Similar Documents
God The Substance of All Form: Chapter 2, Building The New Consciousness
- ~ 2 ~ BUILDING THE NEW CONSCIOUSNESS Many aspirants on the spiritual path experience inner unfoldment or revelation when they begin to gain some understanding of what meditation is. Meditation is our method of building a consciousness of truth, a new consciousness. Meditation is our mode of prayer. First, however, it must be understood that prayer is not what we say to God, but rather what God says to us. Because of the noise of the world, we do not hear the still small voice or receive the benefit of the presence, and therefore, we must learn to be silent and receptive. Learning to Meditate* The purpose of meditation is to gain a conscious awareness of the presence of God-such a conscious awareness of our oneness with God that we may come into an actual realization of the truth of being. Although successful meditation requires silence and receptivity, never try to still the human mind; never try to stop thinking or attempt to blank out your thoughts. It cannot be done. When you begin to meditate and thoughts of an unruly nature come, let them come; do not be disturbed by them. They are world-thoughts, not yours. Take the attitude of sitting back and watching them. See them impersonally. Soon they will no longer disturb you, and you will be able to sit down and be at peace. There are many schools of thought as to the proper method of approaching meditation, and for the beginner there probably should be some procedure or method outlined. If it is remembered that in meditation our whole attention is to be focused upon God and the things of God, it will readily be seen that in sitting down to meditate, it is wise for the body to be in a comfortable position so that the attention is not unconsciously drawn to the body. Always remember, though, that the posture assumed is not important, nor the method used. Any procedure adopted is only for the purpose of making it easier to hold the attention on God and to become consciously receptive to the infinite power of your own ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...lding The New Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:33- 106K
Find Similar Documents
God The Substance of All Form: Chapter 9, Nature of the Individual as Consciousness
- ~ 9 ~ NATURE OF THE INDIVIDUAL AS CONSCIOUSNESS Probably the most important point in all spiritual living is the question: What is God? Investigation of differing concepts of God indicates that some people think of God as Mother, others as Father, still others as mind or law or principle, and latterly as the combination Father-Mother. If the concept is illumined, one term is not much more important or adequate than another, but our manner of worship often limits our concept of the infinite to a finite form. The greatest statement ever made on the subject of the name or nature of God is that if you can name it, that is not it. And that is true. If you give it any name at all, you are naming something other than yourself, and that cannot be God because the self doing the naming is none other than God. In the same way, there cannot really be a search for truth because the searcher is truth. "I am the way, the truth, and the life." 1 How can I seek life eternal, since I am that eternal life, itself? The Nature of God Any term or name you might give to God is of itself erroneous, since it implies duality. The experience of the Hindu leader, Ramakrishna, who lived late in the last century, is interesting from this viewpoint. From early childhood, starting out as an altar boy in a temple, he was filled with a great longing for God; he was God-hungry. God was always Mother, and inasmuch as one of the gods of Oriental Scripture was known as Mother Kali, Ramakrishna used this designation, Mother Kali, when referring to God. She became such a reality to him that he insisted on paying his devotions and saying his prayers to her. One day, a great spiritual woman came to Ramakrishna and offered to lift him to the highest degree of spiritual consciousness in which he would realize his oneness with God. Ramakrishna accepted, and the woman remained with him for some time, meditating with him until she finally lifted his consciousness to where he could say, "Ah, I am!" He had the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Individual as Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:35- 125K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: May 1958, The Object of Our Search
- CHAPTER FIVE: MAY The Object of Our Search GOD does not enter the affairs of men except through individual consciousness. As we open our consciousness to the activity of God, the sleeping Christ within is gradually awakened until there is a point of transition in which the Christ takes over completely. From that moment, we live in the atmosphere of God: God is now living our life. Until that transition has been made, however, the responsibility is upon our shoulders. Even though the presence and activity of God have been brought into our experience to such an extent that there are miracle-healings, that does not always mean that there will be no further discords and that we shall have complete harmony forever. In the early stages of our student days, or discipleship, when we begin to enjoy the blessings which are the fruits of the Spirit, there is often a tendency to revert to our human mode of living: We become enmeshed in human concerns and anxieties, engrossed in human pleasures, and thereby shut ourselves off from the activity of God, until, in some trying moment, we reach out and re-establish that contact. We have not become sufficiently stabilized in the consciousness of God to remain steadfast in it, but return again and again to our human ways of living and thinking. This swinging of the pendulum backward and forward continues until, sooner or later, we awaken to the fact that we have been seesawing between Spirit and "this world," experiencing healings followed by discords and then more healings and more discords. This finally leads to a realization of the need for a more consistent preoccupation with the things of God and the necessity of daily meditation. As we continue along the spiritual path, we find that instead of giving thirty minutes a day to the realization of God, eventually we are dwelling in God for four, five, and six hours of the day, and experiencing the fruits of the Spirit in the form of greater harmony and less discord. After weeks and ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...8, The Object of Our Search.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:08- 147K
Find Similar Documents
The Joel Goldsmith Reader: The Ever Present Christ
- The Ever Present Christ There is a power called Spirit, or the Christ, and it does the work. Talking about the Christ will not bring God or the Christ to bear upon your problem. The Christ must be realized, must be felt. Then we really can say, "I can leave it with God. I can leave it with Truth." As we become convinced within our consciousness of the truth, that conviction, which is realization, makes the demonstration. Our object is to develop this awareness, this consciousness of truth, this sense of omnipresence. As this is developed, we no longer work specifically on problems; as a matter of fact, we do not have specific problems on which to work. Life begins to unfold in a normal and harmonious manner. We have only to maintain ourselves in that atmosphere of the Spirit for that flow to come through, the flow of divine Life. When we are confronted with problems, then, it is necessary to get back within ourselves, until we get that feeling of the Presence. As you think of God, the one Life, omnipresent as your own life; God, the one Mind, omnipresent as your own mind; you will not have the sense of twoness, or even the customary sense of God as omnipresent-God and you over here somewhere, separate and apart from It. In thinking of Omnipresence, think of It as your own being-the allness of God, the infinity of God, omnipresent as your individual being. Then there is no sense of separation or division. The Christ is something which is controlling your being and your destiny. All you have to do is to realize this Christ, or gain the conscious awareness of It, since everyone has It. You do not have It within you, and you do not have It without you; you have It as being. When you talk about the activity of the Christ, you are not talking about a within or a without. If it acted just within our consciousness, there would be no reaching from one to another. It is a within, and it is a without. What Is Sin? In spiritual teaching, of course, there is no such thing as ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...er_ The Ever Present Christ.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:21- 126K
Find Similar Documents
The Master Speaks: Chapter 17, The Ever Present Christ
- ~ 17 ~ THE EVER PRESENT CHRIST There is a power called Spirit, or the Christ, and It does the work. Talking about the Christ will not bring God or the Christ to bear upon your problem. The Christ must be realized, must be felt. Then we really can say, "I can leave it with God. I can leave it with Truth." As we become convinced within our consciousness of the truth, that conviction, which is realization, makes the demonstration. Our object is to develop this awareness, this consciousness of truth, this sense of omnipresence. As this is developed, we no longer work specifically on problems; as a matter of fact, we do not have specific problems on which to work. Life begins to unfold in a normal and harmonious manner. We have only to maintain ourselves in that atmosphere of the Spirit for that flow to come through, the flow of divine Life. When we are confronted with problems, then, it is necessary to get back within ourselves, until we get that feeling of the Presence. As you think of God, the one Life, omnipresent as your own life; God, the one Mind, omnipresent as your own mind; you will not have the sense of twoness, or even the customary sense of God as omnipresent-God and you over here somewhere, separate and apart from It. In thinking of Omnipresence, think of It as your own being-the allness of God, the infinity of God, omnipresent as your individual being. Then there is no sense of separation or division. The Christ is something which is controlling your being and your destiny. All you have to do is to realize this Christ, or gain the conscious awareness of It, since everyone has It. You do not have It within you, and you do not have It without you: you have It as being. When you talk about the activity of the Christ, you are not talking about a within or a without. If it acted just within our consciousness, there would be no reaching from one to another. It is a within, and it is a without. What Is Sin? In spiritual teaching, of course, there is no such thing ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...17, The Ever Present Christ.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:30- 121K
Find Similar Documents