The Heart of Mysticism: March 1956, The Part We Play
- CHAPTER THREE: MARCH The Part We Play Now after the death of Moses the servant of the Lord it came to pass, that the Lord spake unto Joshua, the son of Nun, Moses' minister, saying, Moses my servant is dead; now therefore arise, go over this Jordan, thou, and all this people, unto the land which I do give to them, even to the children of Israel. Every place that the sole of your foot shall tread upon, that have I given unto you, as I said unto Moses. From the wilderness and this Lebanon even unto the great river, the river Euphrates, all the land of the Hittites, and unto the great sea toward the going down of the sun, shall be your coast. There shall not any man be able to stand before thee all the days of thy life: as I was with Moses, so I will be with thee: I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee. Be strong and of a good courage: for unto this people shalt thou divide for an inheritance the land, which I sware unto their fathers to give them. Only be thou strong and very courageous, that thou mayest observe to do according to all the law, which Moses my servant commanded thee: turn not from it to the right hand or to the left, that thou mayest prosper whithersoever thou goest. This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success. Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest. Joshua 1:1-9 NOT only are these passages from Joshua a continuous assurance and reassurance of the omnipresence of God, Truth, they are also an admonition "to do according to all the law"-to remain in the realization of the Truth-with the promise that as long as we abide in the Truth, turning neither to the right nor to the left, "I will be with thee: I will not fail thee, nor ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...arch 1956, The Part We Play.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:06- 148K
Find Similar Documents
The Journey Back to the Father's House: Chapter 11, Unconditioning the Mind
- Chapter Eleven Unconditioning the Mind From the moment of its birth, a child's mind is being conditioned by some of its parents' beliefs. Much of what parents teach their children is fictitious and false, because the parents are merely passing on to the children the fiction they themselves have accepted as fact. It is much the same as the way many of us were taught about Santa Claus and accepted it, and our minds were, therefore, conditioned to the belief in Santa Claus. So, too, many of us have had concepts of God handed on to us which were almost as erroneous as the pagan concepts that were taught five thousand years ago. But we believed them, and our minds became conditioned to such concepts. We have picked up political, religious, and economic convictions. From the moment of conception on, we have been conditioned to accept beliefs and theories that have absolutely no truth in them, with the result that most persons go through life limited by many of these convictions. Unconditioning the Mind, Not a Psychological but a Spiritual Activity When we live out from a conditioned mind and insist on holding to its concepts, we have no way at all of providing an entrance for the spiritual presence, or the Christ. Only as we begin the unconditioning process can we eventually arrive at that "mind. . . which was also in Christ Jesus." 1 We have to watch out that we do not approach this unconditioning process from a psychological standpoint, for then we would try to search out all the untruths we know, get rid of them, and substitute for them something that we consider to be truth. That way we could be conditioning ourselves with more fiction, because intellectually there is absolutely no way of knowing what is truth. When we approach this subject from a spiritual standpoint, we do not try to discover which of our beliefs or thoughts are truth and which are not, but rather we accept the principle that spiritual truth is within ourselves and, as we learn to go within, this ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...11, Unconditioning the Mind.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:25- 128K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness In Transition: Chapter 2, Teacher & Student
- ... It has nothing to do with today. Today our consciousness is unfolding and disclosing itself in every new way, in every new form, and always increasing abundantly. This subject of God is an infinite one. We will come back to it over and over again, because it is the next most important part of our work. Without the knowledge of God, we would have no knowledge of the effect of God, which is our universe. I want to teach on living this Christ. In the Bible we have certain laws. We have known them mostly as quotations, without taking them seriously as something to be lived. But one of the greatest laws of the Bible is the law of forgiveness, of praying for one's enemies. You may take that very seriously, because it is a proven law. The idea of forgiveness does not mean looking at a human being and remembering the terrible offense he committed against us and then forgiving him for it. There is no virtue in that. The virtue lies in the ability to see through the human to the divinity of his being, realizing that in the divinity of his being there has never been an occasion for error of any nature. It is as if he were asking us for help and we would have to behold him as he really is-a spiritual being. Without their asking for help, we are called on every day to look upon those toward whom we have any negative feeling, and develop this act of forgiveness, which means to turn to the Christ of our own being and there know that nothing but love exists. There never has been a mortal and all that appears as a mortal is the Christ itself, incorrectly seen. That ability to forgive is one of the greatest laws of the Bible. Praying for our enemies is the same idea. It does not mean we are to believe that the other fellow can shoot us first; it means the ability to understand God as the life and the mind of individual man, and to know there is no other mind but that one. Appearances have nothing to do with it at all. We are dealing with the reality of being. In Spiritual ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 2, Teacher & Student.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:19- 144K
Find Similar Documents
Living Between Two Worlds: Chapter 3, Easter, A Rising Out Of Material Sense
- ~ 3 ~ EASTER, A RISING OUT OF MATERIAL SENSE THE MAJOR PRINCIPLE OR REVELATION OF THE INFINITE WAY is that God is consciousness, and that infinite divine Consciousness forms Itself as individual being, as my individual consciousness and yours, not a portion of It, but all of It. Most persons have been taught that man begins from a seed, and they have been led to believe that there is something not quite spiritual about the whole idea of conception and birth. They have thought of creation as an act of man and woman, about which there has always lurked some feeling of wrongness, and in their sense of creation there is something wrong because it means that they are accepting man as a creator. But man is not a creator, and the belief that he is has given rise to the idea that man is brought forth in sin and in iniquity. The truth is that the activity of creation begins with the Spirit of God pouring into individual consciousness as love. That divine love pours from your consciousness into your mind and tangibly it brings unto you your own with whom you are one, and then the idea of love, union, and oneness comes forth as the creation of the next generation. There is nothing sinful, nothing evil, nothing finite, nothing mortal about it at all. It all has its beginning in conscious union with God. While there cannot be a material creation because God is the only creator and God is Spirit, a material sense of creation has been entertained, and that is where this whole feeling of sin or wrongness comes from. All human experience has its foundation in a material sense of a spiritual universe. What is called the immorality and delinquency of this age has its basis in that same material sense, because since our young people have not been taught to understand that their first duty every day is to establish their conscious oneness with the Source so that they are animated throughout the day and night by the Spirit, they have sought satisfaction on the level of mind and body. ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ising Out Of Material Sense.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:43- 113K
Find Similar Documents
Living Now: Chapter 11, Transcending Karmic Law
- ... The word of God that is received in my consciousness is sufficient for my every need of the moment, whether it be a moment of work, a moment of rest, a moment of feasting or fasting, or a moment of play. Every moment of every day and of every night is filled with a sufficiency of Thy grace to meet every need, and always with those twelve baskets full left over to share with even "the least of these my brethren." 17 As I go to my rest I remember: This night will rapidly pass into day, with Thy grace continuing always throughout every moment, because I am receiving Thy manna when I sleep, as well as when I am awake. I am receiving Thy manna at rest, at work, or at play, for Thy grace is a continuing experience, and there is this sufficiency of manna unto every moment. If knowingly or unknowingly, human temptation has touched me, nevertheless, I offer myself as I am, knowing that Thy grace forgives and resurrects into newness of life, and Thy manna nourishes that life. I cannot wait to be better than I am to offer myself to Thee, and I need not be better than I am to receive forgiveness, Grace, manna. It is now, here, just as I am, that I relax in Thee and receive Thee: Thy word, Thy presence. ACROSS THE DESK Have you ever been faced with a problem and wondered how to meet it? In that moment, then, you forgot that there was only one power, and that your understanding of that made it unnecessary to meet anything. Have you ever been called upon to meet some problem for someone and wondered if you had sufficient understanding, or if you had sufficient God-power? If so, in that moment, you revealed that you did not know the truth. It is not your knowledge of truth that meets problems or is God-power: it is the realization that God is the only power. In that realization, there are no problems to be met, there are no laws to be overcome, there are no evils to be surmounted. All these constitute the illusion of sense. If you have been reading Infinite Way writings even for ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...11, Transcending Karmic Law.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:51- 149K
Find Similar Documents
Rising in Consciousness: Chapter 1, Creative Meditation
- ... Now remember that everyone in the human world is faced with the belief of a physical body. They are faced with the belief of physical supply. And right now, they are being faced with the belief of atomic bombs and rumors of wars. In the human picture there is no way of avoiding those experiences or of rising above them. The only way is the spiritual way, and the spiritual way is that way where the Christ becomes the reality of our being! And when we begin to look out from the standpoint of God, the sum total of all creation, then we are fulfilling the greatest law ever revealed by Jesus Christ-the law of forgiveness. There is no greater law than that of forgiveness. Remember, love God with all thy might and love your neighbor as yourself. That neighbor is every human being on earth, every animal, every plant! And there is no way you can love them while holding them in condemnation. In this meditation, then, see and understand that God is the life, soul, mind, not only of friends, but of all so-called enemies. And, in that way, you will eliminate all enemies. Jesus said to Pilate, "Thou canst have no power over me, unless it came from the Father in heaven." 8 That is our answer to enemies or enmity of every form whether appearing as man, sin, disease, or lack. Some of you who heard me in January will remember how many times I stressed this fact: that this law of forgiving, this law of forgiveness, is the real law of demonstration. This ability to see God as the mind, the life and soul of enemies as well as of friends. Why? Because not only in the Old Testament, but all the way through the teachings of Jesus, we have this reminder-the first commandment is the secret of life. Only one God, only one life; the life of every one of us; the life of our so-called enemies. God is the only mind, and therefore God must be the mind of what we call enemies! Only one God, and only one creation-and all spiritual! In that meditation, can you not see that as long as your ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter 1, Creative Meditation.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:05- 108K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: June 1955, Higher Views of God Prayer and The Self
- ... In the beautiful words of the Psalmist, we read: "Give unto the Lord the glory due unto his name; worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness." And so we come to another principle: "Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor." It makes no difference if your neighbor is black, white or yellow, Hebrew, Christian or pagan-your neighbor is the self-same being: God expressed, God manifest in flesh. This is the beauty of holiness. This is knowing the truth about your neighbor; this is praying for your neighbor; this is forgiving your neighbor, even as you would have your neighbor forgive you. "Love worketh no ill to his neighbor: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law." Our Message is one of Love, and we are fulfilling the law of Love in our acknowledgment of the infinite nature of God, and the eternal nature of the Son of God. In our acknowledgment of Omnipresence, Omnipotence, Omniscience, we have acknowledged Divine Grace. We have acknowledged that the Grace of God is for us, for our neighbor, and for our enemy. In this acknowledgment we seek forgiveness of our errors of ignorance, and just as freely we forgive all others in this realization that this truth is the truth about everyone in heaven, on earth, or in hell. "Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself . . . forgive and ye shall be forgiven . . .", and in this instant of realization we release all those who are holding themselves in bondage to false concepts of God, Law, Love and Life. We loose them and let them go, in the realization that all that is of God is Good-and what is there that is not of God? Oh! What a wonderful thing it is to know that there is nothing to go to God for! Conscious Union with God In order to enter into the mystical life one must master the ability to remain in the silence without thought, and this is the most difficult part of all spiritual living. In no way is this a cessation or repression of thought, nor an effort toward such: instead, it is attaining such deep ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... of God Prayer and The Self.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:03- 150K
Find Similar Documents
Living by Grace: Chapter 8, Message to Teachers on the Spiritual Path
- CHAPTER 8 MESSAGE TO TEACHERS ON THE SPIRITUAL PATH The ministry of Truth tempts many to enter the path to gratify their ego in being known as a practitioner or teacher or lecturer or leader or for some other desire for personal gratification. Be sure you have received the signal within, which is your passport on the journey. The greatest temptation above all others is having one's own concept of Truth. Complete discipleship comes only when all sense of personal knowledge of Truth disappears. While we are on earth, there is never a time when we are outside the range of temptation, because temptation is subtle. It can appear as the desire for prestige, wealth, or fame, or it can appear as the temptation to wield power. Once an individual has been touched by the Spirit, people believe that is not possible for them to sin. That is not true! The Bible is filled with those who succumbed to temptation. There was Judas. There was Lot's wife. There was Peter, who denied the Master. Even Jesus was tempted three times, although He did not succumb to these temptations. The person on the spiritual path, even if he is at the beginner's level, should become conscious of the fact that a wrong done by him or her is far more serious than a wrong done by others. A wrong done under the robe of the Spirit is a crime against the Spirit. There is only one Consciousness, so once God Consciousness has become the consciousness of the teacher and the teacher violates that God Consciousness, the penalty is great. That teacher loses the God Consciousness. It is of utmost importance, therefore, that everyone on the spiritual path, but especially those who would be teachers, maintain at all times a high degree of spiritual integrity. Coming into an Awareness of Spirit Healing work cannot be done with the mind, just as God cannot be reached through the mind. If you knew all the truth in metaphysical textbooks such as Science & Health with Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy, or Lessons in ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...chers on the Spiritual Path.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:47- 167K
Find Similar Documents
Seek Ye First: Chapter 3, Becoming Aware of God's Ceaseless Activity
- Chapter Three Becoming Aware of God's Ceaseless Activity This latter half of the twentieth century is perhaps the first time in recorded history that so many persons in the Western world have been seriously interested in a mystical message. When I say "so many," do not understand me to say that I mean great numbers, but I do mean that for a message of this nature the number is large. There are probably sixty thousand homes in the world in which the Infinite Way is read, but in those homes probably only ten thousand students earnestly study it. How many there are who actually practice it is something I have no way of knowing. Those who are serious in their study will bring forth a fulfilled experience in their lives, and their number is sufficient to make a real contribution to the world. What determines the nature and the extent of our contribution to the world, however, depends on the extent of our own individual demonstration. For many years I had absolutely no interest in any "you" anywhere in the world, none whatsoever. I had only one interest in life, and that was discovering the secret of why God is not in the human universe, how He could be brought into it, and more especially how He might be a part of my experience. My interest in the world was purely academic; there was no thought that this work would actually help the world. My goal was to seek God for myself, to see if God could be brought into my personal experience. First Attain the God-Experience Yourself I was living the same kind of a human life that nearly everyone else lives on earth, and even with some of its successes, it was not satisfactory. In fact, with a considerable measure of success, there remained an irresistible drive to find out if God could be brought into my experience so that something of a different nature could take place. What that would be, I had no way of knowing. Therefore, my experience for years and years had nothing to do with the world: it had to do with my seeking, my ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...of God's Ceaseless Activity.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:09- 126K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: January 1957, Out of Darkness - Light
- CHAPTER ONE: JANUARY Out of Darkness - Light 1 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. Genesis 1: 2 THE light of God, the light of spiritual wisdom, enters consciousness only in the degree of our own receptivity and devotion to it. It cannot force itself upon us, nor can it come to us in any greater measure than we, ourselves, permit. God is the full and complete brightness thereof, but it is for us to determine the measure of the light we shall receive. It is not enough to say, "I would like the wholeness of God," when our actions disprove such a statement. If we really wanted God above all things, we would provide sufficient opportunity for It to fulfil Itself in us, so that we could receive the fullness of God's light. To a great extent many of us are still living in spiritual darkness. Although we may all have experienced God's grace in some slight measure, even though it be in as slight a measure as is one grain of sand compared with all the sands in the universe, nevertheless, we do not yet know the real meaning of grace. Darkness is upon the face of the deep so far as spiritual health, spiritual harmony, spiritual supply, spiritual relationships, and spiritual peace are concerned. In acknowledging that spiritual darkness reigns, however, we have arrived at that place in consciousness where we are ready to open ourselves to the influx of spiritual light. There is a moment in your life and in mine when darkness is upon us, and we are without form and void. If, in that emptiness, we can become very still, we shall feel the atmosphere of God envelop us, filling our whole being with light. Then comes the assurance: "I 2 will never leave you, nor forsake you. I was with you before Abraham was, and although you have not known Me, I have known you." Yet, even with such comforting assurance, you will be tempted, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...57, Out of Darkness - Light.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:01- 147K
Find Similar Documents