The Only Freedom: Chapter 11, Making Your Contact with God
- ... I have received only one grain and there is all the rest of the sand on all the beaches of the world for me to go before I ever get to the place of saying, "Stop, Lord, I have enough." I pray, too, every day: "Give me daily bread." But I don't mean food, I mean more of this light, more illumination, more conscious awareness of God's presence. "Fill me more with the spirit of God. Illumine me." That is what Jesus meant when he said, "Give us this day our daily bread." Asking God to Forgive for Us When the Master prayed, "Forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors," 3 it is not likely that he was asking to be forgiven in the way we think of forgiveness. He was probably indicating that we are forgiven as we forgive, and he may have been praying for more grace to be able to give more forgiveness. Well do I remember an experience when I was called upon to rise above a very disagreeable experience concerning one of the students. The hurt was deep for the moment, and it was bad medicine to have to take. In my meditation when the word came to forgive, I answered, "Oh, Father, that's more than I can do. I just haven't risen that high yet. I cannot be that forgiving in this case. I would like to be. Don't think I wouldn't but I'd be a hypocrite if I were to say I have achieved it. But I will tell you what You had better do, Father. You take over and do the forgiving for me because I don't seem to have the ability." And the Father did. Immediately the weight was lifted off my shoulders, and the assurance came that God's forgiveness was right there where I was. That took all the responsibility away from me. It is hypocritical to make absolute statements of truth as if we had already demonstrated them. It is true we must forgive seventy times seven, but that doesn't mean that we are always going to find it easy and sometimes we may even find it almost impossible. If we do find it almost impossible, we will be relieved if we turn to the Father: "I would like to forgive ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...aking Your Contact with God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:35- 116K
Find Similar Documents
The Altitude Of Prayer: Chapter 5, God Is Omnipotent
- ~ 5 ~ GOD IS OMNIPOTENT IF WE EVER HOPE to reach the height of prayer, a further preparatory step must be taken, without which there is no way to receive God or to remove the barrier that has heretofore separated us from the kingdom of God. That step is to know that God is the only power and that there is no more power in mind or thought than there is in matter, and we must know why. We can use the mind for good or we can use the mind for evil-it all depends upon our nature. We can use our thoughts to heal or to malpractice. We can use the power of mind to give a person his freedom or to dominate him and hold him in slavery. Look around the world and see if there are not some persons being held in religious ignorance and superstition. And are not whole nations being held in slavery through the mental power of false ideologies? Does not the advertising world in many cases use the power of mind and thought falsely and ignorantly to catch our unwary dollars? When we begin to see these things, then we can understand that mind and thought with their good and evil are not of God. Because they are not of God, they are not power. Only God, Spirit, is power, and besides Spirit there is no other power. All of us have probably given treatments and watched colds, flu, and dozens of other things dissolve just by knowing that there are no material powers. Now go further and release people from cancer, tuberculosis, and polio by knowing that the son of God is not held in any mental bondage, and that there is no superstition, fear, or ignorance to hold him in slavery. This universe is governed by law; Spirit is the only lawgiver; and the only law with real power is spiritual law. Thank You, Father, that You are Spirit and that Spirit is the only power. There are no powers on earth for You to destroy, for You to overcome, for You to remove. Your law alone is power, and Your law is a spiritual law governing all creation. I am not turning to You to destroy evil: I am turning to You in ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...hapter 5, God Is Omnipotent.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:25- 118K
Find Similar Documents
Living Now: Chapter 7, Living Divine Sonship
- ~ 7 ~ LIVING DIVINE SONSHIP The word "consciousness" sums up the teaching of the Infinite Way. It is what we are conscious of that operates in our experience as law. "Ye shall know the truth," 1 and then the truth functions as the law. "Come out from among them, and be ye separate" 2 -give up ignorance and superstition. The Infinite Way teaches that there is only one power, and that we are never to use one power over another or to protect ourselves from a power. Our protection is the realization of our Self as the only power. When we make the statement that God is the only power, unless we realize that the God we are talking about is the I of our own being, we can be led into the false hope that there is some God out in space who can be prevailed upon to protect us. There is no such God. There is no God protecting anyone because there is nothing to be protected from. If we want to be free, we have to leave "this world" and enter God's kingdom. Only in proportion as we can recognize the impersonal, universal nature of error and then realize it as nonpower, only then are we protected, and only then can we do healing work. There is no God and disease. There is only God, and every thing that happens to us as sin, disease, lack, or limitation is an appearance. The recognition of that truth destroys the appearance. God Constitutes Individual Being "Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." 3 In the presence of God, there is liberty. In that Presence, there is no entity called sin, disease, or false appetite. We do not heal them: they are illusory concepts, but the illusory concept is always in the mind. There is no such thing as an externalized illusion. When we know the truth, the illusory concept is gone, but nothing has really gone with it. Sin and lack do not go anywhere. We merely prove that they were not there. It is on this point that many metaphysicians lose their way. They believe God is some sort of a power that they are going to use over ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...er 7, Living Divine Sonship.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:50- 136K
Find Similar Documents
Awakening Mystical Consciousness: Chapter 2, Releasing Spiritual Power
- ... The laws of God cannot function in a consciousness filled with false concepts. We must attune ourselves to the Divine. If we look at persons and see all their human differences, before long we will like some and dislike others; we are going to trust some and distrust others. We will have so many differences that our own minds will be confused. If, however, we can recognize that, regardless of appearances, Divinity is the nature of every person's being and that God made us in His own image and likeness, we are knowing the truth about all persons. Whether one is acting it out here on earth or not is none of our business; and if we are aware of any sin in another, instead of sitting in judgment, we should inwardly practice the New Testament principle: "Judge not, that ye be not judged." 18 Therefore, we will not judge: we will take the attitude: "Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do." 19 We are realizing that every person is a branch of the same tree, the Tree of Life. In that, there is no judgment, no criticism. There is forgiveness "seventy times seven," 20 forgiveness and a praying that their eyes be opened. This is attuning ourselves to the Divine, making ourselves receptive to divine healing, to divine Grace, to divine protection because we have wiped out our human concepts of persons and are seeing them as the image and likeness of God, seeing them spiritually as the very Christ of God. We are not using our human judgment; we are using our spiritual intuition to recognize that God made all of us in His own image and likeness and looked on us and found us good. There is nothing in us of criticism, of condemnation, of judgment; and, therefore, our consciousness is open to receive the grace of God. If we believe there are two powers, we are setting up a barrier in our own consciousness. If, however, we are realizing Omnipotence, Omniscience, and Omnipresence, we are again attuning ourselves to the exercise of spiritual power, spiritual wisdom. In the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., Releasing Spiritual Power.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:07- 126K
Find Similar Documents
Beyond Words & Thoughts: Chapter 1, Toward the Experience
- ~ 1 ~ TOWARD THE EXPERIENCE The heart and soul of the mystical life is an inner experience, and no matter what mode or method is used, that experience is possible if the basic motive is to discover truth. As long as you are just seeking to demonstrate health, supply, or companionship, however, there is no hope of attaining the God-experience. In spite of how successful you may be in human achievement, you will never attain spiritual awareness. That comes only when you have "died" to caring about the outer scene and are willing to take life as it is and work from within toward the goal of God-realization. The Infinite Way came into being when I realized that there is no God in the human world. If there were a God in the human world, rape, arson, murder, wars, dens of iniquity, drug addiction, and all the other afflictions of mankind would be impossible. Not one of these evidences of man's inhumanity to man could occur in the presence of God. Everything that is taking place in this world of ours is taking place only because there is no God in the human scene. This was the original unfoldment that was given to me some time after 1909, and this is what started me on the search. I have never doubted that there is a God, but now at least I know that there is no God in "this world," 1 and I know now, too, that all the going to church and all the praying are not going to bring one here. People have been going to church to pray since before the days of the ancient Hebrews and have done so continuously ever since. They have prayed every kind of prayer that has ever been known, and still the world keeps right on falling apart. Thus the search began: Where is God? What is God? How do we bring God into our experience? Eventually, late in 1928, the Experience took place, that first God-experience. This Experience brought with it no message, no words, no rules, nor were any principles given: there was just an experience that could not be described. Whereas in one moment I was like ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...er 1, Toward the Experience.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:10- 130K
Find Similar Documents
The Government of Eden: Chapter 5, When We Judge By Appearances
- ... In the spiritual life, you place no labels on the world. You do not judge as to good or evil, sick or well, rich or poor. While appearances may show forth harmony or discord, by not judging, you merely know Is, and let that which truly Is define Itself. Wisdoms of The Infinite Way The Prayer of Forgiveness and Release What do I want? "Seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness." 14 Seeking the kingdom of God means seeking the realm, the realization-let's use that word, the "realization" of God. It means pray and meditate and ponder God until ... So you find that to come to the kingdom of God means to come into a state of consciousness which loses bit by bit, of course, the temptation to judge, criticize, condemn, to hold in evil. You find that God's righteousness is embodied in the word "forgiveness." The nature of God is to forgive. How many times? "Seventy times seven." 15 Infinity. So you say, "Ah, but he sinned against me yesterday, and the day before, and the day before. How much longer must that go on?" I don't know how much seventy times seven is, but at least seventy times seven. That's how long it can go on if it will, and each time there must be forgiveness. Therefore, if we have not reached that state of consciousness in which we can find it within ourselves to be forgiving, at least in the sense of "Well, Father, if I can do nothing else, I can say, 'Forgive them their sins.'" In other words, come to a state of mind where you wish no punishment on anyone, even for their wrongs. That's quite a place to come to, but we can approach it by degrees, even if we can't attain it in a moment. Then, seeking the kingdom of God and His righteousness means seeking a state of consciousness in which we approximate that divine state of righteousness, that divine state of consciousness; somewhere in which we are forgiving, in which we are praying for the enemy, praying for those who despitefully use us. You see, the prayer of forgiveness and the prayer of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...overnment of Eden_Chapter 5.pdf
Modified: 2021-01-25 13:32:06- 100K
Find Similar Documents
Living The Infinite Way: Chapter Two, Attaining the God-Experience
- CHAPTER TWO ATTAINING THE GOD-EXPERIENCE We must understand that the message of The Infinite Way is not to give the world a new teaching, but to give the world an experience. The Infinite Way is actually a God-experience, a Christ-experience. The Infinite Way is not its writings, lectures, or classes. These are the instruments leading us to The Infinite Way, but The Infinite Way itself is the God-experience. It became very clear to a serious student one day, while meditating upon the subject of the desert and water, that talking about water or thinking about it would not quench his thirst. Not even seeing or touching water would satisfy. Only by drinking, and thus experiencing water, is thirst quenched. Almost from the beginning, I have realized that no matter what truth, or how much truth, we know, truth is not a healing agency. What we know of truth is merely a step leading to a certain state of consciousness, and that state of consciousness is the healing agency. When one does not know the correct letter of truth, it is very difficult to acquire the spirit or consciousness that leads to the actual God-experience. So the earnest reading and study of the letter of truth are steps to opening consciousness to a final experience; and when that experience takes place, harmonious living is quickly revealed and manifest. It is essential that we understand the nature of God. Unless we know the nature of God, there is no way of knowing the nature of true prayer, because prayer is the avenue leading to God, and it is through prayer that we make our contact with God. It is through prayer and communion that we have the God-experience. If we pray and our prayers are not answered, we can be assured, as James said, that it is because we have been praying amiss. If we have been praying, that is, knowing the truth, and have not arrived at the demonstration of harmony in our experience, we might just as well be honest with ourselves and admit, "I have been praying amiss; I have not ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ttaining the God-Experience.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:56- 97K
Find Similar Documents
The Foundation of Mysticism: Chapter 2, A Spiritual Way of Living
- ~ 2 ~ A SPIRITUAL WAY OF LIVING Good Evening. "Except the Lord build the house, they labor in vain that build it." The major secret of spiritual living is contained in this and many other passages. "Thou will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee . . . Acquaint now thyself with him and be at peace . . . Acknowledge him in all thy ways and lean not unto thine own understanding . . . If you abide in the word and let the word abide in you, you will bear fruit richly. If you do not abide in the word and the word does not abide in you, you will be as a branch of the tree that is cut off and withereth." Such passages as these are to be found in the Hebrew and Christian scriptures, as well as in every one of the Eastern scriptures. And the meaning is clear, since even the great Master could say, "I of my own self can do nothing; the Father within me, he doeth the works." How much more true must that be of us, that we can do nothing except God do it through us or in us or as us. "He that is within me is greater than he that is in the world . . . He performeth that which is given me to do." These are confirmations of the great revelation of all time that we are as nothing except in so far as we are led by the spirit of God, guided by the mind, the intelligence of God, empowered by the love of God, and have God's grace on every step of our journey. "I go to prepare a place for you." That presence goes before us to make the crooked places straight, that presence walks beside us, it comes behind as a rear guard. These bring to light the secret of spiritual living, without which we cannot prosper spiritually. Now, by human might and human will it is possible, if one is strong enough, to go out and battle the world to become a great success, without any assurance of course, that it will last forever and that one may not be pulled down in the end. But for one to go through life joyously, fearlessly, successfully, and harmoniously, it is absolutely necessary to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..., A Spiritual Way of Living.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:49- 137K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: September 29, Spiritual Discernment
- SPIRITUAL DISCERNMENT September 29, 1963 Princess Kaiulani Hotel GOOD AFTERNOON. Before we started on our 1959 lecture and class trip, I was instructed within that our students did not really understand the healing principles of The Infinite Way. For this reason I was to devote that year to giving them the specific healing principles of The Infinite Way as clearly as possible, because these principles are totally different from those of any metaphysical healing approach. This does not always seem apparent in reading the writings because we all use the words God, Christ, spirit, prayer, meditation, treatment. Therefore, unless a student is alerted, it is natural that he would not realize that these words have entirely different meanings in the message of The Infinite Way than those to which he has been accustomed. So I spent the year 1959 traveling the world, giving classes everywhere on the specific healing principles of this message. In 1960, 1961, and 1962 I was given a specific subject each year, so that the students might eventually be prepared for the higher works. At the beginning of 1963 I had already arranged a very heavy schedule of lectures and classes to be conducted from January through May, but again I received inner instructions to cancel all of these plans in order to prepare the students for that which was to come. I remained at home, doing no public work this year. I have been teaching four days a week, but I have been teaching only those who were invited to be taught, those who were the most ready, so that with them and through them the new work could be given. Since the middle of August we have recorded on papers, and in two new series of tapes, the mystical message of The Infinite Way, the message that cannot be learned with or through the mind. The message first of all develops, and then governs, that part of man which we know as the Soul faculties, or spiritual consciousness, or the Soul of man. Every individual who has ever been born and every ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...r 29, Spiritual Discernment.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:22- 121K
Find Similar Documents
Living by Grace: Chapter 8, Message to Teachers on the Spiritual Path
- CHAPTER 8 MESSAGE TO TEACHERS ON THE SPIRITUAL PATH The ministry of Truth tempts many to enter the path to gratify their ego in being known as a practitioner or teacher or lecturer or leader or for some other desire for personal gratification. Be sure you have received the signal within, which is your passport on the journey. The greatest temptation above all others is having one's own concept of Truth. Complete discipleship comes only when all sense of personal knowledge of Truth disappears. While we are on earth, there is never a time when we are outside the range of temptation, because temptation is subtle. It can appear as the desire for prestige, wealth, or fame, or it can appear as the temptation to wield power. Once an individual has been touched by the Spirit, people believe that is not possible for them to sin. That is not true! The Bible is filled with those who succumbed to temptation. There was Judas. There was Lot's wife. There was Peter, who denied the Master. Even Jesus was tempted three times, although He did not succumb to these temptations. The person on the spiritual path, even if he is at the beginner's level, should become conscious of the fact that a wrong done by him or her is far more serious than a wrong done by others. A wrong done under the robe of the Spirit is a crime against the Spirit. There is only one Consciousness, so once God Consciousness has become the consciousness of the teacher and the teacher violates that God Consciousness, the penalty is great. That teacher loses the God Consciousness. It is of utmost importance, therefore, that everyone on the spiritual path, but especially those who would be teachers, maintain at all times a high degree of spiritual integrity. Coming into an Awareness of Spirit Healing work cannot be done with the mind, just as God cannot be reached through the mind. If you knew all the truth in metaphysical textbooks such as Science & Health with Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy, or Lessons in ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...chers on the Spiritual Path.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:47- 167K
Find Similar Documents