Consciousness In Transition: Chapter 15, Seek the Answer Within
- ~ 15 ~ SEEK THE ANSWER WITHIN AS I TOLD YOU BEFORE, we are not here to have a good time; we are not here just to sit back and listen to a lecture on truth or to listen to a talk on truth. This is really classwork. This is really where you are supposed to go out knowing all that is to be known about the subject. I asked you, when we began, to release me from a sense of time and you have, so if it is necessary to stay here, that is all right with me. I want you to know that, so when we are through you do not feel that you are leaving with a lot of unanswered questions. There will be some unanswered questions in your thought and that is natural, because most of the answers are going to come to you in the weeks to come through your meditation. One of the things that you will learn here is that answers come through meditation. You can take almost anything you want into meditation and get the answer. You see, we know absolutely nothing about the meaning of the word God or Christ or truth or light or grace. What little we know we have read in dictionaries and books that men have written, and are merely faint tracings of tremendously deep subjects. Now, the individual who has had an unfoldment or revelation on some spiritual truth may be said to know that spiritual truth-at least as much as concerns that particular unfoldment or demonstration. But, when that individual comes to tell you about it, it is very apt to be secondhand except in some moments of our illumined consciousness when his impartation might reveal quite a bit to you. But to be on the safe side, let us assume for this moment that we know little or nothing about the Christ. Of course we know this much, that the Christ isn't a man. We know that the Christ isn't an historical figure; we know that the Christ wasn't born at a particular time or in a particular country or of a particular nation. We know that before Abraham was, the Christ is-and we know that even unto the end of the world, the Christ will be. We ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...r 15 Seek the Answer Within.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:21- 90K
Find Similar Documents
God The Substance of All Form: Chapter 10, Gaining The Consciousness of Good
- ~ 10 ~ GAINING THE CONSCIOUSNESS OF GOOD Consciousness is the real secret of the world. When you think you are searching for God, what you are really searching for is an understanding of consciousness, because consciousness is God; God is consciousness. These are interchangeable. Consciousness is God, and God is consciousness. When you have found the inner meaning of consciousness, you will have found God. When you find God, you will have discovered your own consciousness. You can now more nearly understand what I meant when I said, and have repeated several times, that the purpose of this work is not to give you more truths that you already know. I am sure that you already know all of the letter of truth there is to be known. It is so easily available, not only in my writings, but in many others. So I repeat: The purpose of this work is not to add one iota to your intellectual knowledge of truth, but to quicken the unfolding of consciousness-the unfolding of the divine consciousness as your individual consciousness. The key to what we call "demonstration," that is, to a successful and happy life, a joyous and complete existence, is consciousness, gaining the consciousness of good in one form or another. If we were asked what the object of our work is, I suppose we might say, "We are searching for God." To most people God is a vague term. Would you know what to do with God after you found him? Actually, if we were honest with ourselves, we would say, "I am seeking a sense of peace, a consciousness of harmony, a consciousness of health, a consciousness of the wholeness of being." We can sum that up, too, in the phrase, "a consciousness of happiness." If we are happy, we have all these things, and our happiness is all inclusive. Someone has said that happiness is a butterfly, which when pursued, is always just beyond your grasp, but which, if you will sit down quietly, may alight on you. If it is true that the kingdom of God is within you, happiness cannot be found ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...g The Consciousness of Good.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:35- 98K
Find Similar Documents
Rising in Consciousness: Chapter 4, Realization
- ... I wonder if someone was having a healing, because it was so easy to reach you. That is not possible with the human senses, but with the spiritual sense I can reach and touch and commune with the spiritual sense of you. That is the real sense of communion and that is where healing work takes place; not in calling you a human being, a divine idea, but in reaching through the appearance to the reality. That is when healing takes place. When through that spiritual sense I have contacted the reality of you, it is not so much that you are mind or God, as that God is all the reality or mind there is of you. That God, the universal good, is the individual life, mind, soul of you and of me. So starting with God, we come down to its individualization and find it to be you. Therein comes this great law of forgiveness. It is so easy, when we look at people as humans, to find something in them that needs changing or altering or improving or condoning. Sometimes we feel so self-righteous when we find someone doing something we think is wrong and we say, "I can forgive them." This is all part of the human picture and will heal nothing. True forgiveness is not sitting in judgment on a person, first finding them to be wrong and then deciding to forgive them for being wrong. True forgiveness is in closing our eyes and getting within, in the spiritual sense of things, and there getting in touch with the reality of that individual and finding that all reality is God and there never has been a sin or a mistake or anything to overcome. Even if you did correct the sins and faults of your friends or loved ones, you still would not have accomplished much in a spiritual way. When you blot out the picture of all humanhood, the good as well as the bad, and get close to the center of being, close to God, you will find that sooner or later, when you open your eyes, those friends or relatives will no longer be the erring individuals they now appear to be. And we will go into the manner of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ess_ Chapter 4, Realization.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:06- 107K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Interpretation of Scripture: Cleansing the Temple
- CLEANSING THE TEMPLE WHEN YOU COME TO THE CHRIST, come with a sincere desire to be cleansed within. You are not merely coming to a teaching from which you except to receive more or better human conditions. You are not merely seeking to have your human existence made easier, healthier or even a bit longer - but you really are asking to be lifted entirely above the human level of life to an awareness and demonstration of Life eternal - the spiritual consciousness of Life and its harmonies. Do not then hold on to the personal sense of good that has so long obstructed your vision of the Christ. Be willing; be prepared for the Christ to dispel all personal sense - even that which is humanly good. To come to the Christ - to put on the Robe of Christ, and yet consciously insist on holding to greed, hate, envy, lust, bigotry, jealousy and ingratitude - is to invite disaster. When you open your thought to the Christ with honesty, the divine Presence will dispel all erroneous traits and characteristics, and will reveal you as the perfect spiritual Temple. If you cling to certain errors while inviting the entrance of the Christ into the Temple of your being, you set up a warfare between the Spirit and the flesh - between the Soul and material sense - and this warfare may wreck the Temple of your being, your body, at least temporarily. Come to this search for Truth with spiritual integrity. Your present sins, faults and limitations are not to be feared. They will disappear as you surrender the personal or material sense of existence for the spiritual consciousness of Life. The Metaphysical Dictionary says, "Solomon's Temple is a symbol of the regenerated body of man, which, when he attains it, he will never again leave. This enduring Temple is built in the understanding of Spirit as the one and only cause of all things." When you realize God, Soul or Spirit as the only causative Principle, you likewise understand that all that exists is of that eternal substance and is ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pture_ Cleansing the Temple.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:16- 71K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Meditation: Chapter VII, For God So Loved the World
- CHAPTER VII FOR GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life. JOHN 3:16 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God. . . . I JOHN 3:1 The secret of the beauty and glory of holiness is God manifest, God incarnate in the flesh. God so loved the world that He gave Himself to this world, appearing visibly as the Son of God, which, according to His promise, I am and which you are. God is my being and God is your being: God is our true identity. Spiritually understood, this earth is heaven. Heaven and earth are one, because God has manifested Himself upon the earth. God has given unto Himself this universe made up of the stars, sun, moon, and planets. God has created for His glory this footstool which we call the earth. All this God has evolved from within Himself, and for His glory. God, in His own great glory, is manifested as individual being. We are not separate and apart from God, but we are the very essence of God, the very selfhood of God, unfolded, revealed, and brought into active expression as individual being. All things in heaven and on earth are given unto us because of this relationship of divine sonship. All things that exist, exist for our purpose. As joint heirs with Christ in God, this earth is ours. From everlasting to everlasting we are fulfilled. God has ordained the law governing the union of Himself with His beloved Son, providing him with all that belongs to the Father, and drawing unto the Son all that the Father has established for him, since before the foundation of the world: "I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." I am come that you might have life-My life-My life, your individual life. My life is the life of individual being, knowing no age, knowing no change, knowing no deterioration from its God-estate. But you must live ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... For God So Loved the World.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:29- 76K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Healing: Chapter XVI, Is
- CHAPTER XVI IS The basis of all spiritual teaching is that spiritual consciousness evolves in what is called "time." We may wonder why time enters into that which is eternity and which knows no such thing as time, but the element of time is involved because spiritual evolution is the unfolding of consciousness, which to our sense appears as time. However, there is a definite moment in time and space when each one of us makes the transition from law to grace. Up to that point, we are students of truth, seekers after God; and through our study and good works, we hope and expect to improve our human situation. The Hindus liken this process of spiritual evolution to the peeling away of the skins of an onion. The peeling away of one layer of skin is barely perceptible, but by the time ten or fifteen layers have been removed, a definite change is noticeable. As the skins are removed, layer by layer, eventually a place is reached where there are no more onion skins: There is only nothingness; the onion is no more. And so it is that human beings are born into this world, bringing with them numbers of layers of material sense to which they continually add, building up the onion-self, skin by skin, until they begin the return journey to the Father's house. When that spiritual impulse is felt, then we begin to study and meditate, always with the goal that one day we may actually feel God within us, realize the Presence, be touched by Him, and come to live under grace in that state of consciousness in which there is no longer any law-no longer a law of good and evil, no longer a law of cause and effect, no longer a law of punishment and reward: There is only a state of grace-and at a certain moment in our experience, it happens. Such an experience takes place in time. It may happen at ten o'clock in the morning, at midnight, or in the silence of the early morning hours, but at some time or other it does take place, and we feel that inner impulsion and know that we have felt it. ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...al Healing_ Chapter XVI, Is.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:34- 100K
Find Similar Documents
The Government of Eden: Chapter 3, Heaven Is Earth Spiritually Understood
- III heaven is earth spiritually understood "M Y KINGDOM" 1 is not up in heaven, and "this world" is not down on earth. But whether or not we are living in this world or heaven, in My kingdom, depends not on going someplace at some time, but on the degree of spiritual discernment that is developed within us. It determines the degree of heaven we experience; the lack of it determines the degree of hell we experience. "I and my Father are one" 2 is a universal relationship, but certainly, you would never believe it looking at the human race because it isn't the human race that is one with God, or else it would be God-governed and God-maintained. It is the Son of God that is raised up in you through spiritual discernment. Spiritual discernment deprives us of a great deal of emotion and sensuality, and sometimes we wonder if there is anything to take the place of these good emotions or nice sensuality, but indeed, there is. With the spiritual capacity comes an awareness of God's universe, God's man, and God's body, which far transcends any human sense of joy or beauty that the mind can know. "Leave thy nets" 3 ; leave the physical sense of universe- sun, moon, stars, mountains, seas, and human bodies-and come unto Me. See as I see, hear as I hear, discern as I do, the spiritual nature of this universe, and then find that heaven is established on earth. Responding and Reacting to the World Spiritually, the world is embodied in us, within our consciousness. To be able to experience this, you must understand what that means. We live in a world of mountains and valleys, streams and rivers and oceans, suns, moons, and stars; we live in a world of warmth and ice, but we react to this world from our state of consciousness. Actually, there is no good or evil in the world. The world is a mountain, a valley, a river, an ocean, a tree, a sun, moon, a star, but it is not good, it is not bad, nor any degree in between. When we, who live here, say how wonderful is life in these ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...overnment of Eden_Chapter 3.pdf
Modified: 2021-01-25 13:32:06- 93K
Find Similar Documents
Collected Essays of Joel Goldsmith: The Fourth Dimension of Life
- The Fourth Dimension of Life WHEN THE MASTER, Christ Jesus, says, "I can of my own self do nothing, the Father within me doeth the works," when Paul says, "I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me"-they are revealing the Fourth Dimension of life in which you do not live "by bread alone," nor by personal will, effort or even personal wisdom. There comes a point in your experience when you are not solely you-but in which you are conscious of a Presence within. This point of transition comes when the Presence becomes real within you and takes over your life. From the moment of this transitional experience you do not again take any anxious thought for your life because there is always this IT-this Christ-or divine Presence, and IT brings to you the harmonies of your daily experience. In this transitional experience you pass from being merely a human being, thinking your own thoughts, planning your own life, arranging your own affairs to a place in Consciousness where you really and truly "feel" this inner Presence, and you then live as if you had stepped aside a little-say two or three inches to the side of yourself-and are watching your life being lived for you. If you, at that moment, are in the business world, you will find business coming to you that you were not personally responsible for-that is, you had made no personal effort to secure. If you are an author or composer, you will find ideas flowing, such ideas as you have never dreamed of, flowing to you from within- and you will know that you are not creating them, but they are given you by an inner Grace. If you are in Spiritual Work, the Healing or Teaching Ministry, you will find patients and students being led to you, and all will be spiritually healed and led by the Spirit. Thereby you would understand that "I live-yet not I, but Christ liveth my life. The Father worketh hitherto, and I work." At this point you become the instrument for the operation and activity of divine Consciousness. When the Master ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...he Fourth Dimension of Life.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:15- 93K
Find Similar Documents
The Early Years: Chapter 15, One Infinite Life
- ~ 15 ~ ONE INFINITE LIFE We speak of "your" life, "my" life, or "his" or "her" life, whereas it is necessary for us to remember that there is in all the world only one life. This life is deathless, ageless, diseaseless, and changeless; it is the individual expression of that one divine life. In other words, our life is divine life individualized. It contains no element of matter, discord or inharmony, no decomposition or decrepitude. This life, of which we are the individual expression, is composed of the substance of spirit, is infinite, eternal and harmonious. "He that seeth me seeth him that sent me." 1 Whether we speak of you or me, we are speaking of divine life, individually expressed in all its harmony and perfection. This life is mind, and the faculties of mind are universally and impartially expressed through all of mind's ideas. Its faculties are never dependent on material conditions, or circumstances of birth, age or maturity. So let us learn to drop the "my" life, "my" vision, "my" understanding, "my" supply, and think in terms of life, vision, understanding and supply; and all of these as individually expressed through you and me. Intelligence, wisdom, vision, power, are not personal, but are impersonal, impartial and universal. In a universe governed by divine principle, man never leaves his state of peace, harmony, health and security. The law of spirit, divine principle, maintains man forever in his rightful place and condition of being. There are no material states or stages of consciousness for there is but one consciousness-spiritual consciousness-in which there is neither matter nor material beliefs. This is our only consciousness; there is no material substance, no material body, and in this consciousness man is found spiritual, incorporeal, harmonious and complete. Health, harmony, wholeness, is the direct result of consciousness. It is not dependent on mental manipulation but on our consciousness of the harmony, peace and freedom of all God's ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...apter 15, One Infinite Life.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:45- 80K
Find Similar Documents
A Parenthesis in Eternity: Chapter XXIV, The Master Alchemist
- CHAPTER XXIV THE MASTER ALCHEMIST Too many Occidentals believe that the mystical life is not only impractical, but largely a figment of the imagination. In this age, however, the way of mysticism is being shown to be, not something mythical, mysterious, or occult, but spiritual, and a far more practical way of life than any yet devised in the human realm. It changes life from the everyday humdrum human experience with its trials and tribulations and its ups and downs to an entirely different kind of life, one lived from within, and yet not lived by us, but rather lived through us-a life in which we pass from living by taking thought and by our own effort to living by the Spirit. The Master Christ Jesus taught his followers to "resist not evil," to cease from strife of all kinds whether by the sword or the law, and to give twice as much in return if something were taken from them. Such a teaching sounds very impractical for this day and age, but as a matter of fact, it is far more practical than living a life dependent for its security and safety upon an army, navy, and air force: not only would we be relieved of the staggering expense of maintaining them, but we would also be relieved of any danger from an enemy because in this way of life there are no enemies. It would be as impossible to live with this transcendental Presence and have an enemy as it would be to live with It and then find oneself in danger from snakes, wild animals, starvation, or any other form of physical or mental discord. This is a very difficult idea for the human mind to grasp. What the unillumined mind sees, hears, tastes, touches, and smells seems so real, and the material and mental universe looks so real, that nothing could be considered quite as ridiculous as to stand before the highest temporal authority of the day and calmly state, "Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above," or to say, "Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... XXIV, The Master Alchemist.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:02- 107K
Find Similar Documents