Spiritual Discernment: Chapter 4, Immortality Unveiled
- Chapter Four Immortality Unveiled It is not possible to enter into the Christ-consciousness while you are trying to change appearances. Evil becomes less operative in your life, however, as you rise to a place in consciousness where you recognize that God is Spirit, that Spirit alone is power, and that there is no power aside from Spirit-not that there is not a claim of material and mental power in the human world. But you cannot change that until you rise above the material and mental levels into the spiritual, and it is there that you will recognize the illusory nature of all so-called powers. Actually, it is impossible for an illusion to create any real thing. All it can create is a mental image in thought. The world is the temple of God. It is not an illusion even though some Oriental teachings claim it is. The illusion is in our sense of the world. But what has happened to those who have accepted this world as an illusion? "By their fruits ye shall know them."1 Has there been clearly identifiable fruitage? God never created an illusion, and God did create the world which to human sense is seen "through a glass darkly."2 If only it could be seen face to face, this very universe would be the temple of God, as your individual body would be. Your body is the temple of God, but you are seeing it through the universal belief in two powers, and the sooner you come to some measure of realization of one power, the sooner will your body begin to respond. As you learn this principle of the Infinite Way, you will disregard appearances, knowing that you are witnessing these appearances through the illusory sense of the belief in two powers. Impersonal Nature of Error Makes Healing Relatively Easy Infinite Way work is carried on entirely from the standpoint that all evil, regardless of its name or nature, is impersonal and has its source in a universal belief in two powers. It is for this reason that you never take the name of the patient or the disease into your treatment. ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter 4, Immortality Unveiled.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:14- 121K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Meditation: Chapter XVIII, A Circle of Christhood
- CHAPTER XVIII A CIRCLE OF CHRISTHOOD Is it reasonable to expect that there can be a whole group of people in modern times so dedicated to the Christ-life that they will live by actual spiritual contact? Is it conceivable that a body of students or earnest aspirants on the spiritual path will evolve, who will seriously accept the hypothesis that they, of themselves, are nothing, but that God is all? Is it within the range of possibility that a group of people will appear on this earth, who have arrived at that point of realization where life is lived by the Spirit? Such a group would establish a pattern for the whole world. Always there have been isolated individuals who have achieved Christhood by grace, but at no period in the history of the world has it been either realized or maintained by a group. No one has been able to impart it to a group, because up to this moment no effective way of transmitting the Christ-consciousness to large numbers has been found-at least none that has been effective. It was imparted by Jesus to the twelve disciples, and out of the twelve only three or four were able to maintain it. It was taught to several students by Buddha, but only two of them understood it, and of Lao-Tze's disciples, only one was able to carry on. Today the wisdom of all ages is again coming to light in human consciousness: "Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord." This teaching of oneness is the ancient secret of the mystics revealed throughout all time by every one of the great spiritual lights of the world. Every great religious teacher has caught this vision of oneness. This it is which enables us to unite in that selfsame realization that if I am in the Father, and the Father is in me, then, you are in me, and I am in you; and we are all one in the Father, united in one consciousness. Despite the diverse forms of religious worship and teaching prevalent today, men and women of whatever persuasion should be able to unite in this age-old wisdom of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...III, A Circle of Christhood.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:31- 85K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: August 16, 1963, One with God: Praying for the World
- ONE WITH GOD: PRAYING FOR THE WORLD August 16, 1963 Honolulu, Hawaii GOOD EVENING. In the early years of our study of The Infinite Way, we must abide by the specific principles of this message very carefully, very closely and very intensely, because the study and practice of these principles develops our consciousness to where we no longer hate, fear, or love the human scene. We develop our consciousness to that place where we recognize that there is something greater than ourselves functioning within us. We of ourselves could never do the things that we are called upon to do. We of ourselves could not help people to overcome serious diseases, or to lose sins and false appetites, or to mold new dispositions. There is nothing about us as people that would ever enable us to do that for another. It is only when we have been touched by that which is transcendental, by that which is spiritual, that we can at least approach Paul in his statement: "I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me," 1 or the Master's: "I can of mine own self do nothing" 2 -the Father doeth the works. The study and practice of specific Infinite Way principles raises our consciousness because it helps us to overcome fear of anything in the manifest realm. It helps us to realize the non-power of what the world calls power. As we progress in this work through study and practice, and as some measure of the spirit of God enters our consciousness, we find ourselves called upon to help others. The others may not know why they come to us-it is something they feel, but they do come and they do ask our help, and generally we can give it. Usually, by the time they come asking for help, we have the spiritual endowment that makes it possible to give them their help. Eventually this begins to dawn in the consciousness of every spiritual student, regardless of his approach: "If this that functions through me for the benefit of myself and others is so powerful, can it not then help the entire world? If I can pray ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... God_ Praying for the World.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:08- 99K
Find Similar Documents
Rising in Consciousness: Chapter 1, Creative Meditation
- ... Now remember that everyone in the human world is faced with the belief of a physical body. They are faced with the belief of physical supply. And right now, they are being faced with the belief of atomic bombs and rumors of wars. In the human picture there is no way of avoiding those experiences or of rising above them. The only way is the spiritual way, and the spiritual way is that way where the Christ becomes the reality of our being! And when we begin to look out from the standpoint of God, the sum total of all creation, then we are fulfilling the greatest law ever revealed by Jesus Christ-the law of forgiveness. There is no greater law than that of forgiveness. Remember, love God with all thy might and love your neighbor as yourself. That neighbor is every human being on earth, every animal, every plant! And there is no way you can love them while holding them in condemnation. In this meditation, then, see and understand that God is the life, soul, mind, not only of friends, but of all so-called enemies. And, in that way, you will eliminate all enemies. Jesus said to Pilate, "Thou canst have no power over me, unless it came from the Father in heaven." 8 That is our answer to enemies or enmity of every form whether appearing as man, sin, disease, or lack. Some of you who heard me in January will remember how many times I stressed this fact: that this law of forgiving, this law of forgiveness, is the real law of demonstration. This ability to see God as the mind, the life and soul of enemies as well as of friends. Why? Because not only in the Old Testament, but all the way through the teachings of Jesus, we have this reminder-the first commandment is the secret of life. Only one God, only one life; the life of every one of us; the life of our so-called enemies. God is the only mind, and therefore God must be the mind of what we call enemies! Only one God, and only one creation-and all spiritual! In that meditation, can you not see that as long as your ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter 1, Creative Meditation.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:05- 108K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: August 1955, Essential Points in Infinite Way Practice
- ... Although outwardly it may seem that you have but one dollar, in the recognition of the infinite nature of your own being you can take at least one coin and say, "Out of the visible evidence of my infinity, I will share that which I have." On the scale of the Spirit, money is the least of that which we have to give, so let us not look to the purse to see how many dollars we have. "Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee." Turn to the infinite consciousness within and see how much of forgiveness, justice, kindness, freedom, harmony and wholeness you can bestow. Count your wealth by the realization of your Sonship with God. Every truth that has been revealed from the beginning of time is given as living scripture, to be embodied within you, lived and practiced. "I and my Father are one. . . . All things that the Father hath are mine," does not mean anything unless you are willing to take that truth into consciousness, and practice it daily by beginning to give and to ... A teacher who has learned spiritual wisdom has a responsibility far beyond teaching A-B-Cs and 1- 2-3s, and that is to realize that these are not child-minds and child-bodies, but that each is the Mind of God, disclosing and revealing Itself; each is the Temple of the living God, unfolding normally, joyfully, innocently and harmoniously. Philosophy and religion teach that we are poor, weak mortals, and yet they acknowledge that God is our Father. Is that not a sin? God is our Father, therefore we are divine sons, subject only to the government of the Father! We are Children of God, and we have the infinite spiritual storehouse of the Father to draw upon for life and love, for forgiveness, justice and mercy, for integrity, loyalty and fidelity. The very Soul of God is your individual Soul, and it is out of that Soul (the kingdom of God within you) that your good flows. However, it is available only in the degree of your knowing the truth, consciously realizing it, practicing and making ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ts in Infinite Way Practice.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:57- 137K
Find Similar Documents
The Altitude Of Prayer: Chapter 7, Planting and Cultivating The Seed
- ~ 7 ~ PLANTING AND CULTIVATING THE SEED WITH THE CONTINUED PRACTICE of the presence of God comes a steady lessening of personal responsibility. An inner quiet, a peace, and a joy develop which make contemplative meditation easier. The practice of the Presence begins to remold your entire consciousness so that instead of your living your own life or being dependent on your own wisdom, education, or physical strength, you are now drawing on this untapped invisible Source which is available to every person in the degree that he knows the truth. Throughout the day as you acknowledge that regardless of the name or nature of your problem there is a He within you greater than any problem that faces you, you relax in Him. Eventually the day comes when you can say, "I am not living my own life. I am living, yes, but I am not striving or struggling: Christ is living my life, this Spirit of God in me, this spiritual Presence." There is an awareness of Something. Practicing the presence of God leads to meditation, and meditation leads to the actual contact with God and an inner assurance of His presence. Then you are praying the prayer that enables you to be in the inner sanctuary within yourself and there tabernacle with God. THE INVISIBLE LIFE-FORCE IN OPERATION Think for a moment of a garden. To bring forth fruitage, seeds must be planted. You may keep the seeds stored away for days, weeks, months, or years, and nothing happens to them. But the moment you place those seeds in the ground and provide them with the necessary rain, sun, air, and temperature, something happens. The seed breaks open, takes root, sends shoots up through the ground, and eventually becomes a plant or tree, bearing flowers or fruit. The point is that something happened to that seed when it was placed in its natural environment, the ground. If you could look down into the ground, using the most powerful of magnifying glasses and time-photography, you would observe the seed breaking open, but you could ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ng and Cultivating The Seed.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:26- 120K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Is What I Am: Chapter 9, The Issues of Life Are in Consciousness
- ~ 9 ~ THE ISSUES OF LIFE ARE IN CONSCIOUSNESS Spiritual consciousness is the opposite of all we have been taught from infancy. For one thing it is a reversal of the commonly accepted idea of substance as that which we can see, feel, touch, or handle. So much effort is put into acquiring money, property, or merchandise that the world places its value in these things. Why are wars fought? Why are political elections held? Why the eternal struggle to try to own a business or create a monopoly? Is it not primarily for the purpose of acquiring money, property, or merchandise? All the thousands of years that this has been going on, people have not learned that even after these things are acquired there is no assurance of their being able to hold onto them or that they will buy the things they hoped to get. A gross materialist does not work for money for the sake of getting money. He believes that the money will buy something called satisfaction, pleasure, security, peace of mind, or power. Few persons think that money in and of itself is valuable. Even the man who owns a gold mine is not satisfied to keep the gold. He has to translate it into some other substance. Everyone who struggles for money expects to trade it, or some of it, for those things called peace of mind, health, or power. It is the same with those who gormandize. It is not the food they care about. Always in connection with the eating or overindulgence in food or drink is the belief that the indulgence will bring satisfaction. Where the materialist differs from those of spiritual vision is that the materialist believes that he must first accumulate the matter and then exchange it for spiritual values. In that he fails. The person of spiritual vision does not believe that spiritual qualities can be purchased with money, property, or merchandise. Rather he has arrived at the realization that they come from some fountain within his own being having nothing to do with money, and that a person may have no money ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...f Life Are in Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:24- 128K
Find Similar Documents
Beyond Words & Thoughts: Chapter 7, World Work For All Infinite Way Students
- ~ 7 ~ WORLD WORK FOR ALL INFINITE WAY STUDENTS Most persons in the world are confident that ultimately there will be a good world, and that either the evolution of human consciousness or just the passing of time will make it so. In this belief they are "barking up the wrong tree," because human consciousness is built on self-preservation as its first law, and therefore, the longer human consciousness evolves, the more ways it is going to find of preserving itself at somebody else's expense. As you well know, the world has not been saved in all these thousands of years; and if it is to be saved, it will not be by human consciousness evolving to the point of making bigger and better bombs or forming bigger and better organizations. No, if the world is to be saved, it will be by the activity of the Christ in human consciousness, and this activity will eventually erase human consciousness, so that no longer will self-preservation be the first law of human nature. Certainly all those on the spiritual path are discovering that they are experiencing fewer of the world's problems and that they are better enabled to meet those problems. But Infinite Way students who engage in prayer and meditation for themselves and for their families must go beyond their immediate circle and set aside a little time for the rest of the world. Probably some students may not have thought this important because they are so certain that the world is going to be saved. The world, however, is really a world made up of individuals, and just as each one of us could go on being a human being from the cradle to the grave and still die a human being, so, too, can the whole world go on the same way. It is because the activity of the Christ has touched our individual consciousness in some measure that we find ourselves to a degree free of the world's problems. It is only when a person has been touched by that which is transcendental, by that which is spiritual, that he can even begin to approach the goal ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...r All Infinite Way Students.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:11- 125K
Find Similar Documents
The Master Speaks: Chapter 10, Spiritual Existence
- ... I think that is why I use the term spiritual integrity so much. We can do many things humanly that may not seem right to the world; but when we are on the spiritual path, it is then necessary to live up to our highest unfoldment, our highest developed sense of spiritual good. Then we do not have to fear what mortal man can do to us; we do not have to fear the past, the present, or the future. Here, too, our history as human beings may not always conform to our spiritual heritage. Therefore, let us learn not to judge according to appearances. Let us not be too concerned about each other's human history. We come out of varying backgrounds of sin or purity, disease or health, and ignorance or wisdom. But though the sin be as scarlet, it will be white as snow once we touch the spiritual level of consciousness. One of the great sins of organization is that often after it accepts an individual in Christ, it then proceeds to ferret out his past and sit in judgment upon him. Instead of working through a sense of forgiveness and understanding, it still applies the same code of human conduct or human punishment or human action as before. Even on this spiritual path, we make human mistakes. It has been done over and over again in the Protestant ministry, in the Catholic ministry, in the Hebrew ministry. And we all know that in the metaphysical ministry people well along the path have been subject to temptation and have fallen. So let us not adopt the attitude of the world-criticism, judgment, or condemnation. Rather let us see if we cannot work together, and with our enlightenment lift each other up so as to make it impossible for any one to fall by the wayside again. In other words, even though there is a sense of humanness among us, let us not judge humanly. Let us not act as the human world acts. Let us not work from the standpoint of expulsion or ostracism. Let us rather take the attitude that we are all one; and, therefore, our purpose is upliftment, not punishment, or ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter 10, Spiritual Existence.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:28- 122K
Find Similar Documents
Living by Grace: Chapter 3, The Christ Ministry
- Jesus said unto His disciples: Go and shew John again those things which ye do hear and see: The blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, and the dead are raised up, and the poor have the gospel preached to them. (Matthew 11:5) That is the will of God for man! Never let anyone tell you that God's will for man is not good! Never let anyone tell you that it is God's will that you be punished for any sin that you have committed. The Master's ministry was one of healing and forgiveness. He forgave the woman taken in adultery and the thief on the ... He taught that we must not pray until we have established peace with our fellowman. In other words, when you acknowledge that you love your neighbor as yourself, you are asking God's Grace not only for yourself, not only for your friends, but for all those who are reaching toward spiritual realization, whether they be friends or enemies. Christ's ministry was one of forgiveness. He condemned no man. It is not God's will that people be punished for their sins, but that they be forgiven. Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more. (John 8:11) He that is without sin among you, let him cast the ... Each group within a community had a priest who would call them together twice a year. He would line them up in front of him and ask each one, "Have you had any trouble with anyone in this group in the past six months?" If the answer was, "Yes," he would instruct, "Make peace now. Begin forgiving him or asking for his forgiveness!" And then, "Have you entertained any jealousy or animosity? Begin now by asking forgiveness and by forgiving!" And, "Have you had lust or animality toward anyone? Start now asking forgiveness and by forgiving!" Thus, each person was compelled to purge himself and herself of these negative human emotions. They were then told, "Now the peace of God can begin to flow in your minds and bodies. Without this, you are blocking entrance to the Divine Grace." Is it ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter 3, The Christ Ministry.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:46- 94K
Find Similar Documents