Spiritual Discernment: Chapter 12, The Transition to Christhood
- ... But it cannot be ruled out of your consciousness while you are living on the human plane, which is under the law. It can be ruled out of your consciousness only if you will accept yourself as the Christ, or as a disciple or apostle of the Christ, and realize that you have moved from the human state of consciousness to the spiritual. You are now at that place where your life is a life of forgiveness, a benediction, a blessing, and no evil can come nigh you because you are not seeking anything. You are not even seeking good. As long as you are not seeking, you are not going to receive. You will always be. This is your real nature: being! I and the Father are one in being and in essence. I and the Father are ... To pray for the world means to look out as if seeing this globe of the universe in front of you, and feel your hands or your love going out around that globe with "Father, forgive them, they know not what they do. I pray that your sins be forgiven you. I pray that the Christ dwell in your heart. I pray that no penalties ever be inflicted upon you for the past. I pray that you know spiritual freedom, spiritual justice, spiritual life, and spiritual law." Hold that globe in a whole armful of love, understanding, and forgiveness, and allow no thought of victory to enter your mind: no victory over man, no victory over ideologies, no victory over nations-not victories, but peace. There never can be peace when there are victories, because with every victory there is a loss, and the loser must always think about the next possibility of gain. Never think of victories: think of peace. "My peace I give unto you."17 Keep that globe in your arms: "'My peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you,'17 My peace, spiritual peace, the peace that brings with it forgiveness and comfort. My comfort give I unto you; spiritual comfort." Remember that you have moved. You are not sitting at the feet of the Master; you are sitting beside the Master, and you now ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...he Transition to Christhood.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:16- 122K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Interpretation of Scripture: Infinite Individual Consciousness
- INFINITE INDIVIDUAL CONSCIOUSNESS EVERY INDIVIDUAL in the world has within his own consciousness every invention, every art, that was ever known. We are the embodiment of every law in the universe. Through a process that we call learning we seem to be taking in a little metaphysics today, a little music tomorrow, while the truth is they are already a part of our consciousness, and our awareness of them is only unfolding by degrees. There are people who are able to grasp these things without going through the usual process. This is cosmic consciousness. This explains child prodigies. These people are universal Mind without any obstruction. The closer we get to the realization of this universal Consciousness, the more infinitude becomes apparent. Truth is not added to your consciousness - it comes through unfoldment. Our so-called human consciousness is a shutter. At one point, it admits very little light; opened a little more, it admits more light, and as we become more and more spiritually minded, the shutter opens wider and wider, until eventually all humanhood disappears. The full light then shines through. We cannot increase our consciousness, it is infinite already, but we can become aware of its infinite nature. You cannot add to yourself; you cannot even become more spiritual or more wise, but only more aware of the infinity of your own spiritual consciousness, in proportion as you realize that God is the Mind, substance and Spirit of you. We may come to the study of metaphysics or the Bible to gain better health; or we may come to the search for God to increase our wealth or business activity, but in the last analysis that is not what is going to happen to us. True, this increased sense of spiritual good will produce better humanhood, increase our ease in matter, and even prolong our human sense of existence a few years, but this is not the object of our study. The object of our search for Truth is to gain a spiritual sense of existence that we may live ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Individual Consciousness....pdf
Modified: 2017-08-23 12:43:28- 85K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Living: Chapter 10, The Invisible
- Chapter Ten The Invisible Contemplative meditation can be a starting point for all meditation and can make it possible for a person to ease into a deeper form of meditation. That does not mean that there are not some persons already sufficiently adept in the art of meditation so that they no longer have to use the contemplative form as a first step. But these persons are few and far between. Unless you are among those in that category, it is wise to read the Bible or a spiritual or inspirational book for a few minutes until some particular idea or principle becomes uppermost in your mind. Then put the book aside and begin a contemplative meditation in which in all likelihood you will contemplate some truth that has struck you through what you have read. It might be a scriptural passage such as: "Where the spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty" 1 Now contemplate that for a moment: "Where the spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty." Where is the spirit of the Lord? Is It not where I am? If I mounted up to heaven, would I not find the spir- it of the Lord there? If I made my bed in hell, would I not find the spirit of the Lord there? If "I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,"2 there, too, I will find the spirit of the Lord, for the Lord is where I am, and the Lord, the presence of God, fills all space. It fills this space where I am. And even more important than that is the truth that "the kingdom of God is within"3 me, so the presence of God is within me. Yes, the presence of God, closer than breathing, is within me. The spirit of God is within me. Here where I am, the spirit of the Lord is, and "where the spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty." So right here where I am, there is liberty. I cannot be bound; I cannot be limited, I cannot be circumscribed, for where God is, I am. And where God is, there is liberty; there is freedom, peace, and fulfillment. In the presence of God is fulfillment, and that presence is where I am. Therefore, here where I am ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..._ Chapter 10, The Invisible.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:36- 118K
Find Similar Documents
The Contemplative Life: Chapter 3, Beginning the Contemplative Life
- ~ 3 ~ BEGINNING THE CONTEMPLATIVE LIFE In the Orient, as many of you know, those who are interested in attaining spiritual illumination go to a teacher and, as a rule, live with or near the teacher for a period of six, seven, or eight years, and by means of meditation with as well as without the teacher, meditation with other students, and spiritual instruction, eventually attain their illumination: satori, enlightenment, or the fourth dimensional consciousness. Mankind as a whole, however, is not geared for this kind of teaching, nor do many desire, need, or even have the capacity for full enlightenment. This is attested by the fact that some students and disciples who have lived in close association with their teachers even for many years could not or did not reach the heights, whereas others may have received it in two or three years. The question, then, for the young student at first is not one of attaining that degree of illumination which would set him up as a spiritual teacher or healer, but primarily how to attain sufficient illumination or enlightenment to be able to free himself from the discords and inharmonies of daily living and build up within himself a spiritual sense that would not only lift him above the world's troubles- his family or community troubles-but would enable him to live a normal family, business, or professional life, and yet be inspired, fed, and supported by an inner experience and contact. Recognize the Universality of God It is well known that all people of a religious turn of mind-whatever their religion may be-can attain some measure of inner harmony and peace and find themselves in possession of an inner grace that eventually lives their lives for them. It makes no difference what a person's religion is because there is only one God, only one Spirit; and that Spirit knows no difference between a Jew and a Gentile, a Protestant and a Catholic, an Oriental and an Occidental. The Spirit is beyond and above any denominational beliefs ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ning the Contemplative Life.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:38- 134K
Find Similar Documents
The Master Speaks: Chapter 19, The Infinite Invisible
- ~ 19 ~ THE INFINITE INVISIBLE Meditation is our preparation for the inflow of the Spirit. It is the period during which we realize our oneness with the Infinite. That realization gives us the very presence of Spirit, Itself, with which to face the day. We have been inclined to believe that since God is omnipresent, always and everywhere present, that that is all there is to spiritual living and to the assurance of God's being at hand. But any such assumption is contradicted by a study of the history of the world. The omnipresence of God is of no avail to any one except in proportion to his conscious oneness with it, his conscious attunement, his conscious feeling and realization of it. Without that we go out on the street as human beings: we may reach our destination or we may not; we may catch cold or we may not; we may get sick or we may not. All these things are happening to people all over the world; but they are happening to people because they are going out into the world without making a conscious contact with the infinite Source, with the infinite Power. The promise is: "He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High" 1 - dwelleth, dwelleth, dwelleth in the secret place of the most High. He who dwells there, he who lives and moves and has his being in Spirit, is protected from the so-called evils of the world. "Pray without ceasing." 2 Go into the inner sanctuary and there find your communion or oneness with God. A study of scripture on the subject of prayer will show you how important prayer is; and then a study of modern metaphysical writings will show you the nature of prayer. I suppose we know more about prayer in this age than did most of those who were responsible for writing the Bible; at least, we know more about how to reveal the nature of prayer. Many of them may have known about true prayer within their own being, but their concept of prayer, praying to God for something, has not done the world much good. The modern idea of prayer, which is ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... 19, The Infinite Invisible.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:30- 129K
Find Similar Documents
The World Is New: Chapter 15, Immanuel
- ~ 15 ~ IMMANUEL Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all ye lands. Serve the Lord with gladness: come before his presence with singing. Know ye that the Lord he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name. For the Lord is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations. Psalm 100 "KNOW YE THAT THE LORD HE IS GOD: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves." Let us take that as our guiding light; let us try to realize in this moment that it is He that has made us, and not we ourselves. Just to be reminded of that truth and keep it uppermost in consciousness should be a healing influence. Immediately, whatever of sin, disease, or discord may be floating about anywhere should begin to fade out with the realization: "It is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves." That places the responsibility for our health, wealth, peace, safety and security upon God, the creative Principle. To each one of us, God means something different, but those differences are not important. What is important is that we recognize that there is a creative Principle, a causative Power, and that It created us, and not we ourselves. In the New Testament, John confirms this truth when he says, "Now are we the sons of God." 1 Again it is made clear that God is the causative or creative principle of our being. If once we are able to accept that, how comforting it is to realize that that which God has created He must maintain and sustain. God must be the law unto it-not only the law-giver, but the law itself. God must be the life of that which God creates, and if God is the life of our being, then our being is eternal and immortal. Therefore, to accept even for a moment the belief or fear of death, of passing on, or of leaving this plane of consciousness is really a sin against the Holy Ghost. We ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...s New_ Chapter 15, Immanuel.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:45- 117K
Find Similar Documents
Collected Essays of Joel Goldsmith: The Deep Silence of My Peace
- The Deep Silence of My Peace "MY PEACE I GIVE unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you," but My peace, a peace to which you must cling even when the turmoil which disturbs the outer world comes into your world to bring about either doubt or fear of those things or conditions that exist in the world. If you really want to attain a sense of peace, learn to drop all thought or concern for whatever it is that is disturbing in the outer picture. Now, it is not easy for me to write this any more than it is easy for you to read it, but the desire in the hearts of most of us right now is for some solution to an outer problem, a problem of human existence, to something that is disturbing us in the world of health or wealth. Most of us are concerned about something in our human affairs, and we are seeking a solution to it. There is nothing wrong with that; the solution must appear because harmony must appear, but we will fail to find the solution as long as we are concerned with the problem and the solution of the problem. We can have the answer to that problem here and now if we can sufficiently drop our concern for it in the realization of this "My peace," that is, the Christ- peace. This is Jesus speaking: "My peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth"-not the peace of physical health or material wealth, not the satisfaction of personal desires, but something far transcending these, something that, when we experience it, wipes out entirely the need for human demonstration. That is what we want to achieve here and now. Right now we must, and many of us can, drop this concern, lose concern for whatever it is, whatever the nature of it may be, that we brought with us when we turned to these words. We cannot do this humanly by telling it to get out or "get . . . behind me, Satan," but we can open our consciousness at this minute to a realization of "My peace." Watch this as it flows through your consciousness; watch as you open yourself, even with the question: ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...he Deep Silence of My Peace.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:15- 119K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Is What I Am: Chapter 11, The Fourth-Dimensional Consciousness
- ~ 11 ~ THE FOURTH-DIMENSIONAL CONSCIOUSNESS Working and living with a message such as The Infinite Way and being on a path of this nature, there comes a time when a transition is made from living a normal human life in which we make decisions and accept responsibilities to one in which we become aware that we are not alone, but that there is Something else. Whatever it may be or however the experience comes to us, we have a feeling that Somebody or Something is very close to us, governing our life. We find ourselves going in directions that we had not thought about or planned, and perhaps doing a work that we had never before dreamed of. There is always an awareness of the Presence going before us to "make the crooked places straight," 1 walking beside us as protection or behind us as a rear guard. Whether we feel It as a Presence or as Something very personal will probably vary with each one of us. To me, It is always a Presence or a Spirit, and not often but sometimes when It speaks to me, It is an audible voice. Most of the time, however, It is just an awareness. After enough years had gone by in my life, it was certainly clear to me that I was not a writer, and yet a book came forth, out of which the whole activity of The Infinite Way was born. So it must be evident that there is Something that gave me this message, these principles, and that brought forth publishers and money enough to carry The Infinite Way around the world. That Something is behind the message of The Infinite Way, and I am merely the instrument through which It is functioning. Eventually, Spirit makes Itself evident to all those who work faithfully with these spiritual principles. It does not duplicate through them the work of The Infinite Way because that would not be intelligent. But It has been responsible for the editing of these writings and for raising up teachers, who have felt the Spirit to the extent that they also are but instruments through which the Spirit is projecting The ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...h-Dimensional Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:24- 119K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: March 15, 1964, Impersonalization and Silence
- IMPERSONALIZATION AND SILENCE March 15, 1964 The Halekulani Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii REMEMBERING THE SERIES that we concluded before we left on the trip to California, when you enter meditation and close your eyes to this world, remember that you are now in the corridor-or at least you are behind the door that opens to infinity. Through your consciousness you have access to the spiritual infinity of God, the kingdom of God, the realm of God, the world of God, the activity of God, the substance and the law of God. All of this is within you and yet the Master says "I stand at the door and knock." 1 I, the infinity, the kingdom, the realm, the world, the activity, thence, the law of God am closer to you than breathing, awaiting your invitation to enter-not to enter from outside because the kingdom of God is already within you, but to go from the center of you to the circumference-from the inner to the outer. This active meditation is really the opening of an inner door. In Los Angeles we started off with the dedication of a new study center, the one that has been opened by Mrs. Muhl. It is small, seats about forty students, is beautifully furnished, and will give an atmosphere for those out in the valley. California is certainly thriving; we had close to five hundred students in the Los Angeles class and close to four hundred in San Francisco. World work gets a great deal of attention in California, but you can see that world work is only going to produce fruitage as students can rise above their personal convictions. This presents a problem because we must in no wise lose our convictions. In other words it would be wrong to lose our convictions of what we believe to be right politically, economically, commercially, and internationally. When you come to world work you have to be in a position of being able to completely put those aside, first by acknowledging that no matter how much you are convinced that you are right, perhaps you are wrong. Let me illustrate: In my ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...personalization and Silence.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:17- 105K
Find Similar Documents
Man Was Not Born to Cry: Chapter 12, The Prince of Peace
- ~ 12 ~ THE PRINCE OF PEACE The full significance of Christmas can never be known except through an understanding of the unchanging nature of God, the God who is eternally and everlastingly the same yesterday, today, and forever. That which is of God always has been, that which has been is now, and that which is now always will be. To understand this reveals that the real Christmas did not begin two thousand years ago: it began in the beginning, before time was. What took place two thousand years ago was merely the revelation of an experience that has been continuous, not only since "before Abraham was," 1 but since before time was. God did not inaugurate anything new two thousand years ago. The true meaning of Christmas is that God planted in individual consciousness the seed that was to evolve as his Son. No one has ever existed, exists now, or ever will exist without this spiritual influence and power having been implanted in his consciousness from the beginning. The function of the Son of God was made clear through the ministry of Jesus Christ when he revealed, "I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly" 2 -not I, Jesus, but I, the Son of God. Jesus said, "If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true. . . . I of mine own self do nothing . . . 3 I am the bread of life . . . 4 I am the resurrection, and the life." 5 That was the Son of God speaking. Jesus was not all this: it was the Son of God speaking through him-the same Son of God which is in the midst of all of us as it has been in the midst of every individual since the beginning of time. Go Within to Find the Peace Established from the Beginning There is a story which tells of an ancient king who himself was peaceful, just, merciful, and kind, but who had a neighbor-king intent on war and conquest. Because of the nature of his being, the just and merciful king sent an ambassador to the neighboring king to seek peace. Meanwhile, to protect his people, he began to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter 12, The Prince of Peace.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:59- 133K
Find Similar Documents