Consciousness Unfolding: Chapter 9, The Christ
- ... When once we acknowledge God to be the reality of being, we have done away with the need for observing rituals, ceremonies, or creeds, or for celebrating holy days. All we have to do is to learn to live in the consciousness of our present perfection. Let us live in the constant realization of our true identity. After we have done that, there is only one other step, and that is to realize that the errors of the world, all of those things that the world is fighting, are not errors at all; they are illusions. And then, let us learn not to fight them, not to try to subdue or overcome them, or even try to get rid of them. Let us learn to live in a beautiful state of peace, the peace that comes from the understanding of God as the only reality of being. Effects of the Christ The Christ is always a gentle influence. From the moment It appears in our lives, we lose the ability to be very angry or very selfish. The Christ is made manifest in a gentleness of attitude toward those with whom we come in contact. The Christ is the greatest sense of forgiveness the world has yet known. That is the reason Jesus places so much stress on forgiving our enemies, praying for our enemies, forgiving and praying for those who despitefully use us, forgiving seventy times seven, forgiving every day those who seek it. The Christ, once It is received, cannot bear ill will, or hold enmity or antagonism even toward those who hate It. Do you remember Jesus' response to human hate: " 'Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.' 5 No one can destroy or hurt me, since I am life eternal. This is an opportunity to prove that anyone or anything calling himself or itself a hater of truth, a hater of love, is not a power. It is a balloon, ready for a pin to be stuck into it. So put up your sword. I will prove that they can do nothing. Those that live by the sword shall perish by the sword. Those who believe that error is so real that they must go ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ding_ Chapter 9, The Christ.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:30- 150K
Find Similar Documents
Living the Illumined Life: Chapter 2, First Steps On the Path of Discipleship
- Chapter Two First Steps On the Path of Discipleship Truth has been presented to the world throughout all ages, and by this time it would seem that everyone should know the truth, but there are very few who have had even the tiniest glimpse of it. I would count myself fortunate if I could say that I had attained a grain of truth, because in my heart I know how very much less than that I have attained, and I also know why. Truth is always veiled, and it has never been presented except in a form that is veiled. The veil, however, is not necessarily for the purpose of concealing truth. In some cases, it is to make it possible for those seeking truth to understand it. To some, it might seem that the more clearly truth is stated, the more it will be understood, but that is not true. Why and How Truth Is Veiled If truth were presented in its stark form, I can assure you that everyone would walk away from it and say, "Well, I can swallow a lot, but not that." Truth will never be accepted by those hearing it with the human ear alone. There must be the development of an inner ear, an inner eye, and an inner perception in order to respond to truth. The work of the spiritual path is to develop that inner ear and inner eye. Moses veiled the truth, but Christ Jesus took away that veil. Nevertheless, when Jesus rent the veil, the people of his day would not accept the truth he revealed. Instead they crucified him. All outward forms of worship, such as the ceremonies carried on in churches and cathedrals, are in reality veils. Truth is not to be found in these religious observances but lies hidden in the ceremony and the ritual, awaiting our discovery. If truth were presented unveiled, most persons would walk away from it with the comment, "That above all things cannot be truth." The ceremonies, rites, and rituals are given so that a person can look behind the scenes, dig deep, and perceive the nature of what is being presented to him, and then eventually he comes face to face with ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...On the Path of Discipleship.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:53- 116K
Find Similar Documents
The World Is New: Chapter 1, Creative Meditation
- ... Everyone in the human world is faced with the belief of a physical body as well as with the belief of the need for material supply, and right now we are all being faced with the fear of atomic bombs and rumors of war. In the human picture, there is no way to avoid these experiences or to rise above them. There is only one way to find safety and security, and that is the spiritual way, the way whereby the Christ becomes the reality of our being. When we begin to look out from the standpoint of God, then we are living the Christ-way and fulfilling the greatest law ever revealed by Christ Jesus, the law of forgiveness, which is possible only as we live in obedience to the two great Commandments: "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. . . . And . . . thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself." 3 That neighbor is every human being on earth, every animal, and every plant, but there is no way in which we can love them while holding them in condemnation. We must see and understand that God is the life, Soul, and mind, not only of our friends but of our so-called enemies. In that way, we eliminate all enemies. The answer to enemies or enmity of every form, whether appearing as man, sin, disease, or lack, is found in Jesus' reply to Pilate: "Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above." 4 The law of forgiveness, that is, the ability to see God as the mind, the life, and Soul of enemies as well as of friends, is the real law of demonstration. Not only in the Old Testament, but throughout the teachings of Jesus, the first Commandment is recognized as the secret of life-only one God, only one Life, the Life of every one of us, enemy or friend. God is the only mind, and therefore God must be the mind even of those we call enemies-only one God, only one creation, and all spiritual. As long as our consciousness is filled with this oneness-one God, one creation, all one-our ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter 1, Creative Meditation.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:42- 112K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Spiritual Healing: Chapter VII, Practical Instructions to Workers
- CHAPTER VII PRACTICAL INSTRUCTIONS TO WORKERS The first requisite for any person who practices spiritual healing, even if only for himself, is a developed spiritual consciousness because all healing is the result of individual consciousness, yours or mine. It is not dependent on God; it is not dependent on' God-consciousness or Christ-consciousness in the abstract, but upon individual consciousness lifted to the heights of Christ-consciousness, which is the God-power that makes it possible to do the works of God. If, however, the practitioner does not keep his consciousness filled with truth and love, those who touch him on life's highway will not find him doing the works of God, spreading harmony and peace abroad in the world. Jesus, the greatest spiritual healer ever known, lived, moved, and had his being continuously in the realization of the Father within, and for that reason he could do the works of God and state with conviction: "He that seeth me seeth him that sent me." Undoubtedly if at this moment you had a problem and were given the opportunity of choosing a practitioner out of all the world and out of all time, you would immediately turn to Jesus Christ in the complete assurance of receiving your healing. But, if it is God who heals or if it is impersonal, abstract God-consciousness or Christ-consciousness, why would you particularly want Jesus Christ? Is it not because Jesus Christ, insofar as our knowledge goes, had the greatest degree of unfolded and realized God-consciousness? If it were not possible for you to have the aid of Jesus, to whom would you turn then? From your knowledge of Scripture; it would probably be to John, and then to Peter or Paul because they demonstrated in their healing work the tremendous depth of their spiritual capacity and spiritual awareness. Always the healer is the consciousness of any individual who has attained some measure of Christ-consciousness, and the measure attained determines the degree of the healing work. ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...cal Instructions to Workers.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:33- 116K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Meditation: Chapter II, The Purpose
- CHAPTER II THE PURPOSE The purpose of meditation is to attain divine grace. Once this grace has been attained in a measure, it takes over our experience and lives our life, performs those things which are given us to do, and makes the crooked places straight. We no longer live by bread alone, but by this inner grace. Satisfying relationships, abundant supply, successful business activity, and creative endeavor are the tangible effects of grace. First must come the inner grace before the things of this world can be added to us; but we can never receive the grace of God so long as we seek it for the purpose of demonstration, that is, seeking God in order to possess some person or thing, or to achieve some place. That is the reason meditation can never be used to demonstrate an automobile, more money, or a better position: meditation is for the purpose of realizing God. In meditation God is revealed as the life of individual being. God is the embodiment of all good. In achieving the experience of God, our good appears as whatever the need may be. We fail if we attempt to gain any thing separate and apart from God. God, Itself, is the good. Prayer or meditation for material things and persons cannot be answered by a God of Spirit. Such an objective defeats the purpose of meditation. Scripture tells us that the natural man receiveth not the things of God. Who is the natural man but the human being, the prodigal son, still deep in material consciousness, praying that his materiality may be made a little better, a little richer, a little more, or a little less? We pray to be stouter or we pray to be thinner; we pray to have more money, seldom to have less, although that might be a very spiritual prayer. The point is that we pray for an improvement or an increase of that very materiality of which God has no knowledge, and such prayer is not answered. Very often our human desires, if fulfilled, would leave us unsatisfied, because as human beings we do not possess the wisdom ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...on_ Chapter II, The Purpose.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:27- 99K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Is What I Am: Chapter 12, Christ As the Consciousness of Mankind
- ~ 12 ~ CHRIST AS THE CONSCIOUSNESS OF MANKIND What is it that sets spiritual teachers and persons who do healing work apart from the rest of mankind? Is it not that in some way, at some time, and for some reason they were drawn to the study of truth? Then as they began to fill their minds with truth through books, lectures, and classes, eventually something happened within them. They made a transition from "man, whose breath is in his nostrils" 1 to that man who has his being in Christ. At a particular moment in their experience, these persons attained some measure of the transcendental Christ-consciousness, that which is beyond the human. From then on, error, evil, sin, disease, false appetite, or lack lost its reality to them. As persons came to them with physical, moral, or financial problems, or problems of human relationships, the error or evil disappeared just as darkness leaves a room when the light is turned on. The darkness in the room does not go anywhere because what we call darkness is but an absence of light. In the presence of light, there is no darkness. As mere human beings, we cannot function as practitioners or spiritual teachers. We may have the will, the desire, and the hope; but will, desire, and hope do not heal, reform, or enrich. To lift a person above his humanhood, one must have the experience of spiritual illumination or of the transcendental Presence. When that comes to a person, he is set apart, and in the measure of his fidelity will he be successful as a spiritual healer or teacher. Many students have the desire to heal, to teach, and to give to others, but they cannot. To these I say, "Be patient: you will. Wait, however, until the Spirit of the Lord God is upon you and you are ordained to do these things." Students must be content to remain students and not try to be practitioners and teachers until the experience that results in their being set apart takes place within their consciousness. At one time, when the Spirit of the Lord ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...he Consciousness of Mankind.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:25- 113K
Find Similar Documents
Living by the Word: Chapter 12, The Message of the Bible
- Chapter Twelve The Message of the Bible The state of consciousness you are, the elevation of consciousness you attain, this determines what manner of life you lead. It determines whether you live the life of a grub-worm, of a slave, or a free man, or the life of a spiritual entity. It all depends upon what your state of consciousness is. In one state of consciousness, you could very well have been a slave and had everybody ordering you about. But as, through Grace, a higher realization came, you asserted your dominion and became a free man-still human, but free. As greater light came and your consciousness changed, you realized, "I am not merely a free man. I am a spiritual man. I have God-given strength, God-given dominion, and God-given freedom." Eventually you will reach the place in consciousness where Jesus was when he said, "He that seeth me seeth him that sent me." 1 Jesus had not always been at that stage. At one time he was at the state of other Hebrew rabbis in the temple, but he grew until he came to the passage where he read from the book of Isaiah and said, "The spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised. . . . This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears." 2 With that, he realized, "Why, no, I'm not going to stand on a platform just reading out of a book." So he stepped down from that platform and went out into the world, not as a temple rabbi but as a world rabbi. Later, all that passed from him, and he was no longer a rabbi: he was a Master. So it is that one day you are addressed as housewife or businessman, then one day as a practitioner, and later as teacher. If you keep ascending in consciousness, one day you will be addressed as Master. It all depends on your state of consciousness. If you have advanced to this point, you are already ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...2, The Message of the Bible.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:49- 125K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Power of Truth: Chapter 18, Christ of Being
- CHAPTER 18 Christ of Being DO NOT believe for a moment that if I hold someone in bondage, I myself am going to be free. That is utter nonsense! "As ye sow, so shall ye reap" is a law that cannot be broken. The only way to stop erroneous reaping is to stop erroneous sowing. Erroneous sowing only takes place "up here," in consciousness, in thought. It is determined by what I am willing to see "out there." Either I am willing to spiritually discern that you are the Christ, or I am going to judge by human appearances by saying, "Well, you are the child of Jones, Brown, or Smith." It is up to me! "Choose ye this day whom you will serve"-Truth or error, spiritual Truth or human knowledge. If you choose spiritual Truth, you begin at any instant you like-and this is as good as any other-to take the attitude of sitting back, looking out at this world, and saying, "Thank God, I know thee now, who thou art. Thou art the very Christ of God, the son of God. Thank God, I know thee who thou art, the son of the Most High, offspring of God, heir of God, joint-heir with all of us to the spiritual Kingdom." "Son, thou art ever with God, and all that God hath is thine." This earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof, and it belongs to each and every one of you! Begin! Break the malpractice, break this anti-Christ, and begin to behold Christ. Know the Truth. At the same time, be sure that you do not put your head in the ground and say that there is no evil. Remember, all evil is an activity of the carnal mind, an activity of malpractice or anti-Christ; but because it is not of God, you don't have to fight it. Do not fight error! Do not try to overcome error; you can't, any more than you can overcome 2 × 2 = 5! Do not battle 2 × 2 = 5; just quietly know the Truth: 2 × 2 = 4. Don't argue about it, don't fight it, don't discuss it. There is nothing to discuss about 2 × 2; it is 4, and that is all there is to it. Do not be interested in anyone's opinion. I can assure you there is ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Chapter 18, Christ of Being.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:24- 99K
Find Similar Documents
The Only Freedom: Chapter 12, Peace on Earth A Christmas Story
- O Chapter Twelve Peace on Earth: A Christmas Story ne of our students sent me a most beautiful story as a Christmas gift. I can give you the essence of it but not the beauty. It tells of an ancient king who was peaceable, just, merciful and kind. The neighboring king, however, was intent on war and conquest. The peaceable king sent an ambassador to the warlike king seeking peace. In the meantime, however, in order to protect his people, the king made preparations for war. From one end of the nation to the other, factories turned out war materiel. This activity saddened his people, for they well knew the nature of war. Gradually the smiles faded from their faces, and joy went out of their hearts. Seeing this, the king prayed for some means of changing the situation and bringing about peace and harmony to his people and to the nation. One day the wife of one of his officers came to the king and asked permission to reveal a secret to him. The king agreed, and she whispered in his ear. The secret pleased the king greatly, and he told her to go out and tell this secret to other women in the city. She was to confide this secret to each and every woman and tell each woman to in turn go abroad in the land and impart this great secret to other women. So, from one end of the nation to the other, women traveled, imparting this great secret to all the women, and the secret spread throughout the land. Soon smiles returned to the faces of the people, singing was once more heard in the land, and joy was abroad. On Christmas day word came from the ambassador that a peace treaty had been signed with the neighboring king. The king issued an edict that all war preparations were to cease and that factories were to return to peacetime products. He quickly learned that this had already been done. For several weeks the factories had been changing over to peacetime products, and this was in part the reason for the merriment in the land. The officers of the court wanted to know, "What is ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... on Earth A Christmas Story.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:36- 101K
Find Similar Documents
A Parenthesis in Eternity: Chapter I, The Two Worlds
- CHAPTER I THE TWO WORLDS There are two worlds. There is "this world," and there is "My kingdom." There is the world that we see, hear, taste, touch, and smell, the world that we live in, in our business and in our home with our family; and there is the world within, where we live when the Christ has been raised up in us, the world inside our consciousness where we are alone with God and where we tabernacle with the son of God in us. On one hand, there is the mortal man, and on the other, the spiritual son of God. Paul, who was spiritually and inwardly taught by the Master, described mortal man as the "creature," the "natural man" who "receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned"; and explained that "as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God." Until we learn about the man who has his being in Christ-the man we must become-we are that "natural man," that "creature," that mortal who must put off mortality, that man who must "die daily." Progress on the spiritual path will be much more rapid once it is understood that this human or mortal man, this "creature," the "natural man," is entirely cut off from God, is never under the law or protection of God, and is never governed or sustained by God. If he were, could there be murder, rape, arson, or war? Could there be death if man were God-governed? Could there be disease? Could an airplane go hurtling out of the sky to kill all the people in it? If man were God-governed, would not disease have diminished? But has it not rather increased? For every disease that has been brought under control, have not two new ones, more deadly than the old, made their appearance? Yet every day millions upon millions of prayers go up to God; and then when a solution to the problems of the ills of the flesh comes, does it come from God or from a bottle of medicine, an antibiotic, or a new surgical discovery? Do not ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/..._ Chapter I, The Two Worlds.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:58- 83K
Find Similar Documents