The Foundation of Mysticism: Chapter 17, Spiritual Supply and Healing - Awakening to the Mystical Experience of Oneness
- ~ 17 ~ SPIRITUAL SUPPLY AND HEALING: AWAKENING TO THE MYSTICAL EXPERIENCE OF ONENESS The Infinite Way is not organized, has no corporate entity and has no memberships, therefore nobody belongs to the Infinite Way. This is the result of spiritual guidance which I follow. The object of it is to enable me to present to the world the principles which constitute the Infinite Way and to permit those who respond to accept them, follow them if they like, and those who do not, to turn from them, or else follow them in whatever measure is possible. In other words, I have no ties to our students, no strings, and they are under no obligation to me or to anybody. This has made it possible for me to be invited into Unity churches, New Thought churches, even Protestant churches, and for the writings, starting with The Art of Meditation 1 and Practicing the Presence, 2 to be accepted in Protestant churches of all denominations in the United States and Canada. This enables them to embody any of the principles, any of the teachings, in their individual lives, whether they're ministers or whether they're laymen, and yet remain on the path which for the present may be their religious path. The principles that are embodied in these writings are not mine. I did not make them up; I did not dream them up. They came to me in consciousness, and therefore they are not mine. They should be made available to anyone, anywhere, at any time, who can accept them, receive them, and respond to them. And that's the way it is. By having no organization, no memberships, no obligations, those who are led to these writings may embody them to whatever degree they wish and still maintain their freedom. In this way you will eventually find what we are already beginning to witness: that these very principles are being accepted as truth in many religious fields and ultimately will become embodied in the religions of the world. And I feel that's far better than putting a barrier around the message and saying it ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...tical Experience of Oneness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:52- 139K
Find Similar Documents
A Parenthesis in Eternity: Chapter IX, An Interval in Eternity
- CHAPTER IX AN INTERVAL IN ETERNITY Life has frequently been depicted as a circle, representing eternity, without beginning and without end. If we visualize life in that way and realize that our immediate human span of life is confined within a segment of that circle and that all the other segments of the circle are yet to be encompassed, we can see that within the confines of that circle, there is a past as well as a future. One mystic described this life as "a parenthesis in eternity." This life! Observing life objectively and using the circle as symbolic of all life, it is obvious that we have come from the past into a parenthesis in the circle, and when this parenthesis is removed-the one marking birth and the other marking death-we will be on our way into another parenthesis, or what is called the future. This should help us to understand that our present life on earth is only an interval in eternity. We have come from somewhere and we are going somewhere, but because life is an unending circle, we are again going to come from a somewhere, and we are again going to go to a somewhere, and this will go on, and on, and on. Will it ever end? Who knows? The ancients tell us that when we are perfected, that is, when we live this life as God lives life, in that degree of purity, we will not enter the parenthesis again: we will just live in the circle, outside, beyond, and above all human experience. Even though the unillumined and uninitiated may claim that all this is only speculative, I can tell you that there are those who have completed their cycle of life on earth, and therefore would not have to return to this-world experience. Nevertheless, they do reincarnate, in some cases voluntarily and in others under instructions from those who likewise have been graduated and who perhaps act as spiritual influences behind this earth-plane. That there is an evolutionary life process going on in this human picture, surely few can deny. That human consciousness is unfolding ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...IX, An Interval in Eternity.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:34:59- 110K
Find Similar Documents
The Art of Meditation: Chapter I, The Way
- CHAPTER I THE WAY Most men and women are convinced that there is a divine Power of some sort operating in human affairs; but they are not sure what it is, nor do they know how to bring this divine Presence and Power into their daily experience. There was a time when many of these people were content to believe in a God dwelling in a remote heaven, a God whom they would not meet until after death. In this practical age, however, very few are satisfied with that limited concept of God. The world is full of discord. The question is asked again and again: Why, if there is a God, does this God permit sin, disease, war, famine, and disaster? How can all these evils be, if God is good, if God is life, if God is love? How can there be that kind of a God and the horrors of human experience? People throughout all time have attempted to solve this riddle, but there is no solution; there is no answer except that the world has not known God. We can never for a moment believe that if people in this world had a realization of God, they would have discord and inharmony, too. Discord and inharmony come into our life because of our ignorance of God. As we acquaint now ourselves with Him, we find the secret of harmonious existence. People throughout all time have sought freedom, peace, and plenty; but their search has been primarily through the feverish activity of the human mind. Pleasure and satisfaction have been artificially created, and because of their artificiality, they are neither permanent nor real. Living out from the level of the mind, there must be a continuous round of new pleasures, new faces, and new scenes. There is rarely a truly joyous moment, nor are there periods of rest and relaxation. Freedom, peace, and plenty are not dependent upon circumstances or conditions. Men have been free in chains; they have been free under slavery and oppression; they have found peace in the midst of war; they have survived floods and famine; they have prospered in periods of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...itation_ Chapter I, The Way.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:27- 92K
Find Similar Documents
The Early Years: Chapter 17, Letter and Spirit of Truth
- ~ 17 ~ LETTER AND SPIRIT OF TRUTH The world is always presenting to us pictures of sin, disease, discord, lack, and limitation. Ignorance of the truth of being causes us to accept these pictures at face value, instead of translating them back into terms of God's actual creation. Only the study of truth reveals that these pictures are but false concepts of reality; that underlying these false views of life, there is the universe of God's creating. We know now that it is sacrilegious to claim that there is a God, an infinite power, and that there is discord too. It just does not make sense. Either there is God, infinite and eternal, universal and impartial, and therefore only perfection; or there is no God, and chaos, confusion, and lack of control are actualities. Assuming God, one must be logical and assume a universe intelligently and lovingly and harmoniously governed, controlled, maintained, and sustained. Then where do these pictures and evidences of discord come from? They emanate from thousands of years of accumulated beliefs in a selfhood apart from God. These beliefs constitute a state of deception or mesmerism through which we see and experience that which has no actual or externalized existence, namely an illusion. A hypnotized person may be made to chase a dog-a non-existent dog- but one which in the mesmerized state seems real. We can never remove the dog from the scene because he isn't there. But when we can convey to the hypnotized man that the dog exists only as illusion, he awakens from his dream. In the degree that you and I see that all corporeal existence (even so-called healthy corporeal existence) is but an illusion of human or mesmeric sense, we too awaken from the beliefs in a selfhood apart from God. God is your life, your mind, your being, the substance of your body, and therefore, you are actually entirely spiritual. All that appears as material is the illusion or false sense of self, produced by the age-old and universal aggregation of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Letter and Spirit of Truth.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:45- 86K
Find Similar Documents
The Early Years: Chapter 23, Supply
- ... When we relax the conscious mind's struggle and striving, and let the flow of good pour into us through our spiritual consciousness, we find that we need not fear what mortal man can either give or withhold. We rest in the firm conviction that "The earth is the Lord's and the fulness thereof," 5 and that all that the Father hath is mine; all that exists in the universal is unfolding to the individual. We come now to perhaps the highest spiritual law of the Bible, the one revealed to us by the Master Christian, Christ Jesus. In the Lord's Prayer we read: "And forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors." 6 May we not interpret this to mean "forgive us our debts in proportion as we forgive our debtors?" Here you can set your own limitations on your demonstration of good. In proportion to your forgiving will you receive the blessings of the infinite. We may forgive those who owe us debts of money, and those who owe us debts of love, gratitude, appreciation, or even debts of family or friendly courtesy. But we must forgive. We must live in a constant state of benediction. This is the true forgiveness which releases us from material and mortal obligations. Some time ago a man came to me in great need of money, being without employment or income. He stated that one of his friends owed him a sum of money which would tide him over the period of lack, and asked: "How would you work on this debt collection?" I told him to forgive the man the debt. Not to write him canceling the debt, as the debt was the other fellow's problem, but to forgive it mentally, and should it never be paid, to think of it no more, not even think unkindly of the so-called debtor. "Drop it from your thought as though it never existed, and let divine principle open its channels of supply." He saw the point and turned away from this only visible possible channel of supply to the infinite unseen. The very next week, he earned enough money to support himself for two weeks, and at the end of the second ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...y Years_ Chapter 23, Supply.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:47- 86K
Find Similar Documents
The Early Years: Chapter 24, Jesus Founded No Church
- ~ 24 ~ JESUS FOUNDED NO CHURCH Jesus did not found any church. He preached in the Hebrew synagogues and by the wayside wherever he went. He taught from the Old Testament, but he corrected many of the religious fallacies of the time and tried to make the Hebrew synagogues less mercenary. He was not in accord with the Hebrew custom of making doctrine, creed, ritual, and ceremony of importance. He did not believe in their long prayers, the sacrificing of animals, etc., but he did believe in worshiping one God; having no idols; remembering that "I can of mine own self do nothing" 1 . . . "but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works." 2 He did not believe in the old Jewish God, Jehovah, who sat on a cloud, had a long beard, and wore a white robe. Jesus taught that "the kingdom of God is within you." 3 He did not found a new church, but he added love and understanding to the religion he already knew, and this became the foundation of the Christian Church. Whereas, the Old Testament taught "an eye for an eye," the new church taught "love your enemies"; "forgive them until seventy times seven." The Hebrews believed in a God who rewarded good and punished evil; the new dispensation said, "Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more." 4 To express it more fully: "For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ." 5 Now, it is important that Scientists "agree to disagree" with their former churches, regardless of what the denomination from which they came. Christian Science reaches a higher concept of God than is known in any church. We have left the personal God of all churches and have accepted impersonal truth, principle, mind, as our God. We have left off the old concept of prayer (that of praying to God for health, wealth, etc.) and we have adopted the higher sense of prayer revealed in No and Yes, page 39:17: "true prayer is not asking God for love; it is learning to love, and to include all mankind in one affection. Prayer is the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...24, Jesus Founded No Church.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:47- 78K
Find Similar Documents
The Thunder of Silence: Chapter XIX, The Still Small Voice
- CHAPTER XIX THE STILL SMALL VOICE The world has come to a place where it must go beyond power and beyond mind. Is there such a place? Is there a place where physical might and human thought are not power, and where safety, security, and peace are assured? In a moment of futility and frustration, when every reliance has been forsaken, the answer comes as the voice of God utters Itself, a V oice not in the blustering whirlwinds, nor in the awesome rumblings of the volcano, but a V oice so still that only in the Silence can it be heard, and there It thunders. When we hear that V oice, we need not concern ourselves about protection against bombs; we need not concern ourselves with depressions or recessions. One thing alone then concerns us: the ability to be still and let God manifest and express Himself as the still small V oice within us. Today, world conditions make our personal problems seem infinitesimal, but whether we are thinking in terms of individual, national, or international problems, basically there is only one problem-material and mental power as against My Spirit. There is only one enemy-the universal belief that material and mental force can control this world. The enemies confronting us today are not a threatened epidemic of disease, not a devastating condition of weather or climate, not impending economic disaster, nor destructive war: All these are but part and parcel of the belief in material and mental powers. But are material and mental powers, power, or is the still small V oice the only power? The answer is that there is no power in the visible world, and anything that exists in our mind as an objective thing is not power. Let us never fear an image in our mind whether that image is a person, a disease, or even a bomb. That still small V oice in the midst of us is mightier than all of these, and if we can become so silent that that V oice can utter Itself-even if only as a deep breath or a sense of peace or warmth-this earth will be filled with ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... XIX, The Still Small Voice.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:41- 80K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: August 16, 1963, One with God: Praying for the World
- ONE WITH GOD: PRAYING FOR THE WORLD August 16, 1963 Honolulu, Hawaii GOOD EVENING. In the early years of our study of The Infinite Way, we must abide by the specific principles of this message very carefully, very closely and very intensely, because the study and practice of these principles develops our consciousness to where we no longer hate, fear, or love the human scene. We develop our consciousness to that place where we recognize that there is something greater than ourselves functioning within us. We of ourselves could never do the things that we are called upon to do. We of ourselves could not help people to overcome serious diseases, or to lose sins and false appetites, or to mold new dispositions. There is nothing about us as people that would ever enable us to do that for another. It is only when we have been touched by that which is transcendental, by that which is spiritual, that we can at least approach Paul in his statement: "I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me," 1 or the Master's: "I can of mine own self do nothing" 2 -the Father doeth the works. The study and practice of specific Infinite Way principles raises our consciousness because it helps us to overcome fear of anything in the manifest realm. It helps us to realize the non-power of what the world calls power. As we progress in this work through study and practice, and as some measure of the spirit of God enters our consciousness, we find ourselves called upon to help others. The others may not know why they come to us-it is something they feel, but they do come and they do ask our help, and generally we can give it. Usually, by the time they come asking for help, we have the spiritual endowment that makes it possible to give them their help. Eventually this begins to dawn in the consciousness of every spiritual student, regardless of his approach: "If this that functions through me for the benefit of myself and others is so powerful, can it not then help the entire world? If I can pray ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... God_ Praying for the World.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:08- 99K
Find Similar Documents
Beyond Words & Thoughts: Chapter 5, Rising to Mystical Consciousness in Prayer & Treatment
- ~ 5 ~ RISING TO MYSTICAL CONSCIOUSNESS IN PRAYER AND TREATMENT In the spiritual life, you must never forget that you are not living your own life and that you have no right whatsoever to consider what you would like to do, when you would like to do it, or how. Always in the back of your mind is the reminder that it is God's life that is being lived, and it is your privilege to be at that state of consciousness where you can watch God live your life without interposing a wish, a will, or a desire of your own. The average truth student is not at the stage of development where he can do this because he has duties to his family or his business, and until such time as the Spirit Itself says, "Leave all for Me," * or "Leave your nets," no student should ever forget his responsibility to his family, his associates, and to his work. Rather should his study and his meditations become the foundation for the more harmonious functioning of these facets of his life. It is only to the few that the call to leave their "nets" eventually comes, and when it does come, it is unmistakable, and it compels obedience. After that, the nature of one's life changes. This change does not permit the neglect or desertion of one's business or family obligations, but it does make it possible to provide for their independent care so that one may be set free for whatever demands the call may make. Let no Infinite Way student believe, however, that the call to leave his "nets" is an excuse to desert or neglect his human duties or obligations. Those who enter the spiritual ministry because of a human desire to do good, or before they have heard the spiritual call, make little or no progress. This is because they have not yet learned to rest on the Infinite Invisible. They do not have the spiritual vision that makes it possible for them to know the Unknowable. The message of the Infinite Way did not come through the human mind, nor can it be imparted by or to the human mind. To the human mind, this ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...sness in Prayer & Treatment.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:11- 143K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: August 31, 1963, Growing Day by Day-Attaining the Transcendental Consciousness
- GROWING DAY BY DAY - ATTAINING THE TRANSCENDENTAL CONSCIOUSNESS August 31, 1963 Honolulu, Hawaii GOOD AFTERNOON. There are certain religions and certain religionists who call themselves fundamentalists. They believe that the Bible is the literal truth, that every word in it is a literal truth, perhaps because for so many centuries people have been taught that all or most of the Bible is the Word of God. Therefore, even the most enlightened people are often conditioned in their study of the Bible and thereby lose the way. I have witnessed that this is also true of Infinite Way students, but to a lesser degree. Understanding the Bible is like understanding The Infinite Way. You cannot read the message of The Infinite Way with your mind because it was not written by a mind or through a mind. This entire message is a transcendental message that came through transcendental consciousness. To be understood it must be understood through transcendental consciousness-and this is also true of the Bible. The books of the Bible were not brought into existence by ordinary human beings; these individuals had access to the fourth dimensional consciousness or Christ-consciousness in Christianity, or the Buddha-mind in Buddhism. Both have reference to the same thing-the transcendental consciousness, or illumined consciousness. Therefore, the words never mean what they seem to mean and if you take them literally you will lose the Way. It is for this reason that you have been given certain spiritual principles in The Infinite Way which, if you take them into your ordinary mind and work with them, will develop the transcendental consciousness until one day you can say, "Whereas I was blind, now I see." In other words you will then realize that you are not doing anything. It is doing it. Because of the way in which the Bible was written, it is often said that Scripture is veiled or that those who wrote it hid the meaning. There was not so much an intention to hide the truth as there was ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ranscendental Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:09- 110K
Find Similar Documents