The World Is New: Chapter 3, Essentials of Healing
- ~ 3 ~ ESSENTIALS OF HEALING THERE CANNOT BE THE PRESENCE OF GOD and the absence of any quality of God, or the presence of any quality that is not of God. Anything unlike God is only an appearance or a suggestion of a selfhood or activity separate and apart from God. For example, if we see any evidence of error-drunkenness, immorality, accident, sin, or disease-let us translate that immediately into the word suggestion or the word appearance. If we do this, we will have taken a big step forward because, whatever the appearance, it does not exist as an actual condition, it does not exist as a thing or a person. It exists only as a false appearance, and when we recognize it as that, it disappears. We have thereby seen through it and destroyed it because its only reality lay in our believing it to be something or someone. Whenever, then, error presents itself to us as some person or some thing, if we are quick and alert and realize that it is neither a thing nor a person, that it is nothing but a suggestion of a selfhood apart from God, an illusory picture, so quickly will it be met that the sick person will jump to his feet and the drunken one will become sober. When a call for help comes, just to recognize that this is neither a person, a thing, nor a condition, but only a suggestion, which we are not going to accept, ends it. It is in this immediate recognition that instantaneous healings come. An instantaneous healing will not take place if the practitioner first looks upon the problem as a person, thing, or condition. The only way the illusion can be dispelled is to recognize instantly that we are dealing with appearance or suggestion. When we look at the streetcar tracks in the distance and see them converging, that is not a condition, and nobody has to pray or give a treatment. All we are called upon to do is to recognize that this is only an appearance. So also, the sky does not sit on the mountain. This exists not as an actual condition to be met, but only as a ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...er 3, Essentials of Healing.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:43- 111K
Find Similar Documents
A Parenthesis in Eternity: Chapter XXXIII, The Inner Universe
- ... Therefore, an infinity of supply lies within you, but if you let your vision stray outside to the husband or wife who may seem to be the channel, to the position, the business, or the securities that may seem to be the avenue, you may be lost, for everyone on earth has found sometime or other that all outside reliances collapse. Whether you think of supply in terms of a supply of love, of home and companionship, a supply of opportunity and recognition, a supply of money, compensation, or reward, the supply is within you and must flow out from you, and you must live your realization of its omnipresence by beginning with a penny, if necessary, and giving it to some impersonal purpose. Supply is omnipresent within you; supply will never leave you, nor forsake you. You can never go any place where supply is not. You carry it with you just as you carry your integrity, your loyalty, and your fidelity. You cannot leave it behind because supply is spiritual: it is your awareness of God in the midst of you to be proved by beginning at once to give, share, and express it. If necessary, you have to give forgiveness: you have to sit down and search your thought and see what or whom there is on the face of the globe that you are holding in condemnation, criticism, or judgment, and forgive it or them. Forgive, forgive. God is infinite being, and God is the infinity of your individual being. Demonstrate this, prove it. Begin, in whatever way is open to you at this second, to let God's grace flow out from you. Do not pray that God's grace come to you: open out a way to let God's grace flow from you. There is a Presence within you that goes before you to "make the crooked places straight." Your realization of It releases It. There is a cement within you that cements your relationships with everybody in the whole world: your realization of that releases it. This world is governed from within. This world, this outer world, is governed from within. No flower blooms except by virtue of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... XXXIII, The Inner Universe.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:07- 115K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: May 5, 1963, The Word Becomes Flesh
- THE WORD BECOMES FLESH May 5, 1963 Halekulani Hotel Honolulu, Hawaii LAST WEEK IT WAS BROUGHT OUT that when we come to a spiritual teaching, we are really seeking for our own benefit. At first we do not think of our spiritual studies as having anything to do with the world; we are concerned only with what benefits we or our families will receive. This of course is natural and right because, until we ourselves have attained, we have nothing to give or to offer. If we do attain enlightenment, we soon find that it was not given to us for ourselves but for some God purpose. Be assured that whatever you receive from God is never given to you or for your benefit, because God is not so limited or so personal that he would give you a "pearl" just to wear on your finger. No, you will soon discover that whatever gift or grace you receive from God is given to you for a more universal purpose. I will take you back to the day that started me on the spiritual path. It was a day of threatened war that brought to my thought, "Where is God?" I was not religious, remember, but everyone has heard of God and so where in this danger, I wondered, is God? This started a trend of thought that years later ended with the realization, revelation perhaps, that there is no God in the world and there never has been-that God is only where God is realized, and nowhere else. In other words, where was God during all the centuries of the Hebrews' slavery under Pharaoh? Certainly of all people they prayed the hardest, but there was no God to take them out of the horrors of life under Pharaoh. Yet, when Moses attained his realization of God, that is where God entered the scene. In other words, it entered through the consciousness of Moses. Remember that Moses was not seeking God for the Hebrews' sake. No, his was the cry that is in the hearts of so many people: "Oh God, oh God, where art thou?" But you notice that, almost as quickly as he received his illumination, he was given a mission to take the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...963, The Word Becomes Flesh.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:18- 114K
Find Similar Documents
God The Substance of All Form: Chapter 8, The Universal & Impersonal Nature of Truth & Error
- ~ 8 ~ THE UNIVERSAL AND IMPERSONAL NATURE OF TRUTH AND ERROR Hebrew Scripture prophesies that the Christ will be crucified. How could anyone possibly predict the crucifixion of a man two thousand years before it took place? There was no good reason for such a foreknowledge of events. Nevertheless, there is the prophecy in Hebrew Scripture. What then is the meaning of it? The first and important point that we must understand is, that this prophecy does not refer to a man, but that it refers to the crucifixion of the Christ, the crucifixion of truth. The Hebrews knew from bitter experience that wherever and whenever truth has appeared to mortal thought, it has been crucified. Mortal thought never has and never will accept truth. Wherever it appears, ecclesiasticism will deny it, "It is not orthodox; it is not in accord with our teaching; it, therefore, cannot be true," and that same ecclesiasticism will cry, "Crucify him." So, it could safely be prophesied that a hundred years or two thousand years from then the Christ would be crucified, because whenever the Christ touches mortal thought, it is crucified. Christ is the manifestation of God; therefore, the Christ is not a man. To followers of Hinduism, Krishna occupies much the same place as does the Christ in the Christian world. Yet there are few who would claim that Krishna was merely a man, even though there was a man known as Krishna who gave a spiritual teaching to the world, just as there was the man Jesus who gave the world the teaching of the Christ. The teaching described as that of Krishna was given to the world many thousands of years before the advent of Jesus, and, just as Jesus has been identified as being the Christ, so Krishna is now considered as if he had been a corporeal being. Krishna and Christ both mean the same thing: the presence of God made manifest-the Word made flesh. Mortal thought will always crucify truth, so when an individual appears who catches the vision of this truth, this Christ, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...nal Nature of Truth & Error.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:34- 120K
Find Similar Documents
Living by the Word: Chapter 12, The Message of the Bible
- Chapter Twelve The Message of the Bible The state of consciousness you are, the elevation of consciousness you attain, this determines what manner of life you lead. It determines whether you live the life of a grub-worm, of a slave, or a free man, or the life of a spiritual entity. It all depends upon what your state of consciousness is. In one state of consciousness, you could very well have been a slave and had everybody ordering you about. But as, through Grace, a higher realization came, you asserted your dominion and became a free man-still human, but free. As greater light came and your consciousness changed, you realized, "I am not merely a free man. I am a spiritual man. I have God-given strength, God-given dominion, and God-given freedom." Eventually you will reach the place in consciousness where Jesus was when he said, "He that seeth me seeth him that sent me." 1 Jesus had not always been at that stage. At one time he was at the state of other Hebrew rabbis in the temple, but he grew until he came to the passage where he read from the book of Isaiah and said, "The spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised. . . . This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears." 2 With that, he realized, "Why, no, I'm not going to stand on a platform just reading out of a book." So he stepped down from that platform and went out into the world, not as a temple rabbi but as a world rabbi. Later, all that passed from him, and he was no longer a rabbi: he was a Master. So it is that one day you are addressed as housewife or businessman, then one day as a practitioner, and later as teacher. If you keep ascending in consciousness, one day you will be addressed as Master. It all depends on your state of consciousness. If you have advanced to this point, you are already ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...2, The Message of the Bible.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:49- 125K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: February 1959, A Lesson To Sam
- ... It is His good pleasure to give you the kingdom, and God does not even hold you in punishment for your sins. Even though you make a mistake, even though you commit a sin, if you are truly repentant in the sense that you realize that you have sinned and that it wasn't right, in that instant you are forgiven. You do not carry around the penalty any longer than you carry around the obstinacy of believing you are right when you know in your heart and Soul you are wrong. Do you understand that? You cannot go around and do wrong and not acknowledge it to yourself and expect that you can receive God's grace. You receive God's grace every time you acknowledge within yourself, "I know I've done wrong," or perhaps, "I don't know that I've done wrong, but if I have, God, wipe it out, because it wasn't intentional. I never mean to do wrong, but always want to do unto others as I would have others do unto me." In that way, you purify yourself. I have been healed of illnesses merely by asking God's forgiveness for my sins; and of course, my sins are not major ones because you know that is not our mode of living. But whatever it is-when we are guilty of holding people in criticism or condemnation, or when we are not loving enough or forgiving enough-we are sinning against the Holy Spirit. So it is a wholesome thing once in a while to go to God and say, "I realize that humanly I haven't been perfect; therefore, forgive my sins, forgive my trespasses, and let's start all over again." In this way, Sam, you will learn the greatest lesson that I have ever learned, and that is that the place whereon I stand is holy ground. God is right here where I am, and God is available the very minute that I stop talking and stop thinking and turn within in humility, acknowledging God's grace, God's power, God's Spirit within me, and then relax for just a minute or two and let that Spirit take over. That really is all there is to the whole Infinite Way. All the writings of The Infinite Way are only ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ruary 1959, A Lesson To Sam.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:00- 127K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: March 1957, Understanding The Body
- CHAPTER THREE: MARCH Understanding the Body THE secret of life is right identification. Right identification changes your life the very moment that you have a conscious awareness of your true identity and begin to embody it, the very moment that you recognize and realize: I am life eternal. I do not have to get knowledge of eternal life from a book: A book will not make my life eternal. I do not have to go to man whose breath is in his nostrils to learn something that will give me more life, youth, or vitality. No, all that any book or any man can do for me is to teach me that I already am that which I am seeking. That which I am seeking, I am; all that God is, I am because "I and my Father are one." 1 The moment we realize: "I am life eternal; I am pure Spirit, pure consciousness," the question immediately arises, "But what about this body?" This is a mystery that has heretofore been unexplained. With the exception of the writings of The Infinite Way, there is no literature in the world which I have ever discovered that discusses this subject thoroughly. It is one of the deep mysteries of the philosophical and spiritual world. Attempting to arrive at a satisfactory understanding of this subject through the intellect is almost an impossibility, due to the fact that the subject of body deals with contradictions, not only the contradictions found in philosophical and spiritual literature, but contradictions in Scripture as well. Nobody who has tried to resolve these contradictions through the mind, that is, through the reasoning faculties or the intellect, has ever been able to come to any kind of a satisfactory conclusion. The explanation of this enigma came to light in my consciousness during a closed class, and it came flowing out by pure inspiration. I knew nothing about it until that minute when it poured out. I was not consciously aware even of having known all the passages of Scripture that came pouring out with it. It is this revelation that I would share with ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...957, Understanding The Body.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:06- 157K
Find Similar Documents
The Master Speaks: Chapter 7, God
- ~ 7 ~ GOD When we say, "I am God," or "I am a law unto my universe," we are not saying that a human being is God, or that a mortal is spiritual. Never forget that it would be nonsense to try to spiritualize mortal man, or to make God out of a human being. That has been one of the mistakes of religion throughout the ages- setting apart some individual and making him God, taking some person, some human being, and making of him a God. The truth is that only God is God; but God is the individuality and the identity, and the reality of each one of us when we have overcome our sense of humanhood. Often when you see people who work from the standpoint of "I am," you will find them confused, walking around saying, "I am God." They are the very people who are apt to be walking around with an empty purse, a diseased body, or a pair of eyeglasses, and yet they continue to say, "I am God." You can see how ridiculous that is, because that is not God at all. I am God. That I is a universal, infinite, omnipresent Being, and It is the reality of your being and of mine when the human sense of self has been overcome. You do not lift the human sense up and make it immortal or spiritual. That is the reason treatments that say, "You are spiritual," or "You are perfect," or "You are rich," are of so little value. Such statements are not true at all. If they were true, you would not find it necessary to repeat them. Can you imagine Rockefeller or a Carnegie or any man of recognized wealth, walking around saying, "I am rich?" And you almost never hear a healthy person say, "I am healthy." When you make these affirmations, it is because you believe you are the opposite; you are trying to fool yourself into believing that you are something that you really are not. When you simply repeat the words, "I am God," that is not true; but when you hear those words within you, that is Truth. That is God announcing Itself as the reality of your being. When you hear a voice saying, "Know ye not that I ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ster Speaks_ Chapter 7, God.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:27- 122K
Find Similar Documents
Conscious Union with God: Chapter 8, Questions & Answers
- ... I would say that it had to do with your receptivity to truth, which is the highest form of treatment there is, but when we begin to work mentally and then call it God-healing, it is ludicrous. When we reach a state of receptivity, however, so that when any case comes, the ear is open, and the impartation comes like a flash, telling us how to work or what truth to reveal, then that is God- healing. Question: Then you think that was God healing? Answer: There is no question about it, because it came to you without any thought process; it was not conscious thinking. It was a state of receptivity which revealed that truth to you. This, I call being divinely led, because it did not consist of sitting down and giving a treatment to a disease or a condition. I do not believe in that kind of treatment. Turn to God and let God show you the need of the moment. Can you imagine what a man wrongly imprisoned would feel if I told him that there is no injustice, that man is perfect? He would want to throw such words right back at me. But when one is led to tell him the story of Joseph and his brethren, then he might begin to understand the spiritual sense of forgiveness. The higher sense of forgiveness is looking through the human being and his activity and seeing that there at the center of his being sits God, which at the moment is being misinterpreted. In all treatment, never do I permit myself to think a thought, to make a denial, or to affirm a truth. I take the attitude: "Speak, Lord; for thy servant heareth. . . . 8 Be still, and know that I am God." 9 Take the attitude that this is God's universe; let God do something about it; be a witness to God in action. Then you are led to say the right thing, think the right thing, or do the right thing. That is how the book, The Letters, came into existence. Whenever letters came from patients out of town asking for help, no matter what the problem was, I would sit down and turn within and let the Father speak. Then I would write a ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pter 8, Questions & Answers.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:17- 123K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: July 28, 1963, Above Karmic Law: Principles to Live by
- ABOVE KARMIC LAW: PRINCIPLES TO LIVE BY July 28, 1963 Princess Kaiulani Hotel GOOD AFTERNOON. When I had been in the healing practice for about five years, I was taken very ill and the practitioner who was taking care of me reached the conclusion that I was not being reached and would probably pass on that night. To me it was particularly strong that it would be that night. In the middle of the night my mother and a favorite aunt, both of whom had passed on some years before, came to my bedside and told me they had come to "make my way across an easy one." They said it was a joyous experience and I was not to fear it, but being something new for me they were there to help. Suddenly I said, "No, Mom, I am not going. I have done nothing in this world to justify even the birth pangs that you had to bring me here, and I cannot go that way. . . . I cannot go without fulfilling myself. I have healed a few hundred people of their ills, but even though it were ten thousand people or three million people, that is no accomplishment. No, I must stay here and find a reason and a purpose for living." The following morning I wakened so much better that I was able to go to my office. Then I discovered why I was not pleased for having healed a few hundred people, and why I would not have been satisfied had I healed ten thousand people. No, because I have never been interested in that phase of life. All my life my interest has been in principles, the principles whereby men can live more joyously. Not only the people who find my religion, but all men: the whites and the blacks and the yellows and the browns, the rich and the poor, the literate and the illiterate. I realized the only thing that can benefit people in the long run are principles to live by and from that time on, more than ever before I was consciously awake to the seeking of principles. So it was, in late 1938 or 1939, the V oice told me that I must seek the secret of the impersonal Christ and impersonal healing. In ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Law_ Principles to Live by.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:15- 105K
Find Similar Documents