God The Substance of All Form: Chapter 6, Developing a Healing Consciousness
- ~ 6 ~ DEVELOPING A HEALING CONSCIOUSNESS Remember that the treatment is not the healing agency. The healing agency is the consciousness that is developed through the realization of the treatment. It is the Christ-consciousness of the practitioner that is the healing agency. Everyone has that Christ-consciousness as a potential, but it has to be developed, and its development is begun by overcoming in some degree the fear of disease and the fear or love of sin. Only that consciousness which has, in a measure, been purged of its hates and fears is a healing agency. People are drawn to the practitioner who has a realized Christ-consciousness, and that is why such a practitioner is so busy. Therefore, in the earlier stages of your work, treatment is necessary, or at least helpful, to lift consciousness up to the point of realization. By treatment, I do not mean any formula, any special words, but I mean realizing, no matter what the claim is that is brought to you, that right there is the wholeness, harmony, dominion, and perfection of the one God, and that harmony is, therefore, universal, impersonal, and impartial. God, the Only Activity When called upon for help where the substance of the human body seems to be involved, it must be clear that spirit, being the only substance, must be the substance and the form of the body, and spirit, being omnipresent, the perfect form also must always be present, regardless of the appearance. Spirit in all its infinite form and variety is omnipresent. While the senses say that the power or substance is in the form, spiritual illumination reveals that the power, substance, and law are ever in spirit. Let us assume that the claim is one of inaction or underaction. The bowels, the blood, or some other part of the body may be affected. Your first realization would be that all action is the activity of consciousness, that it would be an impossibility for the body to have either good or bad action because all action is the activity of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ing a Healing Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:34- 104K
Find Similar Documents
Man Was Not Born to Cry: Chapter 11, Breaking the Bonds of Humanhood
- ~ 11 ~ BREAKING THE BONDS OF HUMANHOOD The goal of all spiritual work is God-realization, arriving at a place where we are consciously aware that we are not living our own life, that there is a something, a transcendental presence, that has taken over, that goes before us, and that cares for us. Life eternal and divine harmony come to us in proportion as we know God aright. While this is the most difficult part of our spiritual journey, because it involves releasing every concept of God acquired throughout our lifetime, nevertheless, it has to be the first part of it. We have looked to our concepts of God to bless us, but concepts of God, regardless of how lofty they may be, cannot bless anyone. We can be spiritually blessed only as we come to know him as he is, and that knowing has no relationship whatsoever to any concept of God. It is useless to try to define or analyze God, or to seek to know what he is through the mind. If it were possible to embrace God in our mind, God would be smaller than our mind, and this he cannot be. One way in which we can begin to lose our concepts of God is through contemplation and meditation on the nature of God. Knowing the nature of God is quite different from knowing God itself, just as our individual nature is different from the essence that we really are. Our nature is the outward expression, or set of qualities which we possess, but we ourselves are greater than our qualities, that is, greater than our nature. We may have a kindly nature, a philanthropic nature, or a peaceful one, but that is not we ourselves: we are greater than these. Releasing Concepts of God God is far greater than what we can ever know of his nature. In order to be known, God has to be experienced, and while we can experience God through an awareness of his nature, he cannot be known with the mind or the intellect. The fact that we may have prayed to God, asking for something, is proof positive that we do not know the nature of God, for if we knew his ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...king the Bonds of Humanhood.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:58- 143K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Power of Truth: Chapter 9, God and Error
- CHAPTER 9 God and Error WHEN WE undertake the study of The Infinite Way, it must seem to be a difficult subject, one not easy to encompass. The reason is, we are always hitting up against more and more principles. Every time we read a book or every time we hear a tape, there are more principles and we wonder if we are ever going to get to the end of it. As a matter of fact, it is not quite that way. There are not many principles revealed in the message of The Infinite Way. What seems to make it so involved is that each principle requires so many different ways of hearing and reading before we actually attain the consciousness of it. For instance, one of the major principles of The Infinite Way is the nature of God. Now God, as revealed in The Infinite Way, is not to be found in the religious literature of the world. The God of The Infinite Way is a very strange God because it is a God that we cannot pray to for anything. This is because our God is not withholding anything, and if it is not withholding anything, it cannot give anything. So right there we find ourselves in trouble. That is all there is to that particular principle: there is no God to pray to for anything because God is not withholding anything. However, if you think that anyone can possibly understand that without a year or two or three of thinking of it in a hundred different ways, you are mistaken. You might today begin to think of the sun up in the sky and realize that the sun does not give anything. The sun is shining and it is manifesting both warmth and light. It is not giving it because it was not withholding it. It is an eternal state of being, of Isness. So you can see that to pray to the sun for light, for warmth, is nonsense! Eventually, you get to see that this is the Truth about God. God Is a state of infinite, divine Being. God Is always Being, and therefore there is no way to influence God to be more of God. Even God cannot withhold Its Godliness. Now another facet of God is that God is ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...h_ Chapter 9, God and Error.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:22- 94K
Find Similar Documents
The Altitude Of Prayer: Chapter 6, Pray Without Ceasing
- ~ 6 ~ PRAY WITHOUT CEASING EVERY HUMAN BEING is born under the law, not under Grace, but under the law of matter, the law of mind, the law of human happenstance, the law of accident, chance, and change. Parents do not know what kind of a child they may bring forth, and no one can guarantee that any newborn child will be perfect. No parents, regardless of how much love they give their child, can be certain that he will reach manhood or that he will be a person of morals and integrity. Why? Because in their hearts they believe that everything depends on chance, luck, circumstances, or conditions. Who knows when an accident will take place? Who knows when a bomb will be dropped, a call come to go to war; and death, accident, or insanity follow? Who knows? This is the story of humanhood and this is the story of the human race. Because of our spiritual sonship, however, we can make the transition from being under the law to being under the Christ. Life then is no longer lived under the law of matter or mind: life is then lived under the Christian rule of Grace. Can you understand what it would mean to go through life under a Grace that would feed, clothe, and house you, that would prevent illness and accidents, and if they occurred, immediately heal them? How would it be to go through life, knowing that you no longer needed to take thought for your life and that you were living under a Grace that could bring forth for you the heritage of heaven? Can you for a moment imagine living in the spiritual kingdom under My peace in which you would live "not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit"? 1 Can you conceive of life lived with a divine Presence going before you to make straight the way and to prepare mansions for you? That is the life the Master proclaimed and taught, and the life he promised to those who follow his teachings. Such a life is possible, but how can the transition be made? From the very beginning of modern metaphysics, over a hundred years ago, there have ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter 6, Pray Without Ceasing.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:25- 126K
Find Similar Documents
The Government of Eden: Chapter 3, Heaven Is Earth Spiritually Understood
- III heaven is earth spiritually understood "M Y KINGDOM" 1 is not up in heaven, and "this world" is not down on earth. But whether or not we are living in this world or heaven, in My kingdom, depends not on going someplace at some time, but on the degree of spiritual discernment that is developed within us. It determines the degree of heaven we experience; the lack of it determines the degree of hell we experience. "I and my Father are one" 2 is a universal relationship, but certainly, you would never believe it looking at the human race because it isn't the human race that is one with God, or else it would be God-governed and God-maintained. It is the Son of God that is raised up in you through spiritual discernment. Spiritual discernment deprives us of a great deal of emotion and sensuality, and sometimes we wonder if there is anything to take the place of these good emotions or nice sensuality, but indeed, there is. With the spiritual capacity comes an awareness of God's universe, God's man, and God's body, which far transcends any human sense of joy or beauty that the mind can know. "Leave thy nets" 3 ; leave the physical sense of universe- sun, moon, stars, mountains, seas, and human bodies-and come unto Me. See as I see, hear as I hear, discern as I do, the spiritual nature of this universe, and then find that heaven is established on earth. Responding and Reacting to the World Spiritually, the world is embodied in us, within our consciousness. To be able to experience this, you must understand what that means. We live in a world of mountains and valleys, streams and rivers and oceans, suns, moons, and stars; we live in a world of warmth and ice, but we react to this world from our state of consciousness. Actually, there is no good or evil in the world. The world is a mountain, a valley, a river, an ocean, a tree, a sun, moon, a star, but it is not good, it is not bad, nor any degree in between. When we, who live here, say how wonderful is life in these ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...overnment of Eden_Chapter 3.pdf
Modified: 2021-01-25 13:32:06- 93K
Find Similar Documents
Awakening Mystical Consciousness: Chapter 3, Spiritual Power Unveiled
- ... The protection that is necessary is not more or better bombs. I am not a pacifist and am not trying to stop anyone from manufacturing bombs. But the world will be saved by spiritual power alone, and spiritual power comes only through the consciousness of individuals. There has always been spiritual power; but until it comes through a Moses, an Elijah, a Jesus, a Paul, or anyone else who attains this understanding, it is not in evidence. Spiritual power will govern this earth through our individual consciousness in proportion to our not fearing the error and not using spiritual power against the error, just declaring within ourselves "Spiritual power." Someday we will have a body of people in this world touched by the Spirit; they will meet; and peace will be. Peace will come through the activity of the Spirit that is now abroad in the world, touching people of all lands. Those who have been touched by the Spirit are helping and can further help to awaken humanity to this touch of the Spirit by their prayers, by fulfilling acts of Grace- forgiveness, praying for the enemy-but above all, by an understanding of the nature of the Messiah. The Messiah taught, "My kingdom is not of this world." 17 "Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword." 18 Most people think of God as an almighty King; they even sing hymns to the almighty King, the King that goes out before them to slay their enemies, the King that conquers lands for them. The result has been that when conquerors have gone out with armies, there has always been a minister or priest to bless them, as if God sanctioned or could bless the conquering of other peoples. Armies and navies go out to slay, and somebody can always be found to say a prayer for them. All this is based on the erroneous ancient Hebrew teaching that God is an almighty King and that His function is to see that our enemies are slain and that we are victorious. We must always be victorious, ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...3, Spiritual Power Unveiled.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:07- 133K
Find Similar Documents
Beyond Words & Thoughts: Chapter 1, Toward the Experience
- ~ 1 ~ TOWARD THE EXPERIENCE The heart and soul of the mystical life is an inner experience, and no matter what mode or method is used, that experience is possible if the basic motive is to discover truth. As long as you are just seeking to demonstrate health, supply, or companionship, however, there is no hope of attaining the God-experience. In spite of how successful you may be in human achievement, you will never attain spiritual awareness. That comes only when you have "died" to caring about the outer scene and are willing to take life as it is and work from within toward the goal of God-realization. The Infinite Way came into being when I realized that there is no God in the human world. If there were a God in the human world, rape, arson, murder, wars, dens of iniquity, drug addiction, and all the other afflictions of mankind would be impossible. Not one of these evidences of man's inhumanity to man could occur in the presence of God. Everything that is taking place in this world of ours is taking place only because there is no God in the human scene. This was the original unfoldment that was given to me some time after 1909, and this is what started me on the search. I have never doubted that there is a God, but now at least I know that there is no God in "this world," 1 and I know now, too, that all the going to church and all the praying are not going to bring one here. People have been going to church to pray since before the days of the ancient Hebrews and have done so continuously ever since. They have prayed every kind of prayer that has ever been known, and still the world keeps right on falling apart. Thus the search began: Where is God? What is God? How do we bring God into our experience? Eventually, late in 1928, the Experience took place, that first God-experience. This Experience brought with it no message, no words, no rules, nor were any principles given: there was just an experience that could not be described. Whereas in one moment I was like ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...er 1, Toward the Experience.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:10- 130K
Find Similar Documents
Beyond Words & Thoughts: Chapter 11, His Rain Falls
- ~ 11 ~ "HIS RAIN FALLS" Most thinking persons would be willing to admit that the majority of religious teachings of the world have not gone beyond seeking truth through the mind; but until you arrive at that place in consciousness where you realize that you never are going to find truth through the mind, you have not even begun your spiritual journey. Your journey begins only when you come to the realization that going on as you have been, you never are going to learn the truth-what lies behind this universe-because it is not to be known with the mind. Think back a few years in your experience and try to remember what it was that first brought you to the spiritual path. Was it primarily for a healing or for some other aspect of better humanhood? Or was it an actual desire, a search, a reaching out for Reality, for Truth, for God? Since that time, to what extent has your attitude changed? Do you realize that merely improving health or increasing the amount of your supply is insignificant in comparison with the goal of finding the mystery of that Life that is behind the appearance, behind what you see, hear, taste, touch, and smell? True, there are times when it is discouraging, because inevitably the realization comes: "Am I never going to discover God or Spirit? Is my search to be completely frustrating? What have I to look forward to?" Reaching that point may be a good start on your spiritual journey because you will have arrived at that place where you can say, "Speak, Lord; for thy servant heareth," 1 and mean it, really mean that if God does not speak and if you do not hear what He says, there is going to be no answer. When you reach that place, it means that you have come to the end of faith and hope and any belief that the human mind is ever going to reveal spiritual truth to you. At that point in consciousness, you do know that God is not going to be revealed to you in the words that you read or the words that you hear. The only opportunity for God to be ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Chapter 11, His Rain Falls.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:12- 133K
Find Similar Documents
Man Was Not Born to Cry: Chapter 6, Bringing Grace into Active Expression
- ... I will dwell in the Word, and let the Word dwell in me. All this must become a part of our consciousness, but in addition to that we have the obligation of adhering to the pattern given us by the Master by which we mold our lives in order to maintain the spiritual life. First of all, we must pray for forgiveness of our own sins. There is no one on this earth so righteous that he is not daily sinning against the Holy Ghost. Every time that we bear false witness against a neighbor, every time we indulge our hate, fear, jealousy, animosity, bigotry, or bias, we are sinning. Sins are not just those major offenses against society and individuals that most people have overcome before they enter the spiritual life, but sin is something that normally we do not even consider as sin. It is necessary, therefore, that we pray frequently and seriously to be forgiven those sins of omission and commission that may be soiling us and keeping us from being a transparency, those bits of darkness that accumulate and withhold the light. The second step is to engage in these periods of forgiveness for the dictators of the world, and especially for those who would personally harm us-persecute, lie, or cheat-realizing that it is but the carnal mind and that it exists only as the "arm of flesh" and is without power. Let us make sure that we are living in an atmosphere of continuous love and forgiveness, and even though we may thoughtlessly indulge at times in resentment or animosity, let us retire quickly into the silence and begin a period of self-forgiveness as well as forgiveness of all others. Life was not meant for the glorification of ourselves. We do not have the right to seek things for our self or for our personal glory. We must show forth the glory of God in service to man. We cannot live unto ourselves, or for ourselves. The wonderful things of life that are given to us-and they do come bountifully, abundantly, joyously-come not for us, but that God's grace may be witnessed and ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...race into Active Expression.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:57- 131K
Find Similar Documents
The Foundation of Mysticism: Chapter 16, Know the Truth
- ~ 16 ~ KNOW THE TRUTH I'm going to digress for a moment to answer a very important question that came up during our break. In my former metaphysical training, we were told not to specifically treat anyone unless he asked for it, because it hurried him along too fast spiritually, like pulling a child by the arm. There were other reasons, too. But this would be absolutely true if you were working in the mental realm. In other words, you have no more right to enter a person's mental household uninvited than you have to enter his home. Each person should be permitted the integrity of his own mind, his own body, his own home, his own supply, without anyone intruding uninvited. If a person were ill-and for all you know he might be depending upon materia medica-you would have absolutely no right to try to heal him by your means, any more than if you were ill and relying on spiritual means, would you want somebody to stuff medicine into your mouth or take advantage of your being unconscious to otherwise medicate you. You wouldn't want that because you have determined your way of life, even to the extent that you would rather pass from this scene under your own principles of health rather than to remain here under medication or by surgery. I've known many cases like that. To give a person treatment through mental practice means you are entering the household of his mind and interfering with his mental processes, probably even disturbing him. You have no right to do that. If you are working from the mental standpoint of giving treatment to people, don't do it unless you are asked to. It is not your right. And as long as you are following the teaching of the Infinite Way, you will never give anyone a treatment, not only uninvited, but not even if you are invited to, because we do not give treatment to anyone. Never, under any circumstance, do we give treatment to anyone, even if they should ask for it. Why? That is not the procedure of the Infinite Way healing principles. The ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Chapter 16, Know the Truth.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:52- 150K
Find Similar Documents