Beyond Words & Thoughts: Chapter 11, His Rain Falls
- ~ 11 ~ "HIS RAIN FALLS" Most thinking persons would be willing to admit that the majority of religious teachings of the world have not gone beyond seeking truth through the mind; but until you arrive at that place in consciousness where you realize that you never are going to find truth through the mind, you have not even begun your spiritual journey. Your journey begins only when you come to the realization that going on as you have been, you never are going to learn the truth-what lies behind this universe-because it is not to be known with the mind. Think back a few years in your experience and try to remember what it was that first brought you to the spiritual path. Was it primarily for a healing or for some other aspect of better humanhood? Or was it an actual desire, a search, a reaching out for Reality, for Truth, for God? Since that time, to what extent has your attitude changed? Do you realize that merely improving health or increasing the amount of your supply is insignificant in comparison with the goal of finding the mystery of that Life that is behind the appearance, behind what you see, hear, taste, touch, and smell? True, there are times when it is discouraging, because inevitably the realization comes: "Am I never going to discover God or Spirit? Is my search to be completely frustrating? What have I to look forward to?" Reaching that point may be a good start on your spiritual journey because you will have arrived at that place where you can say, "Speak, Lord; for thy servant heareth," 1 and mean it, really mean that if God does not speak and if you do not hear what He says, there is going to be no answer. When you reach that place, it means that you have come to the end of faith and hope and any belief that the human mind is ever going to reveal spiritual truth to you. At that point in consciousness, you do know that God is not going to be revealed to you in the words that you read or the words that you hear. The only opportunity for God to be ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... Chapter 11, His Rain Falls.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:12- 133K
Find Similar Documents
Collected Essays of Joel Goldsmith: I Am the Vine
- GOD IS LOVE. What, then, could you or I do to change the nature of God? Could your own child do anything that would change YOUR love for him? No, of course not, and if, from the human standpoint, we are able to give love to our children often when they do not deserve it, HOW MUCH MORE LOVE is pouring forth from our Heavenly Father! Can you accept the fact that GOD IS LOVE, not God is Love if you behave in a certain way, or not just when you are worthy and deserving? Can you accept the fact that GOD IS LOVE, and that God's rain falls on the just and the unjust alike? Did the Master, Christ Jesus, withhold good or healing because somebody was a sinner? Did He at any time ask the multitudes if they were good or if they squandered their money or saved it? In raising the dead did He ask if that person had been moral or immoral, honest or dishonest? Or did He, in beholding what the world calls death, destroy all belief in it by raising the individual to life? We all know the answer to that. At no time in His ministry did Jesus withhold healing, supply, forgiveness, restoration or reformation because of anyone's unworthiness or temporary sense of evil. The principle is this: since GOD IS LOVE, our good must be infinite without any ifs, ands, or buts, because God's Grace is not dependent upon something that you or I do or do not do. The Grace of God cannot be withheld. We can turn on or off the electricity and we can turn on or off the water, but we cannot start or stop the flow of God. GOD IS, AND GOD IS LOVE in Its completeness and fullness. Let us now consider GOD IS LIFE. This does not mean that God is life at the age of six years or at sixteen. GOD IS LIFE. Then why is this not so at sixty, ninety, and a hundred and twenty? The reason is that the words I, me, and you enter the picture, and we say MY life or YOUR life, and immediately we think of the date on a birth certificate. If God is Life, of what consequence is the date on a birth certificate? God is the ONLY life ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...el Goldsmith_ I Am the Vine.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:13- 127K
Find Similar Documents
Living Between Two Worlds: Chapter 2, The Nature Of Spiritual Attainment
- ~ 2 ~ THE NATURE OF SPIRITUAL ATTAINMENT IN MAN'S EARLY EXPERIENCE ON THIS EARTH, all his activities were on the physical level of life: farming, road building, fighting, fishing, and hunting; and he was living purely on the physical and emotional level. Gradually, however, the world groped toward an understanding of the mind and eventually discovered its potentialities, and along with the discovery and development of the mental realm, access to the cosmic realm was also found. That is why during the less than one hundred years just past such great strides have been made in invention, science, discovery, and knowledge. These discoveries in science and the new forms of art, literature, and music have come forth from the cosmic storehouse, and, as access is gained to that storehouse, the universal mind gives up its wisdom and reveals what men are seeking, whether a way to the North or South Pole, a way to fly in the air or to travel under water, or whether they are seeking new machinery for further automation. The entire nature of human living has been changed because we are no longer confined to what our ancestors knew. Now we have access to Infinity, and there is no limit to what can be achieved through our understanding of the truth that we can reach the universal storehouse of the laws of life: physical or material laws, mental laws, laws of nature, all those laws governing automobiles and airplanes, and laws governing new ways of raising crops. So we come to the age in which we will be able to live without limitation. When man recognizes that he has access to the entire cosmic realm, he will bring to light a whole new world, glimpses of which we have already seen in what has been accomplished in the last fifty years and which is only the beginning of a still greater era. THE FRUITAGE OF THE MIND, AN UNCERTAIN QUANTITY But while the world was progressing from the physical realm of life to the mental, the religious life of man remained in status quo. True, during ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ure Of Spiritual Attainment.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:43- 110K
Find Similar Documents
Living Now: Chapter 10, An Idea Whose Time Has Come
- ~ 10 ~ AN IDEA WHOSE TIME HAS COME Truth received and embodied in consciousness eventually becomes known throughout the world without any human effort or human striving. By abiding with truth within oneself, it has a way of establishing itself. This does not always happen as quickly as you might like to have it happen, but you must learn that in the realm of truth "a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past," 1 and one day as a thousand years. There will be periods of thousands of years when little progress seems to be made. Then suddenly more progress is made in one day than in the preceding thousand years. An Idea in Consciousness Must Manifest Itself The process of consciousness coming into expression in changing and better forms is a painfully slow one, and in religion the world has been more backward than in almost any other area of human experience. Until after the middle of the nineteenth century, religion in the Western World was a total state of darkness and ignorance, almost without even the tiniest bit of light. But in the middle of the nineteenth century, some of the Oriental Scriptures were translated into English and German and later into French, although it was in England and in Germany that they took root and the first spiritual light began to dawn. Then, in the United States, there was the period of the Transcendentalists in New England and the founding of Christian Science and Unity. All these were the light casting its shadow into visibility and prophesying things to come. "Nothing is so powerful as an idea whose time has come," 2 and the idea of freedom, liberty, justice, and equality is an idea whose time has come in this age. Colonialism, the holding in bondage of one people over another, has to go. Nothing today can stop the breaking down of racial, religious, and nationalistic prejudice. Unfortunately, the world, not knowing how to achieve this by spiritual means, has had recourse only to the human means of force. To ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...An Idea Whose Time Has Come.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:51- 146K
Find Similar Documents
Living the Illumined Life: Chapter 5, Putting Off the Old Man and Rebirth
- Chapter Five Putting Off the Old Man and Rebirth The purpose of a work such as the Infinite Way is to die to the "old man," 1 and to be reborn of the Spirit: not partially reborn, but wholly reborn, putting on a whole new consciousness, a whole new mind, that "mind. . . which was also in Christ Jesus." 2 In the practical working out of this, the realization of the fullness of this Christ- consciousness may not be attained in a moment. That is because the Christ- consciousness is not attained through the acquiring of knowledge, not even acquiring a knowledge of truth. A person could know all the truth that has ever been revealed in all the philosophies and all the mystical writings known to man and still not have one single touch of Christ-consciousness. The Vessel Must Be Emptied of Self It is not any degree of human wisdom or any degree of human goodness that we may attain that brings forth the Christ. In fact, it might be far easier for some deep- dyed sinner to attain the Christ than for some very good person. The sinner is often well aware of his unworthiness. In his attitude of being "one of the least of these," 3 and understanding his own inadequacy, he has so emptied himself that he is ready to be filled with the Christ; whereas, as a rule, if a person is living a fairly good human life, he is likely to get the idea, "Hmm! I am good; I deserve to have this blessing. I really have worked hard for it and I deserve it." It does not come that way; it comes by Grace, and that Grace can come only in proportion as a person is emptied so that there is no self left to be good. As long as a person has a trace of a belief that he is good, deserving, or worthy, in that degree he is setting up a barrier for the entrance of the Christ. The Christ does not come while a vessel is already full of self and of a human being's goodness. The Christ comes when a person is so emptied of self that he has renounced not only the evil but also the good and has thus made himself ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...Off the Old Man and Rebirth.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:53- 123K
Find Similar Documents
Living the Illumined Life: Chapter 8, The Fourth Dimension
- ... As a matter of fact, some of the greatest spiritual lights of the world were not among the best of human beings when they began. Sometimes being a very good human being is a barrier to being a spiritual light, because it takes a great deal of humility to attain spiritual realization. The first step in that humility is when the recognition comes that man can be neither good nor evil. That is a very difficult thing for good human beings to accept. They love to dwell on their own goodness and to feel that it is a virtue for which they are entitled to great credit. Furthermore, good human beings are very prone to criticize, judge, or condemn the sinner, or the one who is somewhat less perfect than themselves. Right there they create a block through which the spirit of God cannot penetrate. It is true that God's rain falls on the just and the unjust. It is true that the Master held no one in condemnation. To him there was no waiting for punishment, no waiting to be purged, no waiting for forgiveness. It takes a great deal of humility for a good person to recognize that he is not good but that whatever goodness is manifested in him is really the spirit of God trying to find outlet. If that were more clearly understood, we could then more rightfully enjoy goodness by realizing, "This is not my goodness. This is the goodness of God finding an outlet through me. It is not that I am generous, but that God's gift is being sent out into circulation through me." With such an attitude, we understand more readily the person who for any reason or in any way has fallen from Grace or is away from the path of Grace, because it is only the belief that that individual of himself can be good or bad, and at this particular moment being bad seems the most satisfactory way or the most profitable one. The Remnant, Those Who Attain Conscious Union Those who are seriously directed to the spiritual path should understand that their work at this moment is not to concern themselves with trying to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter 8, The Fourth Dimension.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:53- 124K
Find Similar Documents
Our Spiritual Resources: Chapter Four, Transition
- CHAPTER FOUR TRANSITION Those who are on the spiritual path do not die: they make a transition which is in no way related to what the world calls dying, because this transition is not an act of their own: it is an act of God and takes place by the grace of God. If you will look back on your own experience, you will gain a better understanding of this whole subject. You came into this world as an infant, and when you made the transition from infancy to childhood with an entirely different looking body, you did not die or pass on: you simply made a transition. Some years after that, you reached the age of puberty, and another change took place in your body, but it was not dying or passing on: it was merely a transitional stage into another phase of life. Then, as you reached your upper teens, you passed into still another phase of life, completely different from the twelve-, thirteen-, or fourteen-year stage. All of life took on a different complexion because you had made a transition out of childhood. Dolls and toys no longer interested you, and even basketball, baseball, and football ceased to be the center of your world because the world outside the playground and the neighborhood movie stretched forth in ever-widening horizons. So you continued until one day you found yourself in truth, and when you became a serious truth-student, you found yourself in another world, a world in which bridge, golf, dancing, and the theater occupied a minor place in your life, and, in some cases, were left behind completely because now in this new life your attention was focused on God. It was a transition from "this world," the world to which Jesus referred when he said, "I have overcome the world." 1 There was no death about that transition, except a death to materiality or what Paul called "dying daily," dying daily to old modes of thought and reliances. There was a time in our experience when our primary concern was that we have a normal heart and normal blood pressure. We ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...s_ Chapter Four, Transition.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:59- 115K
Find Similar Documents
Rising in Consciousness: Chapter 12, God Consciousness
- ~ 12 ~ GOD CONSCIOUSNESS NOW, YOU HAVE FOLLOWED ALONG with me in these talks and have heard the foundation of the message, namely, that everything begins with the understanding of God, and without the knowledge of God, there is no spiritual message, there is no spiritual mission, there is no spiritual life. The worship of God as something or someone afar off has separated man from his spiritual life throughout the ages. This worship of a distant God that must be appealed to, must be petitioned, or must be told our needs; all of this has separated us from the actual presence and power of God. In these "latter days" we are beginning to understand that God is, as the poet said, one who hears: "Closer is he than breathing, nearer than hands and feet." 1 In other words, in confirmation of the teaching of Jesus, the kingdom of God is within you. We have learned that God is divine mind; that God is life eternal; that God is more than all this-God is the life and the mind of individual you and me. And this is where we have made our first gain over the ancients: We have not merely learned that God is principle, we have not merely learned that God is soul or consciousness, but we have learned that God is the consciousness and soul of me, the very spirit, the animating principle and law of my being. Unless one clearly perceives this truth that, "I and the Father are one," 2 he will not understand why it is or how it is that, "All that the Father has is mine." 3 The longer you perpetuate God as something separate and apart from yourself, the longer you will be seeking to get your allness from that God. In proportion, however, as you realize that God is closer to us than breathing, that Jesus knew what he was talking about when he said, "The kingdom of God is within you" 4 and "I and the Father are one," to that degree will you realize that all that the Father has is yours. Therefore you do not have to pray for it. Prayer becomes not an asking of God but a realization of the ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...apter 12, God Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:08- 115K
Find Similar Documents
Spiritual Discernment: Chapter 12, The Transition to Christhood
- ... But it cannot be ruled out of your consciousness while you are living on the human plane, which is under the law. It can be ruled out of your consciousness only if you will accept yourself as the Christ, or as a disciple or apostle of the Christ, and realize that you have moved from the human state of consciousness to the spiritual. You are now at that place where your life is a life of forgiveness, a benediction, a blessing, and no evil can come nigh you because you are not seeking anything. You are not even seeking good. As long as you are not seeking, you are not going to receive. You will always be. This is your real nature: being! I and the Father are one in being and in essence. I and the Father are ... To pray for the world means to look out as if seeing this globe of the universe in front of you, and feel your hands or your love going out around that globe with "Father, forgive them, they know not what they do. I pray that your sins be forgiven you. I pray that the Christ dwell in your heart. I pray that no penalties ever be inflicted upon you for the past. I pray that you know spiritual freedom, spiritual justice, spiritual life, and spiritual law." Hold that globe in a whole armful of love, understanding, and forgiveness, and allow no thought of victory to enter your mind: no victory over man, no victory over ideologies, no victory over nations-not victories, but peace. There never can be peace when there are victories, because with every victory there is a loss, and the loser must always think about the next possibility of gain. Never think of victories: think of peace. "My peace I give unto you."17 Keep that globe in your arms: "'My peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you,'17 My peace, spiritual peace, the peace that brings with it forgiveness and comfort. My comfort give I unto you; spiritual comfort." Remember that you have moved. You are not sitting at the feet of the Master; you are sitting beside the Master, and you now ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...he Transition to Christhood.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:16- 122K
Find Similar Documents
The Heart of Mysticism: April 1956, Neither Good Nor Evil The Middle Path
- CHAPTER FOUR: APRIL Neither Good Nor Evil The Middle Path TRUE spiritual living is based on overcoming the self and being reborn of the Spirit-which is what Paul refers to as dying daily. The only devil is the personal self, or ego, which insists upon being considered and catered to; which is easily offended and hurt; fearful one day and joyous the next. In the physical world, and in most religions, both theological and metaphysical, it is deemed sufficient to rid ourselves of the negative aspects by overcoming sin, disease, etc., yet at the same time desiring to cling to all the good aspects-the idea being to cease being a sinful person and become a virtuous one; no longer to be sick but well; to rise above lack into prosperity. This is all very well as far as it goes, but it has no relationship whatsoever to the true spiritual way of life. In the spiritual life, the world is no more good than it is evil, and in the correct apprehension of this is the understanding of what the Master meant when he said: "Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God." Those of us who have embarked on the spiritual path have done so for one purpose: to bring ourselves into alignment with the spiritual laws that have always existed, that exist now, and forever will exist. As an Infinite Way student, you must accept that responsibility and realize that the degree of progress is strictly an individual matter. However, the degree of unfoldment that takes place at a given time is not up to you. Some, by your natures, will achieve more quickly than others; but aside from time, the arduous work is individual acceptance of these spiritual laws, and the subsequent overcoming of the personal self. This you must do for yourself. Let us assume that a group of students is assembled for the sole purpose of uniting in the Spirit for communion with God, in order that the truth be revealed. Before we entered, this room was a blank-nothingness, in which was no good and no evil. ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...od Nor Evil The Middle Path.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:56- 154K
Find Similar Documents