The Journey Back to the Father's House: Chapter 9, The Spiritual Kingdom Made Tangible
- Chapter Nine The Spiritual Kingdom Made Tangible As we grow more and more proficient in meditation, we will become more quiet inside, so that eventually we can hear the still small voice, which is the object of meditation. God is not in the whirlwind or in the storm; God is not in disaster or disease; God is not in the troubles of the world. God is in the "still small voice," 1 and when "he uttered his voice, the earth melted." 2 When God speaks, our problems dissolve, whether they are physical, mental, moral, financial, or whatever they may be. When we hear the voice of God, our entire outer universe changes. The whole world becomes different after we have begun to receive impartations from within. God Must Be Realized The secret revealed in spiritual teaching is that God is not in the visible universe, except where God is realized. The Hebrew people were in slavery to Pharaoh for hundreds of years, and yet they prayed to God religiously and faithfully and to the best of their ability. But nothing changed their slavery; and God was nowhere visible in their experience. When Moses came face to face with God and heard the voice, however, not all of Pharaoh's armies could enslave the Hebrews any longer. Moses, even without armies, without arms, without weapons, was enabled to bring about the release of the Hebrew people from Pharaoh, in spite of his armies. That was possible because Moses was able to bring to bear the actual presence of God, not praying to a God, but actually bringing God's presence to earth in human consciousness. The Hebrew prophets at different times brought some measure of freedom to the Hebrew people, but the Hebrews of those days were somewhat in the same position that people of the world are today. No matter how many times they get their freedom, they go back into slavery in some form or other. It makes no difference whether we think we are in slavery or not, we have been for a long time and so has the world. Why? The same reason the Hebrews ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...itual Kingdom Made Tangible.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:24- 124K
Find Similar Documents
The Mystical I: Chapter Five, The Two Ways of I
- CHAPTER FIVE THE TWO WAYS OF I Those of you who are on the spiritual path are living in two worlds, the material and the spiritual. It may be that some of you at the moment are experiencing very little of the spiritual world, but surely you do occasionally catch glimpses of it in or after a meditation. The experience of this expanded consciousness may come, too, when you have asked for help, have been temporarily lifted out of yourself- out of your problems or out of your body-and for a brief second have caught a glimpse of a consciousness beyond that of the "natural man,"1 the man who never enters heaven, never receives a blessing from God, and is never under the law of God. The consciousness of the natural man is just a branch of a tree that is cut off and is withering, gradually approaching threescore years and ten-a few more or a few less-never even suspecting that there is another realm. While in the consciousness of the natural man, something within turns you in the direction of a spiritual teaching, and if this teaching happens to be the Infinite Way, you are led not merely through some principles of metaphysics, but into the practice of principles that must eventually result in meditation. It is in meditation that this glimpse of the spiritual kingdom is given to you, because in meditation you are not seeking things. You are not seeking health, prosperity, or companionship: you are seeking the kingdom of God, and "in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh,"2 the Christ reveals Itself, and spiritual grace takes over. It might be a momentary glimpse which leaves you for days and does not return, but if you are really determined to follow this path you will keep at it until that awareness does return, not once but again and again. The more often you seek it and the more often you attain it, the closer you are to that place where you are living more in the kingdom of God than in the world. THE LIGHT IS GIVEN TO BE A LIGHT Sometimes people think that ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ter Five, The Two Ways of I.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:31- 97K
Find Similar Documents
The Only Freedom: Chapter 10, Surrendering the Human Sense of Health Supply and Peace
- A Chapter Ten Surrendering the Human Sense of Health, Supply, and Peace lthough those of us on the spiritual path are to some extent the same persons we were when we first came to the study of spiritual wisdom, in some ways we have changed. We are now in a state of consciousness where we do not enjoy the same things we did before, nor are we understood by some members of our family and friends. As time goes on, this breach may widen until some members of our family become totally separated from us, and most of our friends will have gone their way. When that time comes, we either have no friends or we have made new friends on the spiritual path. When we are trying to live out from spiritual consciousness, we no longer see eye to eye with those deeply engrossed in material consciousness. They cannot understand us, and we cannot understand them. For example, at the first sign of a sniffle, some member of our family may say, "Oh, have you taken an aspirin?" Immediately, our inner response would be, "Now, what power would that have?" We forget that perhaps only a few months ago such appearances would have been all-power and fear might have arisen. Now we think, "I know those things are effect. How can one effect touch another effect? I have access to the source." How ridiculous that must sound to those who still believe that God is all wrapped up in an aspirin tablet! In the same way, many of the things of this world that formerly troubled us, no longer bother us. Many of the things which we feared, we no longer fear. Many of the things which we enjoyed, we no longer enjoy. Discord, Not God-Created We came to a metaphysical teaching of one school or another with a specific problem, and we learned a very strange thing. We learned that we had to deny that we had it. In other words, here we were very sick and in pain, and we were told, "Oh, but you must deny that. You do not have it." It seemed ridiculous at first, but after a while we came to understand what our friends ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/... of Health Supply and Peace.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:37:35- 116K
Find Similar Documents
Consciousness Transformed: August 24, 1963, Hidden Manna-The Real Infinite Way
- HIDDEN MANNA-THE REAL INFINITE WAY August 24, 1963 Honolulu, Hawaii GOOD AFTERNOON. It is very noticeable that far too many students do not know what makes The Infinite Way, or why there is an Infinite Way message. If our students knew the answer, their progress would be very rapid; but, because they do not catch this major point, they struggle for years not knowing where they are going or why. That which started me on the spiritual path and which ultimately led to The Infinite Way, was the realization that there is no God in the human world or in any religious teaching as such. There is no God answering the prayers of people. For this reason, and for this reason only, there can be a world filled with all the things you can think of which constitute horrible world conditions. None of this would be if there were a God in the world. In the presence of light there is no darkness. You cannot have the presence of the Christ and have a sin or a death or a lack or man's inhumanity to man. Eventually it was revealed to me that you cannot reach God through the mind, and that is why prayers as such are worthless except as one's blind faith might make of them a little power-just as it is possible to give a little sugar pill and stop pain. In this realization you must remember that this makes any religion or any religious teaching in and of itself nothing more nor less than a philosophy. The only thing that can make a religion a religion is something that brings the actual presence and power of God into concrete manifestation, and it is for this reason that we say The Infinite Way is not so much a teaching as an experience. There are spiritual principles, but these do not constitute The Infinite Way. These are but stepping stones or bridges over which you walk. You have not reached the goal of The Infinite Way until you have the actual realized presence of God or activity of the Christ. It is for this reason that we cannot have outlined or formalized prayers or treatments. They ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...anna--The Real Infinite Way.pdf
Modified: 2017-04-26 12:59:09- 109K
Find Similar Documents
I Stand on Holy Ground: Chapter 9, Cast Thy Bread on the Waters
- ... Everyone Has Something To Give There never has been an excuse for continued poverty, for lack or limitation. Look out at this world and see how much wealth there is on every hand. Many persons do not think so, but there is only one reason they are not expressing abundance. They are not giving enough, or they would be partaking of that wealth because nothing can be withheld from those who give. Lack or limitation is the experience of those who for one reason or another withhold or who accept the belief that they have nothing to give. There is no one who has nothing to give. Everybody can give forgiveness; everybody can give companionship; everybody can give some unselfed service. I do not mean service to your family. There is nothing unselfed or giving about that. That is personal and selfish, for your own good. I am talking about impersonal giving, impersonal service. With the exception of those who have been hospitalized with a long costly illness, there is no one in the world who ... You came into this world with nothing, and whatever comes to you comes from God, and whatever you have to give, share, and pour out is from God's storehouse, not from yours! Once you begin to perceive this, you will never be satisfied to tithe merely ten percent. It will increase to fifteen percent, twenty, and twenty-five percent, until the day comes, as it has already come in the experience of some persons, that you may be tithing eighty percent. God's law is giving; God's law is outpouring; God's law is expressing. You are violating God's law when you fail to do that. I am not referring only to money. Money is but one of the facets. Pour out forgiveness; pour out understanding, cooperation and, above all, be sure that you are not seeking to get something. You have to learn to do whatever you are doing without ever entertaining the thought of a return. In marriage a husband usually contributes one thing and a wife some other thing. It is a mutual giving. Everyone has a different idea ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ast Thy Bread on the Waters.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:37- 122K
Find Similar Documents
Living Between Two Worlds: Chapter 1, Opening The Door To Infinity
- ~ 1 ~ OPENING THE DOOR TO INFINITY CIVILIZATIONS HAVE COME AND GONE; civilizations have lived and died; and there is no guarantee that our present civilization will be permanent. At some future time, a new race of men may find parts of these cracker boxes we call buildings and homes, and they may even discover rock-and-roll records that bear witness to our state of civilization. The point is that just as other civilizations have passed from sight, so many more may also pass from sight before the truth that every mystic has revealed is discovered and demonstrated, which is that man has inherent within himself the capacity to surrender such protective measures as self-preservation and to open the door within his consciousness and receive the Spirit of God. There are two levels of consciousness. There is the spiritual, incorporeal level as described in the first chapter of Genesis. On this level, man created in the image and likeness of God shows forth neither sin, disease, death, lack, limitation, nor any of man's inhumanity to man. Those born into the consciousness of the first chapter of Genesis have neither father nor mother. They are the Melchizedek-consciousness: they are not physical offspring, and they have no human parentage. They are incorporeal. But those born of human parents are born into the level of the second-chapter- of-Genesis creation, the world of mind, the mortal consciousness of good and evil, which constitutes humanhood. It is this humanhood that makes us think that by destroying our enemy or competitor we can live and prosper, or that by taking away somebody's freedom we can become greater. A leaven is necessary to break through the crust of self-preservation. This leaven is the Spirit of God in man, which, when It * is raised up, lifts man to Its level; and then, instead of "man, whose breath is in his nostrils," 1 we now have the son of God, that man who has his being in Christ. The Master acknowledged that there are two men: the man of ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...pening The Door To Infinity.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:43- 124K
Find Similar Documents
Living by the Word: Chapter 6, The Nonattachment of a Developed Spiritual Consciousness
- Chapter Six The Nonattachment of a Developed Spiritual Consciousness The major function of the spirit of God, as it operates as individual spiritual consciousness, is to break the attachment of the human mind to form and effect. It acts as a law of nonattachment, so that the effect of the operation of the Spirit is that a person loses his fear of the destructive elements of human life and he also loses his love of those things that temporarily seem good, but which oftentimes may prove to be destructive. The activity of the Spirit destroys the love, hate, and fear of external appearances, external powers, and external laws, and a person who attains some measure of that Spirit finally is able to say to any problem, "Arise, take up thy bed," 1 and thereby let go of the problem, realizing that there is no power in effect, no power in any external condition. A person who has attained even a grain of spiritual consciousness can enjoy the things of this world but never be attached to them: never be willing to lie for them, steal, or cheat, but always able to enjoy them as they come into his experience normally and harmoniously, without loss or injury to another. Sudden Illumination or Unfoldment The question, then, is how to attain this consciousness. With all the reading and studying I have done and with the unfoldments and revelations that have been given me, I have found only one way, and that is a way that has been known and taught throughout all the ages. I am not now speaking of the experience which comes to certain individuals without their knowledge or without any apparent preparation by them on this plane for this experience but which comes as an act of divine Grace. Even those persons, however, were undoubtedly prepared in previous lives. As you examine the life of some persons on this plane who have attained illumination, you may sometimes wonder why it is that one individual here or there, by some act of the grace of God, attained a spiritual consciousness that ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ped Spiritual Consciousness.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:35:48- 123K
Find Similar Documents
The Altitude Of Prayer: Chapter 11, Individuality Revealed Through Prayer
- ~ 11 ~ INDIVIDUALITY REVEALED THROUGH PRAYER THE PURPOSE OF PRAYER is to bring the Spirit to our individual experience, so that this parenthesis * may be permeated with the Spirit and the fourth-dimensional substance called the Christ may come into activity. This is a transcendental Presence, a Substance, Essence, Activity, or Reality which can never be seen, heard, tasted, touched, or smelled. It is so real that It can whisper in our ear, "Do not drive up this street: drive up that one." It can prevent us from making an investment or lead us to a bookshelf where we might find the one book that can meet our need for us at a particular time. It can even go before us so that our banker makes the loan that he refused to make the day before. It is an unseen spiritual Influence, and the person who is illumined has contact with Its essence. Two words for illumination used in the Orient are "satori" and "darshan." Christian mysticism has a word for us, too, a beautiful word: Grace. "My grace is sufficient for thee," 1 "My" meaning the invisible spiritual Center or Source. We live by Grace; we can do all things through the grace of God. The transcendental Presence must become a living experience, permeating our consciousness, flowing through us to the extent that the fingers tingle with It, and the toes. It is a reality, even though the human mind cannot understand It, the human eyes cannot see It, and the human ears cannot hear It. It is so real that when It happens we know It, and there are no questions. When anyone asks the question, "How may I know if this is real?" he has not yet experienced It. When a person does, It is unmistakable, not only in Its manner of expression, but in the fruitage. When a person is touched by the transcendental Presence, something in his life will be better: his health, supply, morals, home, family relationships, or business. The more he contacts It, the more his life will be an outer expression of an inner Divinity. CREATION UNFOLDING This ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...ity Revealed Through Prayer.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:27- 122K
Find Similar Documents
The Foundation of Mysticism: Chapter 4, Treatment - Its Meaning and Purpose
- ~ 4 ~ TREATMENT: ITS MEANING AND PURPOSE Good Morning. Sunday morning on Maui-one of those beautiful days Maui knows how to make! We have done an important work this week. If these tapes are properly studied they can prove to be the most important work you have undertaken in the message of the Infinite Way, but this depends on what you put into it. You won't get more out of these tapes than you put in because all these tapes have are words, and the words only take on importance as they become imbued in your consciousness and their meaning is realized. You may have to listen to these tapes many, many times before you begin to get the meaning that I put into them. That meaning is the direct result of thirty years of this work. They are important, that I'll tell you-and why? Because they deal with the subject of treatment. Why is the subject of treatment important, when it is a word that is never heard in the religious world? To understand that, you have to understand the purpose of treatment. The purpose of treatment, metaphysically understood, is the development of spiritual consciousness. Treatment isn't aimed at healing diseases or at getting supply; treatment isn't aimed at making better relationships. Treatment has one specific purpose, and that is developing spiritual consciousness. Now let me illustrate exactly how this is accomplished. In the material state of consciousness into which we were born, the greatest reality is matter and material force. That's what we fear the most and that's what we love the most. We love it most in forms of money, jewelry, property, and investments, and we fear it most in the forms of bullets, poisons, and germs. Matter in one form or another is the subject of our love, of our hate, and of our fear. In another sense, matter is something we use in the form of material force, whether it is water power or electrical power, to attain good in one way or another. But we also use material force for destructive purposes, to kill or to ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...t - Its Meaning and Purpose.pdf
Modified: 2017-02-07 14:36:49- 138K
Find Similar Documents
The Government of Eden: Chapter 6, When We Are Tempted To Argue ...
- VI when we are tempted to argue or fight: "don't fight 5!" A S LONG AS there are persons fighting evil conditions, there will be evil conditions to fight because the mind that believes in two powers is still creating conditions of good and evil. Only when we withdraw power from them, when we cease fighting them, will these evil powers cease to be. The moment that you can be tempted to fight a person or a sin or a disease, you are engaged in a battle that, in the end, will destroy you. Why? Because in and of itself, it has no power, but you are giving it the power against yourself. We may be confronted with evidence of misunderstanding, hate, envy, jealousy, or malice. What difference does it make? It's an appearance. And right where the appearance would seem to be, God is. God is. God is. God is. God is all that we deal with. We do not deal with beliefs, with persons, or with conditions. We deal only with the word "God." In illustrating this, I have brought to your attention these beliefs which appear to us as appearances, which ordinarily we would seek to overcome through God, through treatment, and prayer. But don't make that mistake. Don't try to overcome material law, mental law, moral law, any law. Always recognize that you are dealing with one law. Anything else may be there as an appearance, just as 2 x 2 is 5 may pop up in your checkbook some month, but that doesn't mean you have to believe it. It isn't true, and you don't have to work against it. You have to merely recognize that 2 x 2 is 4, and the 5 goes of its own accord. Don't fight that 5! Don't try to overcome it. Don't set up mental warfare against it. Just recognize 4, and 5 will disappear of its own accord. As you recognize spiritual law as the only law, all other claims of law disappear. So it is that we in The Infinite Way have left behind the theological belief that there is a God-power that does things to error or evil, a God-power that fights the devil or fights sin or fights disease, and we ...
URL: http://acropolisbooks.com/...overnment of Eden_Chapter 6.pdf
Modified: 2021-01-25 13:32:06- 103K
Find Similar Documents